Below is a link for 100 SAT words. You job is to scroll through the list and find 2 words you have never heard of before. Next you will create a well formed, complex sentence for each of the new words to demonstrate that you have read and understood it's meaning. You must have 2 original words and sentences to get full credit for this week's posting!
Click Here to View Words

62 comments:
Davona Thomas
3B
1.The prosaic boy had trouble visualizing the scenes in the story.
2. The old man was so rancorous that no one wanted anything to do with him.
Davona Thomas
1A
1. the woman informed her child how deleterious the chemicals were.
2.The girl discovered a surreptitious path deep within the forest.
1)My friend was "Querulous" that everyone was upset with him.
2)My niece is an amicable,and respectful person.
Belky Carbajal
Period:4A
Elijah Powell
3B
1. I am so tactful when speaking to others in public.
2. My mother is so fraughted with drama when she gets home from work.
1. Mrs. Reynolds feels abhorred about students using electronic devices during class.
2. An opulent individual's bank account is the key to a successful life.
1. My sister's tennis team is one of the most venerable teams on the field.
2. The Officer requested John Marshal's paper's to officially vindicate him.
1. The oldest women in America is venerable for living on this earth over 200 years.
2. Martin L. King was an orator for reading the "I Have a Dream" speech.
Deyonna Butts Pd.3B
1. Jeremy Lin's high scoring games were very transient, now he isn't in the news anymore.
2.The Omish are so reclusive they have never pressed one electronic button.
1. At one moment a friendly game turned out to be a brusque battle to be called the winner.
2. The prosecutor capitulated during the court hearing because the defense fought a good and well thought out case.
Domonique moore 2-a
Vocab -Superfluous
-The superfluous work had to be done even though we had already finished the project.
vocab-tenacious
-She has a tenacious spirit about her.
#DonaldMoore #Period1B
1).capacious: very large, spacious
2).capitulate: surrender
Spurious
The Myth Busters do many spurious experiments.
Vindicate
Many lawyers have to vindicate.
William Majette 3B
Demetrius Lofton 1A
TRANSIDENT
This pill have mild side effects, which are usually transient.
JUBILATION
His jubilation went down when he got a bad score on his test.
Michael West 4A
The juices taste was transient.
The game was most inconsequential due to the people who performed at the party
1 . benevolent : People tend to tell me how benevolent i am , becuase i'm always there for a friend in need , or when meeting new people .
2 . boisterous : there are many kids at friendly that are boisterous , just to get attention .
1.) When someone behaves in a surreptitious way, they're being secretive. They're doing something that they don't want to be seen doing.
2.) To be venerable is to be admired and respected because of your status or age. You become venerable by achieving great things or just by living long enough.
Jamal Hailey 2B
1. While everyone was laughing and talking during the test it was hard for me to have subtle thoughts.
2. The comedian used hackneyed jokes as he was desperate for an applause.
I Really Do Not Know How To Save My Money So It Becomes Abate Alot.
I Would Not Get Anywhere Near The Desert Beacuse It Is Very Arid.
The *capacious* room was filled with laughter at the comedy show.
King Kong was a deleterious ape, its the people who were treating him wrong
ChynaMcCombs3B
1. The governor won the election because he had a great sense of political sagacity.
2. The perfidious traits of the band member caused multiple arguments among the group.
Danielle May 1a
1. My English teacher lesson has been very "transient" lately due to testing.
2. The old lady was vey "canny" when she walked to her mailbox to get her mail.
Dyamond Nelson 2B
1. I walked into a very capacious meeting last week .
2.He lacked jubilation, causing his performance in school to be greatly affected.
Rap, of course, is by now a venerable art form.
The umpires had a surreptitious check of the laws before giving White out.
Charles Bridgeforth
4b
1. Maya Angelou is a very vernerable poet
2. Sometimes when you ask some people a simple question they will sometimes give you a superfluous answer
1. The Spurious Angel Deceived God.
2. The Boy Had A Very Good Prosaic About His Future.
Anthony Davis #2b
1. I really "abhor" when my sister borrows my stuff without asking.
2.When I got hurt in basketball it felt good to see the whole team "conergence" to help me out.
Maya Robinson
4/A
Arid
1. As I look at the plant it seemed arid.
Surreptitious
2. You become surreptitious when you are doing something wrong.
Eric Datcher Jr
2B
1.My IPod Is very transient on battery life.
2.I Am Venerable To My Lil Brother.
1.)My friend and i COLLABORATE very well when working together.
2.)there's a lot of DISDAIN in the world today.
-Kristen Young
-1B
- Abhor; To really hate
- Aesthetic; pertaining to beauty.
1.) I abhor people who disrespect their elders/adults who presented a life before their time.
2.) I am very aesthetic and intelligent.
Karisa Johnson 4A
frugal
arid
1.Since we are in a recession people are very frugal with their money.
2. The desert is very arid because of the lack of water.
kevin holston 2b
1. Basketball is full of adversity when the coach says it is time to start running sprints.
2. Some students are extremely nonchalant when grades are about to go in if thy know they are passing
Terrell Proctor
2A
Deleterious - Harmful to living things
Jubilation - A feeling of extreme joy
Deleterious: People who smoke cigarettes and cigars are very deleterious to our air.
Jubilation: When the baseball team won the championship they had great jubilation.
1. Venerable : football players are very venerable.
2. Arid: the desert Is very Arid.
1. Even though it was a full summer, the two months felt very transient. I guess time does fly when your having fun. (:
2. I am very venerable to speak on president Obama's behalf today,doing to injured tendon.
1. Shannon was disdain to Jennifer dog dying, because she did not like it.
2. Gary felt abstain, because his stomach hurt from eating those peanuts
-Nace Denton-Hurst
4A
My brother is very vernerable beacause of the things he accomplished.
Sometimes when im with my friends and he/she says something that they think is funny, i act tactful towards them.
DELANO PAYNE
2B
Taqiyyah RECIO
Abhor
I abhor people that be loud for attention.
Wary
My mother is very wary about her children.
I abate my score when I guess on all the questions on my test.
Pitbulls can be deleterious to anyone.
Aneya Dixon
3B
1. Many people became *rancorous* because of the man's ignorant speech.
2. It would also appear *prudent* to encourage students with bad grades to study.
-Jada Young/ 2B
My grandmother is very Vernerable because of her wise personality.
I have a very nonchalant attitude towards people I don't like.
Deche Neal
She became reclusive when she found out she was extremely ill.
It is inevitable to show emotions in serious situations.
Donyah B. 4a
Asleys back rub this morning was (mudane) and relaxing.
The (orator) "Malcolm X" delivered one of the greatest speeches of all time.
Annabel had stabbed him nonchalantly, with a malicious look in her eyes; when the cops came she looked them dead in the eyes 'intrepidly'.
Parents always put the blame on kids for the wrong-doings that has been cause, they never look for the truth ; kids squirm under their 'condescneding' looks.
I have so much reverence for the one's who fight for the people.
Mist people are superfluous, one of many reasons why I don't talk...
1. The car ride to the park was transient.
2. I am canny when I'm around your friends.
1)The animals are surreptitious since they avoid being spotted.
2) The time space where you drink a protein shake after working out is transient since it is only about a 30 minute slot.
Tariq Abdullah-2A
1.) This new girl that I met thought I was venerable cause I'm a senior.
2.)My teacher thinks I'm a disdain young man because i talk slang all the time.
1. my mother procrastinated allday about taking me to the store to go shopping.
2. I love parched prunes
Romello Collier 4a
Jermaine Taylor
Thomas and Jackie were very venerable towards all elderly citizens.
Christopher and his brother showed very little adversity towards their grades and education.
Jermaine Taylor
2A
Marques Malone 4a
1. Due to his generous contributions to society Martin Luther King Jr. was very VENERABLE.
2.The ORATOR delivered perfect articulation in his speech.
Sabrina Posley reported that prosperity is only a mindset, this causing millions to sharpen their minds as opposed to their wallets.
Parents sell to their children to strive to be like "exemplary teens", causing a limiting of individuality amongst their children.
Jacobs was Venerable for getting a 4.0 in his report card all year.
Jellisa was Querulous about having to get her Nails and Hair done with her mom
EboOtuya-2B
1. She was only 7 when she played a venerable piece of music.
2. But looking at different animals some may be transient.
The president is a very venerable person. just as a 4.0 student in high school.
she says the agreement is biased and one-sided.
He lives an reclusive life. Distant from society.
1. The boy is very venerable with in his community and with his peers.
2.To bad his popularity ended up becoming transient as time went on.
Jade Ellis 3B
Amicable – If Wars are to end, nations must learn amicable means of settling their disputes.
Arid – The topic of the class discussion was arid.
Brazen – The person that was in trouble told a brazen lie.
1) My mom can be overly tenacious when it comes to her not getting her way!
2) The transient of this meeting made it pointless to come in the first place.
Charlene Talbott
3/26.2012
Social Issues 1a
The Heat Is Enervating Today The Girls Were Fortuitous When They Came Across a Store With Umbrellas When It Was Raining.
JUSTIN FERGUSON BLOG POST
1. When I see her, I become venerable inside.
2. Do not be a procrastinator about working out because it can effect your body in the long run.
1. The boy was granted respect from his student body for aesthetic behavior towards his peers.
2. The presentation that was suppose to improve the behavior of the student body was hackneyed so many times that the student has lost the interest towards becoming a better person.
Post a Comment