Do you think this violates the rights of the parents and/or students? Do you think the school has a right to step in if they are trying to help fix the issue?
I think that this is violating the rights of both the students and the parents, but more of the students per say. I think this because the students that are overweight shouldn't have to wear anything that they don't feel comfortable. When it comes to the parents, they should know that these people are putting those things on their children. This is a big issue when it comes to privacy. The students should want to do it on their own and not getting forced to do anything that they don't want to do. I do think that schools do have the right to step in and help but not in this way. Even though they are trying to help they don't have to go to way extreme measures. A way that they could help their students is better food, help them do more in gym class, ect.... it's the small things that the school can do to get much better results than violating the parents and students privacy.
I think that schools should always inform parents first about thier child's health or any activity they want their child to participate in. Students shouldn't be forced to wear those things because some people may feel uncomfortable and feel bad about themselves and having things like that and forcing them to wear them may lower there self esteem...
After reading the article I feel that this is a big violation to not only the children but parents as well. If there's a fear in a child's health I think the parent or parents should always be informed first. It is no one elses right to judge someone or something on a physical appearance without a correct approach. To these children their could be a discomfort. I know and can understand the help these teachers want to put forth but their are many answers to the situation. For example limit the amount of snacks being put into vending machines, Increase physical activity in Gym classes, Also encourage student to take part in extra curricular activities afterschool hours. Karisa Johnson 4A
It does violates the rights of parents and students because obesity is something personal and it doesnt need for a school to bud into.That problem needs to be taking care of at home.Its not like thay doing anything to help things get better by doing all that.This should have been something that the school should have sent home to ask for permission to do so.
Schools should always inform parents about there health and talk to them about getting in a pyshical activity that they would like to join. no one should be forced to wear something like a detector on them.If i was that person i would be uncomfortable and be embarrassed i would perfer playing basketball or tennies something that will have me running after school then being embarrassed infornt of people in school wearing a detector around my leg or arm.
It Voilates The Parents And Children And At The same Child Goes Against There Jobs Which Are To Inform The Parents About The Kids Physical Fitness Because If Henrey As Asthma And Dede Doesnt They Have To Have An Extent On Henrey's Health Issues
yes i do think this is a violation to students and parents. i think before doing this to students they should inform parents first. they should know if the parents agree or disagree about this situation.
i think if the child wants to be fat we'll let him be fat they can do any thing with their body it's their body not the other person body. Jamal Hailey 2B
I think this is violating the rights of the parents and the students. I understand that this school wants to help but this is not the way to do it. This all sounds a little discriminating to me. Only certain students will be chosen to wear these wristwatches. Did anyone consider hoe this would make the child feel ? They most likely already know they are overweight now adding this watch to the matter it's basically a public message to the world i'm fat. So I disagree with this. If they want to help stop obesity they need to have a gym class that provides exercise that is easy for overweight children to do. They can also serve healthier food at lunch.
I think this should be voluntary. Also inless the person being obsereved is older then 18 you should notify the childs parents first.No one should be allowed to run any type of test on your child without your permission. I do believe the school has a right to fix the issue because its for a good cause and could be very helpful. At the same time parents have a right to know what going on with there child. Keeping the childern active can help us have less or weight and unhealthy kids. They should volunter to do this in all schools to help health issues(With Parent Permission)!!!!
Violating rights? NO there trying to help, I would hate to be fat,lost of breath,can't do as much etc.. And when you get older it's worse, there trying to stop it while there young to make it better for them in the future.
I believe these monitors are nothing more than a stupid gadget that won't do anything to help the obesity rate. This is no better than a commercial or a brochure about weight. You think these kids don't know their overweight? The last thing they need is a constant reminder that their obese, its almost like taunting. If I had a monitor on me 24/7 it would be nothing more than an annoyance. You can continue to tell a child they need to be more active but they have to make the decision to lose weight. A monitor can't help you anymore than a doctor can.
The school is only trying to help the students but this so violate them. Only a few children will be choosen to wear these wristwatches and the children that are selected to are obese. This is not right. If they are going to make children wear these wristwatches make all of the children in the school wear them and if they do not have enough for all the children then none of the children should wear them at all. This is a true invasion of the students privacy
I actually do not think this is a bad idea.I think this will keep children preoccupied which means that children won't be having children and they won't have time to start problems around the neighborhood. But i doubt every parent will purchase the wristband so it would not really work. Craig Williams 3B
To me its a good idea and a bad idea because its helps overweight children know that they need to lose all of that weight since to much weight is bad for you and not that healthy.Also,it will drop the death rate which would be less heart attacks in the world or even the country.Its a bad idea because most of the children's parents don't even know about this device and that it has been put on their child. KAYLA MITCHAM 3B
Yes it does violates the rights of the parents and the students. I'm pretty sure if there over overweight they know it they don't need the school tracking them.No they don't have a right, the only right i think they have is the right to let them to gym class other than that no they don't. They shouldn't inter fear with it.
I think the athletic director is completely wrong by making the students wear the watches, but I believe that it is good that the director cares about the students health. I believe that the obiest kids should not be embarressed that way.
I do think it violates the parents and students because it embarresses the students because they are look down on by peers and the parents feel like they are not taking care of their responsibilty by watching thier childrens weight.
I think that taking the liberty to test a child's weight problems in school is overstepping boundaries between the parent and the student. Parents in this article are reportedly not aware of this testing and may not know if their children are involved. This violates the rights of children by manipulating their weaknesses and violates parents by keeping them uninformed.
I think it is an invasion of privacy. I could understand a doctor wanting to track this kind of information but not school officials. If the parents signed a paper saying that this is ok then that would be a different story.
I think this violates the rights of the parents and/or students because the story tells us that the parents were not even informed about the device that was put on their children. Even though the schools say that they will keep the parents abreast, the parents should not believe them because the schools are going to tell them what they want to hear. The schools just want to conduct this study to prove their point. The study is unethical because it does not seem like they want the parents or students to have a choice. They said the students are randomly chosen and the parents are informed. Being informed about this is not asking for permission. I think the schools need to mind their business and focus on teaching the kids.
I think the school is violating the rights of the parent and the child because this action should be voluntary for both the parent and the child and parents. I do not think the school has a right to step in on this issue because a child's obesity is none of the schools business it is a personal matter for the child and the parent and if they feel the situation should be fixed then that is a matter that should be handled by the child and his or her parent or family.
I believe that the actions that the schools are taking are not over the line. The schools are only looking for the well-being for the children with these precautions toward obesity. These children shouldn't be forced to grow up overweight so the schools are just trying to help out the children. If the parents won't take charge of the child's health, the school is right for stepping in and making sure the student don't have severe health problems as adults.
I think that of the school is gona do something that involves a child that is not there own they should inform the parent of the child. Also i think that the whole watch monitor is a invasion of privicy on the child because who is going to like that their every moves are being watched. If a child is obese he/she's parent should take ther child to a dietition to be put on a healthy diet.
I think this is not right because they should ask the parents first if they could do this because the parents my not approve of this. They should just let the kids run. Instead of doing all of that. They should get kids fit the right way. Because I do not think some parents would approve of this. I think that the parent will think that they are taking advantage of their child.
I think this is violating both the parents and child. However I think its for a good reason. I say this simply because most parents of obese/overweight kids don't really try to help their child to become fit and healthy. In most cases they feed their childs habit. Dyamond Nelson 2b
I do think this violates the rights of the parents and the students. But i think they are doing it for a good reason. I think the school should have asked the parents if they was trying to help.
i think it does voilate the rights of the paretnts and students becasue they should have asked the parents of the kids first.But if they are omstly in need to be monitered and if the parents say no then you still dont take matters into your own hands go to a higher level of of authority or something.
I think this is violating their rights because who are they to make the students wear something like that. It is the parents Responsibilty, the school does not need to fix the issue, they need to mind they Bussiness.
I Think This Violated The Kids And The Parents But Really The Kids Because The Kids That Are Over Weight Can't Really ConTroll That. But They Should Of Informed The Parents Like With A Paper Going Home Wiht The Kids So The Parents Can Get Their Kid Out Of The Class Or ProTest.
I feel as though it does violate the parent/childs right but if the PARENTS aren't doing anything about THEIR KIDS WEIGHT and other people do why be concerned because they are trying to help because obviously you aren't doing something right because they are HUGE. These people are trying to help because obesity can eventually harm these kids there should be a permission slip or something but other than that the schools should be concerned about the kids and everything that has to deal with them, especially something potentially life threatening.
I Think It Is A Good And A Bad Idea Because It Would Help Kids That Are Overweight Loose It But Also I Think It Wrong To Be Put The Bracelets On The Kids Without Their Parents Knowing! If I Was A Parent And They Put A Bracelet On My Child Without I Would Be Mad!
I think this does violate both parent and child because the school should have told the parent or had a meeting discussing the child weight.It's none of the school business, to put a bracelet on the child and to monitor what the child does. I think the only thing the school could do is have a P.E class so the child can be more active this is all the school should be aloud to do.I dont think they have right to fix the issue since the parent isn't but you can take the risk for someone esle child.
I think this does violate both parent and child because the school should have told the parent or had a meeting discussing the child weight.It's none of the school business, to put a bracelet on the child and to monitor what the child does. I think the only thing the school could do is have a P.E class so the child can be more active this is all the school should be aloud to do.I dont think they have right to fix the issue since the parent isn't but you can take the risk for someone esle child.
Yes i believe that it is violating the kids and the parents rights . The Schools had no right to go head and do these test without the parents knowing or consent . And if i was a child they wantdd to do the experiment or whatever then i would have said something and made a Big deal about it , and that would the case if i was a parent to . Thats my child ,and you have no right to go and put on electronics on my child with out my consent , obese or not . The least they could have done was havd Like a meeting to lett the parents know what was going on , or sent out permission slips . thats how i feel about it .
I feel if the state would like to help the obesitiy issue this can be a good idea, however since its very controversial regarding the rights of the studnets and and parents it should be voluntary. But this program/action should be very active since America is the number obesity country. And knowing Amreicas reputation of being lazy i think that the obese kids have done nothing to help their health. If the kids are truly interested in becomeing slimmer and healither than this would be helpful since theres an olnline site they can go to see their progress. If its being done without permission then it is violatiung their rights.
This is a violation to parents and students because it can make the parent feel as if they are a bad parent and they might not be, however it is helpful because if the student is obese and the parents aren't helping fix the situation it's helping the student become more healthier. the devices wouldn’t be needed at all if some parents stopped neglecting their children in a way that they don’t spend as much time with them as they could which can finally lead to obesity or even more serious problems. I think that this should be optional and the parents decide on if they want it or not.
To me, I think this violates the rights of parents and students because:
1: they did not get the student's parent's consent from this idea because some parents might oppose from the idea and not want it for their children because it insults them & their child.
2: These students can feel insecure & convince themselves that they're fat. With that, it makes them feel uncomfortable. In my eyes, I feel that it's also wrong to proceed with this idea without asking them how they feel about the situation. Their feelings count too!
With this said, it doesn't mean that the school doesn't have the right to step in and fix the situation. That's not their job! Their job is to teach & build students' inner core so they can be prepared for the real world. Parents will ask if they need their help with doing so, but if they don't tell them or if they don't want the school to do such a thing, then they should let it be & stay out of people's businesses!
We want to be the students to be okay and feel comfortable, so in order to have that environment, they have to have BOTH the parents' consent & the students' opinion to see if they feel okay about it or not.
I think that the school is violating the rights of the students. I think that it is best to remain teaching the children healthy eating habits and healthy exercise habits. Honestly the monitors are a waste of money. I say this because you can teach a child about being healthy and losing weight but if the child is not determined to lose weight then it is pointless. If the child is serious he will lose weight without the band. Plus these are the same districts that will complain about the budget. marques malone 4a
I dont think it violates the parents and students if they have permission from them. but i think its a stupid idea because schools have nothing to do with students weights. if people wanted less fatty kids the could give then vegetables and water for lunch instead of chicken nuggets and pizza. thats a good idea!!!!!
I Think Its A Good Idea If The School And Teachers Has Permission From The Students And The Parents Because Its Just Benifiting The Students. But I Dont Think That All Teacers Should Be Able To See The Childrens Weight,Only The Teachers Associated With Helping The Kids Lose Weight.
I Think Its A Good Idea If The School And Teachers Has Permission From The Students And The Parents Because Its Just Benifiting The Students. But I Dont Think That All Teacers Should Be Able To See The Childrens Weight,Only The Teachers Associated With Helping The Kids Lose Weight.
I do believe that this violates the rights of kids everwhere. If it was me i would letthe parents knowthen introduce the procedures that we have to help the student. But always let the parents know first.
Yes i think this violates the rights of parents and students because they first didnt even host a meeting with the students or parents there just doing this on there own will.But Then the schools have a right to fix the issue because people these days make fun of fat people and prolly this is the reason why some people commit suicide or drop out of school so they can be gone from bullying so they are trying to fix things and help people with physical issues.Ebo Otuya2B
Yes, I believe this violates the rights of the parents because children are aware of their weight. If the schools are doing this to children then it's not a good system. No, schools should not step in an fix the problem because it's not their child that's the parents problem. Diamond Murphy 1A
I think that this is a violation to the parents and mostly the students. I say this because the students that are obesity shouldn’t have to wear certain types of clothing to show what they’re doing. I believe that if they were to do this it would be a violation of title IX. Also the student would feel a type of way of how their being treated, also their parents will and should have a problem with it to.
This violates and it doesn't at the same time. Why do you say it violates? Because they need to inform parent before taking any action and so the parents can at lest be aware. Why does it not violate? Because it is trying to stop child obesity the best way that they can.
This right here i would have to say is torture also embarrassing for the obese kids because if they got other people in there watching them and when you are standing there watching others do what you cant you might start to feel a little intimidated and you will start to feel hurt if you people start to laugh.
I do believe that this violates the rights of kids everwhere. If it was me i would let the parents know then introduce the procedures that we have to help the student. But always let the parents know first. Deyonna Butts Pd:3B
Yes I do think this violates the students rights because of the fact that the students dont have a say so in wether they want 2 go through with the program or not. Yes I do think the school has a right to step in because the school is trying to help the overweight students stay healthy.
51 comments:
I think that this is violating the rights of both the students and the parents, but more of the students per say. I think this because the students that are overweight shouldn't have to wear anything that they don't feel comfortable. When it comes to the parents, they should know that these people are putting those things on their children. This is a big issue when it comes to privacy. The students should want to do it on their own and not getting forced to do anything that they don't want to do. I do think that schools do have the right to step in and help but not in this way. Even though they are trying to help they don't have to go to way extreme measures. A way that they could help their students is better food, help them do more in gym class, ect.... it's the small things that the school can do to get much better results than violating the parents and students privacy.
I think that schools should always inform parents first about thier child's health or any activity they want their child to participate in. Students shouldn't be forced to wear those things because some people may feel uncomfortable and feel bad about themselves and having things like that and forcing them to wear them may lower there self esteem...
Katherine Ventura
2a
After reading the article I feel that this is a big violation to not only the children but parents as well. If there's a fear in a child's health I think the parent or parents should always be informed first. It is no one elses right to judge someone or something on a physical appearance without a correct approach. To these children their could be a discomfort. I know and can understand the help these teachers want to put forth but their are many answers to the situation. For example limit the amount of snacks being put into vending machines, Increase physical activity in Gym classes, Also encourage student to take part in extra curricular activities afterschool hours. Karisa Johnson 4A
Elijah Powell
3B
It does violates the rights of parents and students because obesity is something personal and it doesnt need for a school to bud into.That problem needs to be taking care of at home.Its not like thay doing anything to help things get better by doing all that.This should have been something that the school should have sent home to ask for permission to do so.
Schools should always inform parents about there health and talk to them about getting in a pyshical activity that they would like to join. no one should be forced to wear something like a detector on them.If i was that person i would be uncomfortable and be embarrassed i would perfer playing basketball or tennies something that will have me running after school then being embarrassed infornt of people in school wearing a detector around my leg or arm.
Autumn Woods
1A
It Voilates The Parents And Children And At The same Child Goes Against There Jobs Which Are To Inform The Parents About The Kids Physical Fitness Because If Henrey As Asthma And Dede Doesnt They Have To Have An Extent On Henrey's Health Issues
Anthony davis 2b
yes i do think this is a violation to students and parents. i think before doing this to students they should inform parents first. they should know if the parents agree or disagree about this situation.
CLARISSA HERNANDEZ 4A
i think if the child wants to be fat we'll let him be fat they can do any thing with their body it's their body not the other person body. Jamal Hailey 2B
I think this is violating the rights of the parents and the students. I understand that this school wants to help but this is not the way to do it. This all sounds a little discriminating to me. Only certain students will be chosen to wear these wristwatches. Did anyone consider hoe this would make the child feel ? They most likely already know they are overweight now adding this watch to the matter it's basically a public message to the world i'm fat. So I disagree with this. If they want to help stop obesity they need to have a gym class that provides exercise that is easy for overweight children to do. They can also serve healthier food at lunch.
I think this should be voluntary. Also inless the person being obsereved is older then 18 you should notify the childs parents first.No one should be allowed to run any type of test on your child without your permission. I do believe the school has a right to fix the issue because its for a good cause and could be very helpful. At the same time parents have a right to know what going on with there child. Keeping the childern active can help us have less or weight and unhealthy kids. They should volunter to do this in all schools to help health issues(With Parent Permission)!!!!
Violating rights? NO there trying to help, I would hate to be fat,lost of breath,can't do as much etc.. And when you get older it's worse, there trying to stop it while there young to make it better for them in the future.
Virgil 4A
I believe these monitors are nothing more than a stupid gadget that won't do anything to help the obesity rate. This is no better than a commercial or a brochure about weight. You think these kids don't know their overweight? The last thing they need is a constant reminder that their obese, its almost like taunting. If I had a monitor on me 24/7 it would be nothing more than an annoyance. You can continue to tell a child they need to be more active but they have to make the decision to lose weight. A monitor can't help you anymore than a doctor can.
The school is only trying to help the students but this so violate them. Only a few children will be choosen to wear these wristwatches and the children that are selected to are obese. This is not right. If they are going to make children wear these wristwatches make all of the children in the school wear them and if they do not have enough for all the children then none of the children should wear them at all. This is a true invasion of the students privacy
Shannon Weaver
2A
I actually do not think this is a bad idea.I think this will keep children preoccupied which means that children won't be having children and they won't have time to start problems around the neighborhood. But i doubt every parent will purchase the wristband so it would not really work.
Craig Williams 3B
To me its a good idea and a bad idea because its helps overweight children know that they need to lose all of that weight since to much weight is bad for you and not that healthy.Also,it will drop the death rate which would be less heart attacks in the world or even the country.Its a bad idea because most of the children's parents don't even know about this device and that it has been put on their child.
KAYLA MITCHAM 3B
Yes it does violates the rights of the parents and the students. I'm pretty sure if there over overweight they know it they don't need the school tracking them.No they don't have a right, the only right i think they have is the right to let them to gym class other than that no they don't. They shouldn't inter fear with it.
Maya Robinson
4/A
I think the athletic director is completely wrong by making the students wear the watches, but I believe that it is good that the director cares about the students health. I believe that the obiest kids should not be embarressed that way.
I do think it violates the parents and students because it embarresses the students because they are look down on by peers and the parents feel like they are not taking care of their responsibilty by watching thier childrens weight.
I think that taking the liberty to test a child's weight problems in school is overstepping boundaries between the parent and the student. Parents in this article are reportedly not aware of this testing and may not know if their children are involved. This violates the rights of children by manipulating their weaknesses and violates parents by keeping them uninformed.
I think it is an invasion of privacy. I could understand a doctor wanting to track this kind of information but not school officials. If the parents signed a paper saying that this is ok then that would be a different story.
I think this violates the rights of the parents and/or students because the story tells us that the parents were not even informed about the device that was put on their children. Even though the schools say that they will keep the parents abreast, the parents should not believe them because the schools are going to tell them what they want to hear. The schools just want to conduct this study to prove their point. The study is unethical because it does not seem like they want the parents or students to have a choice. They said the students are randomly chosen and the parents are informed. Being informed about this is not asking for permission. I think the schools need to mind their business and focus on teaching the kids.
I think the school is violating the rights of the parent and the child because this action should be voluntary for both the parent and the child and parents. I do not think the school has a right to step in on this issue because a child's obesity is none of the schools business it is a personal matter for the child and the parent and if they feel the situation should be fixed then that is a matter that should be handled by the child and his or her parent or family.
I believe that the actions that the schools are taking are not over the line. The schools are only looking for the well-being for the children with these precautions toward obesity. These children shouldn't be forced to grow up overweight so the schools are just trying to help out the children. If the parents won't take charge of the child's health, the school is right for stepping in and making sure the student don't have severe health problems as adults.
::1A:: Viviana Guerreo-Martinez
I think that of the school is gona do something that involves a child that is not there own they should inform the parent of the child. Also i think that the whole watch monitor is a invasion of privicy on the child because who is going to like that their every moves are being watched. If a child is obese he/she's parent should take ther child to a dietition to be put on a healthy diet.
^*Paula Ramos 4-A*^
I think this is not right because they should ask the parents first if they could do this because the parents my not approve of this. They should just let the kids run. Instead of doing all of that. They should get kids fit the right way. Because I do not think some parents would approve of this. I think that the parent will think that they are taking advantage of their child.
I think this is violating both the parents and child. However I think its for a good reason. I say this simply because most parents of obese/overweight kids don't really try to help their child to become fit and healthy. In most cases they feed their childs habit.
Dyamond Nelson
2b
I do think this violates the rights of the parents and the students. But i think they are doing it for a good reason. I think the school should have asked the parents if they was trying to help.
Aneya Dixon 3B
i think it does voilate the rights of the paretnts and students becasue they should have asked the parents of the kids first.But if they are omstly in need to be monitered and if the parents say no then you still dont take matters into your own hands go to a higher level of of authority or something.
I think this is violating their rights because who are they to make the students wear something like that. It is the parents Responsibilty, the school does not need to fix the issue, they need to mind they Bussiness.
Deche Neal
I Think This Violated The Kids And The Parents But Really The Kids Because The Kids That Are Over Weight Can't Really ConTroll That. But They Should Of Informed The Parents Like With A Paper Going Home Wiht The Kids So The Parents Can Get Their Kid Out Of The Class Or ProTest.
I feel as though it does violate the parent/childs right but if the PARENTS aren't doing anything about THEIR KIDS WEIGHT and other people do why be concerned because they are trying to help because obviously you aren't doing something right because they are HUGE. These people are trying to help because obesity can eventually harm these kids there should be a permission slip or something but other than that the schools should be concerned about the kids and everything that has to deal with them, especially something potentially life threatening.
I Think It Is A Good And A Bad Idea Because It Would Help Kids That Are Overweight Loose It But Also I Think It Wrong To Be Put The Bracelets On The Kids Without Their Parents Knowing! If I Was A Parent And They Put A Bracelet On My Child Without I Would Be Mad!
KaylaFaulk:3B
I think this does violate both parent and child because the school should have told the parent or had a meeting discussing the child weight.It's none of the school business, to put a bracelet on the child and to monitor what the child does. I think the only thing the school could do is have a P.E class so the child can be more active this is all the school should be aloud to do.I dont think they have right to fix the issue since the parent isn't but you can take the risk for someone esle child.
Danielle May 1a
I think this does violate both parent and child because the school should have told the parent or had a meeting discussing the child weight.It's none of the school business, to put a bracelet on the child and to monitor what the child does. I think the only thing the school could do is have a P.E class so the child can be more active this is all the school should be aloud to do.I dont think they have right to fix the issue since the parent isn't but you can take the risk for someone esle child.
Danielle May 1a
Yes i believe that it is violating the kids and the parents rights . The Schools had no right to go head and do these test without the parents knowing or consent . And if i was a child they wantdd to do the experiment or whatever then i would have said something and made a Big deal about it , and that would the case if i was a parent to . Thats my child ,and you have no right to go and put on electronics on my child with out my consent , obese or not . The least they could have done was havd Like a meeting to lett the parents know what was going on , or sent out permission slips . thats how i feel about it .
I feel if the state would like to help the obesitiy issue this can be a good idea, however since its very controversial regarding the rights of the studnets and and parents it should be voluntary. But this program/action should be very active since America is the number obesity country. And knowing Amreicas reputation of being lazy i think that the obese kids have done nothing to help their health. If the kids are truly interested in becomeing slimmer and healither than this would be helpful since theres an olnline site they can go to see their progress. If its being done without permission then it is violatiung their rights.
This is a violation to parents and students because it can make the parent feel as if they are a bad parent and they might not be, however it is helpful because if the student is obese and the parents aren't helping fix the situation it's helping the student become more healthier. the devices wouldn’t be needed at all if some parents stopped neglecting their children in a way that they don’t spend as much time with them as they could which can finally lead to obesity or even more serious problems. I think that this should be optional and the parents decide on if they want it or not.
-Jada Young 2B
To me, I think this violates the rights of parents and students because:
1: they did not get the student's parent's consent from this idea because some parents might oppose from the idea and not want it for their children because it insults them & their child.
2: These students can feel insecure & convince themselves that they're fat. With that, it makes them feel uncomfortable. In my eyes, I feel that it's also wrong to proceed with this idea without asking them how they feel about the situation. Their feelings count too!
With this said, it doesn't mean that the school doesn't have the right to step in and fix the situation. That's not their job! Their job is to teach & build students' inner core so they can be prepared for the real world. Parents will ask if they need their help with doing so, but if they don't tell them or if they don't want the school to do such a thing, then they should let it be & stay out of people's businesses!
We want to be the students to be okay and feel comfortable, so in order to have that environment, they have to have BOTH the parents' consent & the students' opinion to see if they feel okay about it or not.
I think that the school is violating the rights of the students. I think that it is best to remain teaching the children healthy eating habits and healthy exercise habits. Honestly the monitors are a waste of money. I say this because you can teach a child about being healthy and losing weight but if the child is not determined to lose weight then it is pointless. If the child is serious he will lose weight without the band. Plus these are the same districts that will complain about the budget.
marques malone 4a
I dont think it violates the parents and students if they have permission from them. but i think its a stupid idea because schools have nothing to do with students weights. if people wanted less fatty kids the could give then vegetables and water for lunch instead of chicken nuggets and pizza. thats a good idea!!!!!
briah clay 2b
I Think Its A Good Idea If The School And Teachers Has Permission From The Students And The Parents Because Its Just Benifiting The Students. But I Dont Think That All Teacers Should Be Able To See The Childrens Weight,Only The Teachers Associated With Helping The Kids Lose Weight.
I Think Its A Good Idea If The School And Teachers Has Permission From The Students And The Parents Because Its Just Benifiting The Students. But I Dont Think That All Teacers Should Be Able To See The Childrens Weight,Only The Teachers Associated With Helping The Kids Lose Weight.
I do believe that this violates the rights of kids everwhere. If it was me i would letthe parents knowthen introduce the procedures that we have to help the student. But always let the parents know first.
Yes i think this violates the rights of parents and students because they first didnt even host a meeting with the students or parents there just doing this on there own will.But Then the schools have a right to fix the issue because people these days make fun of fat people and prolly this is the reason why some people commit suicide or drop out of school so they can be gone from bullying so they are trying to fix things and help people with physical issues.Ebo Otuya2B
Yes, I believe this violates the rights of the parents because children are aware of their weight. If the schools are doing this to children then it's not a good system. No, schools should not step in an fix the problem because it's not their child that's the parents problem.
Diamond Murphy 1A
I think that this is a violation to the parents and mostly the students. I say this because the students that are obesity shouldn’t have to wear certain types of clothing to show what they’re doing. I believe that if they were to do this it would be a violation of title IX. Also the student would feel a type of way of how their being treated, also their parents will and should have a problem with it to.
Acquila Robertson
Period 3b
This violates and it doesn't at the same time. Why do you say it violates? Because they need to inform parent before taking any action and so the parents can at lest be aware. Why does it not violate? Because it is trying to stop child obesity the best way that they can.
This right here i would have to say is torture also embarrassing for the obese kids because if they got other people in there watching them and when you are standing there watching others do what you cant you might start to feel a little intimidated and you will start to feel hurt if you people start to laugh.
I do believe that this violates the rights of kids everwhere. If it was me i would let the parents know then introduce the procedures that we have to help the student. But always let the parents know first.
Deyonna Butts Pd:3B
Yes I do think this violates the students rights because of the fact that the students dont have a say so in wether they want 2 go through with the program or not. Yes I do think the school has a right to step in because the school is trying to help the overweight students stay healthy.
Post a Comment