Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/
Monday, January 23, 2012
Why are Iphones Made in China??
Outsourcing is when a company decides to have its goods produced in another country for a variety of reasons. Apple is a company that is known for outsourcing to China.
Why does Apple outsource to China? Why is Obama concerned about this? How could the government try to promote companies like Apple to stop outsourcing? What is your opinion on outsourcing?
3 comments:
Kayla Jackson 1A
said...
Apple outsources to China because China has more mid-level engineers, a more flexible workforce, gigantic factories that can increase production, and China also offers tech firms.Although Jobs says that having to pay China less wages is not a part of the reason, I will continue to think otherwise. Obama is concerned about this because it will create more jobs in the United States. The government could try to promote companies like Apple to stop outsourcing by creating a law. If it is continued, the business will no longer be able to sell products in the country. This method may not be as affective. My opinion on outsourcing is that they should be able to do it. Steve Jobs wants to save money. He should want to. If I was in his position, I would do the same thing.
I dont understand why Obama is so surprised hpw much Apple depends on china. China has much more of an advantage over the US when it comes to education & factories. That alone speaks for itself. Dyamond nelson 2b
From the article Apple outsourced to China because of lower taxes from America and from what it seems it could be from how many workers they gain who works at a fast rate. Obama is concerned about this because it might be from the amount of people who don't have jobs. The government could try to promote companies like Apple to stop outsourcing by lowering taxes or maybe helping people get more prepared for the job. I believe that outsourcing is understandable for the companies to be able to make the companies more successful, but it could leave people without jobs.
3 comments:
Apple outsources to China because China has more mid-level engineers, a more flexible workforce, gigantic factories that can increase production, and China also offers tech firms.Although Jobs says that having to pay China less wages is not a part of the reason, I will continue to think otherwise. Obama is concerned about this because it will create more jobs in the United States. The government could try to promote companies like Apple to stop outsourcing by creating a law. If it is continued, the business will no longer be able to sell products in the country. This method may not be as affective. My opinion on outsourcing is that they should be able to do it. Steve Jobs wants to save money. He should want to. If I was in his position, I would do the same thing.
I dont understand why Obama is so surprised hpw much Apple depends on china. China has much more of an advantage over the US when it comes to education & factories. That alone speaks for itself.
Dyamond nelson
2b
From the article Apple outsourced to China because of lower taxes from America and from what it seems it could be from how many workers they gain who works at a fast rate. Obama is concerned about this because it might be from the amount of people who don't have jobs. The government could try to promote companies like Apple to stop outsourcing by lowering taxes or maybe helping people get more prepared for the job. I believe that outsourcing is understandable for the companies to be able to make the companies more successful, but it could leave people without jobs.
Post a Comment