Click Here to Read Timeline
What is your opinion on how everything was handled? Do you think the college board was right to fire those that they chose to let go? Do you think there was anyone who wasn't punished enough? Or punished too much? People to comment on include: Coaches Sandusky, Paterno, McQueerie, and the President of Penn State.
34 comments:
I think the Sandusky should get the death penalty and burn in hell.I say this because he orally raped the kids and some were minority.I think those who knew what were going on should die and burn to.How could someone ever abuse a minor like that its just nasty and gay as hell. I think the situation is not handled good enough and I do not think the penalties are good enough I want justice up in here.
I think the Sandusky should get the death penalty and burn in hell.I say this because he orally raped the kids and some were minority.I think those who knew what were going on should die and burn to.How could someone ever abuse a minor like that its just nasty and gay as hell. I think the situation is not handled good enough and I do not think the penalties are good enough I want justice up in here.
i don't think they did enough , because after victim 1 i shouldn't have happened again . I don't understand how someone can rape kids . i mean this is a grown man raping little boys . i see it as imagine if that was YOUR son being raped by a man 4x his own age , and your son not being able to do anything about it , accept tell , and maybe be scared for life ? you'd be some kind of pissed , i know i would . i think everyone who witnessed what was going on happen , and didn't say anything about it should have gotten fired . I think everyone got what they deserved . I do think more could happen so things like this wouldn't happen , like maybe putting cameras in the locker rooms , that could make he environment more safe for the kids .
I think Sandusky deserves a lot more than just losing his job and reputation. Having his image removed from the school is a start, but the kids who suffered emotionally deserve justice.
Jordan D
1B
I honestly believe they shouldnt have let Paterno go before he finished the season.This was going to be his last season anyway.But they addressed the situation in the way they felt was right.Sandusky DEFINETLY should have gotta much harsh of a sentence than he did.But the one thing that was punished the most was the Penn State program. The recruits for Penn State have decreased significantly because of this situation
Phillip Moore 1b
I Mean This Is Practicly Sad But The World We Have To Day Im Not Suprised At All And Im Pretty Sure The School Board Could Have Solved This Another Way By Letting His Season End Thats My Opinion Only Because I Beleive That The Students Had To Had Some Dwon Low Relationship With The Coach That Escaladed Then The Students Came Out AndSaid He Raped When TheyWanted It They Just Didnt Want To Be Called Gay!
Anthony Davis 2b
While . . My opinion is that, Sandusky deserves anything and everything bad that they throw at him . Because he is a VERY sick , sick man . And of course i think that all the men that knew about was happening . Should be punished. Cause they repeatedly let him abuse those poor children. And their parents should be ashamed of themselves. Because they didnt push the issue .
My opinion is that, Sandusky deserves anything and everything bad that they throw at him.I think those who knew what were going on should How could someone ever abuse a minor like that its just nasty. I Really Dont Think That Any Of That Stuff Was Right At All.
Eric Datcher Jr. 2B
I think that Sandusky and everyone else who witnessed such a shameful crime got everything they deserved,and if the penalty decision was left up to me it would be worst. I dont understand why an old/grown man would even have thoughts of even attempting to do such a thing to a child or even take anyone's innocents. I feel as though that those who knew and didnt go to the police should get punished more because they wouldnt want such things like that to happen to someone in their families. I also dont agree with Sandusky's bail amount,this man is a millionaire that is really nothing to him. He could afford that any day.
-Ebony Thornton
Personally, I Think Sandusky Shouldnt Of Been Able To Be Release With Bail. He Also Shouldnt Of Been Able To "Retire", He Should Of Been Fired. I Mean Sandusky Ruined Those Way Underage Kids' Reputation. He Should Of Got 10 Years With No Possibilty Of Posting Bail, Because Posting Bail Is The Easy Way Out. When You Post Bail You Pay The Bail Fee, Get Out Jail, And Get Your Money Returned. Who Came Up With That? Oh Yeah "I Did A Crime, So All I Have To Do Is Post Bail." No, It Shouldnt Be Like That, Whats You Do The Crime, You Should Do The Crime. What Is The Prisoner Going To Learn If He Just Posts Bail? Nothing. (TYRONE KOEHLER-JONES 2A)
personally i think these guy should go to jail for life instead serving like 40 years,or make im think in jail about what he did was wrong and he shouldn't touch any kids in any manner. and if he post bail he just going to do that again and not going to learn anything at all he just gonna think it's not wrong to touch a kid in the wrong manner he basically comitted rape but towards kids so he deserve to be put in for life jamal hailey 2B
I think that Sadusky should be put in jail for life. After victim 1, it should not have been anymore. Anyone that knew what was going on should be punished as bad as Sadusky was. How can you see a man rapping a little boy and not say anything ? After this happened, they should have did more to watch him. When i heard this story, i was so disgusted. I wouldnt be able to live with myself if i saw this happening and didnt say anything.
Aneya Dixon 3B
I belive that handled this situation very well considering what happend. I also belive that they were right in firing everyone who knew and didnt say anyting. Their just as bad as the guy that commited the crime. Sexual abuse is a serious crime and should be reported if anyone is aware immedately.
-Dorian Womble, 1A
Nope nope Nope the man is sick ! okay , this whole 40 years BS is stupid. i swear that he needs to be hung by his wrists and tortured maybe even a "Saw" Trap to get his head shaken. i think the victims should come back and get him. a sort of twisted "Scream" movie ! i'm totally disgusted. he needs to have LIFE LIFE LIFE in jail ... no not jail nor prison more liked locked away in a dungeon under water or a cage in a cave that's covered with cement. sick freak and as for the ids who knew and didn't say anything are you stuck on stupid like , they should serve some time in jail to ! -__- Oh my god this world is SICK !!
-Jyleke & Miss. Voodoo Period 2b
The Penn State scandal was absolutely ridiculous, and disusting. To start off in my opinion Jerry Sandusky should recieve the dealth penalty for what he did to those little boys because no one should deserve to live that does something like that. In my opinion the board had every right to fire every single person they thought or believed was apart of that horrific scandal. McQueerie is guilty by himself because he witnessed the boy getting raped in the locker room and all he did was tell Joe Paterno when he should have called all local police and made a big scene about what he was doing. Joe Paterno claims that he took to his bosses, but once he realized they were not taking affirmative action he should have took matter in his own hands and did all he could to get that monster in jail. The entire athletic department should be blamed for allowing such a scandal to continue on, and letting him remain a coach. I have listened to news reports and people want to have the NCAA shut down the football team for a year, and i agree. There is no reason you should care more about sports then the well being of young boys. Jerry Sandusly, Paterno, and McQueerie deserved to be fired and sent to jail.
-Cailyn Thomas
1B
I think that everyone who was involved in this scandal should all be punished. But Jerry Should Be Punished The Most. He hurt those boys and he has been getting away with it for years. Everyone that knew about this should be punished, !
Deche' Neal
I feel as if that the right precautions were not taken. One when that Paterno McQueerie saw Sandusky in the shower he should have reported it. Also those detectives should had filed a report, I believe that Sandusky was very wrong for what he did, innocent little boys where raped and molested by this man. Sandusky should spend the rest of he's life in jail. Many boys and there parent suffer from want he did. He should feel the suffer and pain that those parents and boys went though.
4A
Nace Denton-Hurst
I feel as if that the right precautions were not taken. One when that Paterno McQueerie saw Sandusky in the shower he should have reported it. Also those detectives should had filed a report, I believe that Sandusky was very wrong for what he did, innocent little boys where raped and molested by this man. Sandusky should spend the rest of he's life in jail. Many boys and there parent suffer from want he did. He should feel the suffer and pain that those parents and boys went though.
4A
Nace Denton-Hurst
I feel as though this thing that happen at Penn State was sad and wrong because of the fact that it wasbeing kept in and people was not trying to speak up and not tell anyone..Alot of people should get fired for this scandal and I feel as thought the coach should've been fired because of the fact that he did not tell the police about what was going on and how he saw the kids be ing touched..In my eyes this whole organzation should be shut down and there football team should be canceld and season should be over because this is one of the worst football stories ever..College Baord had the right to do what they did... Juwan Reese 1b
I Feel As Though They Really Didn't Do Anything To Him Because He Raiped And Abused A kid And All He Got Was A Lost Of A Job. But He Might Not Get Another One As Much Paying. But Over All They Didn't Do Anything To Him He Should Of Got The Death Penality Or Sentenced To Life In Jail Or Even Let The Kids Parent Choose What He Should Do For The Rest Of His Life.
Yes I believe that the college board was right to fire people the police decided to let go. I believe that Sandusky was not punished enough since he harassed multiple young victims. However he should not get a penalty such as the death penalty he should get something worst. He should be in jail to suffer knowing what he did to his victims. The Penn. State employees should not be punished but should pay closer attention to things on the campus. Only the person committing crimes should be punished.
Tariq Abdullah -2A
Yes I think that the colllege board made a good decision in firing the people because one they kept all of these in for a long time. I think sandusky need to be punish the most he did the actual harrassing. But for the rest of the people I think they should get punish just not as hard.
Taylor Bynum 1A
I think things were handled terrible with Penn State. Joe Paternoo and Mike McQuery did not deserve to get fired. They wasn't the ones who committed the crime of rape. They actually reported Sandusky to the athletic director and after everything Joe Paterno did for the program they fired him over the phone. That just seemed disrespectful to me. The only person who should of got fired was Sandusky because he was the only person to actually commit a crime.
I think Sandusky deserved more than just loosing his job. He should have been sentenced to some hard time. Now Paterno and Mcquery should have said something along time ago. But i guess they were not sure about how to go about handling it but it would be common sense to me how could someone allow something like just go unpunished is beyond me.
marcus lindsay 2a
I think things were handled in a bad way with Penn State. Joe Paternoe and Mike McQuery didnt need to get fired.They wasnt the ones that did a crime.After everything Joe did for that college they go and fire him over the phone.Out of anybody Sandusky should have been the major one that got fired because he committed a crime.They could have handle that situation better than they did.
I dont agree with how everything was handled because i sont think they should have fired everybody that was in the organization instead just fire the man who was raping the boys. They should have punsihed him more than anybody because how can you rape a child who doesnt know anything that is going on and its a shame that nobody found out about it and this has been going on for almost 20 years .
Raymond Flowers 1B
I think that everything was handled in a right way. Getting them to investigate and then charge him was good. I most defiantly thought that the board was right to fire him because why would you want a man like that in your school and doing that to those young people. That's just wrong if they would have kept him. People who do stuff like that makes me sick. I think that the coach wasn't punished enough the need to put him in jail for like 15 years because that's just wrong and that's child rape. Coach Sandusky makes me sick when I think of what he did. Coach Paterno I feel like really didn't do nothing and if he knew the other coach was doing it he can't control what other people do. The President of Penn State was right for helping making the decision to fire him was the best for everyone.
I Believe That The Man Wasnt Punsihed Enough He Should Never Be Able To Work Anywhere Near Children Ever Again. He Did It Several Times What Makes You Think That He Wont Do it Agian Thats Not Smart ON Anyones Part If They Didnt Take That Into Consideration He Should Be Facing Some Years in Jail This IS No Punishment At All.
Marquis Anbaz 2b
Personally, I Think Sandusky Shouldnt Of Been Able To Be Release With Bail. He Also Shouldnt Of Been Able To "Retire", He Should Of Been Fired. I Mean Sandusky Ruined Those Way Underage Kids' Reputation. He Should Of Got 10 Years With No Possibilty Of Posting Bail, Because Posting Bail Is The Easy Way Out. When You Post Bail You Pay The Bail Fee, Get Out Jail, And Get Your Money Returned. Who Came Up With That? Oh Yeah "I Did A Crime, So All I Have To Do Is Post Bail." No, It Shouldnt Be Like That, Whats You Do The Crime, You Should Do The Crime. What Is The Prisoner Going To Learn If He Just Posts Bail? Nothing.
Michael West 4A I dont think they should have fired the head coach because he said he didn't know anything about it. If he didn't know and he's telling the truth he should get his job back
i believed that coach sandusky should have been fired. i think that everyone that knew about this and didnt go to the police should have been fired aswell. the man should man be allowed on the campus nor any where near any children. he should be arrested and not allowed to leave for 25 years if that.
william johnson 1a
I think that sandusky was wrong for doing what he did and joe paerno could have told someone but i dont think that it is really joe paterno's fault because he had no real proof that sandusky was doing that to the boys it was just what he heard frm others but now that everyone knows about it now i think sandusky should be punished and paterno should be let off the hook because he didnt commit any crime to anyone he just coached his football team KEVIN HOLSTON 2B
I think the only person that should have been punished was the man doing the SICK crime he should not have a trial because it is too many people coming out saying that these aligations are true. Now i do think people could have donr more to stop this man but at the same time if nobody caught him in act how could the story be beliveable. i say sent The SICK man to jail and rehire other employees.
Khadijah Tyler 1B
With this Penn State situation Im honestly speechless because Penn State was a college I was looking into.I would have never thought anybody in Penn State's organization would have ever done this,because Sandusky has ben a trusted man in the organization for years.Im also really disappointed in Joe Paterno because thats a man I looked up to,for as long as i can remember.I do feel as though Paterno should have said something but I know Sandusky probably threatened him.For Sandusky I do feel as though he should go to jail for many years because he destroyed a mans childhood.
Craig Williams 3B
Post a Comment