Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Video Games Cure AIDS

Can the cure for AIDS be found by playing a video game?

Online Gamers Work to Cure AIDS

What do you guys think about this new way of using technology to investigate medical problems?? (Use FER!!!) Could this technology be used for other medical concerns? Or other national or international problems?? (FER!!!)





38 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that it would depend what the medical problem is. But yes it might be able to cure some problems. But not the serious ones.

Dierra P.

Anonymous said...

I think this could make a big difference in how we look at videogames by not just seeing it as a distraction.It can be used for medical concerns because creating a simulation of games that could help people big time for doctors that can't figure out the problem.

Charles Jackson 3B

Kelly Catama: 2B said...

I think video games is a good way to distract people from getting AIDS. That's because once they play something that they're interested in, then they'll think of playing games all the more! but it doesn't mean that when they get AIDS, they can just play games & automatically be cured.

Mrs. Reynolds said...

Kelly, did you read the article?? That's not what it's about...

Anonymous said...

I think that video games can cure a medical problem, depending on what the medical problem is. That would be good if it cured medical problems because people always say that video games are only to distract you. It could help out doctors figure out the medical problem. It could make a huge difference.

Aneya Dixon 3B

Na'Teia Johnson said...

Yes it might be able to cure some problems. But not the serious ones.
(Na'Teia Johnson 2A)

Anonymous said...

J. Daniel 1B

I think technology such as video games, can be used for medical purposes. In hospitals now, video games can be given to kids so they won't be as bored being there all the time.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great way to find out more medical things because a lot of people play video games. People spend half of their day on that so it would draw a lot of people's attention. I think it can be used for other medical discoveries.

Deche' Neal

Anonymous said...

i this this is a great idea and can ahieve finding a cure for some of the most common diseases in the world it is also a fun way to find out cures so this can help cure certin diseases if they can achieve finding a cure for aids theys should try to step thier level up and see if they can find a cure for cancer which is one of the most dangerous diseases worldwide if the gamers-scientist can find a way to cure this then they will be known forever by everyone and will save millions of lives

KEVIN HOLSTON 2B

Anonymous said...

i think this a great way to look at video games and see how they cant always be a distraction. i could be used as a medical concern because it can help find out more cures for other dieseases and it stimulates more by not getting distracted

Brandon Beckwith 1A said...

Oh I remember hearing about this.It does seem like if you put a concept in other form others can solve them easier the same applies here.Who know's what we can solve with this technology.I thing this might even work with other concepts as well.

Angel Johnson 4A said...

With this updated technology tools can be created to stimulate the brain or maybe help sells but i doubt that it will do anything for diseases such as AIDS or HIV because updated technology has been in progress for many years and if there was anything that could be used as a cure it should have been recognized already.

Anonymous said...

Probably the most farfetched idea I have ever heard in my entire. But it could definitely work out. You would be surprised at the kind of information one can find in a variety of different places and if video games are one of those places then why not take a crack at it? Besides, Medically beneficial entertainment? That has to be the best thing ever and for sure could work in many other ways. The sky is the limit and a new concept like this could surely break through it.

Ayinde Michael 1A

Anonymous said...

Michael West 4A It would show the kids how to cure diseases and they would want to do it in real life. The game shows how ppl need help the kids wil b addicted to it like any other games

CraigSimon2012 said...

Yea this is crazy useful! If its something we can do to help fight off diseases like AIDS then go for it! Every little bit of help counts.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the cure for AIDS can be found in video games. It can probally lead doctors one step closer to finding a cure for this disease. It can maybe be a cure for some other typed of disease. There have been much research and many test done and if video games was the cure I think that everybody with the deadly disease would be well again.

Shannon Weaver
2A

Anonymous said...

I think this is an great discovery and this can help scientists find a cure for an deadly disease that affect millions of people. This bring scientists a step closer to finding other things also. The technology can help us locally and nationally.

Nace Denton-Hurst
4A

Anonymous said...

I think this would be really helpful. Instead of just playing video games we could use the technology to help cure diseases and other medical attention. Although some diseases might not be cured by this type of technology.

Rikieshia Brown
Period4A

Langston Parker said...

My opinion is it may help some diseases but in the wrong hands a nerd from out of no where make an aids mutation that can turn into something else.That's like giving me a gun and going out and shooting a cop instead of a serial killer.I hope the people that use this game find out the cure to AIDS.

On the other hand why would someone have aids?They weren't taking proper precaution such as using a condom.In my opinion std's are consequences and it marks souls.If we can't be responsible with our parts we receive something that takes care of are parts.That is like someone digging in the toilet and deliberately make their girl a sand without washing their hands.

By the way RIP Troy Davis

Anonymous said...

I think if a video game cure aids or any disease/sickness i think it would change everybody out look on video games. this would probably one the best ideas a person can come up with because once it cures one person it would be more money to come in because doctors would be tryna to buy as many video games to cure all of their patients. the society would be better because it would be less people dying and with medical problems and more people heathly and surviving.
taylor bynum 1A

Anonymous said...

I think video games would be a great way to cure aids because it will keep people from thinking about sex and more into the computer or video game, and society would have less illnesses
-Jasmine Biggs 1B

Mrs. Reynolds said...

Hmmm I can tell from your posts that a lot of you DIDN'T read the article. Lots of partial points on this one =(

Langston - There are other ways to catch AIDS besides STDs...

Anonymous said...

I think this way of using technology to investigate medical problems is great. Some people play videogames for 8-16 hours at a time to work though strategic levels. If you give those videogame geeeks a disease molecule and tell them to "crack" it , they will be determined to complete the tasks. -Stephan Taylor 1A

Anonymous said...

i think that this technology can help cure some medical problems but not the serious ones like aids, cancer, etc. I think that its great to use this technology to try to combat medical issues, because its more cost effective than stem cells.
Ajani Bryant 1A

Lavell Allen Social Issues 1-A said...

Finally something SCIENCY lol. Well this article was very interesting. After all who knew a video game program would solve a long standing scientifc problem. I say that this gaming program will be very useful to medicinal problems around the world. It would do wonders to those affected in Africa. To have built and amino acid in three weeks is profound. To analyze and decipher the Human Genome took years. This is a monumental step in the production of vaccines and antibiotics. Its funny how many discoveries in science occur due to accident and curiosity.

Ravon D. said...

I think ts great the fact that they are using technology to investigate medical problems beacuse many people play video games daily. But also i dont think it wil cure major diseses such as aids, cancer, etc...

Anonymous said...

If video gaming can cure the AIDS epidemic, then who knows what's next? Even though the gamers do not have a full view of the enzyme, I think that the pharmacists will be able transform that flat picture to a real thing. I agree with Lavell. Scientists have worked years and years to even come this close to discovering a cure. With the cure being technology-based, maybe it might be just like cracking computer codes. If a game can cure AIDS, then it should be able to cure less life-threatning diseases with no problem.

-Kiah Williams 1A

Anonymous said...

I believe that finding treatments for aids by using video games is a good idea. If people can research something by relating it to something they are interested in work could be done more quickly and efficiently. If gamers learned to decipher amino acids in just 3 weeks then the other things they could do would be just absolutely amazing for the world. Gamers have even done feats that scientists couldn't do in a decade. I believe gamers could contribute greatly to treating HIV.

Tariq Abdullah
2A

Anonymous said...

I think video games can cure medical problems.It solved a long scientific problem. If there is an possibility that it can cure AIDS, than other problems should be easier.Now they are a step closer to solving the cure for AIDS.
Cainan Garrison 1A

Pretty.Boy.Millionaire☆ said...

I believe this is a great idea and can really be helpful in achieving Great! findings of a cure for some of the most common/Less common diseases in the world that scientist yet to have discover,Create a cure for them . Also it can be a fun way to find out cures and to use different tact-tats to destroy the many different disease and illness, so this can help cure certain diseases if they can achieve a finding cure for aids,cancer,hiv,etc. But they should try to step their levels up and see if they can find a cure for cancer which is one of the most dangerous diseases worldwide if the gamers-scientist can find a way to cure this then they will be known forever by everyone and will save millions of lives, also that game would make like the game hall of fame for best video game ever and be sold out everywhere. :)

Pico Cross said...

Im not going to lie, I dont think video games can cure you ithink it can cause but it doest hurt to try because you may even suprise youself.

Rashad Atkins 4A said...

I think you can find the cure to AIDS because the way technology going. Also the story lines of the games now they are including more intelligence of games.

Anonymous said...

I guess this is true, i say that because if children or adults are playing video games there not out boo loving or having sex. So this is a good point. But sadly i don't play video games, yeah boo hoo, but i don't have time to be playing games all day i have better stuff to be doing. And the rest of you should too. Get a life. =) Just kidding.

Dierra P.
1B

Anonymous said...

Ashanti Walcott 1/A
In my opinion, this new and updated technology may be able to give us more insite on AIDS but maybe not a cure. Video games have nothing to do with medical conditions in my opinion. I think that video games can be used as a good tool to educate children as well as adults on medical issues including AIDS.

julius bradley 1a said...

I dont think this new method of using technology to discover medical milestones is credible. I say this because i play video games all the time they usually have glitches and malfunctions. They are usually considered minor things but for it to haoppen when trying to find medical success would prove to be a massive issue in the medical field. I dont think its reliable in any case of finding solutions to problems. Its purpose is to entertain bored people and it should be continually used in that fashion
Julius Bradley 1a

KaTrina Baker said...

Playing video games is bad and technology these days are bad because it makes people brain get weaker from knowledge and they focous more on computers and games. It Does entertain people when they bored but its not supposed to get anybody hooked on electronics.

Anonymous said...

WHAT ? wait , so if the scientist can't find a cure in the lab room. why would you think they could find one by playing a video game -__-

-Jylekeistheway

Anonymous said...

When you hear that "videos games can cure AIDS", you can't help but to think that's a little silly. But after reading the article it shows that even video games experts can solves even the toughest mysteries the brightest of scientists can't solve. I find it really amazng that they were able to find the problem there was for making a cure for AIDS, thus giving people with the disease a little hope.

Marcus Walker 2B