You guys remember mail?? Like the kind that comes in envelopes that a man in a white truck puts in a box at the end of the driveway? Well did you know that the USPS (U.S. Postal Services) is in danger of being shut done because of how much revenue it is costing?
Save the Post Office!
Do you think that these measures will help the situation or could their impact be harmful? Would you support this plan or do you have another idea?
30 comments:
What I just read sounded crazy to me. In my opion I think that situation will help because your helping people with their retirement and health benefits. To some people it can be a good thing and for some people it can be a bad thing because they want their Saturday mail. I wouldn't support this idea. I think that instead of cutting back on the mail you should try to cut back on other areas that they think are less important than mail. Some people take their mail seriously.
William Majette 3B-I dont think that it is a big problem, but my mom does, because that is two whole days that you wouldnt get mail.
The reason for why i dont think that it is bad idea because if u have to pay a bill, u can pay it online. Ive seen and heard many commercials now where you can pay bills online. I support this plan b/c im all about saving money.
I dont think it would be a big deal. My mother gets most of her mail from the post office instead of our mailbox outside our house. I think people can get there mail other ways instead of a mailbox. Not everybody have mailboxes so they should be fine i think.
Tevin Watford 1-B
Doria Jefferson 4A: I think that it is idiotic because not all cell phones can go across the boarder without a paycard. How will people communicate with other people across the world. For example the people in iraq uses mail to communicate with their families and friends. Even though they use computers also it can also go wrong. My opinion is that they shouldn't drop the post office because we NEED it. Everything shouldn't be ran on electronics because they will give out. Thats why God made man and man made machinery and nature made gas.
Justin Boone 1B
I believe that the new plan is very logical. Technology is taking over society and the businesses and organizations need to keep up. People no longer send paper mail, everything is done electronically. If the post office stops delivering mail on Saturdays I don't think it will become a big problem. Truthfully, I don't think that the post office will be missed once it is completely non-existent.
I Think That That Is Dumb Because It would that A lot Longer For Our Mail To get to us. The idea of it Being sshut down is not a smart idea in my opinion.!
-Eric Datcher Jr.
Period 2A
I think this is bad because some people could be waiting on something important in the mail on satuday mornings like tax refund money and important notices. But it could be also a good thing thing for people that work for post offices. They could actually have their weekends off and sleep the day away and also spend time with their families.
Rikieshia Brown
Period 1A
I not for or against this but I do know that not everyone is about to drive to there local post office and not everyone has the internet.There mail box is really the only way for them to get things like checks and bills.
I think that this is a terrible idea because for one how our we going to get our packages that maybe family members can send to us. Or if im in college on the other side of the country how can my parents send money. I think this is a bad idea if you ask me
Oh H3!! no if they cut off the mail im kirkin out worse than im doing on this blog.Mrs.Reynolds do you know the delight of getting mail especially on saturdays after coming home from a walk oor hanging out with friends?The mail people re the most kind people I see everyday they put the mail in my mailbox with a smile on their face.
uys know the U.S. is actually the richest country i the world.
See I know who's behind this the "Illumi****" is if I say their whole name I would get killed so anyway did you guys know the U.S. is actually the richest country in the world.They lie to you on the radio and television like there isn't any money but i'll tell you what if they cut the mail somebody is getting cut.They cut me i cut them.Jesus says if someone hits you turn the other cheek he just forgot to mention you can hit them back harder and knock them out.
I had enough of this goodnight every body oh yeah RIP Troy Davis
I think this is a horrible idea. Because not only is it benefiting there retirement but it is helping people to. Without the US.Postal Services how are people going to pay there bills or mail letters. I know now most people dont even use the postal services but for some people it is really important. For instance like the people fighting for our country they use the postal services to mail letters to there families and there families use the postal services to send them goods and food and etc. So yes I think this is a bad idea.
Maya Robinson
4A
I don't think it would help because the mail is our only way of Gettin things around the world. Even though people order stuff online you still need a post office to get it from.
Deche' Neal
This is a bad idea because it would comeplete handicap people that dont have computers. Not everyone has one so the only way you can keep in touch is though the postal systeme.Besides how would people letters in the army? Im sorry but i just think its somthing that we wont appreicate untill its gone.
This is a bad idea because it would comeplete handicap people that dont have computers. Not everyone has one so the only way you can keep in touch is though the postal systeme.Besides how would people letters in the army? Im sorry but i just think its somthing that we wont appreicate untill its gone.
P.S. "i forgot 2 put my name.
- Dorian Womble 1A
i believe that the idea of no longer recieving mail in your mailbox is a good thing because your mail being in a post office box is safer. If your mail is in a po box you need a key to open your box so you are the only one who can get to your mail. On the other hand if you recieve your mail in your home mail box your mail is just sitting thier for the public to get to so if they see like a bank envelope in the mail they can take your mail and steal your identity.
David Barr Period 2a
I agree with the mail not being delivered on saturday because my mom pays all her bills online. It saves tax payers dollars. Other federal and state employies normallly work a certain amount of hours during the week with the weekends and federal holidays off. therefore the postal workers will get the same benefit. By Darrell Coleman 2A
This would be the dumbest think I have ever heard . Like Sofia said the troops aren't coming home anytime and they use the mail to comunicate with family . If we didn't have mail there couldn't be away for the troops to get in touch when a soilder died . Why take out something that is needed for America to function .
Marquis Anbaz 2B
While I don't feel we need to receieve mail as frequently as we do, this plan to cut portions of the program is absurd. Cutting $20 billion dollars over the next few years (not even an exact number of years) is not a big difference. We spend nearly $700 billion dollars a year overseas fighting a "war" that noone wants to fight. Over five years that would save this country over 3.5 trillion dollars. President Obama and his administration are so afraid to put their feet down and make a hard, concrete decision that their making irrelevant cuts that won't have any effect on our budget over even the next ten years. Want to save your popularity toll while saving this country trillions? Bring the troops home.
I really think that they should think this through before just dropping the USPS because they have been serving people for however long they been in business and the people need and want their mail. They should develop a financial plan for when/if they get shut down to bring them right back into business.
Adam Pinkney 4A
I think this is be the most idiotic idea ever thought of. USPS has been around forever. Some people actually still use it to communicate with their families that are far away.
Donyah Bunn 4a
I think this can hurt and help us. Because we need to still communicate through mail, we cannot relay on the internet. But the budget cuts can help us for other things that we need to pay for.
Nace Denton-Hurst
4A
I think it is insipid to eradicate something so useful. The USPS has benefited many people for decades. I agree with Obama trying to save the postal service because without it how would families "internet deprived" communicate. Not everyone in the world has internet accessibility. I think the loss of the USPS will be detrimental to people all over the US.
Taking these extreme measures in hopes of solving this problem will do nothing more than create new severe problems. Post offices play a tremendous role in communication which is very important in our country. Though some people use social networking or cell phones, many others are not as fortunate and do not have access to that so mail is their sole source of communicating to others such as family members.Even people in the military rely on mail that is their only way of contacting family member is by mail. I would not support this plan in any way. Communication in the U.S would never be the same. Budget cuts from other nonessential departments should be arranged in order prevent this illogical resloution
Breanna Brown 1B
I think this would help the Postal Service industry....thing. Especially since they're cutting out all of the unnecessary actions they do, like weekend delivery. I support this plan mainly because I'd like to have more than one way to get college acceptance letters, and not put the Postal Service into even more debt and not get more letters.
:Hunter Howard 1B:
I agree in a way that we don’t need to receive mail as frequently as we do, this idea to cut portions of the program is illogical. Cutting $20 billion dollars over the next few years is not going to be a very big difference and by saying few years is not an exact estimate. We spend nearly$700 billion dollars a year overseas fighting a use-less and non-beneficial “war” that our troops don’t even want to fight in. Over five years that would save this country over 3.5 trillion dollars. President Obama and his administration need to put their feet down grow some berries and make them hard, concrete decision that their making extraneous cuts that won't have any effect on our budget over even the next ten years.
I Do Agree we are spending unnecessary and useless money on things that are actually hurting use more then we know it such all these useless wars we’ve been having like what? And Why? Are you fighting like it’s nothing that is beneficial to us at the moment so why are we doing it because it’s killing our wallets and also all the money were spending on financial help (welfare,foodstamps,selction8 , and etc) about 70% don’t even get back on their own two feet and found a job part of the reason why is because why would you if your getting free money every month and don’t have to work a dime, this is really hurting your money issues/crisis. Yeah Like Christian said if you want to save this country trillions? Bring the troops Back home.
Marques Malone 4A
I think this would be a bad idea. Millions of people rely on the mail. Without it a lot of business wouldnt function correctly.
i would leave the ups system the same because i think the ups is doing a wonderful job during the shipment an its worth the payment an the prices to because ups work hard,but it would be better if the amount of time its being delivered when you wanted it too instead of you waiting on them hours if they are getting payed extra when they actively come when you want them to,but that would only change if they change the way their system work. horace.w
I can see how this plan could be beneficial to a certain extent, but i dont believe it will solve the whole problem. Just cutting out one day of business will in no way save up enough money to contiue running the many thousands of postal offices in America. The only way to do this is by shutting down whole offices which will cause alot of men and women to be out of work. So in my opinion this is a lose, lose situation
Julius Bradley 1a
I believe that cutting the days for the week would help the mailing situation. Cutting the days down to 5 days in my opinion would help the situation drastically. Cutting peoples pay may affect people but if they did not take these precautions then the posting business would be down in a year. Another idea could be getting some volunteers instead of having so many workers because many people are always looking for volunteer work for applying to a place of business for experience. I do not support this decision because people need money to help their families. I believe they should come up with an alternative. They may help the situation but it would cost people their jobs.
Tariq Abdullah 2A
Post a Comment