Since 9/11 there have been a lot of new policies enacted to promote saftey in air travel. There are laws regarding what you can bring on the plane, what you can pack in your bags, and new types of scans and searches. It is even printed on your ticket that you should arrive up to 2 hours before your flight in order to accomodate security delays. For some groups, the security screening is even more of a hassle. Stereotyping and racism have cause many Muslims to avoid traveling by plane at any cost:
TSA Stereotyping?
Do you guys think that this type of stereotyping happens outside of the airports as well? Is this something that society should address and try to correct or is it just something that Muslims need to accept and deal with? What are ways that society could address this type of profiling if we wanted to?
37 comments:
Those laws mentioned above are just implemented to trick people into allowing the TSA to molest them.The government caused 9/11 is what I think.I have sympathy for the families of those who were lost on 9/11 but I understand why the terrorist attack the government.The fake leaders are posers they are liars.My parents are watching Mr.Osama now on TV telling them what needs to happen but won't do a **** thing.Obama-Osama is following right in Bush's footsteps.The stimulus package didn't work it was fake money.Im black and part asian.So i'm glad my people are coming over here and running the United States.The people that are already here don't even know how to control **** so people somewhere else are over here running it for them.Obama-Osama can get on TV all he wants.Ima just tell my parents straight "talk to me when he does these things I don't care if he's black or not.Blacks still arent free from slavery weve been bull*****ed on for the past 300 years.The same mindset i have is why people become terrorists.
William Majette 3B- I think that this type of racism happens everywhere, because people see muslims with turbans on they automatically think about Osama Bin Laden and 9/11. I dont think that society can correct this because the majority of the people in Amereica think that Muslims are terrorist.
I think it is not fair to Muslims at all because yes 9/11 was horrible but not every Muslim committed that crime. So why is the government taking it out on them. I do think that the same thing goes on in society today too. People often stereotype Muslims and other races based on past events. I think that everyone deserves thier chance to be them but If the world continues to stereotype people them people will not have that oppurtunity anymore.
Deche' Neal
#DonaldMoore #Period3b Well i Think Most Of SteroTypes Happens IN & OUT ON AIRPORT PROPERTY'S Because Most AfricanAmerican Or Asains Have Drugs Or Weapons Of Such, So Airport Security Pay Attention Too Those Types Of Stero
Ashanti Walcott 1/A
Yes, I'm sure that there is stereotyping and racism outside of airports. I feel that, yes it is unfair to Muslims in this situation, but it may change over time. Yes, Muslims should not accept this stereotyping in airports, but for now it may not change because of 9/11. People often stereotype all races based on events that were committed by people from their race, which is unfair because if one person from your race does something bad that dosen't mean that everyone from your race will do the same. Everyone is their own individual.
There will always be sterotypes about other races or religons.The fact is that no matter what happens people always feel the need to put the blame on someone else in times of crisis or suffering.Just as people started hating any race from the Middle East after 9/11 happend.
I think there is sterotypes outside the airport as well. But thts something every religion and race have to deal with.Now yes its wrong and im not saying its right but sadly its its apart of life nd its not always funny.In this case though I think that reason these airports do it becuse their just a bit afraid of the same thing happening twice.
- Dorian Womble 1A
Andre Lowery 4A I do think that people stereotype others often. Not only Muslims but African Americans, and Asians aswell. Although I do think that society should try and do something about this issue, people are always going to view each other in a certain way no matter what the government does.
1. Do you guys think that this type of stereotyping happens outside of the airports as well?
Yes I Do think that this stereotyping happens outside the airports because people is still having racism and also if your a Muslim or Another ethnic other than White or Black, People always assume that your a terrorist or something.
2. Is this something that society should address and try to correct or is it just something that Muslims need to accept and deal with?
I think that the society should address this and try to correct it because All this judging and racism has to stop and let it everybody come together and make the United States a Better Place.
3. What are ways that society could address this type of profiling if we wanted to?
Society could address this by talking to the Muslims and try to get to know them because not all of them is mean and automatically terrorist- Juwan Reese 1b
I do think there is sterotypes outside of the airports,people is still going to view each other whether your african american white spanish etc. but I do think that airports is taking good care of checking people in the airways because now you never know who is going to cause another attack!
This type of stereotyping happes everywhere from the airports to the bus stops. I personally think that this problem should be addressed by society. I think this cause in reallity anybody can be a terrorist, spending soo much time thinking all Middle Easterns are terrorist when the real terrorist can be an any person of any nationality. We can group all the Middle easterns and have a discussion about why Americans think that Middle Easterns are terrorist.
Charles Bridgeforth 4A
1. Do you guys think that this type of stereotyping happens outside of the airports as well?
Yes I Do think that this stereotyping happens outside the airports because people is still having racism and also if your a Muslim or Another ethnic other than White or Black, People always assume that your a terrorist or something. I feel that, yes it is unfair to Muslims in this situation, but it may change over time. For example just as if a group of black people walking in a store at the same time they automatically assume that they are going to rob the place or the keep an close eye on them.
2. Is this something that society should address and try to correct or is it just something that Muslims need to accept and deal with?
I think that the society should address this and try to correct it because All this judging and racism has to stop and just let everybody come together and make the United States a Better Place.But i think for the mean time this is not really going to change quickly because of the suspicion that they have now because they do not want another thing like 9/11 to happen again. but I do think that airports is taking good care of checking people in the airways because now you never know who is going to cause another attack!
3. What are ways that society could address this type of profiling if we wanted to?
I really don't know how society could have addressed this because at the same time I think that reason these airports do it becuse their just a bit afraid of the same thing happening twice and knowing they could have stopped the person before but was not paying attention. But Society could address this by talking to the Muslims and trying to get to know them before automatically labeling them as terrorist. But just because you talk to a person does not make them not a target because you don't know who is behind and who could be the so called "terrorist".
Maurice Nicholson 3B
Not to be a sterotype but after the 9/11 attacks i was scared and when i go to a airport i see muslims and they could be terrorist or very good people but i don't know who they really are. i wouldn't blame muslims on everything but people should be more respect.
I think that their will be stereotyping outside of the airlines because Muslims have made a bad name for themselves since 9/11. You really can't trust everybody but we as Americans should give them a chance to redeem themselves.
Adam Pinkney 4A
I feel that the airports Should keep the safety policies, because we never know when another terrorist attack may take place. COME ON NOW IT IS THE WEEKEND OF 9/11! And its the 10th Anniversary, so we may be in danger. Stereotyping does happen outside of the airports, because people of different nationalities and/or religions still treat people wrong. Stereotyping happens on a daily basis, wherever we go, whether if its stores, restaurants & etc. Nothing is different!
I think that nobody has to tolerate racism for any reason. Thats why there were laws ending slavery, segregation as well as racism. Even though racism still exist, doesn't mean we have accept that, but sadly we do and gives other people the mindset that its ok to continue this behavior. Muslims shouldn't have to accept any stereotype behavior, especially if it prevents them from traveling. It is understandable that the United states are taking the "necessary precautions, but it shouldn't make any person feel uncomfortable nor badgered based on your looks. Whose is to say that a caucasian,or a black or chinese woman or man will lead an attack. We wont know if we are still worrying about that Muslim family that is just trying visit their parents.
i think that stereotype happens outside of the airports also because you have people taking about different religons how they do this and that but dont really understand them. Muslims shoudlnt hahve to go through that just because they think there going to attack the us again.
Deaunte Watson
4A
I think that this kind of stereotype happens outside of airports too. Some people even think that if they see a Muslim close by something bad is going to happen.They shouldn't accept this,a race or religion shouldn't be judged because people of there kind did something wrong.I have family members who are Muslims and i think they shouldn't be treated like this.I understand if the airport may be more cautious or afraid that Muslims are there but some of them are Americans. Cainan Garrison 1A
No matter where you go you are going to be judged and/or put into a category, so i would have to say that these stereotypes are not only in airports. For example, A stereotype of a black person may be that there all "ghetto." This is not true, and is racist. I think airports should stop being so judgmental and racist. I understand that it is for our safety but just because of the events from 9/11 don't mean that every Muslim is the same. I think that if there going to have rules in an airport then, they should be the same for every ethnic group and not make it harder for Muslims because of Osama.
-Jada Young 2B
I agree with Juan because i do think that stereotyping happens outside of the airport because, for example some people say black people always love chicken but that's not true because my brother is black and he hates chicken. And some people say all white people are rich but that's also not true because Mr.Reynolds said "He was poor hell."
I do think that society should address it because no one should have to deal with being stereotyped because someone could take offense to it and I don't thinks its fair for someone to be wrongly spoken about.
Emmanuel Williams 3B
Mrs.Reynolds sorry but i did not put my name on m post again but the post above this one is mine and the reason it late is because my mom is also in school and my computer access is extremely limited.
I think that sterotyping happens outside of the airport, because people think that black people can't talk proper and that all indians have a red dot on their head. Also, they can address this by pulling out all different races out of line to check them, instead of just pulling out muslims.
Ajani Bryant 1A
Doria Ashanti 4A: I think that stereotyping is wrong period. It shouldn't happen and it shouldn't even be here after the civil rights movement. Just because somebody is muslim it doesn't make them a terrorist. One how is a muslim supposed to look like because their is muslims in our school and they don't do all that stuff. Just because somebody has a long beard or wear something on their head doesn't make them a muslim. Yes, it's good that their watching out for america but they should notice that they are doing more harm then good. Just like the story about that little girl having to get stripped search because the alarm had went off. Their degrading peoples personal rights
i believe that the goverment is trying to help build a better nation. This way we wont repeat the 9/11 crisis and we lose hundres of people in the process. I'm with the government 100%.
Terrell Proctor
Period: 2A
I believe that many people believe that every muslim is a terrorist so they try to stay away from them. Muslims should try to talk to the government because I believe that not every muslim is a terrorist but because of stereotyping others might think otherwise so the government is doin the right thing
Terrell Proctor
2A
yes i think stereotyping happens in airport.Especially with Muslims they think all Muslims are terrorist.
Yes , this is a form of stereotyping . Muslims should have the same treatment as everyone else despite the 9/11 attack . It was one attack , formed by a group of people ; not all Muslims are the same . You cant treat them differently because of what happened 10 years ago. I do think that there should be extra protection and laws that protect the airports and citizens but i do not believe that one group should be stereotyped .
the sterotype that muslims are the only terroristis not true but all th terrorist who cause major damagd to the u.s is forgien muslims so everyone of thier religion should try to do what thier religion promotes and that is peace that way there will be no more mass destruction to the U.S
KEVIN HOLSTON 2B
i think this goes on outside the airport as well because people are scared of it happening agin too and while they are traveling so everyone is going to be talking about it as well as on the plane and in airports.muslims just need to accept that they are terrorist because most of them are and they are always trying to destroy something or kill americans or innocent people and alot of them or terrorist. if 9/11 would of never happend then we wouldent call all muslims terrorist.
Marques Malone
I think that stereotyping happens everywhere. People will always have an opinion about you before you speak. However, since the past terrorist have been muslims i think the security is just taking more precaution.
The type of stereotyping spoken about in the above article unfortunately happens in alot of places. It happens mostly as a form of jokes or comedy in my opinion. I find it very insensitive to label everyone in a certainn group specifically based on one event. Yes the event may have been horrifying but that doesnt give people the right to define all people who look muslin or who have names that sound muslim as terrorists. Unfortunately due to the fact that there really isnt a way to identify terrorists people have become suspicious of all people of muslim decent. I can only say that it would be nice if this problem didnt exist but as for a solution i can make no reccomendation.
Yes i do think this stereotyping does happen outside of airports especially since 9/11.I don't think Muslims should have to deal with it but with our freedom of speech the government can not tell us not to voice our opinions. society does however need to speak up and state that this type of profiling is not right. society could hold rally's and protest against this profiling and show the the wrongs of treating people like this.
Yes I do think stereotyping happens outside of airports. I think it happens everywhere in the world. Yes i do think this issue needs to be address by the society because not every body is the same. Just because Muslims terrorist did it an Jewish man can do the same. So i think its unfair to the Muslims. I Have No ways to solve this problem because people is still going to do what they want.
Taylor Bynum 1A
I think this kind of racism happens anywhere Muslims go. People are too paranoid when something happens involving one person and they start blaming the whole group of people for one persons bad choice. I think society should address this issue because Muslims do not deserve to be treated this way just for what one guy did that was a part of there religion. Society could just leave the Muslims alone unless they ALL try to do something as a group.
Brian Crouse 1B
#DonaldMoore #Period4a
I Honestly Think That This Type Of Actions Happenes Outside Of The School. And I Feel That Society Should Adress It
Post a Comment