Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Monday, September 12, 2011

Is Obama a Wimp??

Some of you may recall that when Obama ran for president one of his platforms was to strengthen the relationship between the Democrats and the Republicans and urge them to work together more. This article claims that his plan has backfired and that now, in all of his efforts to try to compromise with the Republicans, he has come out looking like a weak pushover!



Is Obama a Wimp??

What do you guys think? Is he becoming a push over or is he doing a good job compromising? Should he change any of his tactics now that he is running for re-election? If so, what do you think he needs to do to win again. Do you want him to win again or do you have your eye on another candidate for 2012??

53 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that Obama Is A Push Over. It Takes a lot to be president and everything Obama may have said during elections he may not have had the time to get everything done. Getting both groups that have different beliefs together as one is not a easy task. He had to consider the fact that if we did come together we would always bump heads because of our separate beliefs. I do want Obama to win because what he has done so far is great and it has proven to me that he is able to run a country !

Deche' Neal

Anonymous said...

No i don't think that Obama is a push over. no he shouldn't change any of his tactics since he is being re-elected. I say this because it takes time to accomplish things. Then he has all this other drama going on in the world he cant ever get anything done that he says he is going to get done. Yes i do want Obama to win again because i believe that he can do better than what he is doing now.
Diamond Nicholas 2b

Anonymous said...

Lyric Freeman Period:2A I Think Obama Is Doing a Good Job And People Need Too Be Quiet And Let Him Do His Job He Doing All That He Can And Until Their President They Wont Really Understand What He Truly Goes Through And The Pressure That's Put On Him Everyday Running The Country Is a Big Duty I Know He Stays Stressed Out And I Know It's A lot Of Hard Decisions That He Has To Make. But Yes Of Course I Would Say I Want Our Black President To Stay In The Office Or Be Re-elected He Is Doing a Way More Better Job Then Bush That's For Sure And When Bush Was In Office You Didn't Hear People Complaining As Much.

Anonymous said...

Obama is not a wimp for wanting a compromise between democrats and republicans. If anything, this whole scenerio should be seen as bravery on Obama's part. As far as I know, no other president has even attempted this compromise untill now. So why should he be viewed as "wimp"? As for him being re-elected,depending on whos running of coures,I think that Obama should stay president.
Kevin Banks 1B

ChristianJohnson2BContinued said...

It's about time you posted an article like this. President Obama is a pure pushover, first he promises to tax the wealthier 1 (then 2) percent of this country. Then he gives in to Republicans and taxes the federal workers further who primarily make up the middle class. Obama gives in to every Republican demand and is so worried about getting a bad comment on him that he won't put his foot down on any decision he makes. Obama also promised to bring the troops home when he actually deployed more than we he arrived in office. We all know politicians lie, but to take it to that extreme and do the exact opposite is despicable. Obama doesn't know what "compromise" means, he however is very familiar with "give in". Sadly though Obama will get back in office because of his excellent speech, (he could sell a dog a leash) however, I won't support him. My support's going to Mitt Romney, or governor Rick Perry.

Anonymous said...

Obama is not a wimp because it takes somebody with a lot of courage to try to compromise with their enemies. I do not think he should change his tactics just because he's seeking re-election, because you can't accomplish anything in office without the help of the republicans (especially since they outnumber the democrats). I think he needs to work on fixing the economy to win again, and i want him to win re-election so that he can finish the job that he started.
Ajani Bryant 1A

Anonymous said...

This man has more against him than any president since Lincoln. He came into office during one of the most drastic and crucial periods of American economy. He's the first African-American to make it to a political office this high up. He has fought to pass every possible bill he believes could be beneficial even when everyone was against him. Barack Obama is far from a wimp. Much like most politicians he made promises to make his way in. However who is to say he hasn't made the effort at least to fulfill these promises? For once someone has the right mind to think "Hey maybe if we all worked together on this we could get something done." and compromise and people believe he is a wimp for it. Majority of voters in the U.S are ignorant to the true nature of the issues the world faces and vote based on qualities petty in comparison. If you ask me, to be able to build up the courage for a last resort such as attempting to compromise, which is one of the hardest things anyone can do, is one of the bravest moves I have ever seen in politics. Come on a little stronger and keep pushing and he definitely has my support.

Ayinde Michael
1A

Anonymous said...

I believe that as a black man and first black man to become president Obama has faught for his country and what he truly believes in. He and his wife First Lady Michelle Obama has been a great success in our lives and they've been devoted to thier country. Of course i think Obama should Be Re-Elected. I love the fact that Obama feels he would do anything in his power to keep us safe and try and make a difference in passing new laws. In order for him to win again he should show America the reason we elected him the first time.


Karisa Johnson
Period 4A .

Anonymous said...

I think President Obama is doing a good job compromising. From what we can see, the Republicans are against almost anything he does or wants to do. No matter what he does, he can't make everyone happy.

Jordan D. 1B

Pico Cross said...

Im pretty sure obama's not a whip. He's doing the best he can to get the bill pasted. He has promises to fulfill.

Kelly Catama: 2B said...

I think that Obama is trying to compromise with the Republicans to be united & make America a better place! Therefore, he's not a "whip".

Anonymous said...

Obama could never be a wimp he is trying as hard as he can. He could just have changed his mind or something but i would love for him to be re-elected. No doubt about it.

Dierra P. 1A

Anonymous said...

Obama is trying to compromise but everyone has different opinions so that's probably why democrats and republicans are arguing. Truthfully, i believe that he was a good president because the united states has many problems and he can't fix all of them so i believe that he should be a canidate for the 2012 election

Mary Grace Jose
1B

Anonymous said...

Obama was trying to get them to work together but since the democrats and republicans started off with different beliefs, so its understandable his plan backfired. So I personally would vote for Obama again because of how inspiring he is.
Shauntise Banks 2A

Anonymous said...

I want Obama back in office not because e is a black president but because he set out to do what no other president could do. He killed Ben Laden Thats a great achievement. The reason he has done anything eles is becausethese freakin people that don't like him won't see it his way which is best for the people. sometimes I think we should have a dictatorship, but I do like my freedoms so no. But as for that whimp stuff im going to have to say no to that and gooday to you sir!!!!!

Taj Tobin 3B

Khadijah T said...

No I do not think President Obama is a push over he is trying to do the best he can is the Republican was not so stubborn and ignorant and actually listened to what president Obama had to say they would see that he is trying to make the world a better place and FAIR. I just feel that the Republicans are closed minded people and are not even willing to understand where the democratic part is coming from. Its only so much President Obama can do with out a republican voting against him. I would defiantly want to see President Obama back in office
Khadijah T. 1B

Anonymous said...

Yes Obama is a WIMP. He needs to toughin up and stop letting all these republicans run all over him. He is the president of the USA and they should not be telling him what to do. I honestly dont want Obama to run for president agin because I dont want to go through all the disrepct he has been gping through. Even though he did a way better job than any other president . Shoot he killed Osma Bin Laden faster than Bush.

Maya Robinson
4B

Doria Jefferson said...

Obama is a wimp but people are putting to much on him. Bush destroyed the economy in 8years so they think Obama is going to fix it in 4years. Yes Obama need to put his foot down and stop trying to make everybody like him and be happy. He cares more about societies opinion and brushes aside his own. I also think he deserves to get another chance because he is right there he just need help and have to stop and think about what he is doing. Because he already know what problems we have and how they can be solved he just dont know how to solve them.

Anonymous said...

I don't think Obama is a pushover. It's gonna take him sometime to bring our economy back, ever since Bush messed it all up. So I don't see why people are getting so worked up and mad at him for. Plus, I think he is doing a awesome job trying to bring democrats and republicans together. They are so divided, their forgetting whats wrong with our economy. He is right we need to start working together. If I could, I would vote for him in re-election!

Deyonna Butts
Pd:3B

Juwan301 said...

1. Is he becoming a push over or is he doing a good job compromising?
I feel that Obama is doing his job its just that its going to take time to fix this because of how Bush left it all messed. Obama is trying atleast to fix it and that's a good thing. I have faith in him and he shall try his best to fix this economy and the Stop the war.

2. Should he change any of his tactics now that he is running for re-election?
I Feel that he shouldn't change his tactics because everyone knows that he is trying his best and everyone should know that its going to take time,to fix and they wont have no other of they not reelect him in again so that he can make this world a better place

3. Do you want him to win again or do you have your eye on another candidate for 2012??
I Want Obama to win again because i fell like he puts us in the best position to help the U.S Out and make this economy better.

Obama is the first black president and i have faith that he will help this economy and make the U.S a better place, it just takes time-Juwan Reese 1b

Anonymous said...

Michael West 4A, I don't think obama is a wimp because he is trying to make our country better. The republicans make him look bad because they say to everything he says because he is on the other side . He is smart and president got a reason and he is trying to do his job to make the country better

Marquis anbaz 2B said...

Obama is not a wimp because He wants peace . I mean who wouldn't want peace in the USA it would be some needed change because we are not known as a peaceful country . If you think about it we should be glad Obama wants to be peaceful because if our gov. wasnt peaceful they couldn't run this country .

Anonymous said...

I dont think Obama is be a push over. I just think that he is trying to keep his word.Because if he didnt people would that aginst him as well. People now a days are very ficle and dont know what they want, much like childeren. How come Bush didnt get this much grief?
- Dorian Womble 1A

CraigSimon2012 said...

Obama a pushover? Nah no where near. Obama is being smart cause he realizes this country does better when working as one instead of working as two (if you catch what im saying). In my opinion people have been against Obama from the start. Im talking about serious fake people in his office. So no he shouldnt change his game plan he just needs more support in his decisions.

Pretty.Boy.Millionaire☆ said...

I don't think that Obama Is a Push Over. This man has more against him than any president since Lincoln. He came into office during one of the most drastic and crucial periods of American economy. He's the first African-American to make it to a political office this high up. He has fought to pass every possible bill he believes could be beneficial even when everyone was against him. Barack Obama is far from a wimp I can say a word that would best describe him would be a hero or aggressor. It takes a lot to be president and everything Obama may have said during elections he may not have had the all the time world to get everything done only (4) YEARS. Getting both groups that have different beliefs together as one is not an easy task. He had to consider the fact that if we did come together we would always bump heads because of our separate beliefs makes for a debate on a simple answer. I do want Obama to win because what he has done so far is great and it has proven to me that he is able to run a country!
He's the first African-American to make it to a political office this high up. He has fought to pass every possible bill he believes could be beneficial even when everyone was against him. Barack Obama is far from a wimp. Much like most politicians he made promises to make his way in. Majority of voters in the U.S are ignorant to the true nature of the issues the world faces and vote based on qualities petty in comparison. If you ask me, to be able to build up the courage for a last resort such as attempting to compromise, which is one of the hardest things anyone can do, is one of the bravest moves I have ever seen in politics. Come on a little stronger and keep pushing and he definitely has my support. However who is to say he hasn't made the effort at least to fulfill these promises? For once someone has the right mind to think "Hey maybe if we all worked together on this we could get something done." and compromise and people believe he is a wimp for it. Trying to get these two totally different parties to unite and come together as one is like trying get a cat and a dog to be friendly to each other or like it was trying to influence the whites to come together as one with the other races Black, Spanish etc., and be a united nation some of did not want to do as so. I believe that congress is mad that such a wonderful BLACK president as Obama is making and coming up with this good tact-tats and trying to pass all these laws rules that they don’t want him to seem as a hero of the nation. So to me they don’t pass all the good things Obama present to them. If they want to call somebody a Wimp THEIR THE WIMP! Don’t criticize a man that is actually helping and doing things for the country to make us a better united nation, if they can’t even have the kahunas to run for president their self and actually do something if they so called “Want to help us become better”

Amber Hackley 1B said...

i think in some cases Obama Has becoming a push over but hes also trying his best. He inherited alot from bush and it takes time to fix things.
I think he needs to focus less about uniting the houses and more on the economy.I'm not sure who the other candidates are but i think he doesn't have much to worry about because he is showing the initiative for improvement un-like the president before him.

Anonymous said...

I think president obama is trying to make this country better in working together and if he gets the democrats and republicans to come together the will help this country succed in a better economy diangelo ross 4a

Anonymous said...

No I do not think Obama is becoming an pushover. I think his whole purpose of compromising is to bring the country together as one, so that we can all can work together. I don't really watch politics so I wouldn't know whether he should run again.

Taylor Bynum 1A

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, Obama is not a wimp nor a pushover. People think that because he is president that he should meet everyone's needs, wants, and demands. I'm sure that when he ran for office, everyone knew that he couldn't every single thing that he promised. I would like him to run for president again because I honestly believe that he trying to make our country better as a whole and he wants nothing but the best for America. He's doing a good job comprising too. When we elected him as President we had faith in him, I don't know why it's starting to change.

-Danyelle Perry

Anonymous said...

In no way,shape, form or fashion is President Obama a wimp or a pushover. I believe he is an intellectual assassin. His approach to strengthen the relationship between democrats and republicans is genius and i'm not sure why other presidents never focused so deeply on the issue. Democrats and republicans are like rivals. America is one country and political parties are supposed to work together and collaborate in hopes of making our country a better place not constantly debating and shooting down each others ideas like enemies. He is doing an outstanding job at compromising and doing what it takes to reach his goal of democratic and republic compliance. I am not sure if changing his tactics would even be a factor simply because people have already developed opinions about him and before he came into office people make accusations and assumptions regarding him. I personally want him to win again. Coming into presidency he had a lot in his back we were already in war and the economy was already suffering thanks to Bush. Its only so much a person can do in a short amount of time. President Obama deserves another term.
-Breanna Brown 1B

Anonymous said...

Obama is not a whimp, however I wouldn't say he's doing a good job compromising but a fair job. In other words, he is a fair compromiser. With the position that he is in as our President compromising with the Republicans and Democrats on certain issues will have to take place in order for a bill to pass and in order for him not to take a biased approach when dealing with the issues of the American people. I also think when Obama compromises with the Republicans that he has back up plan for future issues that may have more precedence later on. By Darrell Coleman 2A

JamaniJohnson929 said...

I think Obama is doing the best he can as president but to me he comes off weak minded because he wants to make both sides of the political party satified when its NOT about them it about the people of the united states of america...

Anonymous said...

no i do not think obama is a wimp i think he should relect his self as president, nobody is probably noticing how good he's doing in the office as president, but hes doing a find job, he's doing everything he promised an making changing, its just the political party thats holding him up because he have to get both sides of what they think should happen,an they want things to go their way when its about america today.


Horace.w

Anonymous said...

No I personally dont feel like he is a wimp, or look as one. Its not his fault that people dont want to work together and compromise for the better of Amreica. Its no one fault but the ones who want everything but to work together and better the world.

-Taurean J.

Anonymous said...

No I personally dont feel like he is a wimp, or look as one. Its not his fault that people dont want to work together and compromise for the better of Amreica. Its no one fault but the ones who want everything but to work together and better the world.

-Taurean Jones 1A

Anonymous said...

I feel calling President Obama a wimp at this point is irrelevant to start becaise the man has had to come into the Office and begin to correct the mistakes that the last president made. So he is now trying to fix some new things that our going on in the country but he cant do that because the republicans in congress are disageeing on what ever he says.The media is just trying to make him look like a wimp to bring up some type of dirt on him before the 2012 elections.

-david barr 2a

Jasmine Myles 2A said...

i dont think obama is a wimp . he has put his life in danger just by running for president . when he became president obama had many death threats , and all though that is so he didn't resign or anything , any black person i know wouldn't have the guts to stay . he is always is being criticized about the things he do , and what he does because of his skin completion , but that just is how things are . i dont think obama should change any of his tactics because if he change things it could make his campaign worst , its a 50/50 chance that whatever tactics he has , the people wont like , and could cause him not to be re-elected . so he should just stick to what he knows .

Anonymous said...

Marcus Lindsay 2a


in my opinion america cant have a president thats a wimp and obama is quiet far from it if he were a true wimp he would not be our president now would he lets all remember he has a giant task at hand and just because his plans have not be forefilled does not mean they wont be during his second term. lets not forget the biggest accomplishment he is the president that did confirm the death of osama bin laden he was the most highest valued target of the united states millitary.

Jackie said...

I don’t think Obama was wrong for wanting to compromise with the two political parties. Making them come together, might have increased the chances of getting things done. Having them argue back and forth prolongs the decision making process, and the decision doesn’t always have both parties agree on it, making the people feel helpless, and confused. This doesn’t make the president a “wimp” nor weak because as a president he is obligated to figure out any possibilities, to figure out the crisis at hand. If he wasn’t trying weed out every possible question then his job wouldn’t be fulfilled.

Anonymous said...

I am personally a fan of Pres. Obama. I have supported him from the beginning and will contiue to support him until the end of his term. He is doing a great job at being the president. People are just criticizing him because it is taking longer than expected to fix what former Pres Bush has screwed up. I believe that if he is re-elected he should try harder not to stoop so low to childish antics from critics.

-Kiah Williams 1A

Anonymous said...

i dont think that president obama is becoming a push over i think he is doing a good job trying to make the two parties work together so they can fix the economy. i think he should change his tatics for the 2012 re-election because if he says the same thing over again they might not re-elect him. to me all presidents lie and what they are going to do to fix the economy. i want him to become president again but i also dont want the president to say things that he wont do.
Charles
3B

Anonymous said...

I don't think Obama is a "wimp" because change takes time and compromises even if it involves Republicans, who are also part of this country as much as anyone else.
Donyah Bunn 4A

Anonymous said...

I think president Obama is trying to impress everyone including the republicans, I wouldn't say he's a wimp or a push over he just is trying to hard to get people to like him, which result to him promising things he can't do. Beings though the economy was practically destroyed by Bush, Obama is trying (I think) to fix it but he is taking on to much at once, maybe if he do win for re-election he might have more time to do the things he promised, however I can't vote anyways but I would Vote for him because I believe he needs more time.

-Jada Young 2B

Lavell Allen Social Issues 1-A said...

Pushover wow really. So now a days your a push over because you want things done. Well honestly i dont think he is a push over. I do think that some Republicans only think for themselves. But hey people are people we are only "HUMAN".Politics is a game of Darwinism. ok ok enough with the opinionistic views. I think Obama is trying his best though people think otherwise. He really has put a foot forward but can not get anything done with a Republican dominated house. I say if he wants to go for re-election he must take a more forceful approach. Now that people know what he is about he can come in stronger and more well-rounded. He will know how the system works. I would vote for Obama in the 2012 election if his platform convinces me yet otherwise i will put my faith in another candidate. He is a good president I just want him to be better than he already is.

Anonymous said...

DeAndre Davis 2A
Honestly I do not think Obama is a wimp it seems to me like he is tired of the seperation between us since we are all living in the same place. He just wants things done here orderly, seeing as though the we the people cannot seem to bare it especially in a house domonated mostly by republicans but hey. I will be theoretically voting for President Obama in this election because of the fact that I know what he can do I mean hey he killed Osama Bin Laden for christ sakes how long did it take to find this man 10 YEARS. Lets be real now we all know what he can do and we all know he is trying hard to make this world a better and more equal place. To win again i think he needs to come a little more aggressive and stronger

Jade said...

I Don't believe Obama is a wimp for wanting both republicans and democrats to work together. I think it is a good idea. He shouldn't have to change his tactic as president so he can win the re elections. I do have a feeling he will not be elected again, but only because of the way people have been judging how he is trying to work on our country. I believe he is doing a good job Trying to clean up the mess that was given.

Jade Ellis
Period 3B

Anonymous said...

I do not beleve our president is a wimp. He has a lot of courage in fact just becoming the 1st African American president. He has done all he can to make this counrty a better place. He compromises with his enemy, and helped those in need. He even got rid of the major threat to the United States Osama Bin Laden. I therefore do not think he is a coward.

Tariq Abdullah 2A

Anonymous said...

I dont think Obama is becoming a push over, I just think he needs to find a better way to compromise between the two parties. He should find some common ground between the the two parties if he hopes to win the next election. I would actually like to see Obama win the election again.

Brian Crouse 1B

Anonymous said...

Brandon rice
I dont tink obama is a push over i think that eveybody thuoght when he was elected that they would get what they wanted.Obama is only one man and i thnk he is doing what he think is right by America alot of people think he can snap his finger and change the world he is not God only the president but yeah i would vote for him if he wanted to be re-elected #teamObama

Anonymous said...

Ashanti Walcott 1/A
I don't think that President Barack Obama is a wimp. The President is just doing his job and trying to compromise and work with his so called enemies. I think that the President has courage and is brave in his situation. President Obama is the first black president, so he has no room to be a push over. Plus, whoever becomes president needs to not be a push over because the people will see them as a weak individual and will not re-elect them. I feel that President Obama may not be re-elected because people feel that he is not doing his job even though he has to clean up the mess that was left behind and fix the economy. Plus, as I said earlier, he is the first black president so people expect a lot more from him. It seems that the people want him to fix everything immediately, which he can not do. From all the damage that has been done it will take time to fix.

Anonymous said...

I really don't think that he is a wimp because he is bring our troops home and accomplishing most of his promises. But I do think that if he wants to be re-elected he should start accomplishing what he says. I don't know who i would vote for because u have to do some thinking and I'm not a thinking person.
^*Paula Ramos 4-A*^

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I personally do not believe that President Barack Obama is a whimp,neither do i believe that Barack is a push over.Yes he stated that he would try to get the democrats and republicans to work together but he can not control no one's but his own,he can only try and i believe he is doing a good job doing so.Yet I do not think that he should change his tactics just because he is running for re-election. On the other hand i do believe that Obama should start making a little more progress on making the promises that he made to his citizens come true,however people must be mindful that he did come into office in the middle of someone else's mess. In the mean time i do want President Barack Obama should win the up coming election in 2012.



Ebony Thornton
2A