Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/
Monday, September 5, 2011
4 Day Weeks??
As you know, all around the country people are trying to find ways to save money during these tougher times. How do you think this would work? Could it work for schools too? How would it save us money? How could it hurt us?
Will since their are x amount of days we go to school I think we would have to go to school year round with short breaks in between, I do think this could work for schools, it would probably save the schools money from shutting down the buildings and to kids forget stuff over summer, people like to go on extended stay vacations over summer break but they could not with this.... Joshua Williams 2A
Lyric Freeman 2A This Is For The 4 Day Weeks I Think Cutting the days down for schools seems good for the kids because hey we have a longer weekend but the disadvantage of this situation is that we learn less and if they cut the days down i feel that some kids really wont take school serious an advantage is the yes there is less money being used which would be a good thing because the us is really poor now but my opinion is that yes they should cut the days down because i dont like school but i go because i want to be something instead of being a dumb loser so i think they should but shouldnt cut it down it's like a 50/50 for me
I think a four day work week sounds good but i dont think it would be as benificial for schools. I think it would be inconveint for schools to use a four day schedule. I agree it would be nice to have an extra day off from school. But in the long run we would probably have to either have a longer school day which i am sure no one would enjoy or as a second option school would go in through summer to make up for the days we loose. So while i think it could work for job purposes i dont think it would be wise for schools to run on the same schedule.
It saves the people money on gas or public transportation to get to and from work for the fifth day. Could it work for school's too? It depends on the age of the child, because the younger you are the longer you need breaks in between work. If you take a middle school and force them to learn 10 hours, 4 days a week, I believe that they will be unfocused on the second, third, and fourth day of the week, because they havent had time to rest/sleep the night before. Going back to the 10 hour days for work, my mom requested it for her job already. She doesnt think that the idea is great, and doesnt see any possible problem.
I think it's good to work on weekends! I mean, the fact that money is tight now-a-days, most people that are struggling need something like this! it also saves money when you don't have alot of school days. the only con about working on the weekends [especially if you have school on weekdays] is that it'll take up alot of energy from you, for those who do extra stuff at school too! like sports, clubs, & TONS OF HOMEWORK.
I think its a good idea but it probaly be a bad idea because you have to consider schools. They took make up for missed scool days they would have to make school all year round and that cost alot of money.So the plan sounds good but I dont think it will work - Dorian Womble 1A
I think this will work fine. They could just give use Friday off. It can definitely work for schools.it can give students more time to do homework assignments.it can save us a lot of money.Teachers will only get paid for 4 days. I do not think this can hurt us. I cant find a negative. Marquis Credle 1A
Whoa there Marquis! Teachers would still get paid the same, we'd be working/going to school the same number of hours, we would just make Mon-Thurs longer. Don't you dare cut my pay ;)
Going to school 4 days a week , will save money , longer weekends but also we will learn less and be in school longer . Do you really wanna be in school longer and go to school year round just for a couple of bucks ?
I think I work enough and that everyone needs a break. the weekend is our only time in lfe to play catch up really i think school would obviously finish fatser but that it would make life soo chaotic. because there would be no time to plan prepare and organize. I think we need the time and plus the bible say the sabath day is holy it is our day theat Jesus said to set aside and rest.
I think a 4 day week is a good idea beacause it gives people more time to relax and will reduce stress which will also reduce deaths from over stressing your job. It would also work for schools because it would give students more time to relax and do homework. It could save us money by reducing the traveling needed for all 5 days in the week. It could hurt us by start making people more lazy and not wanting to do anything at all.
I think 4 day weeks are an great idea. You can relax for an extra day because our weekend is that long any way. And in that way teachers can have more time to there selves and relax there work load off on the weekend. Then maybe kids would do there homework more because they have an extra day off of school. You could just make school an little bit longer. Rayven Jones
13 comments:
Will since their are x amount of days we go to school I think we would have to go to school year round with short breaks in between, I do think this could work for schools, it would probably save the schools money from shutting down the buildings and to kids forget stuff over summer, people like to go on extended stay vacations over summer break but they could not with this.... Joshua Williams 2A
Lyric Freeman 2A This Is For The 4 Day Weeks I Think Cutting the days down for schools seems good for the kids because hey we have a longer weekend but the disadvantage of this situation is that we learn less and if they cut the days down i feel that some kids really wont take school serious an advantage is the yes there is less money being used which would be a good thing because the us is really poor now but my opinion is that yes they should cut the days down because i dont like school but i go because i want to be something instead of being a dumb loser so i think they should but shouldnt cut it down it's like a 50/50 for me
I think 4 day weeks are great. less school?? ive been wishing for this all my life. ijust hope they dont make the school day longer
marquis wright
period 2a
I think a four day work week sounds good but i dont think it would be as benificial for schools. I think it would be inconveint for schools to use a four day schedule. I agree it would be nice to have an extra day off from school. But in the long run we would probably have to either have a longer school day which i am sure no one would enjoy or as a second option school would go in through summer to make up for the days we loose. So while i think it could work for job purposes i dont think it would be wise for schools to run on the same schedule.
It saves the people money on gas or public transportation to get to and from work for the fifth day. Could it work for school's too? It depends on the age of the child, because the younger you are the longer you need breaks in between work. If you take a middle school and force them to learn 10 hours, 4 days a week, I believe that they will be unfocused on the second, third, and fourth day of the week, because they havent had time to rest/sleep the night before. Going back to the 10 hour days for work, my mom requested it for her job already. She doesnt think that the idea is great, and doesnt see any possible problem.
I think it's good to work on weekends! I mean, the fact that money is tight now-a-days, most people that are struggling need something like this! it also saves money when you don't have alot of school days. the only con about working on the weekends [especially if you have school on weekdays] is that it'll take up alot of energy from you, for those who do extra stuff at school too! like sports, clubs, & TONS OF HOMEWORK.
I think its a good idea but it probaly be a bad idea because you have to consider schools. They took make up for missed scool days they would have to make school all year round and that cost alot of money.So the plan sounds good but I dont think it will work
- Dorian Womble 1A
I think this will work fine. They could just give use Friday off. It can definitely work for schools.it can give students more time to do homework assignments.it can save us a lot of money.Teachers will only get paid for 4 days. I do not think this can hurt us. I cant find a negative. Marquis Credle 1A
Whoa there Marquis! Teachers would still get paid the same, we'd be working/going to school the same number of hours, we would just make Mon-Thurs longer. Don't you dare cut my pay ;)
Going to school 4 days a week , will save money , longer weekends but also we will learn less and be in school longer . Do you really wanna be in school longer and go to school year round just for a couple of bucks ?
I think I work enough and that everyone needs a break. the weekend is our only time in lfe to play catch up really i think school would obviously finish fatser but that it would make life soo chaotic. because there would be no time to plan prepare and organize. I think we need the time and plus the bible say the sabath day is holy it is our day theat Jesus said to set aside and rest.
I think a 4 day week is a good idea beacause it gives people more time to relax and will reduce stress which will also reduce deaths from over stressing your job. It would also work for schools because it would give students more time to relax and do homework. It could save us money by reducing the traveling needed for all 5 days in the week. It could hurt us by start making people more lazy and not wanting to do anything at all.
Brian Crouse 1B
I think 4 day weeks are an great idea. You can relax for an extra day because our weekend is that long any way. And in that way teachers can have more time to there selves and relax there work load off on the weekend. Then maybe kids would do there homework more because they have an extra day off of school. You could just make school an little bit longer. Rayven Jones
Post a Comment