Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Teens Charged for Bullying to Death

This teenaged girl committed suicide as a result of bullying:

Read Here

Do you think the bullies should be charged with a crime in this situation? Do you think there should be stricter laws to prevent this result? Do you think a situation like this could happen at Friendly? Why or why not?

63 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,I think bullying should be charged as a crime in the situation because she was hurt to the point where she killed herself.Yes there should be stricker law to stop this but that doesnt mean its going to stop. yes a situation like this could happen at friendly it could happen now.I think they should do something about it now before it get worst.Danielle May 1a

Brandon lee 2a said...

Yes I Think They Should Be Charged With Bullying. I Think That If The Sentence For Death Due To Bullying Was Longer Then The Bullying Rate Would Decrease. Bullying Can Happen Any And Every where So I Do Think It Can Happen At Friendly Cause Everybody Are Not Gonna Get Along,So Bullying May Occur.

Rayven Jones 2A said...

Yes, I do think they should be charged for bullying the student. I do think there should be stricter laws because people killing there selves over other people harassment is not accpectable. I dont think so because must kids in friendly know how to handle thereselves in these issues.

Deyonna said...

I think the bullies should be charged with a crime, because if they were not picking on her most likely she wouldn't have committed suicide. I belive, there should be stricter laws so this stuff wouldn't happen. I think most likely from what I've seen, situations like this can happen at Friendly. I think this because, kids don't know when enough is enough. They keep messing with you, and you have no choice but, to jump over the edge to death, if you can't take it anymore.

Deyonna Butts Pd.3B

Anonymous said...

I do believe bullying should be charged as a crime. Bullying is a leading cause to teen suicide. Those who are being bullied could be in serious danger and they may feel harmed and threatened. Bullying can have several effects such as stress, continuous absences from school, and low self-esteem. No one deserves to be bullied nor should have to feel humiliated from peers or a group audience of peers or classmates. If someone is big enough and grown enough to to bully they are big enough to face consequences and maybe even jail time. Bullying is a serious matter and for that in fact is a crime.

Karisa Johnson 4A

Anonymous said...

Yes,I think bullies should be charged with crime its not right to bully someone to the point they wanna kill thereselve.Yes i think there should be stricter laws for this so they would stop being stupid and making people wanna hurt themself of whatever it is the bully is doing.I dont think it could happen at Friendly because most kids know how to defend thereselfs.


Autumn Woods
1A

Anonymous said...

Adam Pinkney 4A

Yes, I believe that bullying should be made a crime. Bullying is assaulting someone whether it be verbal or physical. People might not be able to take bullying lightly which causes them to do things to themselves or other people. I think they should really enforce those anti-bullying laws so that school is a much better environment. I believe that this could possibly happen at Friendly. It can happen anywhere. Anything is possible!

Airy tilghman 1B said...

Yes,I think they should be charged as a crime in the situation because there's no reason a life should be lost because he/she had be bullied. Bullies should be punished even though they will punished with knowing their the reason why a Innocent person has killed thyself.and also yes laws should be stricter on this type of crime.I Think this will most likely happen at friendly , not just friendly though but I say this because nowadays everybody is on social networks, portraying something their not, & its pretty easy to hurt somebodies feelings over the internet , but at the sometime, if your getting bullied you should tell someone , anyone that you trust ,so it doesn't end up & a wrongful death.

Doria Jefferson said...

Yes I think she should be charged with bullying. Bullying causes death just like other crimes and should be treated as one. There'cyber bullying, sexual harassment,physical bullying, verbal bullying, indirect bullying, alienation, and intimidation. A lot of children and adolescents have said that they suffered side effects after the cause of bullying.Such as... a drop in grades, an increase in anxiety, a loss of social life. Bullying can cause physical and emotional harm it is not safe.

Doria Jefferson said...

#LastBlog Doria Jefferson 4A

jasminehorton1b said...

Jasmine Horton 1b

What I think about this artical is i do agree with the teenagers punishment because. Prince was pushed to kill herself I think that they should get life bacause this was planned and they beat her up and was harased her and she was raped. They were all under 15 years of age so I do think there should be more laws that should stop this from occuring this could happen at friendly because each school is the same in some kind of way.We are no different and if you do see someone being bullyed then you should tell someone or stop it.

Anonymous said...

I think that this should be charged with a crime but then again i don't. Teens will be teens, we're gonna make fun of people that's just us maturing. Then again if the bullying gets to a certain extent then some actions will have to take place. I personally don't think anything or body can stop bullying, its always going to happen but if the government want to find a way to fix it suit themselves. I know for a fact that something like this wouldn't happen in Friendly. Stuff like this only happens in those wealthy suburban rich cocky areas. Friendly children wouldn't commit no suicide, if they feel disrespected, they're most likely gonna disrespect back and instead of killing themselves they might kill the other person instead. Crazy but true. Its just calling it how you see it.

Chyna McCombs 3B

Danyelle said...

Yes, I think that bullies should be charged with crime in this situation because they're the reason why most people have low self esteem. You tell someone they're beautiful, they'll forget it in a day. You tell someone they're ugly, they'll remember it for a lifetime. There should be a law that states that if you bully someone and that person committs suicide,you a responsible for it. I think if people start to realize that bullying can put you in jail for life, then they'll cut down on it. Anything is possible, so yes, I think this situation could happen at Friendly High School. I see people picking on "losers" here all the time, and they never say anything. You never know what they go home and do, or think about. They might think about suicide. You never know. Bullying is wrong.

Anonymous said...

taqiyyah recio

-yes i believe bullying should be charged because that kinda of assault . when somebody is getting bullied they decided to shut down and hurt there self or worst kill there self. there should be a stricter laws because we are losing our people over bullying.Yes i think this could happen at friendly because we have alot of bullies and this happen when i was in middle school so it could happen to anybody

Anonymous said...

No i do not thinik they shuld be charged with a crime no matter what they did they did not put a gun to her head and kill her, she took upon herself becuase ad she not killed herself the young teens would have never been charged, those officials jus want a easy way out or somebody to blame it on, i do think there shuld be stricter laws but they shuld be fair at the same time, the girl was old enough to know right from wrong and it didnt take a few kids messin with her to kill herself thats on her and the face that the official made an examplle out of those kids is not fair, "asualt with a deadly weapon being a can or bottle" how stupid does that sound, i dont think they shuld face any serious charges. yes this could happen at friendly people can get bullied no matter where u are or no matter how old you are
XAVIER DENNIS

Anonymous said...

Every teen involved that bullied her should be rightfully punished. Its was not right that they pushed this girl to that limit because if somebody that she liked. There has to be somebody that looks out for us because a lot of people are afraid to say anything. Somebody with the biggest smile would be somebody that is hiding something. I believe if this happens in friendly and I see or hear something like this then I would do something ASAP.




Tangier May 3B

Anonymous said...

1. The way I see it if you bullie some one and they die from it they should be charge.

2. Yes because someone died.

3. No because my personal sight I see no one doing any thing like that.

Demetrius Lofton 1A

Samira Best 2B said...

I think the bullies should be charged. They basically killed someone with words and actions. There should be stricter laws about bulling because not onlt are teens killing theirselves little kids are to because of bulling. i believe that is the saddest thing they havent even started life and their taking it away because of bullies. I do think something like this could happen at friendly. It could happen at any school. There is bulling all over the world.

Micah Peele 1-A said...

Yes,I think the bullies should be charged with a crime but only if the bullyimg results in any hurt, harm, or danger of the person being bullied. I don't think the laws could really be anymore strict agianst this issue without infringing upon our constitutional rights. I think it could because every day there is a person being called a name and we don't know how it effect them on the inside.

Thomas 1B said...

I believe only the bullies who assulteed her should be charge with the crime because she techinally killed hersel. But I do belive it should be stricker laws especially within schools because it is a large issue that probaly can be reduced because punishment is worse. I do think it could happen at friendly because bullying is tough here and I think someone would kill theirself if they go through bullying enough.

Anonymous said...

Yes I think that they should be, because bulling is unacceptable. Its made many teenagers and children commit suicide. I feel that there should be stricter laws against bulling. And people should be aware of what they are saying can be very harmful to someone. Yes I think this could happen at friendly , because I do witness bulling everyday.

-Nace Denton-Hurst
4A

Anonymous said...

Yes, i think that bullies should be charged with a crime in this situation because they know the difference between good and bad they know that they are hurting innocent people. i also think that there should be stricter laws because we want to prevent people from bullying and getting bullied as well. and i think that it could happen here because if bullying happens in other schools why would it not happen here.
Belky Carbajal
Period:4A

JasmineMyles 2A said...

Yes , i think they should be charged for bullying because , if you went as far as making someone wanting to kill themselves , then you must have done something like extreme to make them want to go to the length of taking their own life . I don't think that something at friendly could happen like this because no matter how ignorant , and foolish some of the kids at friendly may be , i don't think they would take it that far , to the point where someone ends up killing themselves because of the harassment they are receiving . but then again you never know , what may be going on inside a persons mind .

DanielSeay1A said...

If you lead someone to commit suicide by using indirect methods (like cyberbullying and verbal harassment), then i don't think that you should be charged with a crime (in my opinion) because it would begin to censor a person, which explicitly violates a person right to free speech. Now, when it comes to physical abuse and harassment, then I consider it a hate crime because it's a blunt discrimination against someone, and your physical actions towards them cause them to commit suicide; you basically indirectly murdered that person.

Anonymous said...

in this type of situation i think that bullying should be charged as a crime because they made the young lady kill herself. i agree that there should be stricter laws on bullying so that is wont ever happen again because if this was someone's brother or sister being bullied they wouldn't want that to happen to them or happen to anyone that they are close too. i think this type of situation can happen at friendly or at any school really because there is bullying that happens at all schools and people are just scared to tell because they are afraid that the person may come after them. the bullying really needs to stop. Deaunte Watson 4A

Angel Johnson 4A said...

I've heard about Phoebe Prince alot over the years and my opinion has stayed the same. Yes I do believe the students should be charged for their harsh taunting and sometimes violent interactions with her. It seems as though these students made the school environment unsafe for Phoebe by following her around tormenting her. I also feel there are some teachers that should be charged as well as the students, how could such consistent bullying take place unnoticed? I always see suicide as a crime taken upon yourself and nobody else's fault but your own but when the bullying went from verbal to physical the teenagers took matters into their own hands, they were intentionally trying to hurt her in every way possible so they deserve a sentencing.

DeAndre' Davis 2A said...

Yes I think the bullies should be charged with a crime because they abused her physically, mentally, and verbally. They pushed this girl to an area that she could not return from because of that she killed herself. Most definitely there should be stricter laws, especially if the teachers see it happening they need to report it. I doubt something like this could happen at Friendly only because of observation and opinion truly. But either way what these kids did to this girl was sad and cruel and they should be charged.

Anonymous said...

Yes,I think bullying should a serious charge. Bullying itself has earned a big name and a lot of attention. Due to multiple deaths,suicides,serious injuries and mind traumas. And we definitely do not enjoy hearing about our loved ones getting in any of this. So we should just try to get rid of the bullies from now. In conclusion bullies do deserve their own special spot in prison.
Craig Williams
3B

Lyric Freeman said...

It Depends some people bully because some issues they may have at home or something but if they are warned about it and do it Til they push a person to wanting to end Thier life then there should be some type of action to bullying

Danielle McCoy 1B said...

I Think They Should Be Charged With Bullying. Bullying is a major cause to suicide/someone taking their own life.no one should go through that no matter who they are. Those who are being bullied could feel like they are in danger and they may feel harmed and threatened in anyway.any limit of bullying can denfinately push some one to lose the life.the death penalty is only valid enough if your bullying caused someone to die...a life for a life

Anonymous said...

Yes i do think that they should be charged with a crime in this situation because the bulling is what caused her death. yes i do think that there be stricter laws because someone did die and it could happen again. yes i think it could happen at friendly, but it all depends on a persons self esteem.

Acquila Robertson
Period 3b

Virgil 4A said...

NO...This should not be charged as a crime. All your life there will be somebody trying to bully or pick with you no matter HOW Old you are. Should we all just kill ourselves because of a bully? If your WEAK then you would do something like this. I simply would deal with it accordingly. It already happens in friendly.

Anonymous said...

Elijah Powell
3B

Yes i think they should charge with crime, because i dont see the point of taking something from someone else.It seem like they must be hating on her.Some people just get more money than people.You just got to find a way to get your own money.Go find a job or just find something to do to get some money.

Shannon Weaver 2A said...

Yes I do think that bullies should be charged. Like in this case the young girl committed suicide because of bullying so they should be punished for this. Their should be stricter laws but laws really don't mean anything because people break them all the time. Making laws to prevent this would be good but I'm not sure it would work. Yes situations like this can happen at Friendly.It could be happen right now at Friendly. It can happen at any school.

Jada Young said...

The bullies should be charged with a crime because this is assault. I think that there is not many ways to prevent this because no matter where you go people are going to talk negative about you but you just have to ignore it or get some form of authority to take care of the situation. Therefore, yes there should be stricter laws but they could be either beneficial or not. Bullying can happen anywhere to anyone at anytime, i'm sure some of the "non cool" kids at friendly are getting bullied even if it is not to the extreme like this situation. I've been hearing a lot about bullying since about 2 years ago it seem as if the rate have went up.

-Jada Young 2B

Viviana Guerrero 1A said...

yes i believe that bullies should be charged with a crime because the girl killed herself because of them.I think that there should be stricter laws to prevent a lot of teents from killing themselfs if they are being bully. i dont think that a situation like this could happen at Friendly because the kids arent afraid to talk to the teachers if they have a problem with another student.

I'mUptown_ said...

Terrell Proctor
2A

I believe that the bullies should be charged. I say this because you would have to bully someone to that point where they would kill themselves from bullying and if you took it that far then you should be charged.I believe that there shouldn't be stricter law its just that teachers parents and the kids have to speak up and tell people before it gets to aggressive. Like the girl in the newsletter. I believe that a situation like this could happen because many people always bully each other for no reason and if someone takes it to far then they might commit suicide.

2/11/12

Anonymous said...

Do you think the bullies should be charged with a crime in this situation?
- Yes I do because no deserves to be pushed to that point over possibly ignorant things.

Do you think there should be stricter laws to prevent this result?
- Yes, If there were stricter rules the death rate of teenagers who commit suicide would decrease because bully is usually the cause.

Do you think a situation like this could happen at Friendly? Why or why not?
- This type of thing can and probably will happen at friendly because people have no disregard about how they treat other people. Most of the students aren't educated enough to know that words hurt more than anything.

Donyah B. 4a

Michael West said...

Michael West 4A Bullying happens everywhere. They can be charged but not that many ppl see the bullying. It can happen at Friendly it might be happening now but from cyber bullying.

Kelly Catama: 2B said...

The bullies should be charged with a crime because it was a form a assault. In order to keep a safe environment, I believe that there should be stricter laws to prevent it. This situation could happen at Friendly because every school bounds to have someone hate another person. but at the same time, they won't go over the limit to kill someone because Mr. Adams would give serious consequences to the student that were involved in the incident, and that student doesn't want those serious consequences.

Anonymous said...

Yes bullies should be charged with a crime especially if someone they were bullying committed suicide.Yes there should be a stricter law to prevent bullying, it seems that schools are enforcing it but its not changing anything. The schools are just suspending students that they find out are bullying. That's not really changing anything its just making the bully madder and is going to continue to do the same thing.Yes and No, i see some forms of bullying at Friendly but no huge bullying to the point that someone would committee suicide.

Maya Robinson
4/A

Anonymous said...

Yes i do thin they should charge for bullying only because people are killing there selves and others over this. I do think this could haapen at friendly only because there hve been little incidents with bullying

Romello Collier 4A

Mia Watson 1B said...

Yes I think bullies should be charged with crime, they cause someone to feel so horrible that they had to commit suicide. Even though they didn't physically harm her, they mentally harmed her which is just as bad. Yes, there should be stricter laws because I don't think the laws around now are helping that much. People are still bullied and others just stare without saying a thing. Unless a person kills his or herself or an adult sees, bullies can get away with almost anything. Yes, I'm positive that something like this could happen at Friendly. I had a friend who was bullied all through his freshman year, he contemplated suicide but luckily he never stooped to it.

Steven Turrentine 1A said...

Yes, because of the fact that the child that was getting bullied killed herself. Yes because someone shouldn't lose their life over bulling. Yes because it's easy to get to someone and make them get in their feelings and you never know what happens behind close doors.

Sean Williams 1A said...

Yes, I believe that bullying should be charged as a crime because its not right to bully somebody, and chances are they bullied a person that they didnt even know well. So the bullies didnt even know what there victims go thru

Antoinette Mason 1B said...

I do think they should be charged because if the majority of the suicides happen because of bullying then it shouldnt be taken lightly. If people would just reach and do something we wouldnt have this on our hands. Those students took it way too far and didnt know their limits. I do think there should be stricter laws to prevent this because no one take anti bullying seriously because they think its insignififcat. I don't really see bullying happening in schools mainly because we have wanna be thugs here who put up a front and fight over any and everything. And mostly because no one reports it because they want to uphold a certain reputation.

Pico Cross said...

This could be charged with a crime, but then most of the population would be in jail or prison or whatever. Because guess what there always going to be dirt-bags that have negative energy towards anyone. Also you can't please everyone, so you just have to deal with it.

RaVon D. said...

Yes I Think They Should Be Charged With Bullying. Maybe if we charge you of Bullying the Rate Would Decrease but then again i don't think it would. Because Teens will be teens kid will be kids, we just make fun of people that's just a way we are a way of us maturing.

JasminexHawkins 1B said...

Do you think the bullies should be charged with a crime in this situation?
Yes, the bullies should be charged with a crime because there was malicious intent and death caused by the bullies actions.
Do you think there should be stricter laws to prevent this result?
Yes, many teens believe that they can insult, bully, and injure others with suffering any consequences. Laws should be make to promote moral and decrease teen suicide rates.
Do you think a situation like this could happen at Friendly? Why or why not?
Yes, hate between teens exist in every school whether because of money, drugs, race, or personality. Friendly already have problems for about every other social issue so it wouldn't surprise me if someone took their bulling too far.

Jermaine Taylor said...

Jermaine Taylor

Yes I think bullying should be charged as a crime because when your bullying someone you push them to a limit where they cannot take it anymore so killing themselves could be their relieve to the bullying situation. I do think there should be stricter laws or bigger punishments for there action that they commit.I think if a person is getting bullied they should tell someone instead of holding it back and making it worst on there part and have someone talk to that bully or even have that bully removed from your school and surroundings.

Jermaine Taylor
2A

Kevin A. Ruiz 1A said...

Kevin A. Ruiz 1A

1. Do you think the bullies should be charged with a crime in this situation?

These people knew what they were doing when they teased and bothered the innocent. They should have thought about how a person would react to being bothered as so.

2. Do you think there should be stricter laws to prevent this result?

Not only should there be stricter laws to prevent this result, the parents and adults shouldn't have allowed this to have gone for so long. This could've been prevented if an adult had stepped in and stopped all the teasing.

3. Do you think a situation like this could happen at Friendly?

I honestly think that the students at Friendly wouldn't be as bothered to an extent to death. Many of the students see this on a daily basis and you basically have to defend yourself whenever this happens.

Anonymous said...

Yes i think the bullies should be charged because i think the bullies knew what they where doing or maybe they were mad at what us going on with their lives so they want to ruin other peopels lives.Yes I think there should be more stricter laws like if you are getting bullied you should not be scared to tell an Adult or even your parents.I think this could happen at friendly but not to the extent where people would kill the mself they probably would be alot of fights.I Say this because i get called names and stuff but it really does not affect me because i know their joking or some of the things they say are not true.EboOtuya-2B

ChristianJohnson2BContinued said...

Look, people are going to be people. With that being said, bullying will forever occur. It's sad but true. I think jail time in this occasion is a little harsh, living with the pain and agony knowing that you are the result of someone's death is horrifying and life-scarring. I think that things like this do occur at Friendly but on a lesser scale. It's because of the things people wear and the way people act that make this happen. Jail time is not required in this instance. Enroll your kid in some karate, they'll learn how to defend themselves

Anonymous said...

Yes, I Think Bullying Should Be A Crime Because The Teens Were Hurt Very Bad. Bullying Is A Hard Situation To Deal With. I'm Pretty Sure The Kids Asked For Advice From A Parent And That Seems To Not Have Worked. Bullying Is Happening Every Where But Mainly In Most Schools. Starting With Elementary Schools. Its A Tough Situation To Deal With. So Therefore Yes, It Can Happen In Friendly And Has Happened Before. I Can Even Begin To Imagine The Stuff The Other Kids Were Saying. It Could Have All Started Through Jealousy, Because Most Girls Wanna Date The Popular Boys Or The Boys That Play Sports. All Teens Aren't The Same Words Hurt Some People. So Therefore They Should Be Charged As A Crime. Because Several People Are Taking There Lives Because Of Bullying.. Ebony Thronton 2A

Danae NayNay said...

Of course I think the bullies should be charged with a crime. They made this girl kill herself. That's probably one of the worst things you could ever do in your lifetime. I do think that there should be stricter laws to prevent this. Nobody should have to kill themselves because of something like this. I do think that something could happen like this at friendly because bullying goes on in there and people don't watch what they say and if they say the wrong things then this could happen. It's all about what we say and people aren't conscious about how people take it and how it will affect those people. We need to start thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

i beleive that they should have stricter laws for bullying. People should't have to come to school and be worried about the shoes they wear, or the clothes on their backs. If the charges are escalated in the near future the bullying will stop.

Taj Tobin 3B

Rodelle White said...

I do think that the bullies should be charged with a crime in this situation. They essentially pushed a young girl to take her own life as they repeatedly made her life unpleasant and mistreated her. There should be stricter laws for this type of thing but for people who are old enough to know the severity of their actions, such as chilren in middle school and high school, because elementary school students may not be aware that bullying could push someone to suicide.

1A

Anonymous said...

Yes I think they should be charged because they bullied this girl and she died. There should be stricter laws about this and no I doubt this would happen at friendly because people really don't get bullied at our school.

Deche Neal

Kayla Jackson 1A said...

I think the bullies should be charges with a crime in this situation. There should also be stricter laws to prevent this result. Although, no one thinks that this situation can happen at Friendly, I think it could because I witness bullying at the school. Sometimes I am forced to say something to the bully because I am afraid of what the victim might do if the bulling does not seize. People handle situations and conflict in different ways. Some people just can not take it any more and unfortunately this happens to often.

Anonymous said...

1. I do think bullies should be charged in this situation and any situation that cause death.
2. Yes, I do think the law should be more strict, but most of the times suicides are at random, no law could ever stop a person from killing themselves.
3. Actually I do think this situation of bullying could happen at Friendly, because many people get picked on and criticized everyday. Many people aren't aware, but since I try to be observant, I definitely notice peoples' feelings getting hurt and peoples' physical appearance getting ridiculed.

Anonymous said...

To me I think bullies should get charged of messing with innocent people. I also think bullies have nothing better to do than borther people til they kill themselves. I do believe that there should be stricter laws to this madness because it makes no sense to have people killning themselves everyday
KAYLA MITCHAM 3B

Anonymous said...

Yes there should be a crime against bullying, but only if it involves physical or threatening issues. other wise if it is just verbal then it would not be fair to charge them. simple because of the first amendment which gives us freedom of speech. Meaning a person could say what ever they wanted just as long as it does not get physical or turn into threats. Am I saying I am for bullying ? NO. I'm just saying people have a right to say what they want to say. Although some people take it too far . which is pathetic to know that some people just don't know when to stop.
-No I don't think that this situation could occur at friendly but then again i don't know because i am unaware of anybody who is actually being bullied horribly at school.

Jade Ellis 3B

KaTrina Baker said...

I think there should be a crime against bullying because, people come to school to learn not to be judged or picked on about there clothes or hair. Schools should make it important that bullying could risk serious consequences because if the schools don't do anything about it , then students will continue to do it . Most cases kids come to school and do things to endanger others, and others just commit suicide. I do think a situation like this could happen at friendly because our school is off the hook and our school doesn't have enough discipline .