How many teachers have you had curse at you? Do you think they should have been fired? How many times have you cursed at or in front of a teacher? How severely were you punished? Do you agree with this new law from Arizona?
I don't think I have had any teachers curse at me. If I did it might have been two or three at the most. I don't think they should be fired because I know the teachers that I had didn't mean for those words to come out. When teachers get angry then that's when those words come out. The teachers I had didn't curse unless something that triggered them had happened. I've never cursed at a teacher and I never cursed in front of a teacher. I never got punished for that. To a certain degree yes I agree with it but then no. I know it's not right for a adult to curse at or in front of a child but like they said in the article things that they may read to their students or something like that may have curse words in it so that wouldn't be fair to them if they got consequences because of that. In a way I kind of don't see why they have that being a law but at the same time I do.
A teacher had never cursed at me and that will not happen because I would try to get them fired. And yes they should get fired. I had never cursed at a teacher and sometimes I want to. I do agree with the law in arizona.
not one teacher have ever cursed at me, and i don't think they should be fired because some teachers might curse on accident. and i don't curse much but i know i have cursed in front of a teacher never to a teacher because that's even more disrespectful i haven't been punished for that. i don't agree with the law from Arizona because some words just slip and some students are even more disrespectful, they should follow the saying "treat others the way you want to be treated" Belky Carbajal period:4A
I know its not correct as much as its not professional for a teacher to use profane language around their students, but for some, it just comes out naturally as they are irritated or simply mad at their students. (which happens often)I don't believe a teacher should be fired because they've said a 'bad word'. Students use them often and most of the time they never get punished for them. Were all human being and should be pardoned if one accidentally slips out but if a teacher uses it non stop just because they're vocabulary isn't big enough that shows how unprofessional they look & act and should called upon for for it. No they shouldn't get fired because the punishment would be too extreme especially in these economic drop downs were having at the moment.
Yes a teacher has cursed at me before, but I don't think that the teacher should be fired for it considering that the kids curse at them and threaten them which provokes them to curse at us. If the teachers get fired for cursing that means the kids should get expelled for cursing since it would be fairand that way it would go both ways so no one would curse because of the severe consequences.
I have never cursed at a teacher or even got cursed by one. I think that teachers shouldn't get fired because if they were to curse at student it's because the student disrespected him/her very rudely and it's a daily routine that's the only reason why a teacher would even curse at a student because they can't handle them anymore. I think that students should just learn how to respect thier teachers so they can get respect also.
jibraun whitley 2A i dont agree with the bill in its current form. but if revised in the right way it would be an appropriate law without contredicting the 1st. amendment to much. i have had one teacher curse at me totally unprevoked and i went and had a higher authority handle the situation so that i would not also be at fualt for cursing back and arguing. over all in some cases i do think the teacher should be fired for cursing at a student.
I know atleast 1 techer cursed at me before. No because I mostly did something that made them made. Well most likly 5 or 9 times in front of a teacher. I was not and no because the way I see it if coaches can cures at there players than teachers can curse at there students.
well i don't think so were are teenagers and we curse all the time but if it in front of little children it would be wrong, because children shouldn't learn words like that at that age. but if in a angry words at a teenager it is wrong because it towards kids and i think we'll feel kinda making kids feel bad and won't like them and try to get them fired jamal hailey 2B
I dont think i ever had a teacher curse at me, but I had a teacher who said a bad word in front of the class because we wouldn't be quiet while he was talking.I dont think they should be fired, because students curse more than teachers.I dont know how many times i cursed in front of the class.It just happens.No I dont agree with this law from Arizona.
I never had any teacher's curse me out and never will.I cursed around a teacher maybe twice thats it,it only ouccurs when im upset about something or another stupid pisses me off.I dont think a teacher should get fired if they cursed at a student because some of the students in schools are disrespectful that causes the teachers to blow up in there face and curse.
I dont think they should be fired.\studnts curse all the time and they dont get kicked out of school.ithey should be penalized thoe becaus estudent get suspended so they should be punished too marquis wright 2a
#DonaldMoore period 4a i had mostly 3 Teachers Curse at me , in my Past of elementry school. and yes i reallly think that teacher's should be firedbecause it's disrespectful for an teacher to insult a student of learning and i do not agree with arizona because respect is shown , when respect is given.
#DonaldMoore period 4a i had mostly 3 Teachers Curse at me , in my Past of elementry school. and yes i reallly think that teacher's should be firedbecause it's disrespectful for an teacher to insult a student of learning and i do not agree with arizona because respect is shown , when respect is given.
This article gives me mixed emotions because as an adult a teacher may use profanity on a consistent basis and it may become a challenge to refrain from using it in the classroom. Although refraining may be a problem it is still unprofessional to use inappropriate language in front of students. I'm sure its nothing that the students haven't already heard before but that doesn't make it acceptable. If a teacher goes around saying F this and F that it just makes it more tempting for a student to say it. I don't think a teacher should automatically be fired I agree with having first and second offenses, if you can't contain yourself and do it a third time then you deserve to be fired. I actually do agree with this law.
Yes I have had a teacher curse at me before and it was nit just one time they cursed everyday on numerous occasions. No they shouldn't have been fired because most of the students no days are cursing like grown adults it's nothing that wasn't heard before. I don't really curse at or in front of my teachers because I respect them like my parents.I wasn't punished because most young teens curse nowadays. No I do not agree with this new law it is not teaching the students anything.
Yes I have had a teacher curse at me before and it was nit just one time they cursed everyday on numerous occasions. No they shouldn't have been fired because most of the students no days are cursing like grown adults it's nothing that wasn't heard before. I don't really curse at or in front of my teachers because I respect them like my parents.I wasn't punished because most young teens curse nowadays. No I do not agree with this new law it is not teaching the students anything.
i do not think teachers should be able to swear at there students because i think that it is just stupid i do understand if teachers do talk to other teachers useing curse words but of it face to face to a student then i think u should lose your job the freedom of speech could only go but so far.
NO I NEVER HAD A TEACHER CURSE AT ME IN A NEGATIVE MANNER THEY MIGHT CURSE BY SPEAKIN TO ME OR TRYIN TO GET A MESSAGE ACROSS TO ME BUT NEVER IN A DISRESPECTFUL MANNER, I AGREE WITH TEACHERS NOT BEING ABLE TO CURSE IN ELEMENTART SKOOL BECUASE THE KIDS ARE SO YOUNG BUT AFTER ELEMTARY I THINK IT SHULDNT MATTER, AND I REALLY DONT AGREE WITH TEACHERS NOT BEING ABLE TO CURSE OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM TOO, THE VIOLATE FREEDOM OF SPEACH XAVIER DENNIS
I've never had a teacher curse at me and I never cursed at a teacher although i don't have an issue with the foul language because they are said to be grown. I just don't think it's appropriate for the work environment. I Do not believe the teachers should be fired but i do believe there is a time and place for everything. In our learning environment there should not be any use of cursing. Teachers and adults are so worried about us using the language but forgetting that it is just as important for them not to curse as well.
If teachers and college professors could be fired for cursing in front of students that would be funny to see that to me especially if I hated that teacher but it would be their fault for getting fired anyway because they shouldn't be cursing. Never in my life have I been cursed at by a teacher but I have heard teachers curse at other students before. I don't think they really need to be fired but just get a warning or get suspended for a week or so. I mean I have cursed in front of penalty of teachers but I'm a teen and I dot work for nobody so that shouldn't matter. When I curse in front of teachers I don't get in trouble all they do is say stop. In conclusion I do agree with this punishment because if your not my parent you shouldn't curse at me. KAYLA MITCHAM 3B
I Never Had A Teacher Curse At Me But I Had Teacher's Curse In Front Of Me And I Don't Really Care Because We Are All Human And I Sorta Glad That They See Me As A Normal Person Instead Of A "Little Girl!". I Don't Think A Teacher Shouldn't Be Fired Because Of "Cursing" In front Of Students Because They're Are Far More Thing Worst That Teacher's Are Doing Than Something Simple As "Cursing". I've Cursed In Front Of A Teacher But They Never Heard Me(Or They Probably Did But Didn't Care!) So I Do Not Agree With This New Law From Arizona!
Well it depends on how often they use it,but if they use it towards the students then its a issue. Because they are being bad examples towards the students.And then there is going to be issues because there is not going to be any respect there for the heads of the class. Craig Williams 3B
Well it depends on how often they use it,but if they use it towards the students then its a issue. Because they are being bad examples towards the students.And then there is going to be issues because there is not going to be any respect there for the heads of the class. Craig Williams 3B
I think in my life I had several teachers curse at me. It really didn't affect how I felt. I cursed around several teachers before too. But I think that this might be taking it to far to fire them. They should have it for elementary and probably middle schools. But when they get to high school it shouldn't matter. I didn't really get punished when they found out that I cursed in front of a teacher.
i believe for it to be un proffessional for a teacher to curse while on the job, no matter what the situation maY BE.of course the kid is gonna do it because they are not as mature and may not have the knowledge of respect and self respect.a teacher coming down to their level is embrassing and almost says that your not proffessionally equipt for that job.
I know teachers who curse in the classroom & students laugh at it ,& think its all fun & games but at the same time if teachers curse at the students in a disrespectful way then yeah i agree with the bill.& They should be fired.I also belive teachers should act in a professional way at all times because some students actually look up to them. & also it depends on the age group of the students, I believe you shouldn't curse in front of young people.either way it should never be use in a way to hurt others or be disrespectful.So In conclusion I do agree with this punishment because its not your right as a teacher to curse at me.
Only about 3 teachers have ever cursed at me and it was in a harmless manner. No I do not believe they should have been punish because I was not offended in any way and they meant no harm. I have cursed in front of my teachers plenty of times and have never recieved punishment for doing so. I do not belive this law is fair because freedom of speech is very serious especially in the comfort of your own home.
I had a lot of teachers curse at me starting at grade 6. No i dont think they should be fired because some kids will get you at that point where you have to curse, its not right but that what it takes sometimes for the child to know your serious.I have CURSED alot in front of teacher out of anger or just playing aroung with my friends. I was never punish for doing it,Her only words were watch your mouth,or would you talk to your mom with that mouth.No i dont agree with Arizona no law cause you cant tell a person what to say out there mouth, even know its not professional its natural.Danielle May 1a
I think that teachers should be able to swear all day everyday. Why? Because, one, it's funny. Two, because so students won't listen until you cuss them out. Three, because this is censorship and/or taking away free speech, which I believe is against this country's beliefs/foundations/law!
In the past ive had teachers that swore but I've never had a teacher swear at me. I don't think a teacher should be fired for swearing unless they are an elementary school or middle school teacher but if you are a high school teacher or a cOllege professor their shouldn't be any consequence for swearing. From what I noticed most teachers usually ask if anyone in the class if offended by swearing before they swear in the classroom.
I never had a teacher that curse at me before. But if i did i dont think that she should of have been fired she should of been suspented from teaching for a good minute. I dont think i ever cursed in front of my teacher. No i dont agree with the new law in Arizona because people cant control what you want to say. we all have the right to say whatever we want.
I think tits wrong for teachers to get fired because they swear or they say a bad word. The students do it more then the teachers and sometimes they curse at the teacher so why is they making a big deal they needed focus on bigger issues . We do have freedom of speech so there is no reason to be judge for saying something ? . .TAQIYYAH RECIO
I've never had a teacher curse at me. I believe that if a teacher curses at you it might be because of how the student is acting. In all the years that I have been in school, I have only seen teachers curse when they are provoked by a student. I might have cursed in front of a teacher once or twice but its never meant towards them. I have seen many of my classmates curse around the teacher and they usually don't say anything or they just say "Hey watch your language." I do not agree with this new law in Arizona I believe that its very dumb and teachers shouldn't be punished for this.
I have had 2 teachers curse during class because of the ruckus, but never towards me. I believe that they shouldn't be fired for cursing or swearing because that is a way of expressing yourself or expressing the work in that class like poetry. If that was made a law then many teachers would be fired every year. I have only cursed in front of a teacher once in middle school, because he was in my face for not tucking in my shirt. I wasn't punished because i was holding my ground so i didn't get in trouble. I dont agree with law at all i will stand on the teachers side.
1. I never had a teacher curse at me before. I have had a teacher curse in front of me though, in a joking matter.
2. I don't think that they should have been fired because I was of age to hear the profanity and my maturity level was becoming.
3. Unknowingly, I have cursed in front of a teacher at least two times.
4. I was punished with little severity. The teachers just looked at me with a puzzled visage.
5. I certainly do not agree that teachers should be fired over cursing to a student. Even if the teacher curses at the student first, the teacher shouldn't lose his/her job.
No teachers have actually cursed at me. They have cursed around me plenty of times. I have never cursed at a teacher before. No matter how made I get I will still have enough respect towards a teacher for me not to curse at them. I do not think that teachers should get fired. Most of the time students only listen to teachers when they are cursing. It is a way for teacher to get their point across. They should get punished for cursing at a student just like a student would get punished for cursing at a teacher.
none of my teachers have cursed at me in my entire lifetime & with that answer, I cannot answer the second question. But in general, if the teacher were to curse at a student, they should have consequences; & those consequences will lead to being fired if it is on-going. Sometimes, if I curse in front of a teacher, I would either say it under my breath or when I curse, it would refer to someone irritating me. I wasn't punished because the teacher didn't know I cursed or if I cursed at my classmate in front of one of my particular teacher, she wouldn't punish me because she understands how I'm irritated when people talk & say things to me when people put me in a bad mood while I try to finish my work in class.
I strongly agree with the new law of Arizona. I mean, the teachers are suppose to lead them to the right direction when molding the students into adults doing their future career. & to me, when a teacher curses at them, it shows me that they don't know any better than the students themselves. This law is also useful because the students will eventually pick it up if the teacher becomes comfortable using profanity. & when the students pick it up and use it for things in the future, let's say an interview to get into a college, & uses that profanity, it won't take them into that college that they planned to go to. It won't take the students anywhere in life when profanity is implanted in them.
NO! Teachers shouldnt be allowed to curse at me .However, i dont think its a reason to fire them. Being a teacher is a hard job that takes alot of patience .I dont curse at teachers, and they shouldnt curse at me . I have cursed at a teacher that has cursed at me,I wasnt punished . Dyamond Nelson 2b
I disagree with Arizona law. Only because students now a days curse in front of teachers. Yes i have been cursed at by a teacher. But it might take a teacher to curse at a student to get a point across because some kids are very stubborn.
In my whole life I have never had a teacher curse at me because I have always shown them respect so they respect me in return. I do not think that they should be fired but given a second chance. If kids weren't so disrespectful then maybe the teachers would not be provoked. But then again teachers should be able to handle disrespect in a different way instead of using profanity. I do not agree with the Arizona law. Teachers should think before they speak and then maybe we would not need any unnecessary laws.
No teacher has ever cursed at me and i dont curse at teachers. But i think if a students curses at the teacher first then he/she should beable to curse back. Dont just stand there and do nothin but call an administrater cause the student just going to curse you out even more. Hey if you want to be cursed at then go ahead but i dont like being cursed at.
I dont think i've had any teachers curse at me,, unless we're just having a normal convo but it wasnt directed at me. yes but only if the teacher takes it to a certain point.i have cused at teachers but not to threaten them, i wasnt punished because it wasnt said to them but under my breath. No no i do not
I dont think i've had any teachers curse at me,, unless we're just having a normal convo but it wasnt directed at me. yes but only if the teacher takes it to a certain point.i have cused at teachers but not to threaten them, i wasnt punished because it wasnt said to them but under my breath. No no i do not
I don't think teachers should be fired for cursing at students because children sometimes give them a reason to curse at them. I've been cursed at by one of my teachers before on accident because I gave them a reason to. I've cursed plenty of times in front of my teachers and was never punished for it. I don't think that teachers should be fired for that because just how we curse at them, they should be able to curse at us.
I Have never had any teacher curse at me, there have been teacher's that cursed towards the whole class but not at me personally, No i don't think they should have been fired because it wasn't anything that serious, but if they took it really far then yes, they should have been, I don't believe i Have ever cursed at nor in front of a teacher at least loud enough for them to respond. i both agree and disagree with the law only because i feel teachers should handle it in a better manner and not stoop to the child's level because that's there job and they know what they are going to have to deal with especially working with high school student's but at the same time there are children that disrespect teacher's and say anything out of their mouths and there's only so much someone can take..
I heard a lot of my teachers curse, but I can count them on one hand though. But if a teacher or a college professor can get fired for cursing in front of students. Mr. Mitchell would have been gone. But at the same time kids are starting the curse at like 9 years old. Thats why teachers shouldn't curse at students.
I find this question redundant mainly because teachers and all of my periods curse except u mrs Reynolds well sometimes however if this policy weren't forced how would the County keep up with it and to put it Gonna have to have the Swear o meter Indian though I think it still will be a world full of teachers and students swearing and cussing all around...josh.w 3b
Ive never had a teacher curse at me but I've heard a teacher curse, I have cursed around a teacher and I got points taken away from my grade. I don't think teachers should be able to curse around us. I think teachers should get fired for cursing, it's disrespectful.
I've heard most of my teachers curse and it really don't affect me I could careless, however I don't think that it is professional to curse at a student but to just say a curse word while speaking is not that big of an issue. This article makes sense for elementary and middle school teachers, but not High school teachers and college professors. I do not curse at or in front of a teacher because it's rude and disrespectful.
I have had a couple teachers curse at me but it was not meant be offensive. Me and that teacher have a cool relationship a;so it didnt bother me. No i do not think those teachers should have been fired. I have never cursed at a teacher, but i think i may have cursed around one. I was not punished at all it wasnt a extreme curse word. No i do not agree with this law because sometimes whether in or out the classroom cursing can help get your point across.
I haven't had any teachers curse at me yet considereing i've been on their good sides.I'm Switzerland when it comes to this issue. If they feel they should be fired then do it, however sometimes students are disrespectful to teachers and that does cause them to react in the same manner. So there should be exceptions and or meeting with both the student and teacher when said incident occurs. Sadly i have cursed both at and in front of a teacher. I got suspended for three days because of it. With the Arizona laws considering there are degress and levels i do agree with it.
I Have had no teachers curse at me probably cus ive been behaving well and not getting in any sort of trouble.I think Teachers should not get fired because maybe the students were misbehaving or cursing at the teacher and they retaleated.I have cursed at a teacher before but not infront of their faces because i know the consequence for that but ive gotten caught and the teacher just gave me a 0 for the day.But i do agree with Arizona,s law because it will help the teacher be calm if any students misbehaves and etc.. Ebo Otuya-2b
No, a teacher hasn't cursed at me but, I have heard a teacher curse at a student. I don't think teachers should be fired for cursing. I mean teachers not perfect it may slip up. I have cursed in front of a teacher a couple of times but not on purpose. I was warned not to curse again. But I know kids that have been suspended for cursing at teachers and teachers curse right back and doesn't have any consequences for there actions. I agree with the law a little bit. I think they should rewrite it and make it more specific.
I have had alot of teachers curse at me in school and i dont think they should have been fired because its only a word and it is not offensive to me because i know how everyone talks in school and how i talk sometimes. i have cursed too but i was never punished really but i feel as if they cursed and punished why should we be punished it should just be a watch your language.i dont agree with arizonia law because outside of school teachers should be able to say whatever they want .
Teachers don't tend to curse at me personally. Only to the class as a general. I find it hilarious.
2. Do you think they should have been fired?
I despise those students that just tattle on their teachers for saying something they found offensive. Many students are playing the sensitive card and just need to stop being a little pussy cat. So no, they do not deserve to have been fired.
3. How many times have you cursed at or in front of a teacher?
I am a man of very colorful vocabulary. Once in a while it'll present it's self in front of a teacher. So in total count, probably around 56 times.
4. How severely were you punished?
Teachers don't really pay me much attention so they'll give me a break.
5. Do you agree with this new law from Arizona?
This new law is the reason why the next generation of children will end up growing up being little weak pricks.
None of my teachers have cursed at me, but if they did it would be disrespect to me. They shouldn't get fired unless they said something that was racist or very offensive to you. I'm not going to lie, but I cursed in front of the teacher multiple times when i'm heated or when i'm really into a coversation about a sport. I was never punished because they know they have their moments when they curse. I disagree with the law because it's freedom of speech.
How many teachers have you had curse at you? A teacher has never cursed at me, but rather the whole class. Some teachers find it necessary to "speak" the students language in order for them to understand and learn. Do you think they should have been fired? No, I don't believe they should be fired or punished. Many children have heard these words before and are unaffected. However teachers should set a good example by not cursing to show that in the rest of the working world, people can't/don't curse. How many times have you cursed at or in front of a teacher? I have never cursed at a teachers for I respect them and feel no need to sink to such a level that puts me down to verbal slander. I'd rather tell Ms. Tucker about the teachers bad actions so I can get off looking completely innocent. How severely were you punished? I wasn't ever punished for NOT cursing in school. Do you agree with this new law from Arizona? No, not really its very vague in its terms and the punishments are tough. The way to change a society isn't through laws but rather though culture. Lets change our culture to a more family friendly on though example.
I do not think teachers should be allowed to swear/curse at students. Swearing and cursing is very unprofessional and shouldn't be done by someone speaking in front of a group of teens even though teens know, use, and always hear these words teachers still shouldn't use them. I know many teachers may get upset angry or frustrated with students but using profanity isn't the answer. Teachers know more educated words and should use them instead of curse words. I don't think they should be fired unless its done to much. I haven't witnessed to many teachers cursing, and I myself try not to curse its against my beliefs and I find it disrespectful if I do curse it will be in my head not through my voice. Kevin Washington
There should be an exception to when a teacher should curse /swear at a student I say this because students curse at teachers all the time so why shouldn't the teachers be able to do the same. A couple of teachers have cursed at me but I never took it to a point where I have told an administrator or the principle because I wouldnt want a teacher to be punished because of something so small
A few of my teachers have cursed at my classes. No I do not think they should have been fired. I have only cursed in front of a teacher a few times. I was not punished at all. I do not agree with this new law. It should just be a rule at individual schools.
I have had a couple of teachers curse at the class, not me. I don't think any teacher should be fired because kids already know the words they are saying. i have cursed many times in front of my teacher. I wasn't punished at all. I think this is a stupid law.
Mannnnn I've had several teachers curse in my learning time and surprise surprise they've kept their jobs. No but I think it's a cultural thing. Black teachers tend to curse more because that's how we're raised, our parents just curse a lot. I don't know what white people do but I don't think it's the same. I don't think they should get fired for doing it I actually am in the classroom with them and it hard not to go mentally insane. I've never cursed in front of a teacher as a sign of respect but I know kids who have. It's not really a big deal they're just words. I absolutely disagree with the law in Arizona.
Yes a teacher has cursed at me before, but I don't think that the teacher should be fired for it. But I’m kind of hesitant about this article because as an adult a teacher may use profanity or what ever other language he/she would like to use on a daily basis and it may become a challenge to refrain/hold back from using it in the classroom. Although resisting the urge may be a problem it is still unprofessional to use inappropriate language in front of students. I'm sure its nothing that the students haven't already heard before but that doesn't make it acceptable to use in a classroom setting. If a teacher goes around using profanity in front of the kids it just makes it more tempting for a student to say it also. I don't think a teacher should automatically be fired I agree with having first and second offenses, if you can't contain yourself and do it a third time then you deserve to be fired considering that the kids curse at them and threaten them which provokes them to curse at us. I do kind of agree with this law by forcing teachers to reframe from the use of profanity but not to the extent of being fired for using profanity in a classroom. Because If a teacher gets fired for cursing that means the kids should get expelled for cursing, since it would be fair and that way it would go both ways so no one would not curse because of the severe consequences. But then again I do not agree with this law because some of my BEST teacher’s using profanity in their teaching style *Cough Cough Mrs. Reynolds , but I don’t not have no problem with it because it makes sense with it when they are teaching it’s not just f this and f that we might be talking about poetry and they use some profanity then so I don’t mind it aslong as it’s just for no reason at all.
Yes teacher curse and so do students but, I think if a student get in trouble for cursing at a teacher, a teacher should get in trouble for cursing at a studen, And @Christian being black or any kind race don't give you a reason to curse at anyone, and I do agree with the law, right is right and wrong is wrong.
I Have 2 Opinions About This Situation. I Think That If Kids Curse At Teachers Then The Teachers Should Be Able To Curse Back But The Teachers Shouldnt Just Curse Wenever They Feel Like It Cause That Wouldnt Set A Good Example For The Kids. Me Personally Have Never Cursed At A Teacher Cause I Am Respectful And I Have Never Had A Teacher Curse At Me.
I have had plenty of teachers curse at me. When teachers curse at students they should get in trouble by their boss but no i dont think they should get fired. Teachers have tenure so its not like they can get fired for cursing at a student. Some people curse when their expressing how they feel and you cant get mad at someone for sharing their thoughts. Alot of students curse because they think its cool and they try to impress their friends. I dont agree with the new law in Arizona
None of my teachers have actually cures at me.I have teachers that do curse in front of us. No a teacher shouldn't be fired for cursing, that's just there way of expressing there selves just as we do. If i did curse in front of my teacher it probably slipped out because i think its disrespectful to do that if Im not goin to curse in front of my parents then im not going to curse in front of my teacher.No I do not agree with this new law.It should be just to different schools.
i don't recall any teacher cursing at me or me at them but i have cursed around them a few times. i really don't think they should get fired because its not like we don't know/use the words already. the only time they should get fired if they say it around/to a lil elementary kid. the only time that i actually got in trouble for cursing was in 9th grade when i said b**** out loud to a girl because she got me mad and Feazel heard only me cursing she asked me question and told me i couldn't come back to school with out a parent. so i told my dad he wasn't he wasn't happy when i told him but he got mad about the questions she asked me. in the end i do and don't agree depending of the age.
No teacher has cursed at me since i been in school . But if a teacher swears they shouldn't be fired because some students need to be put in there place. That's Dum if a teacher gets fired for swearing then a student should get suspended. It's been plenty of times Ii cursed in front of my teacher and they did nothing . So if us swearing isn't so important then it shouldn't be a problem when they do it to us. The punishment should be fair
The only time I ever cursed around my teacher was because we had a very good relashionship. There was a situation where the principal thought I gave my essay to another student to copy, but that student stole mine without me knowing. That teacher taught the class where this situation took place. I was upset about it, and I had to show my teacher this conversation via text messege that I had with the student that stole my essay to prove to her that I wasn't lying. That conversation had an "F" bomb in it, but she didn't care because I wasn't directing it towards her, and we had a good relashionship, so she didn't think to say anything to me about it.
71 comments:
I don't think I have had any teachers curse at me. If I did it might have been two or three at the most. I don't think they should be fired because I know the teachers that I had didn't mean for those words to come out. When teachers get angry then that's when those words come out. The teachers I had didn't curse unless something that triggered them had happened. I've never cursed at a teacher and I never cursed in front of a teacher. I never got punished for that. To a certain degree yes I agree with it but then no. I know it's not right for a adult to curse at or in front of a child but like they said in the article things that they may read to their students or something like that may have curse words in it so that wouldn't be fair to them if they got consequences because of that. In a way I kind of don't see why they have that being a law but at the same time I do.
Maurice Nicholson 3B
A teacher had never cursed at me and that will not happen because I would try to get them fired. And yes they should get fired. I had never cursed at a teacher and sometimes I want to. I do agree with the law in arizona.
not one teacher have ever cursed at me, and i don't think they should be fired because some teachers might curse on accident. and i don't curse much but i know i have cursed in front of a teacher never to a teacher because that's even more disrespectful i haven't been punished for that. i don't agree with the law from Arizona because some words just slip and some students are even more disrespectful, they should follow the saying "treat others the way you want to be treated"
Belky Carbajal
period:4A
I know its not correct as much as its not professional for a teacher to use profane language around their students, but for some, it just comes out naturally as they are irritated or simply mad at their students. (which happens often)I don't believe a teacher should be fired because they've said a 'bad word'. Students use them often and most of the time they never get punished for them. Were all human being and should be pardoned if one accidentally slips out but if a teacher uses it non stop just because they're vocabulary isn't big enough that shows how unprofessional they look & act and should called upon for for it. No they shouldn't get fired because the punishment would be too extreme especially in these economic drop downs were having at the moment.
Yes a teacher has cursed at me before, but I don't think that the teacher should be fired for it considering that the kids curse at them and threaten them which provokes them to curse at us. If the teachers get fired for cursing that means the kids should get expelled for cursing since it would be fairand that way it would go both ways so no one would curse because of the severe consequences.
Anthony Franklin
4A
I have never cursed at a teacher or even got cursed by one. I think that teachers shouldn't get fired because if they were to curse at student it's because the student disrespected him/her very rudely and it's a daily routine that's the only reason why a teacher would even curse at a student because they can't handle them anymore. I think that students should just learn how to respect thier teachers so they can get respect also.
Katherine Ventura
2a
jibraun whitley 2A
i dont agree with the bill in its current form. but if revised in the right way it would be an appropriate law without contredicting the 1st. amendment to much. i have had one teacher curse at me totally unprevoked and i went and had a higher authority handle the situation so that i would not also be at fualt for cursing back and arguing. over all in some cases i do think the teacher should be fired for cursing at a student.
I know atleast 1 techer cursed at me before. No because I mostly did something that made them made. Well most likly 5 or 9 times in front of a teacher. I was not and no because the way I see it if coaches can cures at there players than teachers can curse at there students.
Demetrius Lofton 1A
well i don't think so were are teenagers and we curse all the time but if it in front of little children it would be wrong, because children shouldn't learn words like that at that age. but if in a angry words at a teenager it is wrong because it towards kids and i think we'll feel kinda making kids feel bad and won't like them and try to get them fired jamal hailey 2B
Elijah Powell
3B
I dont think i ever had a teacher curse at me, but I had a teacher who said a bad word in front of the class because we wouldn't be quiet while he was talking.I dont think they should be fired, because students curse more than teachers.I dont know how many times i cursed in front of the class.It just happens.No I dont agree with this law from Arizona.
I never had any teacher's curse me out and never will.I cursed around a teacher maybe twice thats it,it only ouccurs when im upset about something or another stupid pisses me off.I dont think a teacher should get fired if they cursed at a student because some of the students in schools are disrespectful that causes the teachers to blow up in there face and curse.
Autumn Woods
1A
I dont think they should be fired.\studnts curse all the time and they dont get kicked out of school.ithey should be penalized thoe becaus estudent get suspended so they should be punished too
marquis wright
2a
#DonaldMoore period 4a i had mostly 3 Teachers Curse at me , in my Past of elementry school. and yes i reallly think that teacher's should be firedbecause it's disrespectful for an teacher to insult a student of learning and i do not agree with arizona because respect is shown , when respect is given.
#DonaldMoore period 4a i had mostly 3 Teachers Curse at me , in my Past of elementry school. and yes i reallly think that teacher's should be firedbecause it's disrespectful for an teacher to insult a student of learning and i do not agree with arizona because respect is shown , when respect is given.
This article gives me mixed emotions because as an adult a teacher may use profanity on a consistent basis and it may become a challenge to refrain from using it in the classroom. Although refraining may be a problem it is still unprofessional to use inappropriate language in front of students. I'm sure its nothing that the students haven't already heard before but that doesn't make it acceptable. If a teacher goes around saying F this and F that it just makes it more tempting for a student to say it. I don't think a teacher should automatically be fired I agree with having first and second offenses, if you can't contain yourself and do it a third time then you deserve to be fired. I actually do agree with this law.
Yes I have had a teacher curse at me before and it was nit just one time they cursed everyday on numerous occasions. No they shouldn't have been fired because most of the students no days are cursing like grown adults it's nothing that wasn't heard before. I don't really curse at or in front of my teachers because I respect them like my parents.I wasn't punished because most young teens curse nowadays. No I do not agree with this new law it is not teaching the students anything.
Yes I have had a teacher curse at me before and it was nit just one time they cursed everyday on numerous occasions. No they shouldn't have been fired because most of the students no days are cursing like grown adults it's nothing that wasn't heard before. I don't really curse at or in front of my teachers because I respect them like my parents.I wasn't punished because most young teens curse nowadays. No I do not agree with this new law it is not teaching the students anything.
jasmine horton 1b
i do not think teachers should be able to swear at there students because i think that it is just stupid i do understand if teachers do talk to other teachers useing curse words but of it face to face to a student then i think u should lose your job the freedom of speech could only go but so far.
NO I NEVER HAD A TEACHER CURSE AT ME IN A NEGATIVE MANNER THEY MIGHT CURSE BY SPEAKIN TO ME OR TRYIN TO GET A MESSAGE ACROSS TO ME BUT NEVER IN A DISRESPECTFUL MANNER, I AGREE WITH TEACHERS NOT BEING ABLE TO CURSE IN ELEMENTART SKOOL BECUASE THE KIDS ARE SO YOUNG BUT AFTER ELEMTARY I THINK IT SHULDNT MATTER, AND I REALLY DONT AGREE WITH TEACHERS NOT BEING ABLE TO CURSE OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM TOO, THE VIOLATE FREEDOM OF SPEACH
XAVIER DENNIS
I've never had a teacher curse at me and I never cursed at a teacher although i don't have an issue with the foul language because they are said to be grown. I just don't think it's appropriate for the work environment. I Do not believe the teachers should be fired but i do believe there is a time and place for everything. In our learning environment there should not be any use of cursing. Teachers and adults are so worried about us using the language but forgetting that it is just as important for them not to curse as well.
Karisa Johnson 4A
If teachers and college professors could be fired for cursing in front of students that would be funny to see that to me especially if I hated that teacher but it would be their fault for getting fired anyway because they shouldn't be cursing. Never in my life have I been cursed at by a teacher but I have heard teachers curse at other students before. I don't think they really need to be fired but just get a warning or get suspended for a week or so. I mean I have cursed in front of penalty of teachers but I'm a teen and I dot work for nobody so that shouldn't matter. When I curse in front of teachers I don't get in trouble all they do is say stop. In conclusion I do agree with this punishment because if your not my parent you shouldn't curse at me.
KAYLA MITCHAM 3B
I Never Had A Teacher Curse At Me But I Had Teacher's Curse In Front Of Me And I Don't Really Care Because We Are All Human And I Sorta Glad That They See Me As A Normal Person Instead Of A "Little Girl!". I Don't Think A Teacher Shouldn't Be Fired Because Of "Cursing" In front Of Students Because They're Are Far More Thing Worst That Teacher's Are Doing Than Something Simple As "Cursing". I've Cursed In Front Of A Teacher But They Never Heard Me(Or They Probably Did But Didn't Care!) So I Do Not Agree With This New Law From Arizona!
KaylaFaulk:3B
Well it depends on how often they use it,but if they use it towards the students then its a issue. Because they are being bad examples towards the students.And then there is going to be issues because there is not going to be any respect there for the heads of the class.
Craig Williams
3B
Well it depends on how often they use it,but if they use it towards the students then its a issue. Because they are being bad examples towards the students.And then there is going to be issues because there is not going to be any respect there for the heads of the class.
Craig Williams
3B
I think in my life I had several teachers curse at me. It really didn't affect how I felt. I cursed around several teachers before too. But I think that this might be taking it to far to fire them. They should have it for elementary and probably middle schools. But when they get to high school it shouldn't matter. I didn't really get punished when they found out that I cursed in front of a teacher.
i believe for it to be un proffessional for a teacher to curse while on the job, no matter what the situation maY BE.of course the kid is gonna do it because they are not as mature and may not have the knowledge of respect and self respect.a teacher coming down to their level is embrassing and almost says that your not proffessionally equipt for that job.
two wrongs dont make a right!.
I know teachers who curse in the classroom & students laugh at it ,& think its all fun & games but at the same time if teachers curse at the students in a disrespectful way then yeah i agree with the bill.& They should be fired.I also belive teachers should act in a professional way at all times because some students actually look up to them. & also it depends on the age group of the students, I believe you shouldn't curse in front of young people.either way it should never be use in a way to hurt others or be disrespectful.So In conclusion I do agree with this punishment because its not your right as a teacher to curse at me.
Only about 3 teachers have ever cursed at me and it was in a harmless manner. No I do not believe they should have been punish because I was not offended in any way and they meant no harm. I have cursed in front of my teachers plenty of times and have never recieved punishment for doing so. I do not belive this law is fair because freedom of speech is very serious especially in the comfort of your own home.
I had a lot of teachers curse at me starting at grade 6. No i dont think they should be fired because some kids will get you at that point where you have to curse, its not right but that what it takes sometimes for the child to know your serious.I have CURSED alot in front of teacher out of anger or just playing aroung with my friends. I was never punish for doing it,Her only words were watch your mouth,or would you talk to your mom with that mouth.No i dont agree with Arizona no law cause you cant tell a person what to say out there mouth, even know its not professional its natural.Danielle May 1a
I think that teachers should be able to swear all day everyday. Why? Because, one, it's funny. Two, because so students won't listen until you cuss them out. Three, because this is censorship and/or taking away free speech, which I believe is against this country's beliefs/foundations/law!
In the past ive had teachers that swore but I've never had a teacher swear at me. I don't think a teacher should be fired for swearing unless they are an elementary school or middle school teacher but if you are a high school teacher or a cOllege professor their shouldn't be any consequence for swearing. From what I noticed most teachers usually ask if anyone in the class if offended by swearing before they swear in the classroom.
I never had a teacher that curse at me before. But if i did i dont think that she should of have been fired she should of been suspented from teaching for a good minute. I dont think i ever cursed in front of my teacher. No i dont agree with the new law in Arizona because people cant control what you want to say. we all have the right to say whatever we want.
I think tits wrong for teachers to get fired because they swear or they say a bad word. The students do it more then the teachers and sometimes they curse at the teacher so why is they making a big deal they needed focus on bigger issues . We do have freedom of speech so there is no reason to be judge for saying something ? . .TAQIYYAH RECIO
I've never had a teacher curse at me. I believe that if a teacher curses at you it might be because of how the student is acting. In all the years that I have been in school, I have only seen teachers curse when they are provoked by a student. I might have cursed in front of a teacher once or twice but its never meant towards them. I have seen many of my classmates curse around the teacher and they usually don't say anything or they just say "Hey watch your language." I do not agree with this new law in Arizona I believe that its very dumb and teachers shouldn't be punished for this.
I have had 2 teachers curse during class because of the ruckus, but never towards me. I believe that they shouldn't be fired for cursing or swearing because that is a way of expressing yourself or expressing the work in that class like poetry. If that was made a law then many teachers would be fired every year. I have only cursed in front of a teacher once in middle school, because he was in my face for not tucking in my shirt. I wasn't punished because i was holding my ground so i didn't get in trouble. I dont agree with law at all i will stand on the teachers side.
Terrell Proctor
2A
1. I never had a teacher curse at me before. I have had a teacher curse in front of me though, in a joking matter.
2. I don't think that they should have been fired because I was of age to hear the profanity and my maturity level was becoming.
3. Unknowingly, I have cursed in front of a teacher at least two times.
4. I was punished with little severity. The teachers just looked at me with a puzzled visage.
5. I certainly do not agree that teachers should be fired over cursing to a student. Even if the teacher curses at the student first, the teacher shouldn't lose his/her job.
No teachers have actually cursed at me. They have cursed around me plenty of times. I have never cursed at a teacher before. No matter how made I get I will still have enough respect towards a teacher for me not to curse at them. I do not think that teachers should get fired. Most of the time students only listen to teachers when they are cursing. It is a way for teacher to get their point across. They should get punished for cursing at a student just like a student would get punished for cursing at a teacher.
none of my teachers have cursed at me in my entire lifetime & with that answer, I cannot answer the second question. But in general, if the teacher were to curse at a student, they should have consequences; & those consequences will lead to being fired if it is on-going. Sometimes, if I curse in front of a teacher, I would either say it under my breath or when I curse, it would refer to someone irritating me. I wasn't punished because the teacher didn't know I cursed or if I cursed at my classmate in front of one of my particular teacher, she wouldn't punish me because she understands how I'm irritated when people talk & say things to me when people put me in a bad mood while I try to finish my work in class.
I strongly agree with the new law of Arizona. I mean, the teachers are suppose to lead them to the right direction when molding the students into adults doing their future career. & to me, when a teacher curses at them, it shows me that they don't know any better than the students themselves. This law is also useful because the students will eventually pick it up if the teacher becomes comfortable using profanity. & when the students pick it up and use it for things in the future, let's say an interview to get into a college, & uses that profanity, it won't take them into that college that they planned to go to. It won't take the students anywhere in life when profanity is implanted in them.
NO! Teachers shouldnt be allowed to curse at me .However, i dont think its a reason to fire them. Being a teacher is a hard job that takes alot of patience .I dont curse at teachers, and they shouldnt curse at me . I have cursed at a teacher that has cursed at me,I wasnt punished .
Dyamond Nelson
2b
I disagree with Arizona law. Only because students now a days curse in front of teachers. Yes i have been cursed at by a teacher. But it might take a teacher to curse at a student to get a point across because some kids are very stubborn.
Romello Collier 4a
Adam Pinkney 4A
In my whole life I have never had a teacher curse at me because I have always shown them respect so they respect me in return. I do not think that they should be fired but given a second chance. If kids weren't so disrespectful then maybe the teachers would not be provoked. But then again teachers should be able to handle disrespect in a different way instead of using profanity. I do not agree with the Arizona law. Teachers should think before they speak and then maybe we would not need any unnecessary laws.
No teacher has ever cursed at me and i dont curse at teachers. But i think if a students curses at the teacher first then he/she should beable to curse back. Dont just stand there and do nothin but call an administrater cause the student just going to curse you out even more. Hey if you want to be cursed at then go ahead but i dont like being cursed at.
I dont think i've had any teachers curse at me,, unless we're just having a normal convo but it wasnt directed at me. yes but only if the teacher takes it to a certain point.i have cused at teachers but not to threaten them, i wasnt punished because it wasnt said to them but under my breath. No no i do not
I dont think i've had any teachers curse at me,, unless we're just having a normal convo but it wasnt directed at me. yes but only if the teacher takes it to a certain point.i have cused at teachers but not to threaten them, i wasnt punished because it wasnt said to them but under my breath. No no i do not
I don't think teachers should be fired for cursing at students because children sometimes give them a reason to curse at them. I've been cursed at by one of my teachers before on accident because I gave them a reason to. I've cursed plenty of times in front of my teachers and was never punished for it. I don't think that teachers should be fired for that because just how we curse at them, they should be able to curse at us.
I Have never had any teacher curse at me, there have been teacher's that cursed towards the whole class but not at me personally, No i don't think they should have been fired because it wasn't anything that serious, but if they took it really far then yes, they should have been, I don't believe i Have ever cursed at nor in front of a teacher at least loud enough for them to respond. i both agree and disagree with the law only because i feel teachers should handle it in a better manner and not stoop to the child's level because that's there job and they know what they are going to have to deal with especially working with high school student's but at the same time there are children that disrespect teacher's and say anything out of their mouths and there's only so much someone can take..
-Kristen Young
-1B
I heard a lot of my teachers curse, but I can count them on one hand though. But if a teacher or a college professor can get fired for cursing in front of students. Mr. Mitchell would have been gone. But at the same time kids are starting the curse at like 9 years old. Thats why teachers shouldn't curse at students.
I find this question redundant mainly because teachers and all of my periods curse except u mrs Reynolds well sometimes however if this policy weren't forced how would the County keep up with it and to put it Gonna have to have the Swear o meter Indian though I think it still will be a world full of teachers and students swearing and cussing all around...josh.w 3b
Ive never had a teacher curse at me but I've heard a teacher curse, I have cursed around a teacher and I got points taken away from my grade. I don't think teachers should be able to curse around us. I think teachers should get fired for cursing, it's disrespectful.
Deche Neal
I've heard most of my teachers curse and it really don't affect me I could careless, however I don't think that it is professional to curse at a student but to just say a curse word while speaking is not that big of an issue. This article makes sense for elementary and middle school teachers, but not High school teachers and college professors. I do not curse at or in front of a teacher because it's rude and disrespectful.
-Jada Young 2B
I have had a couple teachers curse at me but it was not meant be offensive. Me and that teacher have a cool relationship a;so it didnt bother me. No i do not think those teachers should have been fired. I have never cursed at a teacher, but i think i may have cursed around one. I was not punished at all it wasnt a extreme curse word. No i do not agree with this law because sometimes whether in or out the classroom cursing can help get your point across.
Marques Malone 4A
I haven't had any teachers curse at me yet considereing i've been on their good sides.I'm Switzerland when it comes to this issue. If they feel they should be fired then do it, however sometimes students are disrespectful to teachers and that does cause them to react in the same manner. So there should be exceptions and or meeting with both the student and teacher when said incident occurs. Sadly i have cursed both at and in front of a teacher. I got suspended for three days because of it. With the Arizona laws considering there are degress and levels i do agree with it.
I Have had no teachers curse at me probably cus ive been behaving well and not getting in any sort of trouble.I think Teachers should not get fired because maybe the students were misbehaving or cursing at the teacher and they retaleated.I have cursed at a teacher before but not infront of their faces because i know the consequence for that but ive gotten caught and the teacher just gave me a 0 for the day.But i do agree with Arizona,s law because it will help the teacher be calm if any students misbehaves and etc.. Ebo Otuya-2b
No, a teacher hasn't cursed at me but, I have heard a teacher curse at a student. I don't think teachers should be fired for cursing. I mean teachers not perfect it may slip up. I have cursed in front of a teacher a couple of times but not on purpose. I was warned not to curse again. But I know kids that have been suspended for cursing at teachers and teachers curse right back and doesn't have any consequences for there actions. I agree with the law a little bit. I think they should rewrite it and make it more specific.
I have had alot of teachers curse at me in school and i dont think they should have been fired because its only a word and it is not offensive to me because i know how everyone talks in school and how i talk sometimes. i have cursed too but i was never punished really but i feel as if they cursed and punished why should we be punished it should just be a watch your language.i dont agree with arizonia law because outside of school teachers should be able to say whatever they want .
KEVIN HOLSTON 2B
Kevin A. Ruiz 1A
1. How many teachers have you had curse at you?
Teachers don't tend to curse at me personally. Only to the class as a general. I find it hilarious.
2. Do you think they should have been fired?
I despise those students that just tattle on their teachers for saying something they found offensive. Many students are playing the sensitive card and just need to stop being a little pussy cat. So no, they do not deserve to have been fired.
3. How many times have you cursed at or in front of a teacher?
I am a man of very colorful vocabulary. Once in a while it'll present it's self in front of a teacher. So in total count, probably around 56 times.
4. How severely were you punished?
Teachers don't really pay me much attention so they'll give me a break.
5. Do you agree with this new law from Arizona?
This new law is the reason why the next generation of children will end up growing up being little weak pricks.
None of my teachers have cursed at me, but if they did it would be disrespect to me. They shouldn't get fired unless they said something that was racist or very offensive to you. I'm not going to lie, but I cursed in front of the teacher multiple times when i'm heated or when i'm really into a coversation about a sport. I was never punished because they know they have their moments when they curse. I disagree with the law because it's freedom of speech.
Charles Jackson 3B
How many teachers have you had curse at you?
A teacher has never cursed at me, but rather the whole class. Some teachers find it necessary to "speak" the students language in order for them to understand and learn.
Do you think they should have been fired?
No, I don't believe they should be fired or punished. Many children have heard these words before and are unaffected. However teachers should set a good example by not cursing to show that in the rest of the working world, people can't/don't curse.
How many times have you cursed at or in front of a teacher?
I have never cursed at a teachers for I respect them and feel no need to sink to such a level that puts me down to verbal slander. I'd rather tell Ms. Tucker about the teachers bad actions so I can get off looking completely innocent.
How severely were you punished?
I wasn't ever punished for NOT cursing in school.
Do you agree with this new law from Arizona?
No, not really its very vague in its terms and the punishments are tough. The way to change a society isn't through laws but rather though culture. Lets change our culture to a more family friendly on though example.
I do not think teachers should be allowed to swear/curse at students. Swearing and cursing is very unprofessional and shouldn't be done by someone speaking in front of a group of teens even though teens know, use, and always hear these words teachers still shouldn't use them. I know many teachers may get upset angry or frustrated with students but using profanity isn't the answer. Teachers know more educated words and should use them instead of curse words. I don't think they should be fired unless its done to much. I haven't witnessed to many teachers cursing, and I myself try not to curse its against my beliefs and I find it disrespectful if I do curse it will be in my head not through my voice.
Kevin Washington
Jermaine Taylor
There should be an exception to when a teacher should curse /swear at a student I say this because students curse at teachers all the time so why shouldn't the teachers be able to do the same. A couple of teachers have cursed at me but I never took it to a point where I have told an administrator or the principle because I wouldnt want a teacher to be punished because of something so small
Jermaine Taylor
2A
A few of my teachers have cursed at my classes. No I do not think they should have been fired. I have only cursed in front of a teacher a few times. I was not punished at all. I do not agree with this new law. It should just be a rule at individual schools.
Tariq Abdullah 2A
I have had a couple of teachers curse at the class, not me. I don't think any teacher should be fired because kids already know the words they are saying. i have cursed many times in front of my teacher. I wasn't punished at all. I think this is a stupid law.
Aneya Dixon 3B
Mannnnn I've had several teachers curse in my learning time and surprise surprise they've kept their jobs. No but I think it's a cultural thing. Black teachers tend to curse more because that's how we're raised, our parents just curse a lot. I don't know what white people do but I don't think it's the same. I don't think they should get fired for doing it I actually am in the classroom with them and it hard not to go mentally insane. I've never cursed in front of a teacher as a sign of respect but I know kids who have. It's not really a big deal they're just words. I absolutely disagree with the law in Arizona.
Yes a teacher has cursed at me before, but I don't think that the teacher should be fired for it. But I’m kind of hesitant about this article because as an adult a teacher may use profanity or what ever other language he/she would like to use on a daily basis and it may become a challenge to refrain/hold back from using it in the classroom. Although resisting the urge may be a problem it is still unprofessional to use inappropriate language in front of students. I'm sure its nothing that the students haven't already heard before but that doesn't make it acceptable to use in a classroom setting. If a teacher goes around using profanity in front of the kids it just makes it more tempting for a student to say it also. I don't think a teacher should automatically be fired I agree with having first and second offenses, if you can't contain yourself and do it a third time then you deserve to be fired considering that the kids curse at them and threaten them which provokes them to curse at us. I do kind of agree with this law by forcing teachers to reframe from the use of profanity but not to the extent of being fired for using profanity in a classroom. Because If a teacher gets fired for cursing that means the kids should get expelled for cursing, since it would be fair and that way it would go both ways so no one would not curse because of the severe consequences. But then again I do not agree with this law because some of my BEST teacher’s using profanity in their teaching style *Cough Cough Mrs. Reynolds , but I don’t not have no problem with it because it makes sense with it when they are teaching it’s not just f this and f that we might be talking about poetry and they use some profanity then so I don’t mind it aslong as it’s just for no reason at all.
Ron Phillips 3B......
Yes teacher curse and so do students but, I think if a student get in trouble for cursing at a teacher, a teacher should get in trouble for cursing at a studen, And @Christian being black or any kind race don't give you a reason to curse at anyone, and I do agree with the law, right is right and wrong is wrong.
I Have 2 Opinions About This Situation. I Think That If Kids Curse At Teachers Then The Teachers Should Be Able To Curse Back But The Teachers Shouldnt Just Curse Wenever They Feel Like It Cause That Wouldnt Set A Good Example For The Kids. Me Personally Have Never Cursed At A Teacher Cause I Am Respectful And I Have Never Had A Teacher Curse At Me.
Domonique Moore 2-A
I have had plenty of teachers curse at me. When teachers curse at students they should get in trouble by their boss but no i dont think they should get fired. Teachers have tenure so its not like they can get fired for cursing at a student. Some people curse when their expressing how they feel and you cant get mad at someone for sharing their thoughts. Alot of students curse because they think its cool and they try to impress their friends. I dont agree with the new law in Arizona
None of my teachers have actually cures at me.I have teachers that do curse in front of us. No a teacher shouldn't be fired for cursing, that's just there way of expressing there selves just as we do. If i did curse in front of my teacher it probably slipped out because i think its disrespectful to do that if Im not goin to curse in front of my parents then im not going to curse in front of my teacher.No I do not agree with this new law.It should be just to different schools.
Maya Robinson
4/A
i don't recall any teacher cursing at me or me at them but i have cursed around them a few times. i really don't think they should get fired because its not like we don't know/use the words already. the only time they should get fired if they say it around/to a lil elementary kid. the only time that i actually got in trouble for cursing was in 9th grade when i said b**** out loud to a girl because she got me mad and Feazel heard only me cursing she asked me question and told me i couldn't come back to school with out a parent. so i told my dad he wasn't he wasn't happy when i told him but he got mad about the questions she asked me. in the end i do and don't agree depending of the age.
*^Paula Ramos 4-A^*
No teacher has cursed at me since i been in school . But if a teacher swears they shouldn't be fired because some students need to be put in there place. That's Dum if a teacher gets fired for swearing then a student should get suspended. It's been plenty of times Ii cursed in front of my teacher and they did nothing . So if us swearing isn't so important then it shouldn't be a problem when they do it to us. The punishment should be fair
The only time I ever cursed around my teacher was because we had a very good relashionship. There was a situation where the principal thought I gave my essay to another student to copy, but that student stole mine without me knowing. That teacher taught the class where this situation took place. I was upset about it, and I had to show my teacher this conversation via text messege that I had with the student that stole my essay to prove to her that I wasn't lying. That conversation had an "F" bomb in it, but she didn't care because I wasn't directing it towards her, and we had a good relashionship, so she didn't think to say anything to me about it.
Post a Comment