What is the issue that needs to be compromised? How does Obama feel about it? How does the Church feel about it? What is the current compromise? Do you feel that this is a good compromise? Why or why not?
36 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Allow employers who object to contraception on religious grounds to usher employees into side deals with insurance companies, freeing religiously affiliated organizations from having to directly provide birth control coverage themselves. Obama think he is doing good by it but the church don't the overture. My though of this topic is little. I believe that Obama is tring his hardest to make something work out of this job he took on. So i hope he just keep fighting until the very end.
The Catholic Church gets to be hypocritical, cover up sex abuse scandals, and use a don't ask-don't tell (your-sin) policy when it comes to their own members, otherwise risk losing them. But they conveniently remember their "conscience" when it comes to dictating what women do with their own bodies. And remember these are contraceptives NOT abortions we are talking about here - just to be clear. Even if life begins at conception, that argument is 100% irrelevant in this discussion.
They should be given to the students not the employees.My problem is with the catholic priest that like to molest a dozen boys and keep it quiet between him and the parents.I don't think that Obama should limit this to a certain religion he should focus on races.I think he should dispense them to the people that multiply exponentially,Mexicans and Asians.Mexican and Asian babies shoot out wombs at a rate of at least 10per second.Cut the bull Obama change your rules.
The issue that needs to be compromised is Catholics institutions do not want to provide contraceptives for their employees because it is considered a sin in the Catholic church. He thinks that the Catholic church should be able to express their religion in any way necessary. This is why he compromised with them. The church is not happy with the decision. They continue to feel as if they are providing contraceptives. They think that they are being forced to support another man's grave sin. The compromise now allows employers who object to contraception on religious grounds to usher employees into side deals with insurance companies, freeing religiously affiliated organizations from having to directly provide birth control coverage themselves. My opinion favors both sides. The Catholics do not want to be affiliated with contraceptives at all, so they should be able to not provide contraceptives to their employees. If the employees do not like this, they do not have to work there. I like the compromise because it gets contraceptives off of the hands of the Catholics, while giving employess access to contraceptives if wanted.
I think Obama is really trying to help secure Catholics when it comes to contraceptives. It will be decreasing the chances of pregnancy for Catholics therefore taking some of the burden off their hands. The only problem with this is that someone has to pay for it and I'm not sure where that money comes from but other than that this is a real aid to those who can't pay the $20 per year.
Well, it seems that the problem is the fact that President Obama is trying to compromise with many church officials and religious figures on the subject of including "copay-free contraception" in the employees' insurance policy. However, many religious figures oppose this compromise as premarital sex is a sin, and honestly if I had to choose a side, then I'd have to side with the religious point-of-view: it seems to be a blatant disregard for the religion, which is more important to some people than the capitalist factor: money.
From reading this article i think the main topic of it was to compromise how people were recieving or how much they were paying for the contraceptives. Obama doesn't feel like he has much support that he would like, so if this starts to evolve into a conflict maybe he would think to change his mind. Honestly, I really didnt pick-up on how the churches feel even afters go over it again. I don't really think that they got a chance to put in their thoughts on the situation.
I feel That they are not being fair to people and themselves and i also believe that people should be able to do what they want cause if they get pregnert and dont want the baby they will kill it so why not allow birth control and obama believe that its doing a great job'
Obama administration is offering an accommodation to U.S. Catholic bishops and other critics of a new federal rule thatrequires religiously affiliated hospitals, charities, and universities to provide their employees insurance with copay-free contraception. Obama's compromise which he announced Friday would essentially allow employers who object to contraception on religious grounds to usher employees into side deals with insurance companies, freeing religiously affiliated organizations from having to directly provide birth control coverage themselves.
The issue being debated is on matters of contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Obama feels that making a compromise with religious affiliated institutions to provide free contraception and allow employers who reject contraception to usher side deals with insurance companies. Most members of the church agree it on it except the bishops. So over all i think this comprise can help regulate the costs of unwanted pregnancies each year however if insurance companies are the one's pricing contraception material is effects the cost institutions have to pay. Which could cause some sort of discrepancy in the compromise.
The church could give out condoms and pills to stop child birth. And abortions since the church is against that. Obama feels that this religious affiliate will help the U.S. This Could most likely lower teen pregnancies around the U.S.A Maybe the world even.
I think the church should be allowed to give out condoms . However , they shouldnt be supporting abortions. People make decisions to have sex . Although teenage pregnancy rates are very high , to abort a baby is very heartless . The only reason I can see why somebody considers abortion is if they got raped. Dyamond Nelson 2b
I think the church should be allowed to give out condoms . However , they shouldnt be supporting abortions. People make decisions to have sex . Although teenage pregnancy rates are very high , to abort a baby is very heartless . The only reason I can see why somebody considers abortion is if they got raped. Dyamond Nelson 2b
What is the issue that needs to be compromised? How does Obama feel about it? How does the Church feel about it? What is the current compromise? Do you feel that this is a good compromise? Why or why not?
Obama administration is offering an accommodation to U.S. Catholic bishops and other critics of a new federal rule thatrequires religiously affiliated hospitals, charities, and universities to provide their employees insurance with copay-free contraception. Obama feels that this would lower the amount of teen pregnancies as well as abortion rates. catholic's are "very pleased" with the religious exemption, saying that it "protects the religious liberty and conscience rights of Catholic institutions the bishops don't agree with this. The compromise now allows employers who object to contraception on religious grounds to usher employees into side deals with insurance companies, freeing religiously affiliated organizations from having to directly provide birth control coverage themselves. I Feel that this is a good comprise and bad because it can help a lot even though its a big sin to them and it s bad because it simply not in there religion and they should stand up for what they believe in.
I think churches should give out condoms and pills to a certain extent. Also they shouldn't support and rave about abortion because killing a baby is wrong and very heartless.
I think churches should give out condoms and pills to a certain extent. Also they shouldn't support and rave about abortion because killing a baby is wrong and very heartless.
i dont think the churches should give out condoms and pills because thats like going against the religion because we teach to have sex when married but if you sin and dont follow that then that is on your you took the risk to not follow the bible and what was taught to you in church
The issue that needs to be compromised is whether or not they should pass out contraceptives. Obama feels that it is a good idea to do this. This can help prevent unplanned pregnancies and abortions. The churches do not agree with this because this is going against their religion. I think that this is a good idea. Because no matter what your religion there is always going to those people who are going to go against it and do what they want.
The issue that need to be comprised is whether young teens should receive birth control or condoms. Obama feels that they are making the right choice by passing out condoms and birth control. The church doesn't agree with this because they feel is it promoting sex and against their religion. I believe this is a good idea because if you pass it out they will use it more.
This is like watching a battle between Democrats and Republicans. Neither side is willing to listen to the other side to try to figure out a compromise. Both sides would rather play to their supporters to show how pure they are in their ideals. Just like every other political battle, unless they are willing to sit down and thrash out their differences, there will be no solution. Unfortunately, both sides are happy with that.
I think that churches should give out condoms and birth control peels because it will bring teen oregnacy down but on the other hand they should not support abortions unless the person was raped.
I think that churches should give out condoms and birth control peels because it will bring teen oregnacy down but on the other hand they should not support abortions unless the person was raped.
From the article, the issue that is needed to be compromised is birth control and Obama believes birth control shouldn't be handled by a religion and should be handled by the government. The current compromise is Obama would have to find a way to organize or fix the price for people to provide their birth control without trying to have their religion provide a way to stop youth pregnancy. The compromise could be helpful since birth control would be able to stop the pregnancy of the youth and the compromise could help religion not deal with the preparation of people for contraception.
The issue being compromised is "Free Contraception" I guess people are saying it still violates religious views in the catholic church for sex and birth control. I feel its a good compromise even from a religious view, eventually you are going to get an urge and you are going to want to have sex, why not have free condoms and stuff... its EASY
The issue that needs tyo be compromised is passing out birth control in order to prevent unwanted pregnancy's. Obama feels that is a good way of passing birth control around to prevent abortions. The church feels that is a bad thing because is a way of promoting sex around and is against their religion. I think that is a good compromise because it can lowwer the rate of abortion in teenagers.
I think the churches should accept the condoms and pass them out just to test them and see what it do to the community but I don't think some religions will accept this offer because thy might think its a bad influence on kids to want more sex !!
The issue that needs to be compromised is birth control. Obama feels that its some what of a good thing because it might help the Catholic community or maybe not. The church thinks its a bad idea. I feel that its good to compromise with another religion but if the other religion doesn't like your compromise than i guess it wont happen. KAYLA MITCHAM 3B
The Issue That Needs To Be Compromised Is That Obama Is Giving Out Birth Control To The Church To Limit Abortions. The Church Does Not Want To Participate In It. I Think It Is Good For Alot Of People And For The Church Since They Are Against Abortions!
the issue that needs to be compromised is birth control. Obama feels that it is a good idea because it helps the Catholics. the church feels that it is not a good idea. i do feel that it is a good compromise except he needs to fix the price.
Well I guess this can be good in certain ways but I doubt everybody would do this because some people would be scared to how their parents would react. But then I guess this would benefit some households. I mean because I would rather just not worry about these things but since it does happen I say do it just to be safe. Craig Williams 3B
Josh.W 2B I think the Obama administration's original intentions for the idea planned we're good however since he's not Catholic he probably could not understand the issue contradicting birth control between religions my personal opinion is government should not interfere with religion because it just creates a whole bunch of conflicts with religious leaders on the other hand if you look at though the government does have the power to override what the Catholics can do but however religion is part of the Constitution so its a contradiction and probably would create a lot of drama..josh.w 2b
The issuse that needs to be compromised is the passing of birth control for catholics. Obama feels as he is helping the catholics and insurance companies out. Most of the church agrees with his plan but others they are going the plan. I think its a good compromise to help out on unwanted pregnacnies and and teenagers havinggg babies.
Why is the government getting invovled with the church. Isn't this violating the first amendment. Freedom of religion, but like away the government does not care. Im trying tell you guys the government is slowly, but sure destroying the amendments. Thing havent been looking since and keeps getting worst day after day.
The Issue That I Think That They Are Tryna Get Across Is That Teens That Are Sexually Active Should Be Smart About It Use Protection. Obama I Think Feels That all Female Catholic Should Use Birth Control Because The Whole point Of It Is Soo U Wont Get Pregnant Is What Im Guessing.
The issue is that Obama is trying to convince the Catholic Church to be on board with his Birth Control Plan. He feels that it is a fair deal and that no one has to feel like they are going against their religion. The church is on board with it but its the people do not agree with it. The current compromise is that the Catholic who want birth control get it for free and the church doesn't have to give it out someone on the side does that. I do feel like it is a good compromise because that way you won't have to feel like your going against your religion and the other person can get their birth control without having to be judged.
36 comments:
Allow employers who object to contraception on religious grounds to usher employees into side deals with insurance companies, freeing religiously affiliated organizations from having to directly provide birth control coverage themselves. Obama think he is doing good by it but the church don't the overture. My though of this topic is little. I believe that Obama is tring his hardest to make something work out of this job he took on. So i hope he just keep fighting until the very end.
The answer above this comment is Demetrius Lofton 1A. Forgot to write my Name lol.
Adam Pinkney 4A
The Catholic Church gets to be hypocritical, cover up sex abuse scandals, and use a don't ask-don't tell (your-sin) policy when it comes to their own members, otherwise risk losing them. But they conveniently remember their "conscience" when it comes to dictating what women do with their own bodies. And remember these are contraceptives NOT abortions we are talking about here - just to be clear. Even if life begins at conception, that argument is 100% irrelevant in this discussion.
They should be given to the students not the employees.My problem is with the catholic priest that like to molest a dozen boys and keep it quiet between him and the parents.I don't think that Obama should limit this to a certain religion he should focus on races.I think he should dispense them to the people that multiply exponentially,Mexicans and Asians.Mexican and Asian babies shoot out wombs at a rate of at least 10per second.Cut the bull Obama change your rules.
The issue that needs to be compromised is Catholics institutions do not want to provide contraceptives for their employees because it is considered a sin in the Catholic church. He thinks that the Catholic church should be able to express their religion in any way necessary. This is why he compromised with them. The church is not happy with the decision. They continue to feel as if they are providing contraceptives. They think that they are being forced to support another man's grave sin. The compromise now allows employers who object to contraception on religious grounds to usher employees into side deals with insurance companies, freeing religiously affiliated organizations from having to directly provide birth control coverage themselves. My opinion favors both sides. The Catholics do not want to be affiliated with contraceptives at all, so they should be able to not provide contraceptives to their employees. If the employees do not like this, they do not have to work there. I like the compromise because it gets contraceptives off of the hands of the Catholics, while giving employess access to contraceptives if wanted.
I think Obama is really trying to help secure Catholics when it comes to contraceptives. It will be decreasing the chances of pregnancy for Catholics therefore taking some of the burden off their hands. The only problem with this is that someone has to pay for it and I'm not sure where that money comes from but other than that this is a real aid to those who can't pay the $20 per year.
Well, it seems that the problem is the fact that President Obama is trying to compromise with many church officials and religious figures on the subject of including "copay-free contraception" in the employees' insurance policy. However, many religious figures oppose this compromise as premarital sex is a sin, and honestly if I had to choose a side, then I'd have to side with the religious point-of-view: it seems to be a blatant disregard for the religion, which is more important to some people than the capitalist factor: money.
From reading this article i think the main topic of it was to compromise how people were recieving or how much they were paying for the contraceptives. Obama doesn't feel like he has much support that he would like, so if this starts to evolve into a conflict maybe he would think to change his mind. Honestly, I really didnt pick-up on how the churches feel even afters go over it again. I don't really think that they got a chance to put in their thoughts on the situation.
Ron Phillips.... 3B
I feel That they are not being fair to people and themselves and i also believe that people should be able to do what they want cause if they get pregnert and dont want the baby they will kill it so why not allow birth control and obama believe that its doing a great job'
Tarik Smith Jr. A1
Obama administration is offering an accommodation to U.S. Catholic bishops and other critics of a new federal rule thatrequires religiously affiliated hospitals, charities, and universities to provide their employees insurance with copay-free contraception. Obama's compromise which he announced Friday would essentially allow employers who object to contraception on religious grounds to usher employees into side deals with insurance companies, freeing religiously affiliated organizations from having to directly provide birth control coverage themselves.
The issue being debated is on matters of contraception to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Obama feels that making a compromise with religious affiliated institutions to provide free contraception and allow employers who reject contraception to usher side deals with insurance companies. Most members of the church agree it on it except the bishops. So over all i think this comprise can help regulate the costs of unwanted pregnancies each year however if insurance companies are the one's pricing contraception material is effects the cost institutions have to pay. Which could cause some sort of discrepancy in the compromise.
The church could give out condoms and pills to stop child birth. And abortions since the church is against that. Obama feels that this religious affiliate will help the U.S. This Could most likely lower teen pregnancies around the U.S.A Maybe the world even.
I think the church should be allowed to give out condoms . However , they shouldnt be supporting abortions. People make decisions to have sex . Although teenage pregnancy rates are very high , to abort a baby is very heartless . The only reason I can see why somebody considers abortion is if they got raped.
Dyamond Nelson
2b
I think the church should be allowed to give out condoms . However , they shouldnt be supporting abortions. People make decisions to have sex . Although teenage pregnancy rates are very high , to abort a baby is very heartless . The only reason I can see why somebody considers abortion is if they got raped.
Dyamond Nelson
2b
What is the issue that needs to be compromised? How does Obama feel about it? How does the Church feel about it? What is the current compromise? Do you feel that this is a good compromise? Why or why not?
Obama administration is offering an accommodation to U.S. Catholic bishops and other critics of a new federal rule thatrequires religiously affiliated hospitals, charities, and universities to provide their employees insurance with copay-free contraception. Obama feels that this would lower the amount of teen pregnancies as well as abortion rates. catholic's are "very pleased" with the religious exemption, saying that it "protects the religious liberty and conscience rights of Catholic institutions the bishops don't agree with this. The compromise now allows employers who object to contraception on religious grounds to usher employees into side deals with insurance companies, freeing religiously affiliated organizations from having to directly provide birth control coverage themselves. I Feel that this is a good comprise and bad because it can help a lot even though its a big sin to them and it s bad because it simply not in there religion and they should stand up for what they believe in.
-Kristen Young
-1B
I think churches should give out condoms and pills to a certain extent. Also they shouldn't support and rave about abortion because killing a baby is wrong and very heartless.
I think churches should give out condoms and pills to a certain extent. Also they shouldn't support and rave about abortion because killing a baby is wrong and very heartless.
i dont think the churches should give out condoms and pills because thats like going against the religion because we teach to have sex when married but if you sin and dont follow that then that is on your you took the risk to not follow the bible and what was taught to you in church
kevin holston 2B
The issue that needs to be compromised is whether or not they should pass out contraceptives. Obama feels that it is a good idea to do this. This can help prevent unplanned pregnancies and abortions. The churches do not agree with this because this is going against their religion. I think that this is a good idea. Because no matter what your religion there is always going to those people who are going to go against it and do what they want.
The issue that need to be comprised is whether young teens should receive birth control or condoms. Obama feels that they are making the right choice by passing out condoms and birth control. The church doesn't agree with this because they feel is it promoting sex and against their religion. I believe this is a good idea because if you pass it out they will use it more.
This is like watching a battle between Democrats and Republicans. Neither side is willing to listen to the other side to try to figure out a compromise. Both sides would rather play to their supporters to show how pure they are in their ideals. Just like every other political battle, unless they are willing to sit down and thrash out their differences, there will be no solution. Unfortunately, both sides are happy with that.
I think that churches should give out condoms and birth control peels because it will bring teen oregnacy down but on the other hand they should not support abortions unless the person was raped.
Romello Collier 4A
I think that churches should give out condoms and birth control peels because it will bring teen oregnacy down but on the other hand they should not support abortions unless the person was raped.
Romello Collier 4A
From the article, the issue that is needed to be compromised is birth control and Obama believes birth control shouldn't be handled by a religion and should be handled by the government. The current compromise is Obama would have to find a way to organize or fix the price for people to provide their birth control without trying to have their religion provide a way to stop youth pregnancy. The compromise could be helpful since birth control would be able to stop the pregnancy of the youth and the compromise could help religion not deal with the preparation of people for contraception.
The issue being compromised is "Free Contraception" I guess people are saying it still violates religious views in the catholic church for sex and birth control. I feel its a good compromise even from a religious view, eventually you are going to get an urge and you are going to want to have sex, why not have free condoms and stuff... its EASY
Viviana 1A
The issue that needs tyo be compromised is passing out birth control in order to prevent unwanted pregnancy's. Obama feels that is a good way of passing birth control around to prevent abortions. The church feels that is a bad thing because is a way of promoting sex around and is against their religion. I think that is a good compromise because it can lowwer the rate of abortion in teenagers.
I think the churches should accept the condoms and pass them out just to test them and see what it do to the community but I don't think some religions will accept this offer because thy might think its a bad influence on kids to want more sex !!
The issue that needs to be compromised is birth control. Obama feels that its some what of a good thing because it might help the Catholic community or maybe not. The church thinks its a bad idea. I feel that its good to compromise with another religion but if the other religion doesn't like your compromise than i guess it wont happen.
KAYLA MITCHAM 3B
The Issue That Needs To Be Compromised Is That Obama Is Giving Out Birth Control To The Church To Limit Abortions. The Church Does Not Want To Participate In It. I Think It Is Good For Alot Of People And For The Church Since They Are Against Abortions!
KaylaFaulk:3B
the issue that needs to be compromised is birth control. Obama feels that it is a good idea because it helps the Catholics. the church feels that it is not a good idea. i do feel that it is a good compromise except he needs to fix the price.
Aneya Dixon
period 3B
Well I guess this can be good in certain ways but I doubt everybody would do this because some people would be scared to how their parents would react. But then I guess this would benefit some households. I mean because I would rather just not worry about these things but since it does happen I say do it just to be safe.
Craig Williams
3B
Josh.W 2B I think the Obama administration's original intentions for the idea planned we're good however since he's not Catholic he probably could not understand the issue contradicting birth control between religions my personal opinion is government should not interfere with religion because it just creates a whole bunch of conflicts with religious leaders on the other hand if you look at though the government does have the power to override what the Catholics can do but however religion is part of the Constitution so its a contradiction and probably would create a lot of drama..josh.w 2b
The issuse that needs to be compromised is the passing of birth control for catholics. Obama feels as he is helping the catholics and insurance companies out. Most of the church agrees with his plan but others they are going the plan. I think its a good compromise to help out on unwanted pregnacnies and and teenagers havinggg babies.
Why is the government getting invovled with the church. Isn't this violating the first amendment. Freedom of religion, but like away the government does not care. Im trying tell you guys the government is slowly, but sure destroying the amendments. Thing havent been looking since and keeps getting worst day after day.
The Issue That I Think That They Are Tryna Get Across Is That Teens That Are Sexually Active Should Be Smart About It Use Protection. Obama I Think Feels That all Female Catholic Should Use Birth Control Because The Whole point Of It Is Soo U Wont Get Pregnant Is What Im Guessing.
Eric Datcher Jr. 2B
The issue is that Obama is trying to convince the Catholic Church to be on board with his Birth Control Plan. He feels that it is a fair deal and that no one has to feel like they are going against their religion. The church is on board with it but its the people do not agree with it. The current compromise is that the Catholic who want birth control get it for free and the church doesn't have to give it out someone on the side does that. I do feel like it is a good compromise because that way you won't have to feel like your going against your religion and the other person can get their birth control without having to be judged.
Post a Comment