Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gas Prices: Who is to Blame and How Can we FIX THEM!?

Who do we blame for high gas prices??

Read Here

What is the Republican suggestion for lowering gas prices? What is Obama's idea? Which one do you agree with, and why??
Skyrocketing gas prices in 2008: Some say the cost of fuel, which is climbing once again, could reach $5 per gallon in many parts of the country this summer.

42 comments:

Dale Cole 1B said...

In My opinion I agree with Obama's point of view on natural renewable resources because oil is not renewable. Not to the mention the Fundamentals of drilling cause destruction to our land, harming the environment.But also the GOP( Republican party are exploiting gas prices as they rise for a reason to drill for more oil. This all goes back to oil not being renewable source. Which makes me ascertain to some form or corruption or manipulation at play here.

Gabrielle Griffin said...

Gabrielle Griffin

The Republican suggestion is that Obama has denied oil companies the chance to drill for more domestic oil. Obama says that the uprising gas prices are so they can exploit voters fuel frustrations forpolitical gain. I agree with theRepublicans view becuase why should you cut of drilling in the us. it will be cheaper to get the oil from here.

Anonymous said...

Domonique Moore 2a
President Obama suggest that there are no quick fixes. Republicans are blaming Obama for this situation. I agree with the Republicans view because obama wasnt really focusing on gas prices but i do think you should cut off drilling in the u.s

Deyonna said...

I blame the Republicans for high gas prices. The Republicans think that gas prices should be lowered but they are exploiting gas prices as they rise, which is causing a need to drill more. Obama thinks that, they should cut off drilling in the U.S. I agree with Obama because, I think we should have natrual renewable resources.

Deyonna Butts Pd.3B

Anonymous said...

I agree with Obama's compromise and republicans are the cause of high gas prices. Obama is only raising the issue of high prices to promote his push for increasing renewable energy sources. During the recession gas prices are one of the issues or problems as to the loss of money from citizens. Gas prices are one of the most biggest complaints. Obama wants to in fact decrease these issues so that our economy can grow on a higher and more positive level and pack our country onto the road of success.

Karisa Johnson 4A

Anonymous said...

the republicans suggestion is that obama is the cause of the gas prices raising because they claim he has denied the oil companies a chance to drill for domestic oil. obama's idea is to increase renewable energy sources, i agree with president obama's idea because if you find a new energy source for automobiles and wont have to use gas as much.
Deaunte Watson 4A

Langston Parker said...

I immediately blame the government for the gas prices they are some son of a *******. Plenty of people have found ways for altternative fuels. I forget his name but there was a guy that made a car that ran on water. The amount of water on this earth is unlimited this would mean fuel is free except maybe the extra bill for the water.secret people in many of the large oil company offered this man up to a billion dollars to stop. If there was an alternative fuel people would'nt have worry about how to put food on the table.This is some bull****. These big companies need to get put to a ****** stop they are robbing people for money so just now I got my middle fingers up to the people that are robbing us. *** the 1%

Anonymous said...

the republican suggest that obama is the reason for the rising gas prices for "upstick which could reach 5$ per gallon. they said he has denied oil companies the chance to drill for more domestic oil. Obama is "raising the issue of high prices to promote" his push for increasing renewable energy sources, and to "blunt criticism" i agree with this cause i think in the long run it will lower gas prices
XAVIER DENNIS

Jarrel Bailey said...

The republicans suggestion to lower gas prices was to make oil companies drill for more domestic oil. But Obama denied it. I agree with Obama's idea because he is demoncratic and I am a democrat. I do not trust republicans, I believe that they are lyers. So in all I am with Obama with this idea.

Anonymous said...

Ron Phillips... 3B

Its really not anyone to blame but i do agree with Obama why man lower gas iand make companies drill for more domestic oil. I Think its sad that they would want to do something like that but it goes to show what the U.S about.

Anonymous said...

George W bush and his squad because he messed us up when he was president and left our country brokedown and in a bad recession they say we recovering from that recession but that is not true we still in then same situation
taqiyyah recio

Micah Peele 1-A said...

The republican suggestion for lowering prices is to continue domestic drilling. Obama believes that the higher prices will encourage the use of alternative energy sources. I agree with Obama because energy fueled by combustion is harming the Earth and the use of alternative energy sources would help with this issue.

Thomas 1B said...

The repuplicans claim that Obama is denying oil companies the opportunity to drill for more domestic oil. Obama says that the gas prices are rising so they can exploiy the voters fuel complains. But I do agree with the republicans because getting oil from our own country would be cheaper.

Rayven Jones 2A said...

The Republicans are suggesting that we drill more holes and unblock one of the gas lines so that gas prices can go down. Obama idea is to promote for renewable energy sources. I agree with Obama idea because we need to start using renewable energy sources so that we can help the environment.

DanielSeay1A said...

Well, it seems that the Republicans are suggesting that these high gas prices are partly Obama's fault because he's openly denied some oil companies the chance to drill for domestic oil, and if we allow that, then they feel we wouldn't need to rely so heavily on foreign oil. Then again, it's obviously not Obama's fault because the price of gas is not a domestic issue, but since it's foreign oil, it's an uncontrollable issue (the threat of war in Iran).

kyle javier 1A said...

The republican's suggestion for lowering gas prices is to drill for more gas. Obama pushes his prices because he wants to promote renewable energy resourses and conserve our land by denying drilling. I agree with the republican's suggestion because the gas prices are cutting are pay checks and i dont think it should be a real issue for the enviornment either.

DeAndre' Davis 2A said...

I think President Obama is correct about using natural resources. Instead he wants to use renewable energy because it would be helpful to the environment and it would help us as citizens for gas prices because if we keep having to raise gas prices that means we are destroying our environment by drilling over and over for gas.

Anonymous said...

Adam Pinkney 4A

Well the Republicans are using this issue to try and defeat Obama. They just want to go ahead and start drilling away.Obama just wants to exploit high gas prices in his campaign so he can increase the renewable energy sources. I agree with Obama because oil is not renewable so we can't just keep drilling away. Like it says in the article, anytime "politicians are talking about the price of gas, they are talking nonsense." All these republicans want to do is accuse Obama.

I'mUptown_ said...

Terrell Proctor
2A

They are suggesting lower prices so this way they make Obama seem like he doesn't want to lower the gas prices, but to raise them even to $5.00 a gallon. Obama is being blamed for raising the gas prices so everyone would think negative of him. And so that way no one would vote for him again. I Believe that Obama is not raising gas prices so i believe that Obama is telling the truth and the republicans are lying.

Anonymous said...

The Republicans suggestion is to drill for more oil and obama's idea is to look for ways of using renewable energy. what the republicans are doing is that they are blaming Obama for the high gas prices and making people think bad of him so that he wouldn't get re-elected. i agree with Obama because in my opinion he is looking for more good ways to help the country.
Belky Carbajal
Period:4a

Viviana Guerrero 1A said...

The Republican suggestion is to drill for more oil in order to lower the gas prices. Obama idea is to promote more energy. He is blame for no reason because he is trying to find ways to lower the gas prices.

Samira Best 2B said...

I agree with Obama we need to use more renewalbe resources. Oil is nowhere near renewable in anyway. Its also killing our planet and atmosphere. Gas stinks also we need to stop using it.

Michael West said...

Michael West 4A We need to make our economy better.We need renewable resources that would not kill our world.

Rashad Atkins 4A said...

I think republicans would think it is obama's fault. I know Barack Obama is still working his but off to lower these gas prices he is a man of his words. I this Obama is gong to lower the gas prices as soon as possible. I think His main focus is debt then gas prices then everything else.

Kelly Catama: 2B said...

The Republican's suggestion on lowering gas prices is to drill in America for our own gas and Obama's idea is to get more domestic oil. In order to keep our country safe and more environmental,I agree with Obama's idea because getting renewable energy resources is better than just drilling from a place in America when it's not a renewable energy resource.

Mercedes 1a said...

Their suggestion is to let Oil companies drill as much oil as they want. They are basically targeting Obama so that they have more of a chance of winning the election. Obama's idea is to start using more renewable energy sources. I agree with Obama because I believe that we should stop hurting the environment so much just for our needs.

Anonymous said...

THe republicans think we should drill in our own country for gas. I know Obama is doing his best to lower the gas prices. I agree with obama choice.

Romello Collier 4A

Sean Williams 4A said...

In my opinion i think President Obama is responsible for raising the gas prices. Because in the article it said Obama denied oil campanies the chance to drill for more domestic oil, and that there are no quick fixes.

Antoinette Mason 1B said...

President Obama wants to cut off drilling oils where republicans are for drilling. Personally I don't know who's side to go on since my knowledge on oil is low. But it seems like common since to keep drilling out of it. So i'll be on Obama's side.

JasminexHawkins 1B said...

What is the Republican suggestion for lowering gas prices?
The Republican believe that we should drill in America for oil and gas. These extra resources will decrease the amount of money need per gallon.
What is Obama's idea?
Obama believes that gas prices should be raised until more decide to use his cheaper renewable energy sources.
Which one do you agree with, and why??
I agree with Obama, the enviorment is strained as is and we need to start using renewable natural energy. However I question whether we can change to a different energy source without spending alot of money.

Pico Cross said...

Obama is only taking credit for the exploration Bush granted years ago..granted there are many variables involved in the price of oil; but supply is a huge one and for those Obama lovers.

RaVon D. said...

I agree with obama because by drilling and drilling more into the earth is harming the envirment and if he has to raise gas prices until more people decide to use his cheaper renewable energy source..Natural renewable resources over non renewable sources because oil is not renewable

Anonymous said...

Maurice Nicholson 3B

I know that President Obama is working hard to fix the problem with gas, but he need to hurry up because too many people are complaining about gas to much. The Republicans idea on lowering the gas prices is to drill to find more oil and that is not that good of a idea because of the mess that would happen.Obama's idea on the problem is to raise the prices and then renewable resouces to fix the problem. It maybe sound dumb but Mr. Prez maybe got something up his selve. I will go with the Republicans, with drill more because we probably have alot if oil but we are not using it. If Newt Gingrich could lower the gas prices to $2.50 he would get my vote on his second term if he become president this year.

Danae NayNay said...

The Republicans suggestion for lowering gas prices is that drill here and keep on promoting drilling so that we won't have to pay a lot for gas. Obama's idea has to deal with domestic oil and other ways for energy and oil. I agree with the republicans because they more we drill I think the lower the gas prices go down.

Anonymous said...

Yes because it would help the economy. Obama does not agree with it. He believes we should use natural resources. I agree with the Republicans for lowering gas prices. However they would also be doing wrong in continuing so much drilling. I agree with Obama that we should not drill as much. We should have more natural types of fuel as well other than gasoline.

Tariq Abdullah 2A

Anonymous said...

We All Know That Obama Is Trying His Hardest. He Knows That Gas Is Ridiculous Now At 3:69 And That It Will Keep Rising But He Will Let It Go As High Until The Problem Is Fixed The Republicans Want To Drill But That Will Cause Mutiple Problems. Obama Will Fight Until He Know The Problem Is Fixed But Once Its Fixed The Prices Will Go Up And Then Of Course Come Down. Obama Is Working Hard He Too Want The World To Be Different Ebony Thornton 2A

Steven Turrentine 1A said...

I agree with obama because he's actually trying to fix the problem without causing extra commotion and the republicans are tyring to drill and that's goin 2 cause an even bigger problem. All thoe obama is taking his time on trying to get things fixed I feel as thoe that he's also fighting his hardest.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Obama because He is the president and he is trying to change the gas prices. He wants to use natural.

Deche Neal

Airy tilghman 1B said...

In My opinion I agree with Obama's point of view on natural renewable resources because oil is not renewable.& also because he's actually trying to fix the problem without causing problems. But i also agree with the republicans because they are more for the drills that will lower the gas prices.I have came to my conclusion that its Natural renewable resources over non renewable sources because oil is not renewable.

Anonymous said...

My belief Obama’s point of view on natural renewable resources because oil is not renewable, Not to the remark the Basics of piercing cause demolition to our property, harming the environment. Then GOP Republican party is abusing gas prices as they rise for a reason to drill for more oil. This all goes back to oil not being renewable source. This makes me determine to find some form of corruption or manipulation at play here. The suggestion for lowering prices is to continue domestic drilling. Obama trusts that the higher prices will encourage the use of alternative energy sources. I honestly just believes that the government is corrupt no matter what Obama does or does not do the world will find another way of throwing something on Obama.
CHARLENE TALBOTT 1A

Kayla Jackson 3B said...

The Republican suggestion for lowering gas prices is to drill for more domestic oil. Obama wants to continue to increase renewable energy sources. I agree with drilling fore more domestic oil. I believe that it will greatly decrease the price of oil. The Obama administration is afraid of oil spills. If this occurs, repairs will cost an amount of money that will put our nation under debt even more.

Anonymous said...

i blame George Bush for the gas being so high because before he came in office gas was at a good price and my mother was not really upset with it then as she is now.So i blame Bush for this and i hope somebody fix it before i start driving

Dervonte Rountree 3b