Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 23, 2012

WooHoo 3rd Quarter!!!!

Hooray!!!!! We've made it to the halfway point! What a great time to reflect and see what we have accomplished thus far. It is also a great time to make changes if we are not happy with what we have accomplished.


Do you know how to figure out what grades you need to pass your classes?? Lets take a minute to calculate:

To pass a full year class you need 240 points by the end of the year. Thats an average of a 60% all 4 quarters. Lets say you have failed your first 2 quarters, worst case scenario.

45 (1st) + 45 (2nd) + ? (3rd) + ? (4th) = 240
45+45 = 90 (points earned thus far)
240-90 = 150 (points still needed to pass)
150/2 = 75 (2 quarters left to get those 150 points)
This means you need to get a 75% or higher for both the 3rd and 4th quarter.
You can still pass for the year, it's time to get to work!!!!!!!!!!

For a semester long class you only need 120 points. Whatever points you don't get in the first quarter you MUST get in the second.

45+?=120
120-45=75
So if you got a 45 the first quarter you need to make sure you get a 75 the second.

So now you know how to make sure you pass all of your classes this year. Hopefully you all are getting A's and B's all year long! Remember - you need the bare minimum to just pass but you need much higher to participate in sports and even better to get into college!

Lastly, I want to welcome the new batch of Social Issues students to our class blog. We look forward to reading your contributions for the rest of the year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I know that I am one of those people so I would like to get a chance to get a higher grade. I know what I have to do but if I dont do it I know I get a second chance by doing news articles on top of that I was wondering if I can do more than one at a time. If so how many or is it unlimited.
Maverick Clay 2a