Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/
Monday, January 23, 2012
No More Free Downloads for You!
Did you notice that Wikipedia, Craigslist, and a few other websites were not available for an entire day last week?? Read here to find out why they were protesting...
Why are websites against this new SOPA law? Why is Hollywood in favor of it? How could it affect your rights? What websites say that they will be affected by the SOPA law?
31 comments:
Chante 1A
said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1. Why are websites against this new SOPA law? -Websites are against this SOPA law due to what would happen if the law were to pass. If SOPA were to pass, this would mean that it would censor the internet. These websites would end up pointless and useless.
2. Why is Hollywood in favor of it? -Holloywood is in favor of the SOPA law because the SOPA law would blackout the sites that provide illegal content such as music, movies, and software. The reason Hollywood is in favor of it is because these websites are causing coorperations to lose revenue.
4. What websites say that they will be affected by the SOPA? - Websites that say they will be affected by the SOPA law are: ·Google ·Facebook ·Twitter ·Zynga ·eBay ·Mozilla ·Yahoo ·AOL ·Linkedln
it would affect our rights because then we can't download things that we want to that we need that we don't want to pay for so just let us be instead trying to take our rights -jamal hailey 2B
Websites that have millions of people consistently viewing, buying and downloading from it are going to have a problem with anyone that's trying to stop it. The SOPA law is basically trying to discard all websites that supply freedom to its users. People that are constantly on the computer will eventually download things and possibly spend time on social networks but these are all things that they are accustomed to. I think its wrong to try to take away websites that are so commonly used but i don't necessarily know if its our right to be allowed on these websites. Some websites are used for illegal downloading to be completely honest i love those websites but it isn't equitable to use them. I can only speak for myself when I say I truly enjoy most of the websites they are trying to get rid of and I would be affected by it.
Shaking My Head The Government Just Will Not Let Us Have One Thing That's Free In This Ruined Economy. I Don't Think It Goes Against Our Rights Or That It's Wrong Think About All The Sites That Get Music ILLEGALLY When Lil Wayne And Drake etc... Make A Album Half The Time It Get's LEAKED On The Internet Causing THEM To Loose Money. Facebook,Twitter Etc Will Be Affected They Say
SOPA can benefit and it can be an issue. The benefits are that people will stop downloading stolen movies, t.v. shows,and music. But the issues are that if people can not get those things than they may lash out and begin to do major crimes because they feel the government is against us. It may lead to huge riots,and other violent actions. Craig Williams 3B
Websites are against the new SOPA law because they restrict their rights over internet use. Also, a quote from the news article states "a serious risk to our industry's continued track record of innovation and job creation, as well as to our nation's cyber security. Hollywood is in favor of controlling rogue websites; which in turn will stop copyright infringement. The SOPA and Protect IP ACT can take away my American given right of the 1st Amendment. I cannot share or express any information I hold freely if the SOPA laws come into act. The websites that are clearly against the PIPA and SOPA movement are Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn.
I believe that the SOPA law is rediculous and i dont think that this law surd be published. I say this because in the world today we cant have abything free and im sick of it. Everyone should be able to get music, movies, etc. but no the government just wants an extra penny in their pocket and they want everything to be payed for. But they arent in the position some americans are in where money is scarse. THATS JUST MY OPINION.
I believe that the SOPA law is rediculous and i dont think that this law surd be published. I say this because in the world today we cant have abything free and im sick of it. Everyone should be able to get music, movies, etc. but no the government just wants an extra penny in their pocket and they want everything to be payed for. But they arent in the position some americans are in where money is scarse. THATS JUST MY OPINION.
The government had been taking a lot of stuff from us latly. A lot of people get free music because they can't afford it. If you can't genott free music you may not be able to listen to their favorite artist. I think they should keep everything the same. Michael West 4A
Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, and AOL are affected by and against SOPA. They are against SOPA because they believe that they are being denied of the right to protect the integrity of the global Internet and freedom of communication. Hollywood is in favor of the SOPA law because of copy right issues. They believe that their money is being stolen. They do not want the public getting anything free. SOPA violates my rights because I am unable to visit websites that I need. Is it possible that the public can make their own creations so that they do not have to pay for everything? Hollywood is already rich. How much more do they want?
Websites are against the new SOPA law because if it were to pass it would cause a lot of websites to decline because most of the websites today are used to download music, and other things like that and for the law to pass it would mean these sites would lose their traffic and usage and eventually shutdown.Hollywood is for controlling these free download sites and sites as such because it will cause people to pay for the things they would usually get for free. SOPA could affect my american rights because it would be taking away my ability to express myself freely by censoring these sites. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn are opposing SOPA because it is "a serious risk to our industry's continued track record of innovation and job creation, as well as to our nation's cybersecurity."
Websites are against the new SOPA laws because the new law would force these websites to shut down forever. I believe Hollywood is in favor of the law because these websites are causing them to lose revenue. By getting the law passed, we wouldn't be able to enjoy going on the internet as much as we did before due to all the websites they had shut down. Youtube, wikipedia, and flixr would be affected by these laws.
Most websites are against the SOPA law because if it had passed, websites would be censored and some websites would have been forced to shut down. Hollywood is in favor of it because if people can't illegally download movies and TV shows then the public would be forced to pay for it thus giving Hollywood more money. I think it affects every ones right to privacy because everything you download on your computer is personal. Mostly social networking sites and search engines.
websites are against SOPA because they will lose money and as well as not get any views, most of all shut down. Hollywood supports SOPA because they lose money from all of the free downloads and they get no profit. If everything is protected then, they would make much more money than they do. SOPA could affect my rights because the main thing i get on is Twitter and Youtube. If it is gone teens have nothing to live for anymore. The websites that will be blocked are the basics such as Google, Youtube, Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace (even though ppl dont get on), Wikipedia, etc.
I am against the sopa act because this will make it harder for kid in school and people out of school to find things faster now. I think this will disrupt our learning ability if we cannot use the internet to find out things now. I think this will affect our schools too in some type of way. But in all I highly disagree with this act I think it is just stupid !
The Websites That Are Effected By This Law That I Use Are Google,Twitter And Yahoo And I Thik This Law Should Not Be Accepted Because Mostly Every Thing We Use Is Not Free At All. So I Think We Should Get A Little Slack And I Also Think They Are Doing This Only Because The Economy Is Starting To Mess Up Worse Than What It Was Before. I AM AGINST THIS LAW 100%
I Think Websites Are Against SOPA Law Because They Are Basically Going To Loose Alot Of Money If This Law Would Get Passed. I Think Hollywood Is In Favor Of Because If It Is Passed Then People Would Stop Stealing Their Music And Movies. This Could Really Effect My Rights Because It Would Be Able To Get On The Websites I Like Or Post Certain Things I Would Like To To Express Because It Would Have Been Blocked Out. Websites That Would Have Been Effected Are: *Google *Youtube *Mozilla *Wikipedia Etc...
websites are against this new sopa law because there websites will get censored and there will really be no point in using them. hollowood is in favor of this new sopa law because people will have to buy cd's instead of downloading them for free on the internet. this could affect my rights because if you want to search up things on the internet you wont be able to view them. Deaunte Watson 4A
Why are websites against this new SOPA law? Websites are against SOPA because they feels as though the law is limiting the creativity and freedom of their users.
Why is Hollywood in favor of it? Hollywood wants to protect the internet from dangerous rogue sites that steal material. When these sites steal material, they threaten millions of jobs and steal money from those who made the product. How could it affect your rights?
What websites say that they will be affected by the SOPA law? Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn all believe they will be affected by SOPA for their links and information will be censored.
In my opinion SOPA, is America's way of becoming more like China. I believe censoring the Internet will reduce a few rogue people and websites but will ultimately contradict the rights the people have fought for and become a costume to.
The main issue with the SOPA law and PIPA act is the fact that they can block the stream of free online information that is a given treasure of the web. For the cause of censoring illegal piracy based sites.But open information and knowledge should not be a price to pay for. This would make it to easy to hid information because we would only know what they want us to know.
Websites are against SOPA because it'll block so many things on the internet; whether it would be videos, music, pictures, etc. & that was the reason why Hollywood was in favor of it. On the other hand, websites such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn opposed this because it would censor so many things on the internet & would put their website at risk, as of business; meaning that they would have to shut down.
SOPA can effect my rights because it would sensor so many things that I do, such as posting pictures, watching videos, etc. and would make it wasteful for me to be on the internet if the internet was officially censored.
I am must defineinatly against the SOPA act because we wont be able to download music, and i wont be able to tweet, and all I do is tweet and listen to music so basically most of my life will be pointless lol.
Websites are saying SOPA poses "a serious risk to our industry's continued track record of innovation and job creation, as well as to our nation's cybersecurity"; in other words, many large website industries have a problem with this bill because people will be now limited even further from accessing material on the companys' websites, as well as jobs being depleted due to all of the censorship. The people in Hollywood might be in favor of this bill so that they can get more views or attention on what they are doing, and since the bill is against copyright infringement, it would seem that they would get a bigger profit out of what they're doing sine people wouldn't be able to pirate the Internet and such.
Personally, this affects me(not necessarily negatively, but certainly radically) because I've practically built a whole life out of Internet connections; what with all of the time I spend on Facebook, YouTube, downloading MP3's and playing online games, it would certainly be a huge change in my life, however, it should be manageable to adjust.
I believe the websites that are against the sopa bill because if the bill is passed most likely their websites will be shut down and the operators of the sites could be indicted just like the Korean administrators of megaupload.com did. Hollywood is all for the bill because the bill stops online piracy of things like movies and music and Hollywood is the home of the movie industry so actor directors producer ect would be estatIc if everyone had to pay for movies because that would be more money they would bring in. Website that would be affected by sopa are Facebook,twitter,YouTube,thepiratebay, megaupload has already been affected and shut down and the administrators have been indicted
Websites are against the SOPA law becuase they cant really say what they wanna say Certain webistes lose viewers so thats whyy the internet. People are not gonna be able to have so much freedom. Websites that will be infected are Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Tumblr.
Stop Online Piracy Act tries to protect giant corporations from losing a few bucks to piracy. It would force companies to give personal permission to every single reference to them online. It would basically shut down Wikipedia, YouTube, Facebook, yahoo, and shrink Google quite a bit. Translates to censorship. Take them all down Anonymous! Get there candy asses!
I feel that this attempt at trying to censor the internet is wrong, and would limit the freedom of speech. While some questionable things exist on the internet, the internet is one of the most efficient ways to get information on things. Hollywood, however, most likely is in favor of the SOPA act because it would help garner attention and publicity.
I believe websites are against sopa because if sopa were to go into affect certain websites would not get business or would get less views or might even get shut down. although Hollywood to me is for sopa because they would gain a lot more money if illegal downloads were to be stopped.
Yeah,SOPA...the worst thing to happen to the internet. The top file sharing sites, Megaupload, filesonic, and some others, have been shut down. I mean, yeah some illegal things were up on those sites, but some people(me) used the sites to store my back up stuff (.ISOs, my songs that I don't currently listen to but may want to listen to later)that couldn't fit on my hard drive, now it's all gone! The FBI could have just looked through the site's "stuff" and removed all illegal "stuff" and put up a warning that all the users who add pirated files would get charged or arrested. That way I could re-download all my stuff and not have to re-make most of my logos.
31 comments:
1. Why are websites against this new SOPA law?
-Websites are against this SOPA law due to what would happen if the law were to pass. If SOPA were to pass, this would mean that it would censor the internet. These websites would end up pointless and useless.
2. Why is Hollywood in favor of it?
-Holloywood is in favor of the SOPA law because the SOPA law would blackout the sites that provide illegal content such as music, movies, and software. The reason Hollywood is in favor of it is because these websites are causing coorperations to lose revenue.
3. How could it affect your rights?
-The SOPA law could affect my rights to post my opinions over the internet. It would stop me from posting videos on websites such as YouTube© and Facebook©. If this law were to pass, it would stop me from enjoying the internet for what it is.
4. What websites say that they will be affected by the SOPA?
- Websites that say they will be affected by the SOPA law are:
·Google
·Facebook
·Twitter
·Zynga
·eBay
·Mozilla
·Yahoo
·AOL
·Linkedln
it would affect our rights because then we can't download things that we want to that we need that we don't want to pay for so just let us be instead trying to take our rights -jamal hailey 2B
Websites that have millions of people consistently viewing, buying and downloading from it are going to have a problem with anyone that's trying to stop it. The SOPA law is basically trying to discard all websites that supply freedom to its users. People that are constantly on the computer will eventually download things and possibly spend time on social networks but these are all things that they are accustomed to. I think its wrong to try to take away websites that are so commonly used but i don't necessarily know if its our right to be allowed on these websites. Some websites are used for illegal downloading to be completely honest i love those websites but it isn't equitable to use them. I can only speak for myself when I say I truly enjoy most of the websites they are trying to get rid of and I would be affected by it.
Shaking My Head The Government Just Will Not Let Us Have One Thing That's Free In This Ruined Economy. I Don't Think It Goes Against Our Rights Or That It's Wrong Think About All The Sites That Get Music ILLEGALLY When Lil Wayne And Drake etc... Make A Album Half The Time It Get's LEAKED On The Internet Causing THEM To Loose Money. Facebook,Twitter Etc Will Be Affected They Say
Virgil 4a
SOPA can benefit and it can be an issue. The benefits are that people will stop downloading stolen movies, t.v. shows,and music. But the issues are that if people can not get those things than they may lash out and begin to do major crimes because they feel the government is against us. It may lead to huge riots,and other violent actions.
Craig Williams 3B
Websites are against the new SOPA law because they restrict their rights over internet use. Also, a quote from the news article states "a serious risk to our industry's continued track record of innovation and job creation, as well as to our nation's cyber security. Hollywood is in favor of controlling rogue websites; which in turn will stop copyright infringement. The SOPA and Protect IP ACT can take away my American given right of the 1st Amendment. I cannot share or express any information I hold freely if the SOPA laws come into act. The websites that are clearly against the PIPA and SOPA movement are Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn.
I believe that the SOPA law is rediculous and i dont think that this law surd be published. I say this because in the world today we cant have abything free and im sick of it. Everyone should be able to get music, movies, etc. but no the government just wants an extra penny in their pocket and they want everything to be payed for. But they arent in the position some americans are in where money is scarse. THATS JUST MY OPINION.
EMMANUEL WILLIAMS 3B
I believe that the SOPA law is rediculous and i dont think that this law surd be published. I say this because in the world today we cant have abything free and im sick of it. Everyone should be able to get music, movies, etc. but no the government just wants an extra penny in their pocket and they want everything to be payed for. But they arent in the position some americans are in where money is scarse. THATS JUST MY OPINION.
EMMANUEL WILLIAMS 3B
The government had been taking a lot of stuff from us latly. A lot of people get free music because they can't afford it. If you can't genott free music you may not be able to listen to their favorite artist. I think they should keep everything the same. Michael West 4A
Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, and AOL are affected by and against SOPA. They are against SOPA because they believe that they are being denied of the right to protect the integrity of the global Internet and freedom of communication. Hollywood is in favor of the SOPA law because of copy right issues. They believe that their money is being stolen. They do not want the public getting anything free. SOPA violates my rights because I am unable to visit websites that I need. Is it possible that the public can make their own creations so that they do not have to pay for everything? Hollywood is already rich. How much more do they want?
Websites are against the new SOPA law because if it were to pass it would cause a lot of websites to decline because most of the websites today are used to download music, and other things like that and for the law to pass it would mean these sites would lose their traffic and usage and eventually shutdown.Hollywood is for controlling these free download sites and sites as such because it will cause people to pay for the things they would usually get for free. SOPA could affect my american rights because it would be taking away my ability to express myself freely by censoring these sites. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn are opposing SOPA because it is "a serious risk to our industry's continued track record of innovation and job creation, as well as to our nation's cybersecurity."
Websites are against the new SOPA laws because the new law would force these websites to shut down forever. I believe Hollywood is in favor of the law because these websites are causing them to lose revenue. By getting the law passed, we wouldn't be able to enjoy going on the internet as much as we did before due to all the websites they had shut down. Youtube, wikipedia, and flixr would be affected by these laws.
Most websites are against the SOPA law because if it had passed, websites would be censored and some websites would have been forced to shut down. Hollywood is in favor of it because if people can't illegally download movies and TV shows then the public would be forced to pay for it thus giving Hollywood more money. I think it affects every ones right to privacy because everything you download on your computer is personal. Mostly social networking sites and search engines.
websites are against SOPA because they will lose money and as well as not get any views, most of all shut down. Hollywood supports SOPA because they lose money from all of the free downloads and they get no profit. If everything is protected then, they would make much more money than they do. SOPA could affect my rights because the main thing i get on is Twitter and Youtube. If it is gone teens have nothing to live for anymore. The websites that will be blocked are the basics such as Google, Youtube, Twitter, FaceBook, MySpace (even though ppl dont get on), Wikipedia, etc.
ChynaM 3B
I am against the sopa act because this will make it harder for kid in school and people out of school to find things faster now. I think this will disrupt our learning ability if we cannot use the internet to find out things now. I think this will affect our schools too in some type of way. But in all I highly disagree with this act I think it is just stupid !
The Websites That Are Effected By This Law That I Use Are Google,Twitter And Yahoo And I Thik This Law Should Not Be Accepted Because Mostly Every Thing We Use Is Not Free At All. So I Think We Should Get A Little Slack And I Also Think They Are Doing This Only Because The Economy Is Starting To Mess Up Worse Than What It Was Before. I AM AGINST THIS LAW 100%
William R.
2A
I Think Websites Are Against SOPA Law Because They Are Basically Going To Loose Alot Of Money If This Law Would Get Passed. I Think Hollywood Is In Favor Of Because If It Is Passed Then People Would Stop Stealing Their Music And Movies. This Could Really Effect My Rights Because It Would Be Able To Get On The Websites I Like Or Post Certain Things I Would Like To To Express Because It Would Have Been Blocked Out. Websites That Would Have Been Effected Are:
*Google
*Youtube
*Mozilla
*Wikipedia Etc...
Kayla Faulk:3B
websites are against this new sopa law because there websites will get censored and there will really be no point in using them. hollowood is in favor of this new sopa law because people will have to buy cd's instead of downloading them for free on the internet. this could affect my rights because if you want to search up things on the internet you wont be able to view them. Deaunte Watson 4A
Why are websites against this new SOPA law?
Websites are against SOPA because they feels as though the law is limiting the creativity and freedom of their users.
Why is Hollywood in favor of it?
Hollywood wants to protect the internet from dangerous rogue sites that steal material. When these sites steal material, they threaten millions of jobs and steal money from those who made the product.
How could it affect your rights?
What websites say that they will be affected by the SOPA law?
Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn all believe they will be affected by SOPA for their links and information will be censored.
In my opinion SOPA, is America's way of becoming more like China. I believe censoring the Internet will reduce a few rogue people and websites but will ultimately contradict the rights the people have fought for and become a costume to.
http://www.jdsupra.com/post/documentViewer.aspx?fid=a13d02d3-28a0-47ea-a4b5-17e2f9e0f845
The main issue with the SOPA law and PIPA act is the fact that they can block the stream of free online information that is a given treasure of the web. For the cause of censoring illegal piracy based sites.But open information and knowledge should not be a price to pay for. This would make it to easy to hid information because we would only know what they want us to know.
Websites are against SOPA because it'll block so many things on the internet; whether it would be videos, music, pictures, etc. & that was the reason why Hollywood was in favor of it. On the other hand, websites such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Zynga, eBay, Mozilla, Yahoo, AOL, and LinkedIn opposed this because it would censor so many things on the internet & would put their website at risk, as of business; meaning that they would have to shut down.
SOPA can effect my rights because it would sensor so many things that I do, such as posting pictures, watching videos, etc. and would make it wasteful for me to be on the internet if the internet was officially censored.
I am must defineinatly against the SOPA act because we wont be able to download music, and i wont be able to tweet, and all I do is tweet and listen to music so basically most of my life will be pointless lol.
Websites are saying SOPA poses "a serious risk to our industry's continued track record of innovation and job creation, as well as to our nation's cybersecurity"; in other words, many large website industries have a problem with this bill because people will be now limited even further from accessing material on the companys' websites, as well as jobs being depleted due to all of the censorship. The people in Hollywood might be in favor of this bill so that they can get more views or attention on what they are doing, and since the bill is against copyright infringement, it would seem that they would get a bigger profit out of what they're doing sine people wouldn't be able to pirate the Internet and such.
Personally, this affects me(not necessarily negatively, but certainly radically) because I've practically built a whole life out of Internet connections; what with all of the time I spend on Facebook, YouTube, downloading MP3's and playing online games, it would certainly be a huge change in my life, however, it should be manageable to adjust.
I believe the websites that are against the sopa bill because if the bill is passed most likely their websites will be shut down and the operators of the sites could be indicted just like the Korean administrators of megaupload.com did. Hollywood is all for the bill because the bill stops online piracy of things like movies and music and Hollywood is the home of the movie industry so actor directors producer ect would be estatIc if everyone had to pay for movies because that would be more money they would bring in. Website that would be affected by sopa are Facebook,twitter,YouTube,thepiratebay, megaupload has already been affected and shut down and the administrators have been indicted
Tangier May 3B
Websites are against the SOPA law becuase they cant really say what they wanna say
Certain webistes lose viewers so thats whyy the internet.
People are not gonna be able to have so much freedom.
Websites that will be infected are Facebook, Twitter, Google, and Tumblr.
Stop Online Piracy Act tries to protect giant corporations from losing a few bucks to piracy. It would force companies to give personal permission to every single reference to them online. It would basically shut down Wikipedia, YouTube, Facebook, yahoo, and shrink Google quite a bit. Translates to censorship. Take them all down Anonymous! Get there candy asses!
I feel that this attempt at trying to censor the internet is wrong, and would limit the freedom of speech. While some questionable things exist on the internet, the internet is one of the most efficient ways to get information on things. Hollywood, however, most likely is in favor of the SOPA act because it would help garner attention and publicity.
1A
I believe websites are against sopa because if sopa were to go into affect certain websites would not get business or would get less views or might even get shut down. although Hollywood to me is for sopa because they would gain a lot more money if illegal downloads were to be stopped.
Jade Ellis
3B
Yeah,SOPA...the worst thing to happen to the internet. The top file sharing sites, Megaupload, filesonic, and some others, have been shut down. I mean, yeah some illegal things were up on those sites, but some people(me) used the sites to store my back up stuff (.ISOs, my songs that I don't currently listen to but may want to listen to later)that couldn't fit on my hard drive, now it's all gone! The FBI could have just looked through the site's "stuff" and removed all illegal "stuff" and put up a warning that all the users who add pirated files would get charged or arrested. That way I could re-download all my stuff and not have to re-make most of my logos.
Post a Comment