Click Here to Read Article
This article has an obvious bias on the side of the players. Do you agree with the author? What do you think is the purpose for making a donation like this? Based on this article, what do you think is the purpose of these brothers' donation? Why do you think the school has rules like this?
20 comments:
jibraun whitley 2A
i believe the brothers just wanted to really be known for giving back to their community and to get recognized for what people with money are willing to do. i think the school turned down the donation because of the rule of public advertisent. i do believe that they could have come to an agreement without the family name.
I think the family just wanted to be known for doing something big for a community. i dont think they were doing it to give back from their hearts . i think the school board has a rule like this because they knew the reasoning behind this.
JUSTYC HICKS 2A .
I do agree with the author. I think the purpose of making a donation like that was so they could have gave back to their community where they grew up at and also so that the students would know who helped them out. I also think that this would be a chance to for them to advertise them and their family name. I think there's a lot of reasons why they could have made donations like this.
I think part of the donation was to give back and the other part like I said before was to advertise them and their family name and also they may want a favor back from the school. We never know. I think the reason why the school has rules like this is because if something happens to what ever they fixed up that the school won't be held responsible and also they don't want their family name on there because the school may not want to be sponsored by them. Also The BOE rejected it. The school doesn't want the name on the scoreboard because they don't want any strings attached I would think. At least that's what I think.
Emmanuel.Wiliams 3B
I believe that they wanted their name on the score board for more exposure for their team because they suck.(In my opinion)And i Agree with Justyc because i think they do wanna be known for what they tried to do. But at the same time it was not necessarily right to have their family name on it.
Elijah Powell
3B
I think that they were just trying to give back and they wanted to be notice for doing something that they thought was right. Im sure the school could have came up with an agreement of dis situation. I don't think they attempted to take over their school by putting their family name on it
I Think They Was Just Trying To Give Back, And All They Asked For Was There Family Name To Be Put On It, I Think They Could At least Have Put There Name On It, People Was Complaining About The ScoreBoard And They Tried To Fix It.
_Gregory Scott_
I Mean In this Situation Its About The Money And All About The Money So They Did wrong. The Rules Have Changed and Theyre Going To Change It For The Brothers
Anthony Davis 2B
I believe that the brothers just wanted to put there names on the score board just to show that they gave it to the community.I think the school has rules like this because they didn't want someone else name on there score board they just wanted there's
Maya Robinson
4/A
Terrell Proctor
2A
I believe that the author made a good statement they shouldn't let them put their names on the scoreboard "that's a slap to the face". I say this because they have no right to put their names on public school property. Plus they shouldn't care about putting their names on there if there trying to be good people and try to help fix their field. I think the purpose was for their names to bed on the scoreboard so that way more people would go to games so that way the brothers could possibly get money too.
I think the purpose of the brother was to give back to the school. To help the school athletics to help them with uniforms and other needs or wants. I think the school didn't want any money because they most likely had rules to not accept money from nobody.
I dont agree with the author at all because they clearly said "he and his brother originally planned to rehab the entire field starting with the scoreboard." I would have put there names on there because they are trying to be help and do somtehing nice for the school and its ENTIRE field. I think the school gave up a good oppurtunity and deal
i think the brothers really wanted to do something positive. it doesnt make since to me that the brothers wanted to do it just to get their name because the school is unknown. they are nfl players millions of people know who they are so why would they want their name on the scoreboard of a rinky dink school
marques malone
I do agree with author because the scoreboard is for the community to enjoy, not for someone's name to symbolize it is for them. I believe the purpose for making a donation like this is to get more recognition in the media and get more publicity. The school has rules like this to show pride in their community. They ant the board to be for the community. They do not want the board to represent individuals so they do not accept the offer.
Tariq Abdullah-2A
i really disagree with the author because i can say from experience from school our field is "the worst".the Henderson brothers were trying to do a nice deed and help out their school that they came from but the school really gave up a golden opportunity to have a nice facility for their students to play sports on but they messed up
Juan R
3B
I believe its petty on the part of the henderson brothers because If your donating money to a school so they can have a scoreboard you shouldnt even care about having your name on the score board. I think knowing you did a good deed to help the community is fine enough. Not only did they get mad at the school but now they are demanding their money back thats just petty.
David Barr
period 2a
I think think the purpose of the donation was to themselves known and to advertise. I agree with the author and I think the donation was made to make themselves known to the students and future students that will support the team in the future. I think the schools have rules like those to prevent advertisement.
Daniel Munibez 2a
I mean it seems like they want the fame that comes with charity. They did a good thing and want to be acknowledged for it. your already famous.
I think that they should let them keep it instead of wanting it back just because their name isnt on it...regardless of the name being on it or not...their still going to be recognized for doing something good to help the community
Phillip Moore 1b
I think the brothers was really trying to be generous. Why should it be a problem if they want their name on it to let people know that they care about the schools.I would want people to know i care.But if the effort was fake the money not they are still giving you real 20,000 for a scoreboard be thankful.
I thought the brothers wanted to do something good for the school that they went to by giving back.But after they said they wanted to put their names on it then i thought they just wanted put their name out their so people can know who they are
dervonte rountree 3b
Post a Comment