Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Monday, December 12, 2011

Leaving Iraq

The U.S. military forces are leaving Iraq and President Obama is hoping for a successful, peaceful relationship with the country:

Click Here to Read

What do you think about the U.S. relationship with Iraq here? What was our main goal for going into Iraq? What are people afraid will happen when we leave? Do you think this is our job? Why do you think the U.S. is concerned with Iraq's government? Do we have a right to get ourselves involved between countries in the Middle East? Are there times when it is more appropriate then others? Use quotes and examples from the article to prove your read and understand!


Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki meets with President Obama at the White House on Monday.

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe we did fulfill a major part of our goals by killing both Saddam Husein, and Osama Bin Laden. Some of our troops trained their people to defend themselves. However, there's the variable of attacks, or even civil war.

Jordan D.
1B

Anonymous said...

I believe the events that occurred in the last 10 years were completely and entirely unnecessary. And who knows what'll happen next? From supposed "WMDs" to 9/11 the war in the middle east has led to nothing but chaos. The things both countries have done is unexplainable and I believe the relationship between the two countries is going to contain nothing but sugarcoated trust, suspicion, and paranoia. Who truly knows the reason for going into Iraq? The majority of things today are conspiracies or things the media or government don't. Its simply a matter of isolationism or interventionism; do we leave them alone of become involved in the issues of the Middle East? No one can say for sure. All I can say is the chances of good coming from this are slim yet strongly hoped for.

Ayinde Michael 1A

Virgil 4A said...

I Believe this was good, all the money we spent for war in the last 10 years is crazy, all over some oil. I have a childhood friend that wen't to Iraq he used to write me saying how bad it was being over there hoping he can come home soon. There may be another war who know's what the future hold but it will be good to see our loved ones again knowing there safe. We as the United States have NO reason to be in the Middle East we should let them do what they do as long as what there doing does not effect us.

Virgil 4A said...

I Believe this was good, all the money we spent for war in the last 10 years is crazy, all over some oil. I have a childhood friend that wen't to Iraq he used to write me saying how bad it was being over there hoping he can come home soon. There may be another war who know's what the future hold but it will be good to see our loved ones again knowing there safe. We as the United States have NO reason to be in the Middle East we should let them do what they do as long as what there doing does not effect us.

Anonymous said...

Well My Thoughts were that the US waisted time for no reason because we fought in this war for years but out of this experience we had found Sadam Huesain and Osama BinLaden, wow thats nothing to shout out yay about becuase we killed 2 men important but look at how many troops that we lost trying to find those men was it worth it? Nope. Glad its over though that way the troops come back home and see their familes and enjoy the little things in life
Anthony Davis 2B

Langston Parker said...

the reason we went to iraq is because they are vulnerable to bullying.Iraq is a small 3rd world country notice that we dont go after anyone big.its all about keeping our spear of influence.As we see more and more of this more people around the world hate us because we do dumb sh*t like this and invade countries that didnt do a damn thing to us.we never mind our business the american people paid for the war and put it on layaway with our tax dollars I HATE THE GOVERNMENT

Anonymous said...

I think that our new-found relationship with Iraq is a good start to a better future for both the USA and Iraq. Personally, I don't think we have a right to be involved in countries that are not involved with us. On the other hand, if the countries are our allies, then we have to do what we can to help out. However being that "4,400 U.S. troops were killed and thousands more wounded", at this time we can not really afford to be tampering with other countries until we get ours together.

-Kiah Williams 1A

Khadijah T said...

I think the relationship with Iraq and U.S is kind up in the air because Iraq may not feel as confident that the war is finally over as the U.S does.our main goal for going to iraq was to get oil. people are afraid that Iraq will bring the war to the United States and bomb us up. No the U.S has no right bothering with other countries if it has nothing to do with us we need to stay out of it completely. this is the reason we are at war now because people in America cant mind their business
"We have proven success. Nobody imagined that we would succeed in defeating terrorism."

Khadijah Tyler 1B

Anonymous said...

I think we complete mos of our overall goal by killing osama and saddam, i think their relationship is a little undecided theres still hate going on. i think some people are afraid that iraq might threaten us and some americans might live with fear. the US has no right to be messin with other countries thats why theres so much war and hate because we alwayz messin with other people buisness
XAVIER DENNIS

Anonymous said...

I think we should our troops shouldve left Iraq long ago If you think about it we were fighting to help iraq in a war that really didnt have much to do with us until 9/11. We were over there to help iraq with their problem with al qaeda.This war we fought was pretty much a good deed to iraq and now the americans are leaving and iraq will have to continue to fight ffor democracy by them selves and finish what americans helped them start fighting.
David Barr
Period 2A

Anonymous said...

I honestly think there was no legitimate reason for U.S to actually send troops to Iraq.Because of Bush he has set back the U.S in so many ways and im glad Obama is turning it all around.Seeing that the troops are coming back im estatic because now the troopers family,friends will not have those sleepless nights worrying that there Father,mother,aunt,etc. won't survive only get severely injured.
Craig Williams
Period 3B

Anonymous said...

Dontonio Burdette2B: Thank god the troops are back home but I really believe America didnt have to send troops to Iraq I thank Obama for fixing the mess that George Bush left. Since the troops are back families can now be together peacefully and wont have to worry.

Anonymous said...

Adam Pinkney 4A

Obama has proven that politicians only tell the true when they call other politicians liers! Obama has also proven that we can not believe politicians campaing promisses! It is very unlike that the next president will be any more competent than Obama. And that is not to prise Obama but to say I have no hope for a good and honest politician to lead this country out of bankruptcy!

Edith Gonzalez said...

is good to have them back so the wars may stop. i believe that killing 2 of the most wanted criminals was a decision that had to be maid by god. i believe he two country will work together and hopefully they can make the world have less violence between country's. i believe some people will not give heir full trust because anything can happend. i believe we have a right because everything would be better with peace.

Anonymous said...

The U.S. relationship with Iraq now is going really smooth. Our main goal for going to Iraq was to kill Osama Ben laden. When we leave people are afraid of them coming into the U.S and causing more damage. Yes it is our job to make things peaceful between the two. I think the us is concerned with the Iraq government so we could work together as a team now. No we don’t have the right to get involved with middle eastern countries.

Acquila Robertson
Period 3b

Rashad Atkins 4A said...

I think the relationship between u.s and iraq is improving. Our main goal was to settle down all the fighting and to get Osama Bin Laden. I think what will happen when we leave is that they come to the u.s and attack us. No i don't think this is our job to maintain peace in another country. I think our government worries about iraq government because it had a downfall. No I don't think we have a right I think we should just mine our business unless bwe our spoken to or targeted.

Anonymous said...

I think that it's good the relationship between the two countries is better now. Ingles our troops are home . I think that the u.s should involve ourselves with iraq's government is good because we are a model country to other places. I think this is a huge step up for the u.s .

Deche' Neal

Anonymous said...

The relationship between the U.S. and Iraq seems to be getting better but you dont know what Iraq is plan they might just be trying to make us think that its over but it might not be they might try and attack us. But I think our main goal was to kill Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden.
Terrence Moore 1B

Donald Nalle 1A said...

I Believe that Our Relationship With Iraq Is Finally Getting Better . Although you can never trust them because they did bomb us 10 Years Ago. But in the End Osama Bin Laden Is Dead And We Win.

Anonymous said...

I think they have a good relationship now, that they realized all the problems and trying to fix them. I think the main goal for going in to Iraq is to get some classified weapons and for there oil. They think Iraq will be unstable from internal affairs and neighbors. No , I don;t think its our job, but it does no harm trying to help others out. I think they are concerned with there government because they want everybody on there side and they don't want anybody to come and take over there territory. No, we don't have the right, but we till going do it anyway.
Rayven Jones 2A

Anonymous said...

I believe that we have no business in another country if they did not initiate the problem with us. We cannot save everybody in the world from each other when we can't even save ourselves. Look at our economy it sucks butt because we keep sending troops into war zones. Its really mind boggling because we keep doing it.I hope that when we get all of our troops out of Iraq that will be the last we will be in the Middle East, because its a big money pot. I hope we keep Iraq as an ally but i don't want us to go over there for a very long time.

Taj Tobin 3B

Ajani Bryant said...

I believe that we failed in our goal in Iraq. We went into there to take control of the oil market and we failed. We did bring democracy in Iraq, but that wasn't a goal. I'm glad the troops are coming home because the war shouldn't even been fought in the 1st place. I do think we have a good relationship because we tried to help them politically.

Anonymous said...

The events and happenings in the last decade have been unnecessary. The main goal for going in Iraq was for military purposes. People are afraid that when we leave the government may have problems. One such problem is with the oil. Yes, the U.S. should help another countries government. The U.S. is concerned with Iraqi's government because Iraq could help its neighbors if we help them 1st. We do have a right, no matter who you are everyone is still human, and we all should help each other. Yes, this is considered an important example compared to others since the U.S, is helping the world.

Tariq Abdullah- 2A

Jarrel Bailey said...

I think that we had failed our goal in Iraq. Yes we did bring democracy in Iraq but that was our first goal. We went to take the oil market and we did not. I'm glad our troops are coming home to their families and ect. But I do not think that we have a good relationship with Iraq because, we tried to help them politically.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the relationship between these two countries. They seem confused. They just had a wat against one another but now they want to be friends. That's like trying to befriend an enemy. I believe the main reason why the U.S. choose to invade Iraq was because of the event that occurred September 11th. I'm guessing people will be afraid of Iraq personal plotting another terrorist attack on the United States. If your referring to are job as protecting the nation yes. I think the U.S. has been deeply concerned with Iraq's government since September 11th. I believe we do have the right to get involved with other countries if they make a action towards us first.
Kevin Washington

Anonymous said...

I believe that we should try harder to watch our enemies . For example if we think that iraq is going to try to plan a attack on us i think we should have permission to watch them . I also think that some americans are afraid that iraqians would bring the war to us . We should protect our country any means nessecary. Diangelo 4a

Pretty.Boy.Millionaire☆ said...

I Agree that the events that occurred in the last 10 years were completely and entirely unnecessary. And who knows what'll happen next? From supposed "WMDs" to 9/11 the war in the middle east has led to nothing but chaos. The things both countries have done is unexplainable and I believe the relationship between the two countries is going to contain nothing but sugarcoated trust, suspicion, and paranoia. Who truly knows the reason for going into Iraq? The majority of things today are conspiracies or things the media or government don't. Its simply a matter of isolationism or interventionism; do we leave them alone of become involved in the issues of the Middle East? No one can say for sure. All I can say is the chances of good coming from this are slim yet strongly hoped for.

Sean Williams 4A said...

I think that we did put a hold on the War in Iraq just for a little bit, i think that i will not be long until we have a big conflict with other countries again

MarquisC said...

The U.S was just using iraq. We just wanted their oil and wanted to kill two threats. Obama said that their main goal was to see iraq succeed but we all know that's bullshit. We shouldn't have be there the first place. I think our government wants to control their government. We do not have the right to get involved over there. They didn't ask us to come over. We have homeless kids in our country and we are worried about another?? That isn't right

Michael West said...

Michael west 4a I don't know what kind of relationship they have its really hesitational. There was no reason to goit was just to show how strong we were and it want our war its good that we are out of it because it should have not have us in it

Anonymous said...

I think that the U.S. should sever all relationships with iraq. We did what we needed to do now therse no reason to stay there now. It seems that wants to keep close tabs on rhe middle east. But I think this is just a way to keep further conflict from breaking out.

Kevin Banks 1B

Anonymous said...

I believe that relationship with Iraq is way better than what it was. The U.S. accomplished killing Sudam and Osama , but I think the real goal was to get their oil. It may seem all happy and that we won , but their will always be tension.
1A Zachary Anderjaska

Anonymous said...

Diamond NIcholas 2B
I think that the US didn't really accomplish anything but killing those two men and taking their oil. Obama never know what can happen even though he did go over there and tried to make peace but they could have easily killed him to and you never know that they could be watching us now

_sherylle said...

I think that the relationship with Iraq is ridiculous. We say that the war is over , but we constantly accuse Muslims or people from Iraq of horrible things , I believe that when the troops do leave , terror will really be brought to America just for the simple fact that we are invading there country with a pointless war.

Anonymous said...

I would hope our relationship with them gets better.I mean we were there to keep order help thir goverment. We didnt need to do that in the first place anyway. I think its about time we leave any way.
-Dorian Womble 1A