Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Monday, December 12, 2011

Do Koreans want to Live in Exploding Towers??

Look at this article about the new apartments being built is South Korea:

Click Here to Read

What do you think?? Do they look like exploding twin towers or are they just modern, unique apartments? Use FER to explain your opinion on whether the U.S. should be insulted and whether the Koreans should continue with their construction.

49 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was completely disrespectful I honestly think that the Architects who had these plans drawn out intended to make this structure and knew exactly what they were doing. The towers in the pictures definitely look a lot like the EXPLODING Twin Towers especially with the design that is shown to me. a cloud like figure definitely should not have been created and been strategically put in the middle then all the criticism would not have came about. I am highly offended and I think the U.S. should be too, and this construction should be ended immediately.

Anonymous said...

DeAndre' Davis 2A ^

JACKIE:) said...

I dont think that South Korea was trying to offend the U.S in any way. Knowing that Korea is more advanced than other countries, it is possible that they admired our twin buildings as well the concept. Instead of Americans looking at everything as a negative gesture, they need to expand their minds and take this as a compliment. I hope this does not make our government think that they could have something to do with 911. They probably have as much empathy as we do sympathy for ourselves.
-Jackie

Anonymous said...

- " i believe that korean was not trying to disrespect the US but then again it was disrespectful because its reminds people of the worst day in the US were we lost over a thousand people.Yes the photo kind of do look like exploding twin towers and they are unique apartment because i never seen nothing like this before.Im in between if the us should be insulted and the Koreans should continue with their construction.
TaqiyyahRecio.

Anonymous said...

I believe that this image is neither disrespectful nor mocking. I believe that Korea is paying respects to what happened to the US in the event of the twin towers being destroyed. I believe that the government is taking this way out of hand. Knowing the US, we will probably blame Korea for what happened on 9-11-2001. On the other hand, I feel that the government is doing there job by pointing out these things. Images like these can be clues for who may have attacked the twin towers, but I don think that Korea meant any harm.

Justin Boone 1B

Virgil 4A said...

I Think they should continue building this. It will make them a lot of money, I mean shore we got bombed but I don't think they ment any harm. I personally would love to stay in apartments like those. We have no reason to be insulted.

Anonymous said...

I mean Korea Was Not Trying To Say Or Offened Any members of the United States because Korea doesnt want to bring back old times theyre just trying to start something on their own that reminds us about 9/11 and so what i mean if we feel offened we arent going to do anything about it plus if we do korea is tied with China so thats automaticly L.

Anthony
Davis 2B

Anonymous said...

I think that even though the buildings that Korea has built do look like the Twin Towers, they meant no harm by constructing them. This design could simply because they admired the design of our original buildings. I think that the last thing they want to do is start corruption by referring to 9/11 .

-Kiah Williams 1A

OjitosBonitos Maria said...

In my opinion That is a very different design, and it would take a lot of complex architecture, and I don't want to necessarily want to say the koreans were directing it towards the U.S. in order to send a subliminal message. However, very ironically these towers or "apartments" architectural design does very much so resemble that of the explosion of the twin towers that took place in the U.S. on September 11, 2001. I can't speak on if the U.S. should be insulted or not because I am a member/part of the U.S., yes, but Everyone interprets situations and everything differently than others, therefore the U.S. as a whole can't agree to be insulted or not. I think People will take it as they will but I would wonder, what were the intentions of the design for this building and reasons behind those intentions.

Anonymous said...

I think it looks exactly like the explodeing twiN towers and it s a slap in the face too all americans. Its like theere trying to rub it in americans face and they should discontinue construction
XAVIER DENNIS 3B

Anonymous said...

i dont think they were trying to be disrespectful i think maybe they liked the twin towers and just wanted there own version of it so the should keep building it

dervonte rountree 3b

Dierra 1A said...

I seriously do not think that the architects were thinking any thing of the twin towers when they built those apartments. People need to seriously grow up i understand that alot of people were devastated by that terrorist attack but you cant conclude the wrong accusations because of your sorrow or losses. This whole thing was just a big misunderstanding.

Anonymous said...

I DONT think the architects were trying to be funny. People do things to get attention however, this is not the case. Although 9/11 will be an event Americans will never forget, they cant relate everything back to that day.
Dyamond Nelson
2B

Anonymous said...

/I personallly think that South Korea had no intentions on hurting anybody that they lost on 9/11. People in Amercia need to stop being so senitive and let things go. Ok they look like the towers... and maybe it was just the way the Architects set it up maybe they liked how the towers looked and the just wanted to copy off of us and take that. I honestly think people are to sensitive and they need to stop taking things to heart.
Raymond Flowers 1B

Kelly Catama: 2B said...

Although these towers definitely resemble the ones that were destroyed in New York on 9/11, it doesn't necessarily mean that the Koreans were trying to be disrespectful. Koreans are pretty much known about technology and are huuuge in Korean markets. so, with that said, I think that they should continue building the towers! In my own opinion, they were just trying to be creative in making these towers. they didn't mean to offend or hurt anyone on purpose.

Anonymous said...

Jibraun whitley 2A
i feel that its their country so they have the right to make there buildings how they want and if people here take that away from them then they are wrong. that is saying we do not own them but we take control of their stuff. And this is why other countries and nations call us the bully of the nations.

I'mUptown_ said...

Terrell Proctor
2A

I believe that they weren't trying to make the apartments look like the world trade center (Twin Towers). I say this because the designers wouldn't want to bring any bad memories to any person who witnessed 9/11. Plus if they did make it like the world trade center that would be a bad idea. Because that could lower your chances of getting plenty of people going to your apartments.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that it looks the twin towers. I think that architects designed the building like that to make it look creative. I think it's beautiful. The u.s has nothing to do with what is going on in Korea .

Deche' Neal

Angel Johnson 4A said...

I believe the height of these buildings are just a sign of luxury. Most luxurious apartments are very tall. However the macabre design seems a bit odd and does resemble an explosion. If these buildings are causing so much controversy (as a design) I think its best that the Koreans try some other ideas before they make it a reality. If these buildings are built this way, some Americans may take it as an insult.

Anonymous said...

Adam Pinkney 4A

These architects would have to have been born in 2002 (not probable) or ignorant of the world in general or have a terribly bad aesthetic in design. Any moron can see the resemblance. Maybe next they can design a mushroom cloud similar to Hiroshima and then try to tell the Japanese that it's not meant to look like it. If they build it that will show how they do or do not care. I heard the design won't be final until March so they should have time to go in another direction. Maybe a building being built here that looks like a rice paddy with images of Napalm dropping on it would have meaning to them.

Anonymous said...

I have mixed feelings about these apartment. I don’t really think that they were trying to be disrespectful. I think they were just trying to build something new their in Korea. then I kind of think its disrespectful because knowing how many people we lost that day and how it bring back so many memories. the U.S should be insulted because they lost their family and friend during 9/11 and some of them are still not over it.

Acquila Robertson
Period 3b

Anonymous said...

I do not think that the Koreans were trying to make fun of what happened on that day. I think that the architects are just building a building. If they are trying to say something about 9/11, then they are just showing their respects for what happened on that tragic day. I Do not think the United States should get affened by this.

Shannon Weaver
2A

Juwan301 said...

In my eyes I feels s though the Koreans didn't mean it that way and they didn't mean to offend people like, they were just regular architects, that they was just trying to help out Korea. But also it was wrong because of the tragedy of what happen that day and it did seem like they tried to make a joke of it and stuff - Juwan Reese 1b

Rashad Atkins 4A said...

I don't think they were trying to copy our countries twin towers. I think it's just a modern building that has another building that looks just like it. I don't think we should be insulted because that's their problem and that's their buildings.There are just apartments if they like their apartments in that size and shape they can.

Anonymous said...

I think that America is just a big baby. If another country wants to build 2 identical apartment buildings let them I think it's stupid for them to be crying over something like that. Korea may have just admired the twin towers. It doesn't mean that they're trying to make fun of America. I just think that America is taking it too far.
ChynaM 3B

Anonymous said...

No, I don't think they look like the exploding twin towers, i just think that was a new look for Korea and it just happened to look like the twin towers.If america felt disrespected by it, I don't think they should because i don't think they try any of that with us. Because they know how much of a sad time that was for us.

Maya Robinson
4/A

Tori Jones said...

If south Korea like the apartments and said they never ment to cause friction between them and us, who are we to speak about what, when, and why they build what they please. Now if it was apart of the united states then maybe they will have a reason to be upset. What they want to buil shouldn't affect the progress that we have getting over the 9/11 event.

Taurean Jones 1A

Anonymous said...

I think Americans are being completely to sensitive 9/11 is over with im almost positive the Korean architects were not even thinking about the twin towers when they created the plans for the building. I honestly dont think they look like the exploding towers at all just a modern new design. The U.s should not be insulted at all they need to focus on more important issues like this unnecessary war or the economic issues.
-Breanna brown 1B

RaVon D. said...

In my opinion i think they look like the exploding twin towers and i think its very disrespectful.I believe the korean are insulting the U.S

Anonymous said...

In my opinion it do look like the exploding twin towers but it also looks like they enhanced the picture detailing alil. But i dont think the Koreans are trying to insult us but the U.S. is taking it the wrong way as a insult.
Terrence Moore 1B

Doria Jefferson said...

My opinion is that they knew what they were doing because it look just like the twin towers. They probably did not think that this was offensive but if they knew that we took this to offense they would change it. But if they also claimed they didnt than we should not accuse that they did.

Donald Nalle said...

In my personal opionion i think they should continue building site. I Believe this because it is beneficial to them and they are going to make money off the site why not? Also i dont believe them making the site that they would think it would be a problem.

Anonymous said...

I think the apartments do look like the twin towers. But I don't think the Koreans did that on purpose. The design is unique and the apartment does look exactly alike. The government should just leave the issue alone. I think they just want something to fight over. Just Get Over It people going build and do what they want. They should keep building the apartments and don't worry about what we think if they know its not true.
Rayven Jones 2A

Anonymous said...

These Towers look exactly like the Twins that we had here in New York. But that doesn't mean that they are going to fall like ours did. The Terrorists are not angry with Korea like they were angry with us. I don't think it is that serious, also I don't think they have anything to worry about. they will be safe apartments to live in for all Koreans.

Taj Tobin 3B

Anonymous said...

Personally, and coupled with the fact that I don't think that South Koreans would blatantly disrespect the U.S., I think that the architect's design was of a unique building. However, while not exact, it does seem like the twin towers mid-explosion due to its protrusions. Even so, they should continue building the apartments as it is very interesting.

:Hunter Howard 1B:

Cainan said...

I think the apartments are imitating the exploding towers. I believe the U.S should be insulted . That was a terrible moment in the U.S. If the apartments was intended to show respect i'll accept it but other than that i would be insulted.

Pico Cross said...

Yea, they look like the twin towers and all, but who can be bothered? Maybe they want to show people they cared about what happen on 9/11 or they where making funny to so sad. You have to learn to have tough skin...

Ajani Brant said...

I dont think that Korea was trying to offend the US because its just a building. Just because they have two twin towers built, does not mean it was modeled after the two twin towers. For the people that see the similarity, they need to realize its just a building and to try to move on.

Jarrel Bailey said...

I think they look like a copy of the exploding twin towers. But at the same time they also can look like a modern, unique apartment. I don't think Korean want to live in an exploding towers. I think it was just how the designer built them.

Lavell Allen social issues 1-A said...

Honestly after seeing the propsed design i thought it was a unique modern work of art. I think it is ingenious and creative. Yet while rading the article i think people were over seeing the meaning of the structure. They were using allusion in place of a modern work of art. I dont think it is a mockery towards the U.S 9/11 attacks. Though it was a tragic and horific event it was not intentionally proposed for that purpose.

Victor Blakey 1A said...

I think the apartments look exactly like exploding twin towers. I believe South Korea did this to insult the United States and every person in the U.S. has the right to feel insulted. Who would ever just think of a design like that. There has to be a meaning to design such as those apartments. I think it would be best for the Koreans to stop their contruction because if they dont alot of people will be against it.

ChristianJohnson2BContinued said...

This just goes back to the whole 9-11 sensitivity thing. People won't let this die down. I mean just think about it, why would Koreans want to mock such a tragedy. It doesn't make sense. Everyone recognizes the trouble that we had getting over this tragedy and still we aren't. Asia hates us but I really don't think they hate us that much

Pretty.Boy.Millionaire☆ said...

To me this was completely disrespectful I honestly think that the Architects who had these plans drawn out intended to make this structure and knew exactly what they were doing. The towers in the pictures definitely look a lot like the EXPLODING Twin Towers especially with the design that is shown to me. a cloud like figure definitely should not have been created and been strategically put in the middle then all the criticism would not have came about. I am highly offended and I think the U.S. should be too, and this construction should be ended immediately.

Sean Williams 4A said...

I think Korea was trying to offend us in every way possible ! How can an apartment building look like that,its too big to be an apartment. They look kind of like our twin towers in the U.S. I would be insulted by this

MarquisC said...

They do look like exploding twin towers. The U.S shouldn't get offended, we should just let it slide. If we try to get back at them then we might start a war over something this stupid. The Koreans should continue because its their country and they can do what they want to.

Michael West said...

Michael west 4a The koreans aren't mocking us its just that they might be glad it didn't happen to them. Nothing can break the U.S so thats why wer are building another one. The government should not fell bad because its over with

Anonymous said...

To me, this is just more proof that Koreans are insane. Even if this is some new trend over there, they should know that this could easily be taken as an insult to others ,U.S., taht see it. And theres almost no way that desruction can be seen as mainstream art.

Kevin Banks 1B

Anonymous said...

Diamond Nicholas 2B
I think that these do look like the twin towers exploding because if you watch the video it look exactly like that. I also think that the korea people was being disrespectful because they had no reason to crash into a building full of people that did nothing to them and leaving behind families that didnt even get the chance to say i love you.

Anonymous said...

Mabey its just me but i dont see anything wrong with the tower its self but i do think the name is in bad taste. Though I realy dont think they ment anything by it. But maybe thats because I dont usually take things to heart.
-Dorian Womble 1A