Click Here to Read
Do you think this is a problem at just FAMU or at colleges across the country? Would this make you think twice about joining an organization? Can you tell me about another example of hazing you may have heard about or even experienced yourself?
38 comments:
I dont think hazing just happens at FAMU. I think it happens at just about all colleges. I've seen hazing happen on tv in movies. People had to eat and drink things that are deffinatly are not edible. Some people are blind folded and beaten with padles or other objects. Its crazy stuff like that just makes me not want to join anything in college. Makes me want to be a loner all by myself.
I believe this can not be a problem only at FAMU. There is bound to be other case of hazing in other schools around the county. Hazing may be looked down upon, but that does not mean it doesn't happen.
Jordan D.
1B
No i do not think that hazing is a problem only at FAMU, hazing is problem all across the country. The thought of someone dying from something like this really does make think twice or not even as often. To me its not that serious to me personally to be mistreated just to join something. My sister's bestfriend told me that her friend while at college had to sleep out side in the grass just to be in a fraternity. Not only in the grass though but with no blanket or anything seperating them from the ground.
-EBONY THORNTON 2A
Hazing is not just a problem at FAMU. I believe that it is a problem at every college or university. There are fraternities and sorties that influence this behavior. In some organizations, you have to do inappropriate things, such as hazing, to become a member. I believe that it is completely unecessary and un-called for.
Justin Boone 1B
Hazing is not just at that college Sororities and Frat houses all over the country do it . Its All just a simple formula . it's about the whole "Are you Willing To Do Anything In Order To Join" if not than you can't become one of them and if you can then your "Worthy" enough to be a Frat boy or a Sorority girl. Personally i think its good when your keeping the challenge safe if not than don't i wanna be in a Frat so ,
-Jyleke
Hazing Seems like it just don't mainly occur at, FAMU because it happened at alot of colleges , To me it seem more traditional. this event Will not make me Think Twice about joining A Orgayou. But Hazing Is Nothing new in The life of college because when you become a student at college you do the things other students would do like drink etc.....
DONALD MOORE
PERIOD4A
Hazing Is Happening Everywere Not Just At FAMU,I Believe It Happens At Many Colleges And High School Within Sports Teams.I Dont Know About Other Sports At Friendly But On The Football Team We Haze,Its Nothing To Hurt A Fellow Teammate Its Just To Toughen The Up,And Welcome Them To The Team.I Think Hazing Is Ok Until People Start Getting Hurt Or They Feel Like Their Life Is In Danger.
Adam Pinkney 4A
Hazing can happen just about almost anywhere. I honestly don't think it is anything wrong with it as long as people do not take it too far and end up injuring or killing someone. I think it just shows the new guys what the team is made of.
I Believe This Problem Does Not Only Occurs At FAMU, Is Everywhere Across The Country. This would make me think twice before i join a team.
People Haze others everywhere I guess they have a since of power if they haze others.I guess you can call it a right of passage.I wouldn't go like that though.Or people possibly haze because they had to do it.I guess its traditional.This is just like the proclaimed freshmen beat down day.
I Think That the Colleges Can Have Hazing Because The Person Gettin Hazed Is Choosing To Get Hazed . When You Sign Up For A Ferturnity Or Soroity You Should Know EXACTLY What you Are Getting Into Nobdy Is Forcing You TO DO Anything YOU Dont Want TO Do In The End You Benefit From It Anyway .
Marquis Anbaz
2B
I used to think that hazing was a part of showing students responsibility, respect, and friendship, but it should never result in death. The only time I've seen hazing has been in movies and it seems a little silly. Hazing can be verbal or physical and i think physical is a bit extreme.What does hazing really do?
I don't think hazing just happens at FAMU. That goes on around the world, even in middle and high school. I have seen so many kids being the victims of hazing. If you not in what ever crowd thats not popular most likely you will the victim of hazing. You have to prove that tough now and days, you can't just be your self. Most people haze other people to make others feel better. Its something deeper in everything somebody do. This is what I think about the issue.
Rayven Jones 2A
I Know Hazing Doesnt Just Happen At FAMU. I Know People Now From Different School Who Get Hazed During Football Practice. Yes This Would Make Me Think Twice About Joining An Orgayou, Because That Kid Who Died Could Of Been Anyone. BTW You Spelled Heard Wrong In The Description. (Tyrone Koehler-Jones 2A)
I don't think this is a problem just at that college. Students do that now in high school. Especially to underclassmen. This does make me second guess joining a band in college because that Is a hard thing to go through.
Deche' Neal
I think the problem is in multiple colleges around the country. I wouldn't think twice because if someone even attempted to haze me then I would just leave.
Donyah B. 4a
I dont think hazing is just a problem at FAMU. Hazing takes place at most of the colleges around the world. Colleges have fraternities and sororities and alot of them involve hazing. Hazing does make me think twice about joining some sort of club because I wouldnt want to go through those harsh things. Its jus embarrassing and it can be dangerous. I once heard that a fraternity made a person drink untill they threw up. Why should someone have to do that.
Hazing occurs all over the world in any kind of major organization such As the marching band , football team , basketball team , and sororities and fraternities . It is something extremely major that is taken so lightly all over the world , and situations like at FAMU will occur if no one starts taking it serious. I have not experienced hazing but my brother has his freshman year playing football. He only went through verbal abuse and I'm glad that no physical abuse occurred. It doesn't make me think second about joining organizations because I'm not going to stop doing what I want because of ignorant people.
-Cailyn Thomas
1B
I think hazing doesn't happen at just FAMU. I believe it happens at just about all colleges. This could be happening and no one would even know. I haven't actually seen hazing but on movies and tv shows. I believe this is bad. But I know that this is not going to keep me from joining organizations.
^
Rikieshia Brown
4A
This is a true problem all of at different universities and other colleges. Going in to a sorority or fraternity they want to make sure that you are tough enough. But i personally won't do it just because I would not want it done to me.
Taurean Jones 1A
I think this doesn't just happen at famu. I think it happens at every college. But at the same time it might not. I don't like hazing but it is a school ritual so I have no say in it. But I know I would not join in that ritual. I have heard about this but never this happen to any of my family members. But I think they should stop this because somebody died from this. And yes this would make me think twice about joining hazing rituals but I would never even do it now.
I think it's a problem in all the colleges around this country not just at FAMU. Yes this does make me think twice about pledging because this is absurd. An example of hazing incident is at Monmouth college in New Jersey where they made young man get in to a 6 foot grave and the grave collapse and he start inhaling sand he died of asphyxiation. Which is when you are being deprived of oxygen.
I think that Hazing could happen at any school now a days beacuase students just dont really look at consequences these days. Not just at FAMU but any school in america . Diangelo ross 4a
i feel that hazing happens everywhere. its just a part of being in an organization. since i play basketball for friendly we sometimes mess with each other. there is nothing wrong with this unless it is taken too far or to the point of injury.
marques malone
i believe that hazing doesnt only occur in FAMU because ive heard of many other colleges that mistreat people that want to join in any type of activity. my cousin told me that one of her friends wanted to join a club and in order for her to join the club she had to do many things that not only harmed her but also harmed many others.
katherine ventura 2a
I think that hazing is a problem in colleges across the country. If I were in this situation, I would think twice of how I can handle the things that the organization were to throw at me, if I were to join on. I heard that this girl were to do things for her boyfriend in order for them to stay together.
No I do not think hazing is just at FAMU, i think it is at plenty of colleges throughout the country.Hazing would not make me think twice about joining an organization because i know the purpose of it. the only problem i have about it is wen people start to get hurt. like one of our team-mates got hurt the first day of 2-A-days because of hazing.
Juan R
3B
This problem occurs in almost every college in the U.S. This would not make me think twice about joining a group because I wouldnt put up with the hazing. We would just be fighting. My brothers friend had to fill his pant with ice and leave it there until it melted.
Marquis Credle 1A
Hazing is a big problem because it just does'nt happen at FAMU it happens in college as well as high school. or anything that you may want to do. The hazing may be to a certin extent at each level, but it still happens, for example the hazing at FAMU that lead to a students death.
Hiram Swain 1A
I know for a fact this a country wide problem at colleges. However i wouldnt think twice about joining anything i was interested in because it also happens in highschool on an everyday basis especially in sports. I believe it is a right of passage, if you go through it your accepted as one of the team. But as the woman in the interview said a hazed freshman becomes an angry upper classmen which is the only reason the hazing continues. I have been hazed my freshman year but after the upper classmen seen that i wasnt afraid they left me alone
I do think dogs should be taken from combat. People get arrested for animal cruelty but police are doing the same things. A criminal can hurt a dog. Police just need to step they game up.
I think it's a problem at every college. I wouldn't think twice about joining an orgayou because nothing like that wouldn't persuade me i'll just leave. I've heard about this guy that wanted to join a soroity and he had to drink about 5 gallons of water straight without stopping. All of the water went into his lungs and couldnt breathe and died.
Charles jackson 3B
Hazing Doesnt Happen At Just FAMU it happens At All Colleges. Especially in fraternities and sororities. I seen the hazing on tv and in movies. also I heard that some fraternities and sororities had to be shut down for some years cause of the harsh hazing. This is crazy of me but I still want to join a sorority because to me it's more then just getting embarrassed with the hazing But it shows the organization that your strong committed and courageous and you have what it takes to be apart of the organization. Which will make them want you.
Taylor Bynum 1A
Hazing is not only a problem at FAMU..nor just colleges..but everywhere...thereis hazing all the time at middle schools and high schools..you just dont really hear about it...but it used to just as a form of initiation or discipline..but now its just got out of hands..obviously to the point of death..i think from now on organizations should be constantly checked on in suspicion of hazing
Phillip moore 1b
I Know for a fact that hazing is not only happening at FAMU. Hazing is going on everywhere high schools , middle schools maybe even all schools. This is a big problem going on around at the schools and in my opinion it needs to be stopped.
Ron Phillips 3B
I Dont think its just a problem a FAMU i think its a problem at alot of colleges. People/students do anything just to get in a organization, If i was to join a organization hazing would not be a option. I heard about was along time ago when the kids was being beat and different type of stuff was threw on them ts was bad/sad.....
Post a Comment