Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Monday, December 12, 2011

Chasing out the Aliens

This article is about a law that was passed in Arizona last year.  Click through the pictures and read all the captions to get a full picture of what the law is about:

Click Here to Read

Why would Arizona pass a law like this? Do you feel like it it could violate people's rights or is it something that is necessary? Why could the government of Arizona feel as though they need this? The Supreme Court is currently reviewing the bill to decide whether it is constitutional or not. What do you think??

Click Here to Read the Actual Bill


36 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arizona is one of those states that lies quite close to the border and has actually been an area of foreign crime (mostly drug related). That being said they may find some reason in this to pass such a law. Otherwise its purely in the spirit of wanting immigrants out of the country which is extremely unnecessary. They have to and have a right to make a living just as much as the rest of us. And so long as they go through the proper procedure to become an American citizen and handle everything legally. I cannot recognize any other issue that should arise.

Ayinde Michael 1A

Juss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Juss said...

in my opinion, i feel as though Arizona should not have passed this law because anyone who goes through the procedure and becomes a citizen should be treated as one . i also feel like this law violates peoples rights . anyone who is a legal citizen , whether they are born or they moved there , should be treated with the same respect . the government could feel this way because of crimes or dangerous that took place in the past .

justyc hicks
period 2a

Anonymous said...

Arizona don't like foreigners coming into there country especially Mexicans, but they should be treated with respect not with disrespect any other country allows immigrants to come into the country and start a new life so Arizona should do the same. Jamal Hailey 2b

JACKIE:) said...

Sad to say, Arizona is becoming a state that could be viewed as a racist state. They are going about their situation all wrong. It now seems like their negative acts and treatment are all toward the hispanics. This treatment is starting to make students from feel unsafe and worried about their rights, and opportunities established to them. Arizona could just be trying the reduce their population and growth in different parts of their state. Their population could be exceeding their limit, and the only way to stop this is to stop immigrants. Whatever their reason is they need to change the way they are handeling it.
-Jackie

Anonymous said...

i think that Arizona is passing this law because their want to get the aliens back to their home. i do think it is violating peoples rights. i dont understand the whole purpose for them to pass this law.


william johnson 1a

OjitosBonitos Maria said...

I think that this is discrimination. Alabama has just passed a similar bill HB-56, I don't completely understand the reasin behind these bills. I understand that people want to remove illegal aliens from the country but at the same time what would it solve or prove or benefit even, because in reality the aliens are helping our economy and country, by way that when tax return season comes around aliens can't apply. So therefore they have worked for this long time with the government removing money out of their checks each payment period and they receive nothing back, the government gets a lot of money they don't have to return to citizens because they aren't citizens. So i don't understand why the people in America are so pressed to remove people that they believe don't belong. I am not sure if this is necessarily constitutional because it is very much so contradicting. All in all I believe that it is more so discriminatory or racism than anything.

Anonymous said...

Kayla Jackson
3B
Arizona might have passed a law like this because they may have a huge number of immigrants. It also has to do with its leaders. Their veiws on immagration might be extremely negative. I do not think that it violates people's rights because if one is not a citizen, they do not have the rights of a United States citizen. It is law that every person living in the United States must be a citizen. Many have been breaking the law. Because of this, a stronger law has to be enforced. If the immigration laws were not as strong, there could be a possibility of terroist attacks. Better safe than sorry. Overall, I do not think that the bill is unconstitutional.

Anonymous said...

I would understand why they would pass a law like this because they can stop someone who would look like a "typical immigrant". I feel that this is violating people rights because people have the right from search and seizure. They would feel they would need this because they do have a lot of legal and illegal immigrants. I the Supreme court should decide that this unconstitutional, because not all of our rights are not stated in the amendments.

Nace Denton-Hurst
4a

Dierra 1A said...

I feel that this is wrong because immigrants should be able to come and go where ever they please. It should not be a problem for them to be in Arizona or anywhere else they are human beings just like the rest of us so this is violating peoples right because they have the right to live where they want.This is not a constitutional problem this is just the people being ignorant.=)

Anonymous said...

The bill is real childish and selfish. if there is a immigrant who has this dream about coming to America and then they so happen to come to Arizona and you stop them and ask for their citizinship, thats selfish and petty. its also sad because they wasted months and sometimes years to get here then you reject them. Also the bill is ruining Arizona's reputation they are making themselves look bad and students who want to go to college dont want to go to school there because of their beliefs and decsions.
Raymond Flowers 1B

Lyric Freeman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyric Freeman said...

Lyric Freeman Period:2A I Think That The Law Is Not Fair It Is violation of peoples rights and immigrants should have the same rights as everybody else we are all people they should be able to do and go where they want like every other American.

Anonymous said...

jibraun Whitley 2A
i think the state feels they need this because Arizona is mostly made up of desert so there is not alot of job opportunities there and if illegal immigrants come and take all of the jobs available then the residents of the state will not be able to stay in the state for work.

I'mUptown_ said...

I agree with Jibraun, because there is plenty of desert in the state of Arizona. Which means that there are very few jobs for people to have. But if many illegal immigrates are taking the u.s. citizens jobs then i believe that its really wrong.

Terrell Proctor
2A

Anonymous said...

I Feel As If It was The Right Thing To Do. I Feel As If It Is A Good Thing because i feel like this law violates peoples rights in some ways thats not right. Anyone who is a legal citizen , Even Is they Were born or they moved here , That They should be treated with the same respect as anyone else.

Eric Datcher Jr.
2B

Angel Johnson 4A said...

There are many Mexicans in Arizona because this is a state that is very close to the border. With that being said all Mexicans that have entered Arizona should not be presumed as illegal immigrants. In my personal opinion no one should have to show proof of citizenship if they aren't causing any trouble, those who have been arrested should be investigated and proven to be a legal citizen. However I understand that for safety purposes the government may not want everyone to be welcomed into the U.S.

Edith Gonzalez said...

according to the news the reason for passing this law would be fault of Arizona governor Jan Brewer. she is against immigrants and does not think of the millions who come to the u.s. for a better life. it is violating peoples rights we are all humans and we should all be treated equal. the government feels tha is necessary because immigrants come to work and they are aking away the easy jobs and people in the u.s. that don't graduate or are not hard working, immigrants will fight hard to make a living.

Anonymous said...

I don't think that Jan Brewer had the right to do what she did because all the people that come here with out papers come looking for a better life and to help there family that are in their country. Like my mother and father came to the USA for a better life for their children. They want us to have what they couldn't have like a education. Alots children that are born here but have illegal parents that get deported suffer without their parents. Everybody come here for a better life imagrants are no different from the citizen we all have families to feed, bills to pay we are only different from our skin but all have the same reasons to be here. We should all be treated equal and fair.
*^ Paula Ramos 4-A ^*

Anonymous said...

I feel that this is wrong because they could very well be stopping a legal immigrant. Not every Mexican is an illegal immigrant. This is unfair to the legal ones. So I think this is wrong. Even though they are only trying to protect us, it still not right. Everyone deserve a chance for a better life, and I think that immigrants should have a chance to experence that type of life

Shannon Weaver
2A

Anonymous said...

I think that what Arizona is doing an uncalled for thing. Its starting to seem a little racist too. Maybe since they live so close to the border they may have too many immigrants. The United States all together have 11million illegal immigrants. Since thts the case they have to find a way to catch them. Even if that must be the case I still think its wrong to accuse every Spanish descent for being an immigrant. They can find another way for solving this problem.
ChynaM 3B

Anonymous said...

Why would Arizona pass a law like this.Yes I do feel like it is violating peoples rights.If the immigrants made it into america that means now they are a illegal citizen and they now have the right to live any where they want even in Arizona.

Maya Robinson
4/A

Julius Bradley 1A said...

I believe Arizona passed this law in an effort to try a new way of cutting down on illegal immigrants coming to America. I dont believe it is a violation of peoples rights but i believe it is very uneccessary. It is very angering to be stopped by an officer for the simple fact that you look a certain way. it can make you no longer trust in your country. The govt in Arizona may feel this law needed to be implemented because they are close to the boarder and have a lot of Latin Americans in their state. I think it should be thrown out it can become a racial problem.

Kelly Catama: 2B said...

Well,I would understand why they would set a law like that for Arizona. I mean, they are pretty close to the border of Mexico. The only problem is: most of the West Coast is filled with Hispanics. Some are illegal some are not. What I'm trying to say is, they might go too far and actually kick out a citizen of the US, & the person is Hispanic. Now THAT is a wrong-doing. The law is to keep the illegal Hispanic immigrants out, not to keep the Hispanics in general out.

Anonymous said...

Arizona is violating many people's rights by passing this law. They have no right to stop people of a different race or immigrants and ask for proof of citizenship. Some immigrants might not have their proof on them so that would be bad for them because , they could be arrested. They passed this law because they do not want illegal immigrants to move into their state but , they still are violating people's constitutional rights. I do not believe this law should be enacted and the supreme court should say that this law is highly unconstitutional. Hopefully this bill will not be passed and immigrants would be treated equally.

-Cailyn Thomas
1B

Anonymous said...

Because Arizona is so close to the border I would understand them passing a law like this. It's so easy for immigrants to get into Arizona because of how close it is. Arizona passing this law does not violet anyone's rights.

Deche Neal

Anonymous said...

Arizona passed this law probably for fiscal reasons, as many people feel as though they are taking their jobs. Not only is this law unnecessary, but it violates their rights as humans, not just as citizens. Also, seeing as how it inconveniences legal immigrants too, I'd say that it is unconstitutional too.

:Hunter Howard 1B:

Anonymous said...

I think Arizona is violating peoples rights. They dont have the right to stop someone that looks different or talks different and ask to see their proof that they are a citizen. The government could feel like they needed to do this maybe because they are close to the border.


Aneya Dixon 3B

Pico Cross said...

Mission completed.

Anonymous said...

They probably passed this law because they are concerned about illegal immigrants. But I think it's disrespectful and that it does violate people's rights. I'm not for this bill.

ChristianJohnson2BContinued said...

I personally believe Arizona is the most radical and racist state of all time. They have immigration rallies all the in Arizona. However as far as I'm concerned immigrants don't have rights in this country. Especially "people" rights since they aren't considered legal they aren't considered humans. So while the law is a little harsh I can see why Arizona feels the way that they do. It is justified by the Constitution.

Anonymous said...

^^^^ Kevin washington

Pretty.Boy.Millionaire☆ said...

I believe that this is discrimination. Alabama has just passed a similar bill HB-56, I don't completely understand the reasin behind these bills. I understand that people want to remove illegal aliens from the country but at the same time what would it solve or prove or benefit even, because in reality the aliens are helping our economy and country, by way that when tax return season comes around aliens can't apply. So therefore they have worked for this long time with the government removing money out of their checks each payment period and they receive nothing back, the government gets a lot of money they don't have to return to citizens because they aren't citizens. So i don't understand why the people in America are so pressed to remove people that they believe don't belong. I am not sure if this is necessarily constitutional because it is very much so contradicting. All in all I believe that it is more so discriminatory or racism than anything

_sherylle said...

Arizona has no right in passing nor proposing this bill. This is completely unfair and goes against the Consitution. I understand that illegal immigrants are passing through Arizona but that still does not mean that all immigrants should be held accountable. And also I agree with Jason 100% this bill is discrimitive and will cause many problems with immigrants in this state .

_sherylle said...

^^ TIFFANY WATSON SAID THIS !
NO ONE BETTER STEAL MY COMMENT ! lol

Anonymous said...

I dont think it a violation of anyones rights but I do think that this law can be exploited by police officers that might be racist. They could just use that law as an excuse tobe a dick.
-Dorian Womble 1A