Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Punishment or Child Abuse??

Lots of people have strong opinions about whether or not it is appropriate to punish your child physically if they misbehave or break a rule. Some people think physical punishment is never ok, some think it's ok to spank, and others think it is ok to punish anyway that is neccessary. Here are 2 videos of parents who punished there kids in ways that the media feels is controversial:

Click Here to Watch - belt

Click Here to Watch - hot sauce

What do you think about the limits to punishing a child? Is it anyone's business how a parent chooses to punish their child? Why or why not? Use FER (Facts, Examples, and Reasons) to explain your opinion.

54 comments:

Anonymous said...

what i think about of punishing your child is that it depends in how old your child is and how bad is the damage that they did but i say that for a little kid in the video of the mother giving hot sauce and giving him a cold shower to her adopted son that was horrible i feel like that is really cruel and the child was small to punish him and if she were to punish him she should have put him in time out in his room for 30 minutes or so or ground him and in some times there is a time where it can be someones business in how they punish their child becuase it could be abuse.
belky carbajal
period: 4A

Jasmine Myles 2A said...

These videos are just stupid . i dont know how feeding your child hot sauce , and giving him a cold shower is child abuse . He wasn't hurt , beat , or dying from anything that happened to him . Thats her choice on how she wants to punish him . Kids are being beaten until they are dead , and people are worrying about something as small as this ? . . . JUST STUPID . And with the other video , i think it was a little dramatic of him so beat her like that , but if he felt thats what she deserves , thats what she was going to get . Its called DISCIPLINE and i bet that beating she got , for what ever she did, she anit do it again . I think its up to the parent on how the child is being disciplined , thats no ones else business . Unless that child is brutally harmed , constantly beaten , or just to take anger out on their child , then it should be considered child abuse . but in the videos , thats just called discipline .

Xxavier W. said...

I Think It All Depends, Some Parents Try To Physically Punish Their Child For The Dumbest Things . Like That Mom With The Hot Sauce Need To Get A Bottle Of Hot Sauce Shoved In Her Mouth To See How He Feels ! But Some Kids Just Need A Little Tap For Some Things But Nothing Like That !

Edith Gonzalez said...

these videos to me are very worthless to get a punishment. I feel that in order for a parent to punish their children it has to be for something very extreme. It is the authority's responsibility to get involve in the situation where parent's are punishing the child for no reason. Because many parent's are abusive especially those that were discipline very hard and also parents that are alcoholics.

Anonymous said...

Elijah Powell
3B

It depends on what the child did and how old he or she is.If a child did something that they knew was wrong then there should be a consequence but not so much as be punished.It isn't anyone else business.They have there own child to worry about.When another parent worries about how a parent treats their kid,it causes more problems and that parent may get mad to a point where they may hurt their child or blame everything one them so the parents make more punishments for a child.This also can change how a child will develop .

Anonymous said...

I Guess It Depends On Your Perspective Of It. I Personally Think That If Your Child Is 13+, That They Should Get Physical Punishments. Especially If Its A Female Child. If I Had A Female Child, I Wouldnt Give Her Any Physical Punishment. Now If Its A Male Child, I Would Because They Need To Know How To Toughin Up For The Real World Because Life Isnt Easy. On The Other Hand Hot Sauce Punishments. I Mean REALLY?! Who Came Up With This Idiotic Lifestyle? For One Most Of The Kids I Know (4-10) Like Hotsauce As A Snack, So I Wouldnt Think Of It As A Punishment. Now As For The Cold Shower Right After, You Can Get Really Sick From It. I Would Also Think That Too Much Hotsauce Wouldnt Be Too Good For You After A Number Of Years Because Of The Acidity. If You Keep Punishing Your Kid With Hotsauce, He/She Can Get A Stomach Ulcer, Which Is A Hole In Your Stomach. I Talk From Experience. I Have Never Been Punished With Hotsauce Or Even Heard Of It, But I Used To Put Hot Sauce On Almost Everything. Over The Years I Abused My Stomach And Till This Day, Still Have A Stomach Ulcer. To Sum This All Up I Think It IS Child Abuse To Punish Your Kid Physically With A Belt Or HotSauce. And My Advise: If You Want To Punish Your Kid, Give Them More Chores. More Chores Are Beneficial For Parents; Less Work. (Tyrone Koehler-Jones 2A) 11/7/11

Victor Blakey 1A said...

I think its ok to punish a child when they do something bad but you just cant take it too far. Things like hittimg kids in their face several times and forcing things in their mouth is just child abuse. All you need to do is give your child a spanking and take away rhe things they enjoy the most like sports, tv, phones, and games. If you do that, your child will start acting right because noone wants a spanking and life would be so boring without having the things they enjoy the most. I do think its people's business how a parent punishes their child because sometimes a parent gets out of hand. If a child is being hurt by theses punishments than someone needs to check and see whats going on for the child's safety.

Anonymous said...

I do agree with punishing a child when they do wrong. But when i have a child im not goin to take it to the extreme. But kids do have to learn that their is a consequence for everything they do. But as far as abuse i think its wrong. - Da'Von Williams

Anonymous said...

I think a child should get punished if they do something wrong. But parents shouldn't take it to the extreme. Beating your child with a belt is not child abuse. I don't think that the hot sauce is child abuse, but i do think it was wrong for her to give him hot sauce at his age because he did something wrong. It depends on how old your child is.

Aneya Dixon 3B

Anonymous said...

These videos to me is simple discipline. If your child does something wrong I think they should be punished, so they won't make that mistake again. I think its your chose on how you want to raise your children, as long as you don't take it overboard. But in these videos they did basic things to make sure there child got the point of what not to do and what to do next time. There are limits, if you black your child eye or cut them then that's abuse. I don't think its anybody business on how your discipline your child because that's your child. This is my opinion on child abuse.

Anonymous said...

These videos to me is simple discipline. If your child does something wrong I think they should be punished, so they won't make that mistake again. I think its your chose on how you want to raise your children, as long as you don't take it overboard. But in these videos they did basic things to make sure there child got the point of what not to do and what to do next time. There are limits, if you black your child eye or cut them then that's abuse. I don't think its anybody business on how your discipline your child because that's your child. This is my opinion on child abuse.
RayvenJones 2A

_sherylle said...

Tiffany Watson 3B
Some people dont understand that child abuse can be mental and physical. I learned in child development that anything that cause the child to be harmed in a long term effect without teaching the child a resonable lesson is considered child abuse. Using a belt or getting a spanking isnt child abuse, because the child will learn not do the thing they did. But using hot sauce - just pure unfair and should not be done to a cild , that to me is child abuse .

Anonymous said...

Emmanuel Williams 3B

I do believe this is cruel and unusual punishment. I say this because he is only 7 years old and he is still learning. Eating hot sauce is very cruel. 1 because its very spicy. 2 because he was only playing with his friends which is what children do. And 3 he's freaking ADOPTED. i would not make my adopted son eat hot sauce for playing with his friends at school. I think that's just ridiculous.

Pretty.Boy.Millionaire☆ said...

The limits to punishing a child really depends, on what the child did and how far to an extent their actions were. I mean of course I’m not going to beating/whipping a new born because there too small for once and they don’t know the rights and wrongs yet? Their still growing and developing and they still can’t even walk yet so no, but later on in life probably. If a child did something that they knew was wrong then there should be a consequence to the actions he did but not so much as be punished but in some sort of taking to and allowing them to remember and know that what they did was wrong so don’t do it again .It isn't anyone else business how I raise “MY” child, now when it come out to your child you can threw them into a tree for all I care cause it is your child but is that wrong in my opinion yeah but it’s your child . They have their own child to worry about not mines. When another parent worries about how a parent treats their own kid, it causes more problems and then that parent may get mad to a point where they may hurt their child or blame everything on them so the parents make more punishments for a child. This also can change how a child will develop in life and how he/she would grow up and raise their own children. What is overboard on handling and punishing your own child? See my problem is when government, society, child protection services and other motherhood parents try and tell you how and how not to raise and punish your own children. What might be child abuse to you or harsh punishment could be kind and a right way of handling/punishing a child of my own. See what people don’t understand is just because a child came out the same place as every child in the “GOD GREEN GIVING WORLD” does not mean that every child is the same and should be equally punished on the same type of punishment levels “Remember it is my dang on child here” you punish yours how you want and I will punish mine however way I wont to punish mine. When you start that whole that was just child abuse your cause a bigger conflict then what you started off with in the first place and then say you should not discipline a childlike that 1st you have to remember the woman/man you see in organization like that are not firm believers in beating/whipping a child in any sort, so of course you going to call that child abuse. I know that some punishments are harsh but as long as I’m not oiling them down and beating them then get off my back and another thing it’s still my child!

Anonymous said...

In my own opinion a parent has a right to discipline their child any way they want to, to a certain extent. Some parents believe in spanking their child because some time the method helps teach the child a lesson to not do it again because there will be certain consequences. The hot sauce was extremely worthless and stupid but that parent believed in using that method. If a child starts showing bruising or becoming extremely scared thats when the physical punishment has gone to far. I would never use physical punishment or mentally abuse my child but if i wanted to its my decision, not saying its right but its my child and no one can tell me what i can do with my child.

-Cailyn Thomas
1B

Anonymous said...

I think parents shouldnt punish there kids by hitting them because thats not right and they cant protect thems selves.

marquis wright
period 2A

Anonymous said...

I Think If That Child Done Something Wrong Then There Are Consequence's But Beating Your Child To Point Where They Are Begging You To Stop Is Not The Right Answer.

Kayla Faulk:3B

Khadijah T said...

Disciplining your child and abusing them are two different things. both these videos were child abuse the girl in the first video had a scribal palse all she did was down load illegal music everyone in the world downloads illegal music who really cares that was no reason to get a beat like that i think her father should lose his job because he is sick and delusional. the other video is a example of a parent that does not know when to stop she gave the little boy hot sauce to hurt him that is child abuse. she gave the little boy a cold shower he could have suffered from hypothermia that is also child abuse because she did it on purpose i think she deserves to go to jail

Khadijah T 1B

Lyric-Freeman said...

Period:2A I Think It's Everybody's Business Only If a Child Is Way Out Of Hand No Kid Deserves The Punishment Like Sauce Being Poured Down Their Throat That Is Child Abuse Now I Think That Parent Should Be Punished But Yea a Child Should Be Spanked Because They Need To Learn Their Lesson But Not Spanked Hard Just Spanked That They Know Not To Play With You and to to what they got to to do in school or where ever else. now the judge he doesnt deserve to be a judge any more he needs to be fired because him beating his daughter like that she shouldnt even get beat no more she to big she could at least be on punishment.

Anonymous said...

I think disciplining your child to a certain limit is a good thing...But for the mother to punish her probably 4 or 5 year old son by feeding him hotsauce and giving him a cold shower was over the limit on punishment because everyone knows too much spicy things can be harmful to the internal organs.
And for the father to punish his 16 year old daughter for downloadinjg music is stupid...it seemed like he was taking his anger out on his daughter and the mother participating on it and what she said seemed like the issue than her downloading music was deeper than what they are giving too the public, but what i dont understand is why the daughter waited so long to show the video. Tarreah Tate.1b

I'mUptown_ said...

Terrell Proctor
2A

I believe that the only punishment that you should get is being grounded and that's it. I say this because no child has the rightto be abused or beat by their parents with a belt or even hot sauce. I know other parents might disagree, but your putting your child through pain and do you really want to see them cry? They might not even look at you the same anymore. The only reason why they spank them is because: their doing bad in school or because their not listening to their parents. Just give them alot of chores to do!! Now as a kid who has been spanked i will say that when it happens they always wanted me to do better in school, but the more they spanked me the lower my grades dropped. Once my parents realized that spanking wasn't the right thing they just started to give me more chores so that way i have less time to myself to go outside. So spanking will not help your child out its only hurting them so in my opinion please stop spanking kids for their sake.

Anonymous said...

There is a very big dispute between discipline and abuse. I am strongly against abse and believe that abuse to teach ethics and boundaries are fully irrational. Both the hot sauce and belt seemed like abuse to me. If discipline is both those things we might as well let all of abuse be called discipline. So many children all around the world are physically, emotionally and metally scared do to "discipline". I believe there shouldnt even be a limit to hitting your children because you shouldnt hit your children at all. There are alternatives to punishing kids for actions than just resulting in physical altercation. I believe it is everyones business as to how they punish their children because its another innocent human being we are talking about. These children often dont have a voice of their own to to defend themeselves. In the constitution there is a clause calle dthe "general welfare clause" which in turn allows the government to do s they see fit if it is for the good of the common wealth. THis allows social workers who investigate these cases to do what they do. The hot sauce to me was absolutely disturbing. In no way should a child be put through that physical and emotional damage. These types of things also lead to more crimes in the future because abuse is a chain that continues and cannot be stopped unless we stop it.
Jessica Flores 1B

Jackie said...

I believe that disciplining your child should have limits. I know our parents are from a different time, meaning their punishments were very different from today’s society. It’s funny how people today believe that getting whipped with a belt could be considered as child abuse. Child abuse is the bad treatment of a child under the age of 18 by a parent, caretaker, someone living in their home or someone who works with or around children. Abuse of a child is anything that causes injury or puts the child in danger of physical injury. So the question: Is it anyone's business how a parent chooses to punish their child provokes a lot of answers dealing with privacy, and a parents own decisions. If child abuse is going on within a household it is imperative for the child’s sake that someone is aware of the treatment and is ready to take action.
-Jackie

Anonymous said...

I think every parent has the right to punish there child, however there is a difference between punishment and abuse. These are examples of how punishment is taken to far. One can punish there child physically however this can put damage physically and mentally. Many parents get angry, but you should not take your anger out on your child. Children make mistakes and some parents have to expect that out of there child.

Nace Denton-Hurst
4A

CraigSimon2012 said...

I hate any form of punishment or abuse on a child... I do not beleive in a child getting punished by such extreme measures for petty things or actions. Physical punishment does not do anything but invoke physical and mental damage.

Amber Hackley 1B said...

I don't think any child should be beaten for anything it teaches them fear and hatred towards there parents not that they shouldn't do it again. I know what its like to experience that type of punishment and it just scars you child. Also someone I know Has permanent marks on her legs where her father whipped her. The hot sauce i don't think was to bad of a punishment but still it is a punishment that just teaches your child to punish others when i grow up.

Anonymous said...

I think that every action has a consequence. But I don't think that getting beat repeatedly and getting hot sauce poored down your throat is horrible. No child should have to go through punishment like that. It is unfair and not right.

Shannon Weaver
2A

Anonymous said...

I believe that if a child is doing something there not suppose to then they should be punished not beaten. I dont believe in beatings because a belt is made for wearing not for spanking.Its not anyones business how you punish your child but if your using hot sauce and cold showers then yes it is because thats child abuse.

Maya Robinson
4A

RaVon D. said...

The videos are purposeless . i dont know why feeding your child hot sauce , and giving him a cold shower is child abuse.the child beatin,, or dying from anything that happened to him . Thats your choice on how you want to punish your kid. Kids are being beaten to death,, and people are worrying about the little things.To me its none of our business on how adults punish their kids as long as its something serious then it can become a concern.

OjitosBonitos Maria said...

I think that noone can tell someone how to disicpline their own children when they don't have to be with them or kn ow the child. no parent is perfect neither is any child, it's a gradual learning process. every child understands, learns , and recieves information differently . some kids you can just talk to they understand and conflict solved. others may need to be whipped or spanked in order to understand that something is unacceptable. there is definetly a "overboard" but then again it varies depending on situations . i don't think that children should be whipped only maybe for certain things . but i don't think that it was wrong for the woman to give her son hot sauce and a cold shower but cause if it gets the job done then who's to say it's the "wrong" way to parent. really i dont think that whipping really works unless you beat them which is not rightnor legal

Anonymous said...

I do think there are limits to punishing your child and yes sometimes people need to step in when a child is being overly punished. I personally think that being struck with a belt is a typically punishment for a child aged 9 and over. I do think that a belt is a little extreme for younger kids. If a person is using things like sticks, bats, or even cold showers and someone sees them doing this yes they need to step in because these are dangerous to a child regardless of age.

Donyah B
4a

Anonymous said...

I think that their is a limit to punishing your child by their age if it is a child under the age of 16 then you should'nt hit the child like their a grow person if they do something wrong. Its not anyones business but if their is a child in harm then it becomes the police and the people who cares about the child's life or that can help the child. Their is a spanking a child on the hand which a punishment and their is child abuse which is not a punishment.

(Na'Teia Johnson 2A)

Anonymous said...

Ashanti Walcott 1/A

It would depend on what type of punishment is given to the child for it to be someone else's business. As far as spanking children in my opinion that is okay as a form of discipline. Some parents may take it too far such as giving a child a cold shower. Pouring hot sauce in a child's mouth to me is acceptable, but some kids like hot sauce so that may not be a good form of punishment to use. Also, the form of punishment you use should be age appropriate.

Pico Cross said...

I dont even think there should be punishment or anything like that, because at the end of the day its doing anyone any favors it will make the situation worst than what it already was.

Anonymous said...

Parents should not be allowed to treat their kids like that because for a child that age, they are defenseless, and those types of punishments can lead to a problem in the child's. It can be someone else's business if these punishments severely hurts the child.
Jasmine Biggs 1B

Anonymous said...

I think there are limits to punishing a child because you can discipline your child by hitting them but not taking it over the top. i think if kids are being hit they should get hit like one time or twice but not continuously. if the child is in harm or danger or have marks left on them then that is consider as child abuse. no it is not anyone business on how a child is being punish because what goes on that household stays in the household but if the child is being abuse that's when i think someone should go over thereto check it out
Taylor Bynum 1A

Jada Young said...

Child abuse is the physical or emotional or sexual mistreatment of children, therefore the two videos are child abuse because as Terry Real said in the hot sauce video "this is a cruel and unusual punishment..." I think that parents need to watch what they say/do to there children because it can affect them later on in life. If a child was to to something bad and the parent felt as if they needed to punish them, I think it would be best to take the things they love away; For example, if a child was to skip school I think it would be best to take the child phone, games, etc. because by hitting the child it can go two different ways they learn better or they get mad and do worse because there upset at the moment. I don't think it is anyone business on how they punish there child unless things get out of hand, like the two videos (belt and hot sauce). Parents should think about how they punish there child(ren) because some thing people just don't forget and it can cause them to be abusive in the future or mentally ill.

KaTrina Baker said...

Well personally i dont think its anyone`s business how a parent punishes there child. But if your going over the limit like using HOT SAUCE You should be put in prison. I have never heard about a parent giving their child hot sauce as a punishment. Normal punishments are not t.v or getting bear with a belt. Parents who think its fun to abuse a child need to be put in a rehab. We have feelings to we know what we do is wrong but sometimes our punishment doesnt equal the crime. The boy with the hot sauce did not deserve that he could have just goten the belt

3B

Anonymous said...

I think that children should be punished like by taking things away from them , they should never be hit not even with a belt. I think now and days parents don't really think about what can hurt a child, all they are thinking about is the punishing aspect of it. When really they should be worried about how the child can get hurt or how they may hurt the child. I think that parents taking punishing way out of control and it is other people's Bussiness (sometimes) to determine the punishment.

Deche Neal

Anonymous said...

DeShauna Wilson
Period. 2B

I think that there should be limits when it comes to punishing your child. Im not saying that you shouldnt punish your child but there are certain things that you should and should not be able to do. In the second video for a child his age, putting hot sauce in his mouth and giving him a cold shower is way to much, a spanking on the butt with your hand should be enough to teach him right from wrong. For the first video I think that she is way to old to be getting a beating with a belt. To me it should only be other peoples business if that child is being abused. For example if your a teacher and you see one of your students have whip marks or something like that on them then you should ask that student what happen and if you think its serious then you should look into it, if its not serious then leave it alone.

Anonymous said...

I think that it all depends on what the child has done, My parents have beaten me but not to the point where i have scars and bruises that lasted till this day. Punishments like drinking the hot sauce is crazy in my opionon i just think thats taking it to far. If you decide on beating a child make sure you dont scar them for the rest of your life and if you decide on the hot sauce then your just insane to me.
Raymond Flowers 1B

Anonymous said...

I think some people go too far by doing the most crazy things to their child. At the same time it's not our business because it's npt our child , but then there could could be serious injuries to the child.
Charles Jackson 3B

Anonymous said...

yes i do believe their are limits on punishing a child. i dont think that its is any ones business to tell you or ask about how you punish your child. i think that if the child is yours then you should be a to correct your child. but if you hurt your child to the point were they will have bleed on the inside of their body or worst you should stop and never do it again.

william johnson

Kelly Catama: 2B said...

to me, I think that punishment has a certain limit. There's a big difference between punishment & child abuse. like being slapped, for an instance. you can get a slapping from a parent, but to the point where it gets too far that the child starts to bruise is where the limit passes & is called child abuse. being slapped with a belt & being fed hot sauce as a child is DEFINITELY abuse. there are other ways to talk to the child & punish them. but to do THOSE THINGS to them is crucial.

Anonymous said...

I think that spanking your child is ok as long as you dont beat the child to abuse it and you have a justifiable reason to beat your child. How you punish your child is nobody's business unless abuse is in the question. I feel that there is nothing wrong with beating your child. -Stephan Taylor 1A

Anonymous said...

I think there is nothing wrong with beating you kids.It is ok to spank your child but taking it to far just because she stole some music i wouldnt agree.You will have to have a good reason for beating your child if i was a parent I would beat my child 3 or 4 times but i won't take it to the extreme.The hotsauce part was a ok punishment it is better than getting beaten.I feel there is nothing wtong with beating your child.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong for displine with your kids.But when i saw the video of the father beating his daughter to the max i think it was wrong.I Would not beat my kids that way.When i watched the bot forced to drinked hotsauce and shower in it i think its wrong but same time not that harsh.How you punish your child is nobody's business unless abuse is in the question. I feel that there is nothing wrong with beating your child. -Ebo Otuya 2B

Anonymous said...

Every child needs discipline somewhere along the line. Giving your child punishment for something wrong they've done teaches a valuable lesson. Parents show they care by stopping a mistake before it happens. I personally feel it is wrong & cruel for a child to be abused by not just a parent but anyone of that matter. There is no issue of teaching your child right from wrong but involving physical abuse is no way to go about any situation.

Karisa Johnson 4A

Danae NayNay said...

first of all I want to say that both of those videos made me sad and the the video of the little boy made me want to cry. I think there are limits to punishing your child. If you beat your child to much then it can be considered child abuse and then that's when you can go to jail. I think that limits are good so that the parents won't go overboard. I do that it is peoples business how a parent chooses to punish their child because if you go to far then you could possibly kill the child or make them damaged. I think this is how child abuse is formed. Most people can say " THIS ISN'T CHILD ABUSE THIS IS PUNISHMENT." An example is when the judge was beating his daughter I think a couple of hits were enough not seven minutes worth of his and a beating. The mother didn't have to make the boy drink hot sauce and take cold showers. To me that's child abuse. Both of those cases just make me real upset.

Anonymous said...

This is what makes me anrgy about these people. What in the world is a time out. What does grounding do nothing thats why some of these kids out here act the way they do because the law is restricting the parents from disiplining their child. Man I used to get hit with the belt but that taught me whats right from wrong, and the hot sauce thing the child is going to to eat hot sauce when he gets older anyway so I dont see the problem. And for him to get a cold shower ok and he is not crying cause the water is cold he is crying because his mother is dissapointed in him. Watch if I have a child I'm goin to disipline my child the way I will disipline my child, now I won't abuse him but if he or she doesn't listen than she is going to get that belt and if it is a he, he is going get that belt until he is 13 then if he still doing stupid stuff I'm going to knock his *** out cold until he gets the message.

Taj Tobin 3B
This article just blew my whole day for tomorrow. >:-(

Anonymous said...

Coming from a child i think that beating your child is way to much ! i mean punishing them is different from actually whooping them . i think there are better forms of punishment. i hate getting my phone taken . so i clearly clean my act up. now when i get older and have kids i'm not gonna beat them but imma SMACK that Behind real good. !!! your gonna learn the lesson okay , ! but beating them and the whole hot sauce incident is just cruel and unusual. who does that. ? that gets you punched around here. i mean i feel like that's the point when the kids POPS OFF ! you don't do that ... that is sick and weird. its corny for a parent to put hot sauce in a YOUNG child's mouth as a way of punishment . -__-

-Jyleke & Miss. Voodoo Period 2b <3

Jarrel Bailey said...

3B
I don't think this is a cruel or unusual punishment because people have their own methods on raising their child. Its just hot sauce, its not like she is making him drink pee or kick him out at a very young age. But I think that Judge did abuse his 16 year old daughter just over downloading songs for free. Even if it is illegal. But hot sauce and making her child take cold showers is nothing to me. Its not like he has allergies to hot sauce or anything. She should not do a year for that. But I think the Judge and the Wife was wrong for their actions.

Anonymous said...

I think that both of the parents shouldn't have punished there child the way that they did because that look more like abuse then punishment. The girls father made to big of a deal what his daughter did because everybody be downloading things illegally of the net. Also the mother just stood there watching her daughter get beat over and over again. The little boy's mother should have never made the little boy drink hot sauce and then give him a really cold shower hes only a lil boy who will act out in times.
Both parents should have just grounded them with no T.V or something like that.

*^PAULA RAMOS 4-A^*

Brandon Beckwith 1A said...

I think parents have the right to punish there kids to a certain extent.Kids these days think they can get away with anything and won't be punished for it.Oh go wait in a corner for a certain amount of time.H ow is that teaching your kid not to do it again? But I do think parents get a little too work up on small things there child does.Mostly because they are tired of having to deal with them.