Check School Announcements at: http://friendlyhsdailyannouncements.blogspot.com/

Monday, November 28, 2011

NO DEAL!

Remember last year when we were about to have a government shut down? Well a deal was made so that a group of Congressmen, 6 Democrats and 6 Republicans, would have to get together and decided on how they could agree to eliminate the U.S. debt.

Click Here to Read Article

What do you think is going to happen now? Where should the government make its cuts? Military? Domestic (schools, welfare, roads, transportation, etc)? Could this cause another recession? Why or why not? How could this effect President Obama? How could it effect YOU personally??

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a bad idea but if they do decide to do it I think military funds should be cut if any thing this wont bring a recession and it wont effect me personally
D.nelson

Anonymous said...

I think it is a bad idea but if they do decide to do it I think military funds should be cut if any thing this wont bring a recession and it wont effect me personally
D.nelson

Anonymous said...

I think that the government should cut military funding, we should bring our troops home and let those foreign countries fight their own war. Only input we should have is when or if the foreign countries try and cross U.S. soil. By cutting military funding it will free up billions of dollars that could be directed to other needed programs, and it will definitely get us out of recession. I think it will help President Obama's ratings go up.
C.Myers

Langston Parker said...

Personally this is all some BS because the government wants nothing but our but they are disguising this as a big debt problem.If the government wanted to end the debt they can stop the greedy a$$ banks and tax the richest 1%.Soon all of everyones money will be gone literally all savings will be gone.So start getting it together because for the next decade all that's gonna be thrown at us is bullsh!t.I stick my middle finger to the government banks and everyone else tryna steal my money.

Anonymous said...

I think this is a bad idea, i think that they should cut the military funds. Maybe that could take away some of this debt. Why Take away from schools and transportation, those are important things. I don't think this would effect me at all. It might effect Obama because he may not agree with it.
Deche Neal

Anonymous said...

I don't think there should be any cuts we need everything that we have in this country. They should not take away from the people just because of there own mistakes. This will definitely effect Obama because if something goes wrong he is the one that has to find out how to fix it. This don't make no sense.

Dierra 1A

Anonymous said...

I think it is a bad idea I think before we start cutting funds we need to think of a plan if possible to fix our problem be fore we create more problems for us. If we do decide to cut funds I think it should cut from the military because we spend to much on weapons. Will this make our recession worst yes because cuttin money any time will be taking money away from the people wall street just everything that hekps build our economy... This wont effect me at all for now untul later when I have to get a job.... D.nelson

Anonymous said...

In A Way They Could Make Cuts But In Another Way They Shouldnt Because The Millitary Needs The Funds Therefore to Protect The citicens Of The U.S,Yea This Could Cause Another Resesion Because Times Are Hard Now And Nonone Can Really Detect Weather the ShutDown Will Come Again But In This Pattern It Will Happpen, This Affects Obama By Saying He Isnt Doing His Job
When He Is Trying To Make Up From Recent Stuff Of Former President Gorge Bush Jr Therefore He Cant Get Every Thing Done In A Small amount Of Time, It Affects My Learning And My home Economics.

Anthony Davis 2B

Rashad Atkins 4A said...

I think what's going to happen is that we would have a worse recession as they try to pay the debt off. The government would make it's cuts on taxes gas and other necessities. This would effect President Obama by how the people see him they might think he's not a strategic or a stable president. What I mean by that is that they might think he doesn't know how to run the country.

Michael West said...

Michael West I do not think they should cut anything but if it should be then military. I do not know what for but take some off their money i guess we still need our troops. The stuff that was listed we need so the government will have to find another way to get money

Anonymous said...

Adam Pinkney 4A

I think the government should make their cuts in military funding. Not enough money is being fundled into schools to better childrens education. I really don't think that this will cause a recession. President Obama just needs to make the right decisions on where he makes the budget cuts so that the country is a better place to live.

Anonymous said...

To start solving this isssue we should take away the tax cuts for the rich and perhaps make cuts on our roads.Any solution will likely cause a recession, since 15 trillion dollars is too much debt to end quickly. President Obama has yet to do anything about the debt which will hurt his chances in winning the next election. Unless any major changes occur I don't think this will effect me.-J.Browder 1B

Jarrel Bailey said...

I think that the military should make its cuts on transportation, because we need everything else. This should only be temperarly this should not be permeate then they should reduce cuts on something else. It should just be a cycle until they get all confirmed deal. People need all of these things though. But the only thing they should not reduce cuts is the military because we as a nation needs the military.

Anonymous said...

I think that they should start making thier cuts on the military. We have some things that we just don't need on our defense. Like why do we need to have like five fighter jet concepts. I think that there should be one fighter jet that could do it all. I believe that this could save 50% of the money being spent.

Taj Tobin 3B

Anonymous said...

Im really not as to what will happen now. Whatever the outcome of the issue is Obama and the democratic party will definantly be the blame for it. The government should make cuts in the military funding because i believe that the war expenses is the main thing keeping from relieving debt/ This could cause another recession but soon money will be spent in which we technically don't have and taxes will be raised and cuts and budgets will be enforced again causing people to lose their jobs. This could affect me personally because i'll be graduating soon and looking for a job at this rate there wont be any for me even with my degrees of schooling.
-Breanna Brown 1B

Pretty.Boy.Millionaire☆ said...

I think what's going to happen is that we would have a worse recession as they try to pay the debt off. The government would make it's cuts on taxes gas and other necessities. This would effect President Obama by how the people see him they might think he's not a strategic or a stable president. What I mean by that is that they might think he doesn't know how to run the country.

MarquisC said...

The government should make cuts in military fund. They spend all our money to fight a non existing war. This could cause another recession because their is not enough money in the economy. Obama might not get re elected if he runs again. It will affect me because everything will cost more. I'm about to go to college and that is expensive already.

Anonymous said...

To Be honest I really think the Government should make their cuts in Welfare & Domestic Because All schools In our Area And National Have low Budget Funds So Their Is a Limit on Just about everything especially Food. The Government should Worry about the Importants Like School,Transportation,& Military Because those Are the Things That Really matter in our time of Today.
#DonaldMoore period 4a

Anonymous said...

Dontonio Burdette2B: Some one call young jezzy cause we about to have another recession. First if they make cuts on anything it should be transportation not education I mean look how messed up friendly is. Personally this is going to affect me in ways i wont know because I will see my people i care about maybe looking for jobs. This is going to affect president obama because we as the people probably are going to blame him for this SORRY!. But if this does happen theres definitely going to be a recession.

OjitosBonitos Maria said...

In my opinion this atticle is in some opinion correct. I believe that everyone is trying to say amd blame Americas conditions on president obama but it only takes a little thought and common sense to sed that it isnt. People are just trying to hurt him politically because they dont want to see him serve another term. I believe that thos would effect me by more resttiction not going places, trying to cut corners to save money , etc. I believe america isnt over the last recession regardless of what statistics say and if in fact statistics do say that the recesdion ended in the year2009, yhen people would also realize thats the year president Obama took office. I dont think they shoulf cut anymorr on education because education is honestly the key to life, amd america is ramked the best 16 out of the woer ld, we used to rank #2. I think we need to get thi.ngs together. And the army has great opportunities, an ec benefits but as far as this war why unlesd otys necessary protection for American citozrns we nn er d to bring all our t th oops back be cause being in Afganistan , we are waisting money and very rapidly at that.