
Read this article and look at the image in question:
Click Here
What is your opinion? Does the Republican party have freedom of speech here or is this a threat to the President? Make sure you are putting personal bias aside and discuss strictly the 1st amendment right. Use Facts, Examples, and Reasons to defend your response!
15 comments:
This is strictly freedom of speech. So long as there is no obvious verbal threat to the President's life there is hardly and issue here. This is an example of free press and harms no one. Purely a nice little cartoon in the spirit of the holiday. Now granted it was a little drastic. There was nothing truly wrong with this.
Ayinde Michael 1A
I Think This Is Freedom of Speech Because That What They See Obama And His Supporters. I Also Agree With Ayinde Said If It Is Not Verbal or Talking About They Are Going To Shoot Every Obama Supporters And Obama Then It Is Not Really A Threat, But I Also Agree With What a Virginia Political Blog Said "He Did Go To Far". That Is Offensive To Obama And It's Gonna Shed A Negative Light On The Republican Party.
Kayla Faulk:3B
I agree with both Kayla and Ayinde because it is freedom of speech and they have the right to say what they want. But then again it can be taken as a threat because Obama can take it as the Republicans saying their going to shoot him in the head. I believe that it was utterly inappropriate and uncalled for. I think that the republicans should apologize to Obama's face if they want it to be sincere.
Emmanuel.Williams 3B
Sorry Mrs.Reynolds i keep forgetting to put my name with the post but I just posted the one agreeing with Kayla and Ayinde
I think this Freedom of Speech. The Republicans can say what they want. I think they were trying to be funny on Halloween. But i think it was inappropriate to make the photo. Obama can take it as a threat because in the picture he has a bullet whole in his head. But the Republicans did not make any threats. They should just apologize and get over the photo.
Aneya Dixon 3B
Ron Phillips 3B.....
I think it was a freedom of speech because thats how they feel and they did not say anything about hurting him or anyone else. You cant make someone feel a different way about another people. It was mean but it wasnt harmful to him or the public.
I think this is a case that i honestly think thier not realy wrong. Their sharing their own opinions in their own way. We do things like that to. It might not be as harsh but its just as bold. Like when people promote gay rights
-Dorian Womble 1A
I think this is a case that i honestly think thier not realy wrong. Their sharing their own opinions in their own way. We do things like that to. It might not be as harsh but its just as bold. Like when people promote gay rights
-Dorian Womble 1A
I think that this isn't something to play and joke around with. This is serious. I do think that they went to far. No the Republicans do not have freedom of speech. The picture that they had of the President is threatening and it could also have another meaning. It can mean that they want the President killed or they're going to try to kill him. It's not freedom of speech when you start threatening peoples lives that's when that freedom is ignored. The 1st Amendment says that we have the freedom of speech and press but when it's something like this then that's when that right is not put into play at all. You could possibly get charged with something else. But I'm not for sure. If yup have a sign that means to harm people then that's not freedom of speech.
This is Freedom of Speech.This could have be related more to Halloween.Then a death threat to the president. I see nothing in the picture that should really offend anyone. The picture even has a carved pumpkin in it so.This poster is more of a joke then a treat.
The Replublicans have freedom of speech here. The picture is clearly Halloween themed and was blown out of proportion. Nothing in this picture is alarming. -Stephan Taylor 1A
There is nothing that would threaten the Republicans 1st amendment, but with that being said, the comic is a bit much. Depicting the president with any grisly wound would alert anyone, and a part of their brain probably told them this.
:Hunter Howard 1B:
I Think This Is Freedom of Speech Because because they have the right to say what they want if That's what they think of him that's what they think and it's around the halloween theme too. But then again it can be taken as a threat because Obama can take it as the Republicans saying their going to shoot him in the head. I believe that it was utterly inappropriate and uncalled for. I think that the republicans should apologize to Obama's face if they want it to be sincere
This is freedom of speech in my opinion. Republicans have the right to say what they want about Obama. The same way democrats have a right to say what they want about republicans. This wasn't considered a threat because in the comic strip it had nothing to do wit killing Obama or hurting him in anyway.
^period 3b
Post a Comment