Click Here to Read Article
Why do you think these outbreaks are becoming such a tradition at Wal Marts? Does it have to do with the people? The economy? The supply and demand? What have stores done to try to prevent these incidents? What more could they do to provide a safer environment?
80 comments:
I think these outbreaks are becoming a tradition because when there is a HUGE sale that's only one day out of each year, everyone is going to want a bargain from it. In order to get what you want some people may just resolve it in violent ways. It has a lot to do with the type of person it is because a person that doesn't make as much money is going to want things way more than a person who can afford it regular price. Since the economy is bad, its also hard for people to afford stuff so this day that we call "Black Friday" will be a very big deal. Stores need more control and organization so that things wouldn't be as hectic and to provide a safer environment, all they need to do is be more careful.
ChynaMcCombs 3B
I believe that these huge outbreaks are a tradition. Every year there is a "Black Friday" sale. The prices of items are extremely lowered, and this causes people to become overly excited. Walmart is having the largest amount of issues because Walmart provides many different categories of items. I don't believe that the economy has anything to do with the amount of outbreaks because this started way before the economy fell. I believe that the stores are doing the best they can with prevention, because there are police officers, and workers who are there to keep everything inn order. It is impossible to control the amounts of individuals that arrive for the sales.
Justin Boone 1B
I believe the whole black friday tradition of violence inside or outside of walmart is both walmart and the people shoppings fault. I believe walmart is wrong because if they would have tightened up security before black friday so the security guards can have more experience by training them how to deal with big crowds instead of just throwing a bunch of inexperienced security guards and pretty much telling them good luck. I thin walmart and other stores should let 30 people in at a time and have a fence before the door with a line of security by the fence and once the 30 get in safely let 30 more in then once the first 30 leave let a little more in so far so forth. I think society causes these riots because society these days is so materialistic.
David Barr
Period 2a
I think these riots are cost by supply and demand. Every christmas peoples kids want expensive gifts. Husbands want to buy nice gifts and wifes the same. Everybody isnt rich and when people hear bout a sell they go all out. They try to get everything they can. Its ashame how they act sometimes. I dont think its any thing stores can do to make black friday safer. People are crazy!
I believe its not only the economies downfall, or supply and demand. But its the pure materialistiic desires we as human being have a bad tendency to have. The fault is mainly on the how uncivilized people can be. But partly it is also walmarts fault. they are supposed to insure the safety of their costumers. They should have one or two walmart employer at each major sale in which people will most likely go deranged. they should have one line and "first come first serve". walmart should also have a security scan for everyone who comes in. Police official should also be there.
I think that it resualts in violence because people might want to get something that have a discount on it and they been waiting for this one day and i dont why it happens at wal-mart but maybe shoppers think that people do way to much for some store items so they argue and then that when fist get thrown .Diangelo Ross 4A
Wow, just wow... People getting shot for Xboxes and $2 waffle what-evers.
This is why the government doesn't tell the general public about incoming danger like, the possibility of getting nuked or 2012 and why the rest of the world hates us. When there's money or a "sale" afoot Americans go crazy. The waffle thing was only 2 dollars not a thousand! Why are they rioting just pay for it and move on with your life.
I Think They always take advantage of Walmart because Walmart is already has low prices so when black Friday comes around and the prices go even lower then everybody goes even crazier than ever.I Think they need more security And More Police If they know it is going to be crazy!!!!
KaylaFaulk:3B
Okay Now I don't know why would people start a riot over some waffle iron. the reason why they were $2 because once they get home and plug it in,it don't work. To me it does sound like a tradition at all the WalMarts. The economy is to blamed because with alot of out of job and they would do anything to get what they want. The stores are not do anything to keep these incidents from happening. To provide a more safer environment like Black Friday, the stores should hire more security to prevent thing like this from ever happen again.
I belive these outbreaks are tradition now. I mean when you look at it, black friday is the oneday out of the year where just about all things on the market are on sale. And it would just so happen that Walmart is the go-to place for those sales. And knowing that the items there and the time to get them are limited can lead to major conflict over who gets it. The way I would prevent this is to just hire more security for that one day of the year.
Kevin Banks 1B
i think that all of these problems at walmart does have to do with the people and the economy becausethe people act like animals as one of the ladys said in the article the economy is bad and people are trying to get as much as they can to help themselves also the stores have tried to do things to prevent the incidents they had staff members all around the aisles of what i saw and poeple still act like they have no manners or anything and i think that something they can try to do to provide a safer environment is to try to hire more security people
Belky Carbajal
Period: 4A
Like what i don't get is that why can't we just be civil with the "tradition" it's kinda Walmart's fault that they keep these sales for one day ! i mean if it was like a week or two weeks that totally different so of course it's a "Tradition" but it's a horrible dangerous one ! and they already have security guards in the Walmart stores but that really doesn't help much LOL ,
- Jyleke (:
I think the reason these outbreaks are so frequent is because some people just like to cause a scene . Like with the waffle makers , the only reason people were trying to get them because they were 2$ and whole time they know that they not gonna use it more than once , its just gonna sit there and collect dust . Some people were taking 2 at a time , soo i know they weren't gonna use it , they were just being greedy , pressed , and doing the absolute most .
Elijah Powell
3B
I think these outbreaks has become a tradition at wal-mart.It mostly have something to do with people because most of them aren't patient enough.Then again it can be the supply or item that everyone wants so wal-mart drops the price which makes everyone go crazy for them.I haven't seen stores do anything to prevent it.Maybe they should get people or workers to watch over the store.
Walmart is the most common place to shop at.People find it better to shop at Walmart because there's better prices. I feel that the stores have done nothing to prevent the situation from happening because of every time i go to it i only see one security , they should have more security.
I think that these outbreaks are becoming such a tradition at wal marts because people want the sales so bad that they would try to do anything to get the things they need, and its be going on for so long that everybody will be prepared for black Friday and also they show it on tv so when kids see and grow up. then they going do the same. This rage for Black Friday is all because of the people and not the economy, the reason is because people need to learn how to handle there self out in public and wait patently for there product they want.Stores try to have alot police there and either make a line so that they give them tickets so 5 go in at one time,s o they trying to make it safe. -Juwan Reese 1b
People just go ham because it is a harsh world out here and if someone wants something bad enough they will do everything to get it.This is the way this world is.People don't care anymore.AN xbox is not that important to pepper spray any body though xboxs are cheap these days.People need to chill.
I think that it keeps happening because of both supply and demand and economy. Both of those things plays very important role in why people get so crazy. Black Friday is the day when big things are cheap, the stores are In the black. People get crazy because people like big things . Stores really don't do anything about it because it's the same every year.
Deche' Neal
I think these outbreaks are becoming a tradition because of the amount of money taken off of very expensive items and a lot of people cant afford it unless they take the prices down. Also they rush in because if the item is gone that's the end of it so everyone bum-rushes and tries to get it first.
Dierra 1A
Ron Phillips 3B
I think these things happen in Wal-Mart because of the big sales and also beacuse of low supply and high demand and everyone is trying to get to the same thing at one time but also hurting each other doing it. I think Wal-Mart need to let it be known before they ever let people in how much items they have and ect. People also do these things because they dont really have money and they trying to get all the sales they can.
People become very outrageous when supply is high and prices are low. These are examples of when people see a good deal how they become. People get insane and people become aggressive. Stores should have some type of procedures on day like this, if not it can become even more dangerous conditions for people. They can let a few people in at one time in the store.
Nace Denton-Hurst
4A
I think there is a huge outbreak because its a recession and everybody has to get it whenever they can.Now that Black Friday is in the picture its basically like a National holiday because Prices are low and demand is high.With that being said everybody gets the family and plot what to buy, steal etc.So its no way to really stop the unnecessary violence unless Flack Friday is completely shut down or if the stores get police to help them.
Craig Williams 3B
I Personally Think It Is Becoming More Of A Tradition At Walmarts, Because It Seems Like Every Year More People Get More And More Involved In Black Friday. The Economy Has A Effect On The Situation Also, As The Economy In Genernal Goes Down, People Are Searching For Easy Ways To Save Money Or Make A Profit. I Guess More And More People Are Realizing That "Black Friday" Is An Easy Way To Save Money, But To What Expense? Alot Of People Take Black Friday Serious. They Save Their Money Up And Spend It On Black Friday, To Gain More Stuff At A Cheaper Price. I Know For A Fact That Any Previous Year, My Mom Didnt Attend Black Friday, But My Attended This Year Because Of The Economy. From My Own Experience, Black Friday Is Dangerous. Especially If You Camp Out At A Really Known Store Like Ralph Lauren Or Maybe Even Something Like Finish Line. Many People Get Impatient While Camping Or Really Want A Certain Item, That Makes Them Take Drastic Measures. Like At A Walmart Where A Woman Pepper-Sprayed A Crowd Juss To Be On Of The First People To Get An Xbox At That Store. Alot Of People I Know Went To Black Friday In Groups, Just Incase Someone Took A Drastic Measure And They Got Injured. To Provide A Safer Environment, The Stores/Malls Should Include More Security/Police Guards. (Tyrone Koehler-Jones 2A)
The reason I think these outbreaks are becoming such a tradition is simply because of the people. I think it does have a lot to do with the economy because prices are constantly rising and people are losing there jobs, so parents are going crazy over thing because Christmas is around the corner.Some stores have a guards at the door to check people or I think they should because this would prevent a lot of accidents.
Maya Robinson
4/A
This article just proved how violence takes place over the most insignificant things. Something as simple as a waffle maker can only make ignorant people go crazy. I think alot of the rioting happened because people noticed there were alot of people entering a store at one time and figured it was a perfect time to take something without being noticed, but things get out of hand when the product is scarce and people become desperate. I really don't understand why black friday would continue, of course the prices are lowered but some stores only decrease prices very slightly and to be honest i don't think people are going to be satisfied until its free which is why they cause they mayhem that they do.
I think these traditions are going on every year because a lot of people do not think about the fact that they can get robbed in a instant. When people are trying to get deal on certain things for holidays thigs will get serious if they don’t get want they want. Plus there will always be a lot of people in the stare or around the store some people buying things for their family and some people waiting and watching people to see what they are buying so that they can follow you to your car away from a lot of sight and rob you. I think the best thing to do when you are out sopping looking for deal is go with at least 3 people who you know will help you in a out of control situation. Also be aware of all your surrounding when you are going in and leaving out of the store. And make sure you and your family stay together when you are doing holiday shopping. Everybody be safe!!
Brandon rice
Of course it's become a tradition. America has become a pillar of avarice and materialism. The people constantly desire new or better things perfectly content with spending their money on a new piece of technology or new article of clothing that chances are they will have completely forgot about by the next week. Only to buy something else. When Black Friday comes around the levels of greed soar leading people into doing whatever it may cost to get what it is that they want. Supply is high and alas so is the demand. Especially at low prices. It would seem however that even in an effort to stop the chaos stores don't put in the best of effort because even they realize the amount of money they make from the copious amounts of people that gather. If anything organized shopping would be perfect for such situations. Police enforced, carefully coordinated. Things of that nature.
Ayinde Michael 1A
Mindless consumption behavior of Americans these days that you have people losing all common sense and behaving totally irrationally and violently over a damn waffle iron or whatever.
I think that these riots are becoming a tradition. I think the riots has something to do with the people because on that day, they dont care how the are going to get their stuff, as long as they buy it. Walmart is suppose to make sure that none of this will happen. They should have security at the door, to make sure no one has a weapon. I don't think the stores have done anything to try and prevent these incidents. Where they know its going to be a rush to get that item, they should have employees over there watching and helping the customers. They should also have police outside of the store to make sure no one is getting robbed or shot for their stuff. I think shooting someone just for their stuff is stupid, also if you rob them.
Aneya Dixon 3B
Me personally I think they went to walmart to take advantage of them because before black Friday caame walmart always had low prices then black Friday lowers them down even lower and they have great stuff in there so people took big advantage of them. Also walmart should of gotten more security or security with more experience on crowds like black Friday.
William Rosier
2A
First of all it has to be the people, second of all Wal-Mart knows that their scene gets hectic this time of year anyways. Wal-Mart already has low-prices that billions of people take advantage of. SO what do you expect when low-prices get even lower, and only for a limtited amount of time.... everybody and their mother is goin to try and take advantage of it. - Da'Von Williams 1-B
These Out Breaks are becoming a tradition because some people love the excitement of pushing and shoving and not really getting in trouble for it and on top of all of that they get things for low prices. the supply demand is a big reason people do this because the cheap items are limited people want to be the first one to get the Xbox 360 ect. i dont think anything could be done to make a safer environment, maybe more security
Khadijah T. 1B
I believe Black Friday has become a bigger concern with the recession being a factor. Stores can benefit from the large participation. Customers can capitalize on deals and sales.
Jordan D.
1B
- ` taqiyyah recio
i believe that all theses outbreaks are a tradition because it a good sale and people are struggling right now so the cheaper things are more people will engage to that store.The government may night be able to provide a safer environment because its gonna be ALOT of people and there is over a million wal marts
These outbreaks are becoming such a trend mainly because of the people today. Supply and demand also has something to do with it. Its a shame that people are fighting and killing over marked down material items. Stores could try to organize theirBlack Friday events better though. People are usually all over the store, bumping each other, so of course a fight is going to start. - Stephan Taylor 1A
I think that this is becoming a tradition because people want ceryain things and they will hurt other people to get it. The supply is low so only a certain amount of people can get a specific item and if you are not one of the people who get that item then that when all the fighting happens. And for the peoeple who rob people, I think it is horrible. They waited in a long line just to but something for their families. If they really wanted something, they should have waited in line like everybody else. But Overrall I think the reason so many people are getting hurt is becuase supply is low. People will stop at nothing to get what they want.
Shannon Weaver
2A
I think that this is becoming a tradition because people want ceryain things and they will hurt other people to get it. The supply is low so only a certain amount of people can get a specific item and if you are not one of the people who get that item then that when all the fighting happens. And for the peoeple who rob people, I think it is horrible. They waited in a long line just to but something for their families. If they really wanted something, they should have waited in line like everybody else. But Overrall I think the reason so many people are getting hurt is becuase supply is low. People will stop at nothing to get what they want.
Shannon Weaver
2A
I think this happen at walmarts because there stuff is cheap and affordable. Mostly all the aggressive parents run in and trying to rush to get all one item. It deals with supply and demand because supply is high demand is low. I don't they going to prevent people from these incident's
Michael West TH eonly way they will be able to stop outbreaks is if the give numbers or stickers to the ones in line first and that can afford it on that day. A lot of people run and push others when the doors open and give bad damages to the ones getting steped on like a man a year ago. The y did do the ticket thing for the big items like t.v.'s, tablets and more so things did calm down this year.
I think the reason why these outbreaks have become a tradition is because Walmart has really good deals on there merchandise and people like shopping at Walmart anyway. I think it has to do with all the people, the economy, and the supply and demand. I don't think that some stores have done much to prevent these incidents. Other stores on the other hand have way more security than before because they know things like that happen a lot. They could make sure that every area in store has a security guard. Another solution is that they can give people number so that way they can make sure they can sell a certain amount of items before they have things like that.
In my opinion it is a little bit of everything. I think it is mainly people get excited and anxious about all the commossion going on. I don't think it is becoming a traditon, but honestly this is the first i've ever really heard about anything violent with the black friday events. I do think that some of the big contributers to the violence would be the recession or the way the econom is, so people are more agressive. I don't necessarily think that a shortage for product. although the demand would atomatically be greater than normall becasue everything is on sale and is a lot cheaper than any other days.
Me being a young black male with not alot of money due to the economy I can understand why it's violence at a place like walmart because on black friday the sales are the best thing. It does have to do with the economy because the of recession alot of people have no jobs, when it's sales like that most people wouldn't miss them for anything. But they should have security posted all through the stores because "no one" want's to get arrested over some food or a game at walmart.
Virgil Jeffries
ithink people get to excited now a days over the sales because most of all the sales last the whole week,like i went to walmart to get something for my phone and the ipod and game cases were still filled so idont see why people gotta be stupid around this time of year.theres enough too go aroung for everybody.
marquis wright
Period 2a
People know it's the biggest day of the year any many people go crazy over big sales.I think it's based off supply and demand because it starts fights over the last item or someone ending up getting robbed. They should increase more security in all areas to make a better environment.
Charles Jackson 3B
These outbreaks are becoming a tradition because people are savages when it comes to major sales. All of that kindness and manners they have learned go right out the window so they can get what they want. In my opinion they should have a LOT more security when having major sales like this. They keep thinking that people are not going to shoot people or pepper spray people for items but clearly people do not care about anything but low prices. In my opinion they should truly not even have black Friday anymore if they cannot control all of the chaos. Cyber Monday is sufficient enough , people can get low prices and not have to get hurt for a stupid waffle maker . But that will never happen so all we can do is hope next year there won't be so many incidents.
-Cailyn Thomas
1B
I believe the violent incidents occurring at Wal-mart are simply because of the economy, as well as the people. Because Wal-mart is a store with low prices for somewhat quality products people are drawn more to that store before the others. Also the products wanted by many are usually scarce at times so people end up getting violent with one another causing these acts to become a trend every holiday year. Fights that break out around the world during the holiday year are usually over products that they want. Some ideas that I would recommend for stores are: have more security guards around the store, and also have more registers open. I think that would help, but at the same time there is only so much you could do.
-Jackie Loiseau
Adam Pinkney 4A
Well it can be any of those things. Black friday is where great deals happen only for one day. People hear that and go crazy. The stores may have a low supply with a very high demand which makes people have to fight to get what they want before it's all gone.
I think that the Wal-Mart violent outbreaks occurring every black Friday is because the economy and the people. The economy is part of these violent outbreaks because people are struggling now days so when a huge sale like black Friday happen everyone is trying to get the things they want/need because they are on sale. The people are part of these violent outbreaks because they are the violence, meaning they would do whatever they can to get there hands on the merchandise, for example, the women who pepper sprayed 20 people for the X-box. I think store have got more security then past years to help resolve the conflicts on black Friday. The stores need to supply more things so that a lot of people could get what they want.
-2B
I think its could "Black Friday" for a reason. Every year Wal-mart has too good to be true sales for a reason. They want to be the best retail store in America. They can try to make the enviroment more safer by trying to have more security but i really dont think that will completely stop black friday violence.
It happening because of the economy people are out of jobs and such, people want to get a sale, they dont have the money to just buy it regular price.Stores have been trying to get the police but either way its going to end up blood shed and voilence. I guess they can improve maximum security and maybe not bring everything down on sale.I would tell the people if they keep being voilent, there will be nomore sales until they stop the voilence
I think the cause of these violent outbreaks are the people and the publicity Wal Mart gains when these violent outbreaks are placed on TV and the internet. Probably one of the reasons Wal Mart does so little against these outbreaks. Better security would help lower these outbreaks and better protect the shoppers.-J.Browder 1B
I think it is becoming a tradition because Walmart has soon good deals. Also even though we are out of the recession people still don't have a lot of money ans whenever there is a discount or sale they go crazy. I think it has to do with the sales more than the people because if their is a sale for a phone that costs $200 BUT NOW ITS ONLY $99 that is just calling for disaster. I think the stores should have more security and more order in their stores .
Raymond Flowers 1B
It has everything to do with supply and demand in my opinion. Very so that with those great prices and limited things and the economy is still not very much as well as it has been before therefore they are trying to get all that they can for there little ones.
It has everything to do with supply and demand in my opinion. Very so that with those great prices and limited things and the economy is still not very much as well as it has been before therefore they are trying to get all that they can for there little ones.
Taurean Jones 1A
the outbreaks became a tradition because people are so used to the craziness the embraced it. yes it is the people. the reason why it does is because it people feel that they have to do the most to make it a true black Friday. the store try to prevent this by having more supplies people what.
william johnson 1a
Domonique Moore 2A
I think these outbreaks are becoming such a tradition at Wal Marts because the prices are very low on black friday then what they are all year around.I think it has to do with the people income because majority of the people can only afford it at times like Black Friday ,so yes it has more to do with the supply and demand. Honestly, I dont think stores have tried to prevent these incidents because if they no the samething happened back in 2008 they would of increased more security to at least decrease the violence. To make it a safer enviornment they could make it a safer enviornment
The reason because these incidents are becoming a tradition is because of the savings and the economy isn't helping either. I can't really think of a way any store really could stop 200 people from trampling each other.Just to get an item an a super low discount.I don't think stopping black Friday will help either.I actually think that may make things even worse.
This may happen at Walmart do to their prices already being low and reasonable for thier customers to buy things. when Black Friday comes the prices go even lower and since Walmart's prices are already low this excites people because now the prices are even lower for them to but things. In result people go crazy and try to go get everything they want or need and since it is probably a low suppy and high demand at Walmart customers have to fight for whatever they want.
Anthony Franklin
4a
This is becoming a tradition at walmart because one the prices are Extremely low, people get impatient because you are there for so long, and Wallace only put out a certain amount of products...so its on the first come first serve bases. It Has Nothing to do with supply and demand but has something To Do with the economy because it's helps agencies get out the red. Meaning it's helps give agencies and businesses gain more money...so black Fridays helps the economy. Walmart block off sections and have line set for certain electronics... But the only thing I could say is to provide more security and or have you Pre sale your tickets on line or something for the electronics.
Taylor Bynum 1A
I think its beacuse people have no common since. Its called online shopping. You can get the same deals online than if you were at the store. People are just in a rush to get to a store so they could get the best deals thats all.
Taj Tobin 3B
I think these outbreaks are becoming a tradition because now people know they can get what they want by resolving to violence. People are going crazy!!! You only have from Midnight Till maybe 3 in the afternoon to get what you want thats on sale beofre evrything is sold out. I think people really get mad when the things that they want is sold out. Sometimes when the person in front of you may have the last thing that you wanted they want to fight you for it. Some people get fustrated because they stand in line for a long time and when they finally get to the register EVERYTHING IS SOLD OUT!!!!! Thtas when people really get mad. Most stores have security in the parking lot and at the register so there isnt any problems at the store.
3B
I think these outbreaks are becoming such a tradition at Wal Marts because they always have the best deals. Prices are so low so people are in a rush to get items before they are all gone. It really has nothing to do with people its just the prices. People are use to prices being so high that on black friday when they are so low, people are eager to get things. Stores have tried to bring in more police on events like black friday. I think they should also just allow a certain amount of people to enter the store at a time.
I think these outbreaks and violent acts are a tradition in WalMarts because WalMart is one of the many stores that offer outrageous discounts on black Friday. Stores like best buy have organized themselves and prevented these outbreaks by making them stand in line, and keep police officers posted in case the situation gets out of hand. These people are in such a rush and so desperate to get these good deals probably because of the economy. A brand new toaster would be half the price on black Friday, the people have something to do with it also. There is that group of people that always look for the smallest discount, they might want to get their hands on those good deals while they still can. Stores can prevent this violence and unnecessary acts by organizing lines to prevent customers from running in and acting crazy.
Daniel Munibez 2A
Let me start off by saying Black Friday is ridiculous. Okay on to the questions. These kind of outbreaks are occurring because retailers are promising these "super" deals that aren't really so super. These ads are put on just to drag you in the store, because once you get in everything that you wanted is already gone. I don't think the economy has anything to do with this, I think people just want to feel like they're doing something spectacular when really they aren't. Stores aren't taking any preliminary precautions KNOWING that violence is going to occur. Stores can stock up more than they've been doing and open up stores at REGULAR times as opposed to adding on to hype by opening up stores earlier. They know the ploy and what they are trying to put out to the average consumer.
I personally have experience of violent out breaks at walmarts on black Friday...I went last year and "these guys" more like thugs paid people in line to get in front of them however it was a lot of money, he offered us 200$ just because we were second in line and they were very loud,smoking and drunk they even had issues with the police, however I think if you REALLY NEED it you should go if it's like big ticket items...however if it's little things like blenders then you can go latter after doors have opened mainly because stores typically overdrive on minor things but mostly on other things not electronics....Josh.W 2A
My Personal Opinion About Black Friday Is That Its A Great Tradition, Minus All The Dangerous Activity.But Its A Great Way To Get Good Stuff For A Low Price Before The Christmas Holidays.I Think This Activity Happens Because People Know That After Black Friday All Of The Low Price Stuff Is Gonna Be Gone Or Gonna Be Expensive Again, So They Do Whatever They Have To Do To Get The Stuff They Need, I Think This Can Be Avoided By Having Multiple Police Patrols In Or Near The Stores To Avoid Problems.
I think that these riots are starting to become a tradition because it is a mix of the state of the economy, and the attitude of the people. Seeing as how the economy isn't completely alright, the people are going to go insane over a sale, and also lose all of their morals in the process. So yes, they're going to probably fight because of this reason; which is why the stores have started bringing the police in. As a suggestion, the stores could provide better service to the ones who were there first.
:Hunter Howard 1B:
I think these outbreaks are becoming more and more of a tradition because of the way are economy is suffering. The fact that people see the opportunity to save alot of money on things they usually cant buy makes them go crazy. I honestly haven't seen any of the stores make a real effort to prevent these incidents. They may have added more security to their stores but the security is apparently a danger to customers too. The only way i can see the stores making it safer is by discontinuing the whole black friday tradition as a whole.
I Personally Think It Is Becoming More Of A Tradition At Walmarts, Because It Seems Like Every Year More People Get More And More Involved In Black Friday. The Economy Has A Effect On The Situation Also, As The Economy In Genernal Goes Down, People Are Searching For Easy Ways To Save Money Or Make A Profit. I Guess More And More People Are Realizing That "Black Friday" Is An Easy Way To Save Money, But To What Expense? Alot Of People Take Black Friday Serious. They Save Their Money Up And Spend It On Black Friday, To Gain More Stuff At A Cheaper Price. I Know For A Fact That Any Previous Year, My Mom Didnt Attend Black Friday, But My Attended This Year Because Of The Economy. From My Own Experience, Black Friday Is Dangerous. Especially If You Camp Out At A Really Known Store Like Ralph Lauren Or Maybe Even Something Like Finish Line. Many People Get Impatient While Camping Or Really Want A Certain Item, That Makes Them Take Drastic Measures. Like At A Walmart Where A Woman Pepper-Sprayed A Crowd Juss To Be On Of The First People To Get An Xbox At That Store. Alot Of People I Know Went To Black Friday In Groups, Just Incase Someone Took A Drastic Measure And They Got Injured. To Provide A Safer Environment, The Stores/Malls Should Include More Security/Police Guards.
I Personally Think these outbreaks should be taken more seriously. People lose their lives every year on "black Friday " For example in Arizona that Women pepper sprayed people just for an Xbox , black Friday is not a good thing to be apart of id you are not mentally and physically prepared for the dangers of it. In closing i believe people and police should take black friday more serious
I think black friday should have more active police out there because it is danger out there from fights to stabbing to shooting. Each black friday people lose there live over little things. For example you buy the last play station 3 and there was 4 eople behind you who wanted it youre takein a risk of losein your life over it.
Terrence Moore 1B
i think security should be more heavy in the stores because they know every year a life will be lost because of black friday speaking on that they should make sure customers dont carry weapons in the store and watch them in the store around items that can be used as weapons
KEVIN HOLSTON 2B
I think these outbrakes happens because of the prices. I think it do have to do something with people cause everyone gose crazy for things. I dont think it has to do something with the economy. I do think it has to do something with the supply cause of the cheaper prices. The stores lower the prices to prevent these incidents. it can be safer by letting in group by group in the store inside of let in the whole crowd.
CLARISSA HERNANDEZ 4A
I think these outbrakes happens because of the prices. I think it do have to do something with people cause everyone gose crazy for things. I dont think it has to do something with the economy. I do think it has to do something with the supply cause of the cheaper prices. The stores lower the prices to prevent these incidents. it can be safer by letting in group by group in the store inside of let in the whole crowd.
CLARISSA HERNANDEZ 4A
I don't think it's any thing wrong with black Friday yes it became a tradition for those who don't have Money robe able to get their children thing for Christmas. The outbreak they have is not really a big deal.
I don't think it's any thing wrong with black Friday yes it became a tradition for those who don't have Money robe able to get their children thing for Christmas. The outbreak they have is not really a big deal.
I don't think it's any thing wrong with black Friday yes it became a tradition for those who don't have Money robe able to get their children thing for Christmas. The outbreak they have is not really a big deal.
jibraun whitley2A
this sickens me to the fullest. i feel so angry. every last american who partook in this should be utterly utterly discusted with them selve. this article took me out of my good mood and has just ruined my whole night. i think every store owner should get together and not do black friday sales in the store instead on the net and have the items shipped with cut prices on shipping and handling also the price of the item for a year or two but no more than that because then when the doors open again some years later it will be like unlocking the gates to a zoo full of under fed lions tigers and bears and having just one small chicken in the middle of the room.
I don't think there is anything wrong with black Friday. The reason why I say that is because there are a lot of people that dk t have money and they need any day to get what they can a price they can afford. But then again I think the should have a day for the people that's not that much wealthy.
Romello Collier. 4a
i think everybody likes to go to wal-mart for black friday because they already cheap so prices would be even lower & also because everybody knows that wal-mart is a good ole' american house whole name when it comes to everyday life materials.
Post a Comment