Last week I asked you guys to read an article about hero's and tell me who you thought was the best hero. This week I want to share a personal story about a good friend of mine who I consider to be one of my heros.
Click Here to Read about Laura
My friend Laura was diagnosed with a life threatening disease almost a year ago. This website was a place for her to keep us updated on her battle as she fought the disease. As she became too sick to post, her parents began keeping the blog for her so that we could still know how she was doing. If you read her story, you will begin to understand why I consider her a hero. If you click on Journal, you will be able to view any parts of her story from beginning up until where she is now, almost at the end.
Events like these really help us put our lives in perspective and make you see that life is short, so stop stressing about the little things and make sure that you are enjoying your life while you can!!

4 comments:
Elijah Powell
3B
I see why Ms.Reynolds think Laura is a hero because she saved her life. She was tough and I read that she came a long way. She's very tough and I hope to see her one day.Life is easier with the people that you call friends are really there for you.Reading this article make thoughts ran through my head.
Yes Elijah she is very tough and you are right, having friends and family to support you like she does definitely makes things easier. Unfortunately, she will not be getting better. She is at a Hospice now instead of a hospital. At a hospice they do not give you your medication and do not make you eat or do anything else you don't want to do. It is where you go when the doctors realize that there is nothing else thet can do to help you. Laura has been moved there so that she can be kept on her pain medication and be watched over by nurses while she waits to die peacefully; most likely within a week.
I think that Laura is a hero because instead of giving up she kept on fighting. Most people wouldn't be able to handle all that stress of having a disease like that. Laura died a hero , because she stay positive from her diagnostic till her death.
Nace Denton-Hurst
My hero is my aunt daina she died in 2000 she was fighting breast cancer for years then the sunset for her. I wish everyday she was here. But I don't want her to be in the pain she was in. I miss her so much. she was a mother aunt sister and Bestfriend. <3
Post a Comment