Click Here to Read Article
What do you think? Is this candy going to promote drug use? Should he government censor it or only allow it to e distributed to a certain age group? Or would the government be taking away the rights of the candy company?? Use FER!!!!!
54 comments:
I think the people who think pot shaped candy will promote drug use are over reacting. They probably believe pixie sticks promote the use of cocaine. Just because candy is shaped like a leaf doesn't mean kids will smoke weed.
Jordan D.
1B
I Do think this candy will promote drug use because for one if you can sell a candy shape like pot or marijuana then teens will think its okay to do smoke it or they will look at it is hey they sell the candy so why cant we sell the real drugs.And to sit there and say the word "legalize," sends kids the message that illegal drugs are okay , why would you lie to minors its not okay to do drugs and thats my opinion.
-Domonique Moore 2A
Personally i don't think its that bad of a candy. If people think its such a bad influence on children, give it an age limit. But is there a difference from selling a marijuana candy than the cigarette candies that used to be sold? Drugs are drugs and its up to the child to understand right from wrong.
chyna m
3b
Wow. This could be a controversial issue just because we have had other cases where candy like: cigarette gum was sold out of an ice cream truck. Because marijuana use is a big issue with teens in today’s society, this seems like a bigger problem. Selling this type of candy is condoning the use of this drug, targeting younger children because it is candy. This candy should ban, because it is sending the wrong message. This makes our government look bad, characterizing them as a system that does not have their peoples best interest, especially the future leaders of this nation.
-Jackie :)
I Do think that drug-shaped candy will promote drugs,because kids are going to realize it resembles a drug.Then we'll have a epidemic of kids who thiink doing drugs is okay because they have a candy for it.Just like when they made that candy that resembled cigarettes,kids thought smoking was okay until they took all that candy off the shelves.So basically,I think its unnecessary to make drug shape candy anyways when drugs are suppose to be Illegal.
Craig Williams Pd:3B
i think drug shaped candy will promote kids that smoking marijuana is ok to use becuase they would think its ok to do so or that it may be funny. like when we were younger they use to make cigarrette candy sticks and i know kids who really do smoke cigarrettes now a days,in the bag of that marijuana candy it even says 'legalize' which will get more kids attention and they would start doing it when they get older. like they said in hte article "The teenage brain is a developing brain, and (smoking marijuana) is impacting how it develops."
belky carbajal
period 4A
I agree with Chyna. I dnt think the candy is bad. But if its such a problem then put a age limit on it. But it isnt different if it is givin to adults or children. If it persuades kids to smoke then it would persuade adults as much. A child knows that drugs are bad.
Aneya Dixon 3B
I think it is wrong to take away rights of the candy company. I do agree that it does have a bad influence on young children but to avoid any misunderstandings and unmeaningful circumstances there should be an age limit to users purchasing this product.Children now and days are very easily influenced by lots of things. By seeing this drug-candy like product would definantly increase much of the way they may take into negative behavior, But kids our age should know the things to do and not to do.
Karisa Johnson 4A
Elijah Powell
3B
It doesn't matter what the candy represents or reminds children of. I'm sure kids know that drugs aren't the right way to go.I don't think that the drug shape candy is a influence of why kids do drugs. The candy company is just trying to make new creations of keeping their business at a steady rate.To be honest some kids do get influenced by the drug shape candy and then their life just turns around.
Period:2A I Dont Think This Candy Will Promote Drug Use But Then Again Maybe It Will It Goes Both Ways Because one It's Just Candy And Candy Is Candy You Cant Band It. If a Kid Decides To Make Stupid Decisions And Start Doing Drugs Just Because Of Some Leaf Shaped Lollipops Then That's Up To Them Their Messing Up Their Life.They Are Going To Be The One's Doing Drugs And Smoking And Doing Stupid Things Killing Their Brain Cells And Acting Like Fools Etc...
I feel as tho the candy wouldn't be that such of a problem, i mean its just candy. I think kids would get the wrong idea but its the parents responsibily to discuss that with the children.
I personally think that the candy isn't that bad of an idea but also think its kind of bad because candy is just candy but just for the fact it promotes marijuana kids will think differently than the more mature crowd.
Tevin W. 1-B
I don't think this promotes drugs. I do think you should have a age limit on buying these candies because things have a bigger impact on younger children then older ones. I don't think the government should interfere with any of the candy stores and try to stop them from selling this candy. Yes it would be violating the stores right but it's Alain not fair. I thinks it's the parents that need to make that decision. Whether or not they will buy that candy for thier kids.
Deche' Neal
For real tho weed doesnt harm a d#mn person.I am sick of people sayin weed is bad just because their friend said it was bad for you.Do your own d#mn research.I have smoked before and it is very pleasant if you havent tried it then be quiet.If you dont like it dont smoke it.Genesis 1:29 says Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."
yes this promote the use weed but this candy looks ok to me and the government should make weed legal because it has not killed anyone and is way less expensive then cigarettes weed is also medication to it doesn't hurt you like tobacco do and i think this should be not censored so any age limit and is a ok candy the government is just over reacting
kevin holston 2B
Moises Vargas-Alba 3B
I think that this candy will make kids want the real thing because when kids start to like the candy then their going to curious and try the real thing and then their going to start using the real stuff instead of the candy.
BAND this candy because it is used as a symbol to say its OK to do drugs, and the crazy thing is society wants children to grow up not knowing what pot/weed is but yet you want to sell it in a candy. society is confused on how to approach the drug use situation and i would say this right here is an EPIC fail. What good parent in there right mind would buy their child a WEED shaped lollipop not my mother
Khadijah T. 1B
Diamond Nicholas 2B
To me this candy isn't bad but some people making a big problem out of it. I say if its a big problem then they need to put a age limit on it but i dont think that it promotes drug use.
Michael west 4A . I don't think it should be used because children eat candy if it is promoted they can get it on accident and use drugs . This item or object should not be not published
I Mean Yea It Could Promote Weed Sales But Its Up To the People To Use It Or Not. No Becasue Kids Teens And Children All Over Are Going To Eventually Find Out About Tree(Weed) So It Doesnt Matter I Say Its Okay If You Feel Thats Its Terrible Face It Life Today Is An Reality Get Hip....
Anthony Davis ,2B
I think some people would buy this candy because of its shape. I think this candy will bring drug use in to play basically because its shaped like a marijuana leaf. If the candy promotes drug use i think they should end the candy but if no one is using the real drug i think they can let it go.I this candy should be allowed only for people of the age of 18 because thats when your basically an adult
Well first off I highly doubt this would promote drug use. The real issue here is restriction on freedom of speech which if this country truly followed every bit of its Constitution would be considered illegal/unconstitutional. Overreacting over candy has to be one of the most childish things I have witnessed in the last few years. That's like saying a little toy bubble pipe will promote tobacco use. It's moronic.
Ayinde Michael 1A
I Think That This Candy Is Going To Promote Drug Use Because It Is Cannabis Lollipops That Look Like Cannabis Leaves And By Making This Candy It Will Make Kids Think Its Okay To Use Drugs. I Think The Government Should Ban This Candy Because Kids Are Going To Grow Up Thinking It Okay To Do Drugs. In The Time I Have Grown Up I Have Seen Them Make Bubble Gum Cigaretts That You Blow Into To Make Smoke Come Out I Think These Types Of Candy Should Be Banned.
Deaunte Watson
4A
First of all I am all for the government legalizing marijuana. But, I think that they should censor the candy or at least sell it to people 15 and older. Or anyone that is that old can make their own decisions. I don't think that this is a start for people to use illegal drugs. However, I do believe that by the government taking away the candy will be violating their rights! If they want to advertise marijuana looking lollipops why not? Its not the real thing.
-Kiah Williams 1A
Justin Boone 1B
I think that the drug may have an influence on those who eat them, just because it is portraying the use of marijuana. I think that is should be allowed but age restricted. If the government chooses to restrict this candy I think that it would be taking away the rights of the company.
i dont think that the lollipop will promote drug use. Yes, it is shaped like a marijuana leaf but that doesn't mean that kids are going to want to start smoking. The government should allow it without any restrictions.
Rizza Zamora 1B
No this candy is not promoting drug use. The candy is in the shape marijuana but it doesnt say "go smoke weed". Every rap song on the radio today talks about smoking and kids listen so just because marijuaana is being "broadcasted" to them doesnt mean that they will be that influenced. If they sell it to a certain age group kids will still see it anyway so what would be the point. -Stephan Taylor 1A
Doria Jefferson 4a:: My opinion is that i think the candy will promote the use of marijuana because it depends on how the parents tell them what marijuana is. But others might not care because they already know that they are not going to do drugs. I think it should just be age restricted and only certain people will be allowed to eat the candy.
No This candy do not promote drug use in my eyes because, Today in our society Drugs is everywhere in our society and just because a lollipop is like Weed Lollipop. People Parents would stop there kids form getting anyways if was distrusted in stores.The government should be censored to kids 17+, and They wouldn't take the rights for Candy stores.SO i think that the government should take action and Make a certain age group for this candy- Juwan Reese 1b
Yes I do think that this candy is promoting drugs because since it is a candy kids are going to start eating and when they get older they will start using the drug the candy resemblancing
Jasmine Biggs 1B
i don't believe this candy promotes drug use. No where on the package does it say "smoking is cool" or "real weed flavor" it simple says "legalize" stating that marijuana is illegal, and to add the candy is not rolled into a joint shape or something suggesting the way you smoke weed unlike the popular ice-cream truck item "candy cigarettes" these candy's came in a card board box with a make believe company name and were shaped like cigarettes with red tips. i don't believe this candy needs to be censored i think that if a parent has an issue with this product they must stress to their children that they should not smoke and not allow them to buy this product.It is the candy company's right to sell this product seeing as they are violating any laws.
Honestly I Do Not Have A Personal Opinion On This Issue Because Many People Are Going To Do What They Want Anyway. First They Should Not Put A Age Limit On It Because People Still Break The Rules For Example People Drink Even Though They Are Under 21. Two If They Ban The Candy People May Still Smoke Because It's Within Our Society Its In Our Generation So Banning It Won't Change Nothing. And If They Keep It, It Doesn't Mean It's Going To Persaude People To Smoke the Candy Can Turn People Away. I Think It's Up To The Parents And The Household How The Children Are Raised And Who The Kids Hang Out With...No Candy Is Going To Persuade No Child To Do Such Thing.
Taylor Bynum 1A
i think this is promoting drug use. i say this because this is a new idea so kids will go out and want to try it. i do think there should be an age restriction to these. Marques Malone 4a
The candy it self is promoting something that's bad. The government doesn't want you to use drugs but they will make a candy that represents a certain drug. There should be a age limit on the candy because if anyone can have that specific candy , some children might think they can do a certain drug. The candy company really should not make a candy like that. They should want to make something positive so people wouldn't question the candy they sell. But overall if they do want to remain making and selling that candy there should be a age limit.
-Cailyn Thomas
1B
i dont know nothing about this candy besides the drug use. but if its a drug then it shouldnt be giving out, the world should be better place with out high heads every where, but i dont think the government should release them types of candy if people are getting locked for other drugs also i dont think its right. its just creating more drugs to the youth an the community. horace.w
In a way I think that this product will promote people to do what they want to do with drugs. People would think that because its ok for them to produce a product like this why wouldnt it be ok to smoke and sell it.
we don't allow these products for the same reason we don't allow companies to promote cigarettes(at least not as much as we use to).We don't want kids to think that it is ok or accepted that it is ok to smoke.Does that mean these methods work?No really because not letting kids do something just makes them want to do it more.
I think that people are overreacting over a little piece of candy. Its a lollipop in the shape of a leaf. The candy cntains no type of drugs in it whatsoever therefore there is no need for the government to be worried about it. There are more important things that the government should be worried about other than a piece of candy. The creator simply voiced an opinion on the wrapper and last time I checked that was not illegal. Actually it is a right given to us as american citizens. If any thing the government needs to listen to what the creator of the candy is saying instead of trying to prevent the sales profits from it. I agree with the company 100% in what they are trying to do.
Andre Lowery 4A
I dont think this candy will promote drug use. No where on the candy does it say smoke weed. People are going to do what they want to do anyway. Just because a piece of candy says legalize, doesnt mean people are just going to start smoking. The government should not censor the candy or block it from certain age groups because its just candy. The candy itself posseses no drugs so there is no problem. Censoring it would definitly take away the rights of the candy company.
I don't think this candy will promote drug use because some people will do drugs regardless. They do drugs now so they will do drugs whether or not the candy is released. I don't think the government should sensor the candy because that's basically saying we think that's bad so forget your rights as American citizens, you can't distribute that candy.
Donyah Bunn
4A
I think this candy will promote drug use because first of all its shaped like a marijuana leaf so obasically when the kids buy it they dont want them to focus on the taste of the candy they want them to look at the leaf and look at the wrapper that says leaglize and think weed is ok. They government should defiently censor this candy because the kids at ages 3 and so on are going to see this and think that weed is ok especially the ones who family members are already doing it. I dont really think the government would be taking away the rights of the candy compant because the comapny justs wants to legalize marijuana they dont really want nothing else.
Raymond Flowers 1B
Yes, the candy is promoting drug use. This is because 1)it clearly says "Legalize!" on the bag, and 2) it is in the shape of the leaves. If the government were to completey ban it, "that would be overkill," and it would violate the companies rights. However, as I believe as to what should happen, is to give it an age limit.
:Hunter Howard 1B:
I dont think the selling of marijuana shaped candy is a big deal Because some times some thing like weed shaped candy can influence you not to smoke weed at a young age because a young child might think eating the candy will make him look older but he will not really be smoking weed.
David Barr
Period 2A
Terrell Proctor
2A
I think that its bad that people want to make candy that looks like marijuana leaves. I say this because if kids buy this candy then many might think that it's ok to have or smoke pot. Whats even worse is that the wrapper says "legalize" so that it could tell people that marijuana is ok to have. I believe that this candy will definatley promote drug use because when people see this candy will definatley promote drug use because when people see this candy they will think its ok because of the wrapper. What if the popular kids at school start eating this candy? then what? 9 times out of ten other kids will get this candy and eat it too to look cool. This candy should only be given to older people above 21 years old. but sometimes that still wont help because what if a person is eating this candy and they leave the wrapper on the grass and a kid comes and gets it? then they might think that marijuana is legal so they might want some and that not good at all. I think that instead of making drug candy they should make anti-drug candy.
I think this candy can and cant promote drug use it all depends on what age group is eatting it. It shouldnt be censor by the government because it dont get u smacked (high) its just taste like weed.
Terrence Moore 1B
I think that it is bad that people are making candy that looks like marijuana because kids will eat and candy and ask what it is. They might think that weed is good or legal and want to try it. I think that the government should ban it.
Ajani Bryant 1A
LOL candy shaped like marijuana!!! I know that just because it look like way it is, don't mean that minors will really smoke weed. It way different if it taste like it. The govermnet really shouldn't put this out because it make no since and nobody will acheive from this candy.
Period-3B
i think its promoting it. the reason why i say it is because it will make kids go out and try it.
Yes i think that the candy is promoting and so kids like candy and stuff but the parents shouldnt let them buy it.The goernment should just take the candy off the shelves. If the candy company wants to sell candy they can sell the candy but do not sell candy that promotes drug use.
I think the candy is prmoting because most kids like candy butt... If the kids see the candy and eat it and then see marijuana they might think it is the candy broken up into little pices and is probably going to try it. Then that will influence little kids to smoke marijuana so they should just get rid of that idea for the candy
William Rosier
2A
I think the marijuana shaped candy is bad for children. The kids that eat this candy might want to see what marijuana really does to them. So this candy can influence little kids, if they would put it out it should only be for teenagers and up.
Cainan Garrison 1A
If such a thing does exsists, it'll most likely end up being for just adults. (18 or older) I highly doubt if the goverment would let children eat what is basically weed candy. Although with this it'll probably cut down drug use, but still not a wise move.
Marcus 2B
Yes i feel like it does promote drug use because it opens childrens eyes in a small way to marijaunna. They wi ll start to wonder wat it is and be curious to find out. I think the government should get rid of the company completely becuase if weed is still ilegal than that shuld be too
XAVIER DENNIS 3-B
Post a Comment