1. What do you thing causes obesity?
2. What do you think of Denmark's new plan?
3. What recommendations do you have for combating obesity?
52 comments:
Anonymous
said...
1. I think one cause of obesity is how fast and cheap it can be to buy unhealthy foods. 2. I think Denmark's new plan of imposing taxes on unhealthy foods is a good idea. If it has good results, it could spread to other countries. 3. A recommendation I have for combating obesity is, showing how much fast, and grease you're actually eating, packed into a burger, or othe foods.
1- I think obesity is caused by eating greasy unhealthy fat food late at night , or eating a large proportion of junk food i also thinks its connected to the amount of calories food have.
2-I think Denmarks new plan to impose taxes on unhealthy foods is a magnificent conclusion. I think different countries should do the same thing because for one if somethings expensive like junk food then no ones not going to want to purchase it then it will get taken off the shelf and will have a healthy food market in plus you can die from obesity. So they people will have more money in their pockets and they will save their own life .
3-A recommendation I have for combating obesity is watching how many calories you eat a day and everyone get active and lets exercise more DOMONIQUE MOORE 2A
1- I think obesity is caused by eating unhealthy food. For example if people eat fast food only & carry out there's a big possibilty that they're become obesity because of all the fat they're eating & all that fat stays inside of you.
2- I think that Denmark's plan is a good example for people to start eating healthy because that way they don't have to worry about infections of any of that. If people continue eating more fats then the gyms will start getting more money because of all the people going in paying to excercise & trying to loose wait & not be the size they are.
3- A recommendation i have for combatiing obesity is that people should start going to the gym or buy their little excercise room in their on home.
i think the saying you are what you eat is true and i think the main cause for obesity is fast foods mainly things with lots of trans fat oil grese and other stuff like your everyday eating habits i also think technology makes people obese by not alowing them to excerise and take up their time i think denmaks plan is good and is a good example for other nations to follow i thinke obama should encourage excerise more than he already has.
I think obesity is caused by eating unhealthy food. For example if people eat fast food only & carry out there's a big possibilty that they're become obesity because of all the fat they're eating & all that fat stays inside of you.
I think that Denmark's plan is a good example for people to start eating healthy because that way they don't have to worry about infections of any of that. If people continue eating more fats then the gyms will start getting more money because of all the people going in paying to excercise & trying to loose wait & not be the size they are.
A recommendation i have for combatiing obesity is that people should start going to the gym or buy their little excercise room in their on home.
I think that causes of obesity are fatty acids and unhealthy foods like chicken,pizza,greasy foods, and just any other junk food you can think of. I think that denmarks new plan is ok but i think its unfair but its is benfiticial since it helps out over weight people to eat more healthier since prices on not healthy food is going up and healthy food is going down. My recommendations would be eat healthy and keep that goal. kayla mitcham 3B
I think snacks and fast food restaraunts cause obesity.For example if you ever take out the time to look at the bottom of your burger container, or on the back of your fries container, that food is high in calories.
I think that Denmark's plan is smart because, then people won't be as tempted to buy snacks and stuff because of the tax.
I have no recommendations because, they are already doing the right thing.
I think stress and sometimes addictions to how good the food is is causing obesity for some people . i know alot of people eat alot because the are having alot of problems in there life. I think the denmark's new plan is to lower some fat food at school jobs and ETC also make fat food more moneyl. The recommendations i have for combating obesity is that the should leave people alone and if they over weight talk them into going on a diet Taqiyyah Recio Period3b
1. I think that the low price of fatty foods causes obesity. Its quicker to eat as well. For example if one was to make baked chicken, one would have to buy the ingredients and then wait for the chicken to cook, or they can just go to McDonalds pay $1 and get a burger and that can be made instantly. 2. I think that Denmark's plan was good, it would make people pay for fatty foods literally and physically. If you want to spend a lot of money on a burger and gain weight from it suit yourself. Or you can buy some fruit for a few cents. Makes a lot more sense. 3. My recommendation is to just watch what you eat and to work out more, other than that I think Denmark is doing the right thing.
i think what causes obesity is that the fast food and junk food that taste so good has ingredients in it which makes you addicted to it and makes you crave it all the time and the food is not that expensive and very affordable so people will keep on buying the food and keep getting bigger as they eat it i think denmark's plan will not work because people will still buy the food even thought its going to be taxed and the fast food companies will just put more of the ingredient in it to make you more addicted to thier food. i think they should make food more healthy to reduce the rate of obesity in the U.S
1. I Believe That Obesity is Caused By Being Lazy and Not Being Energetic. Just Going Outside and Working Out For An Hour Can Make A Big Impact On Your Health And Body. Obesity I Believe Is Also Caused By Well How The Visual Features of Food Seem To Us;If We See A Good Looking Food Or If It Has A Good Smell We Eated Without Being Hungry. I Also Believe That School Lunches are A Big Affect On Obesity and I Feel That They Should Do Something For A Change. 2. I Think Denmark's Plan Is Good Because People Will Have To Pay More For Fast Food And Many Wont Be Able To So They Will Start Buying Healthy Meals. 3. I Motivate Others To Take an Hour of The Day Or 30 Minutes of Working Out Or Going For A walk And They Will See The Results. Start Eating Small Eat Half of The Amount You Always Eat and Save The Rest For Tomorrow Or Share It With Someone. :)
1.I obesity is caused by people eating unhealthy food all the time. most people eat fast food, which has a lot of grease in it. 2. I think their plan is good because their making people may more for fast food. Some people will not pay too much for fast food so they would go to healthy food, or just cut back on fast food. 3. My recommendations would be to walk for at least 30 mins, excerise everyday. Dont lay down after you eat. I would tell people to start trying to eat more healthy and cut back on fast food. Aneya Dixon 3B
I think obesity caused by stress and not taking responsibility. Some people should watch how and what they eat. I think the Denmark's plan was good, because the way they have it set up for schools so that the generation will decrease for obesity people.I recommendation is to just try eating healthy food and you will see how your life can turn out to be better.
I think there are many causes for obesity stress, lack of sleep, self esteem issues there are many things that a effect a persons eating habits. I think their plan is good in a way that it sends a shocked to the kinds of everyday foods that can contribute to gaining weight.I think the food industry should focus more on health than the convenience of a 15 minute microwave pizza or 2 minute microwave meal and try to stress to people through their products that healthy choices aren't gross or nasty but they can taste good and be good for you.
I think obesity is caused by lack of exercise and lack of a healthy diet. I like denmark's new plan, I think it would help,and I also believe it should be incorporated into the U.S. I think if people had to spend more money on less healthy stuff then i don't think they would by it as often if at all. one of my recommendations would be to make fast food more expensive and pay the workers more. and make fresh produce cheaper and with out all the extra chemicals and perservatives. I think that more people should do weight watchers!
I think obesity is caused by little exercise,unhealthy diet and people being lazy,stress,lackof sleep and self esteem issues.i like denmarkes plan, its cool. i totally think it would help
1.I Think What Causes Obesity Is Eating Late At Night And Eating When You Are Just Bored. Some People Eat Just Because They Are Bored.
2.I Think Denmark's Plan Is Great Because It Might Keep People From Buying Food That Are Causing Them To Get Overweight. I Think Every Country Should Raise Prices On Fast Food Because Not Only Are People Are Getting Sick And Overweight But Kids Are Dying At A Young Age.
3.I Think Instead Of Using Food That Are Going To Make Us Fat, Go Get Something That Is Healthy But Still Taste Good.
Kayla Jackson 3B 1. The major thing that causes obesity is the carelessness that people have for their health. People eat very unhealthy. It would not be so bad if the amount of food and drinks that one consumed matched with the amount of execise put in daily. 2. I think that Denmark came up with a very smart plan. The question is if this will really stop people from eating unhealthy food. I work in a Carry Out. When the prices go up, people still buy the food because the food is great. If the food was already too expensive before, this mean that they do have the money. They would not mind paying some extra cents. 3. The only recommendation for combating obesity is that there will be ceratain standards for a company to sell an item. The item will have to reach certain nutrient requirements in order to sell it.
Obesity can be caused by many things; stress, genetics, poor diet, or binge eating. Regardless people are in control of pretty much everything they do. However, I think Denmark's plan for a "fat tax" is pure genius. I stated people are "in control" but with that they generally make the wrong decision. The "fat tax" is very similar to what Governor Cuomo did in New York which was the massive tax increase on cigarettes to get people to quit smoking. As far as recommendations go for obesity all I can say is to seek professional help. Whether it be from a doctor, psychiatrist, or family. Some things are bigger than us and we have to admit it and continue to the next process.
1. I think what causes obesity is when you eat the wrong things and you don't do any exercise. It's like we eat the wrong things but we don't want to exercise at all. 2. I really don't like their plan. I mean yea it may help but at the end of the day people are going to eat what they want to eat. People can eat what they want to eat and the companies aren't going to be upset. The industries can make money and the prices can be lower. 3. Some recommendations I have for combating is exercise. If you exercise you burn all the fat and calories off. You can eat what you want to eat but just eat less. It's all about portion control. Also a real good tip is not to eat so much greasy foods but also eat baked foods so you can still enjoy the food.
I think that obesity comes from the kids eating to much. But its not always the kids its the parents sometimes. Some parents feed their children just to feed them and that can ruin somechildren life. i think that children should eat three times a day morning, lunch, and dinner. But in between that they could if they want it eat a snack just to keep them happy all day and not crying all the time. But no child should go through beening teased in school just for being fat and sometimes its not their fault.
1.I think obesity is simily the food people are eating, the reason I think more people are obesed than slim is because its cheaper to buy unhealthy food than to buy fruit or healthy food.
2.I think his new plan and good and bad,because if people dont wont to be healthy then just not going to be healthy. If they wanted to then they would have done something about it them selves.
3.Just for people to worry about them selves.If your obesed then thats your problem. If your not then you dont have nothing to worry about.
Obesity is caused by lack of exercise and eating too much junk foods. Also i think that people are eating too many greasy foods such as chicken, pork, and other terrible foods. But people have a choice whether they want to be fat, the only time you cant do anything about it is when you have a disease, But you should have been working on that when you first developed the problem.
i believe that obesity is caused because of stress that adults and even children are having. Many people also eat their hearts out because of sadness or maybe because of lack of exercise.
denmark's new plan can make many people stop buying foods they normally buy because of the "fat tax" they compromised in denmark and other places. I do believe that it's unfair that they raised the taxes because of the large obesity population. the obesity rate is getting higher and by doing this, i think it will make other people realize that obesity is unhealthy.
recommandations i do have for combating obesity is to watch what you eat and to try and exercise atleast 30 minutes a day so the foods you eat won't get to you. i also enlist that people don't skip meals because it's also unhealthy.
Obesity is caused by greedy people. They choose to eat that much and they pay the consequences. Also bad parenting. Its not right if the child is eating as much or more food than the parents. I think the Denmark plan is great. Maybe if unhealthy food cost more, people will stop buying them or at least cutting down on it.I think people should cut down on unhealthy foods and work more often.
1. I think the thing that causes obesity is how the U.S and other states around the world have too many fast food places and the chemicals they put into their foods and how much they put in their foods. 2. I think Denmark's plan is really good because they are thinking about raising the prices but some people don’t care about the prices because they’re addicted to the fast food places, but we will see! 3. The recommendations i have are just to cut out all of the fast food places because people are abusing them and are constantly gaining weight and dying.
I believe obesity is caused by people that are careless on how much they eat and thinking nothing is going to happen based on the amount they eat . I also believe that parents dont monitor the amount on how much their children eat so the children over eat and gain a lot of weight . Most kids now a days don't exercise either which doesnt help if their eating a lot of food. I believe Denmark's plan is good because if they raise the prices , they might not want to pay so much to have that certain food they want. My recommendation is that they limit how much people and keep raising the prices on unhealthy food .
1. I think that making bad selections of food causes obesity. Eating unhealthy a majority of the time is just not good for the body as a result people become obese. 2.I think Denmark's plan to put taxes on items with saturated fats is crazy. I just think its not going to make people not buy those items. I know for a fact my parents would still buy it regardless. 3. The only thing i can think of to really put an end to obesity is to make unhealthy food illegal. This is also a crazy idea but desperate times cause for desperate meaasures.
1. I think that what they put in the food makes it so good that it makes people want to come back for more and the prices are so cheap that it's easier for people buy that type of food more often
2. I think his new plan to raise taxes will help because then that will push them towards making healthier food choices which cost less and will help them avoid obesity.
3. My recommendation for combating obesity would be to consult with a doctor or nutritionist to guide you in the right direction as far as food choices
1. I think that what they put in the food makes it so good that it makes people want to come back for more and the prices are so cheap that it's easier for people buy that type of food more often
2. I think his new plan to raise taxes will help because then that will push them towards making healthier food choices which cost less and will help them avoid obesity.
3. My recommendation for combating obesity would be to consult with a doctor or nutritionist to guide you in the right direction as far as food choices
first I think obesity can be hereditary, or it can be the amount of fat foods you eat. I think Denmark's new plan will not work because think about cigarettes they raised the taxes on cigarettes that did not stop nobody from smoking. when you come custom to eating those fatty foods you will pay the price to get what you want. I think they should make healthy food more tasting and cheaper.
1. Many people are born with obesity. They probally were not given the proper food when inside the mother's body. But also obesity comes from an impropper diet. Alot of people buy food from fast food place and don't take the time out to cook. Other people just munch on little snacks. So obesity comes from many differnt things. 2. Raising taxes on the food is a good idea. It can help the people who are serious about losing weight amke healthier decisions. But for the people who want specific food they will get it no matter what. 3. My recommendation is to take out some of the unhealthy stuff in stores and put in more healthier and more tastier foods in.
I think Obiesty comes from people just eating at fast food restuarants everyday. Alot of people dont eat balanced and healthy meals and its not good for them. I disagree with Denmarks new plan to put a higher tax on fatty foods. That isnt going to change anything. The prices have only raised about 50 cent so people really arnt going to care. I dont think its a way that you can stop Obesity. If people want to eat they are going to eat. You cant stop anbody from eating what and how much they want want to eat.
I think obesity comes from families that is use to eating fatty foods from fast food restaurants. I think Denmark's plan was a good thing because this can slow down obesity in a major way. Eventually people will see that it could be more cheaper to eat healthy and motivates them to make a change about the way you look. I recommend that if you still want to eat those fatty foods you should eat small portions of it instead of a big meal from mcdonalds or etc. Also work out daily and add some fruit and vegetables in your daily meals. Charles Jackson 3B
when you take in more calories than you burn through exercise and normal daily activities. Your body stores these excess calories as fat. Obesity contributing factors, Inactivity. Unhealthy diet Pregnancy. Lack of sleep. Getting Certain medications , and medical problems. I think Denmark's plan is great Obese people put a huge money drain on medical establishments and now Denmark is attempting to stop that drain and help their citizens become healthy. To stop it Take control of what you are eating learn how your mind is responsible for many of your terrible eating habits, and learn to understand the importance of today's lifestyle and how it affects your habits.
I think that Obesity is caused by lack or exercise and eating fast food. I think the new law Denmark is a great way to stop Obesity. I think a way to stop obesity is by teaching people about good eating habits. Reducing the grease that fast food places use.
I think obesity is caused by laziness, lack of self control,and in some cases monetary issues. Most people are too lazy to work out daily or cook a nice wholesome healthy meal even though they are well capable of doing so. Fast food is quick and cheap which is why people with low income resort to it. Some parents are responsible for their obesity as well. I think Denmark's plan is a wonderful idea and will be very effective in the future. Combating obesity is not an easy challenge but it pleases me to see that people are addressing the conclusively like Denmark with their solution. Steps can be taken in every household, parents must teach their children how and what to eat as well monitoring them and encouraging good eating habits. Other healthy food eateries should be made more accessible and cheaper in order to promote people to resort there instead of unhealthy fast food. -Breanna Brown 1B
I think what causes obesity is the love for food and the laziness of not wanting to work out after one is done eating. If you watch and control what you eat you'd be okay. But that's not the case with many people. Everyday theirs a certain amount of calories your suppose to eat. This depends on the persons weigh, age, height, and things of that nature. If you exceed that limit you gain weigh if you stay below that limit you loose weight. So for those who eat a lot of food everyday and don't workout are just packing on pounds and pounds. A lot of people love fast food restaurants, these restaurants provide costumers with healthy food. Although many people are aware of the damage this food can do to their bodies I guess they aren't fully aware. The ingredients fast food contains does nothing good for the body people. If people ate healthy then worked out no one would be obese but the chances of that happening are very slim. I think Denmark's plan is a great idea though, hopefully it'll work. Combating obesity isn't a easy task to complete but parents should start by enforcing good eating habits from birth.
Obesity comes froms fats that are burned so the body stores them away for later causing weight to be formed. Denmark's plan is smart because if people begin to see a rise in prices then they will look for something else to eat which will save them money.If people just exercise regularly then it wont be such a hassle because your body will become acustomed to it after a period of time. Im not saying you must eat healthy all the time im saying begin a daily exercise routine to help burn those added and stored away calories.
1. Obesity is triggered by the amount of fat in the bread and sausages & also how prices are cheap with dairy food. 2. To me, I think Denmark's new plan of raising taxes 30% is a good thing so people would have less chances of being obese. 3. My recommendation for combating obesity is to eat the really fatty food once or twice a month and eat less fatty food to prevent from becoming obese.
Obesity is caused by, but not limiting to, a)poor diet, b) no or lack of exercise, c) and sometimes it is in your genes. Now Denmark took a huge leap to combat obesity. Personally I think the "Fat Tax", is ludacris. Taxing butter and sugar and etc.? Not only "fat" people partake in these foods. I'm not sure of a very sure-fire way to combat obesity, but a STEP in the right direction would be to get all of the major eateries nutrition information and release it to the general public. :Hunter Howard 1B:
this article was extremely outrageous. Seriously tax on fat. I know obesity is a serious problem but i dont think this is the right way to combat it. Obesity is caused by many things not just fat intake due to butter and fatty foods. Although it may be a prominent contributor you can actually be fat and considered healthy. I think Denmark is implementing a "tough Love" plan on it's people. Taxing fat can actually send people hysterical as stated in the article of people hoarding some of those taxed products. I believe the best way to combat obesity is education. In life things take time so gradually rehabilitating the human mind on the importance of moderating food intake will solve the problem of obesity.
I think the food that is cooked around you and what your family eats, if it contains a lot of trans fat that can cause obesity, or if one doesn't monitor what they eat that can also cause obesity. I think that Denmark plan is harsh, however its a good way to reduce cardiovascular diseases. For example when that ban trans fats it reduce the rates of cardiovascular diseases. I recommendation that people that are effected by obesity should be more cautions on what they eat and should know what they are eating.
I believe Denmark's plan is a good idea because it will target the harmful source that cause cardiovascular disease. It could save many lives in the end. I believe eating unhealthy foods without going on diets causes diabetes. A way to combat diabetes is running go healthy campaigns. I also believe serving more healthy foods at public places would also help with the diabetes problem. Tariq 2A
I think that fast food restaurants and fried foods are the main causes of obesity. In addition, I believe not being able to control yourself and how much you eat is a main cause of obesity. I think that there are other ways to help prevent obesity, rather then Denmark tax plan. For example, have a public gym or make food healthy at restaurants. I think that America is doing anything to get money! I think that a better way to help prevent and help people who is obese is to have a personal trainer and help them to eat healthy.
1- I think obesity is caused by eating unhealthy food. For example if people eat fast food only & carry out there's a big possibilty that they're become obesity because of all the fat they're eating & all that fat stays inside of you.
2. I think Denmark's plan is really good because they are thinking about raising the prices but some people don’t care about the prices because they’re addicted to the fast food places, but we will see!2. I think Denmark's plan is really good because they are thinking about raising the prices but some people don’t care about the prices because they’re addicted to the fast food places, but we will see!3. My recommendation is to take out some of the unhealthy stuff in stores and put in more healthier and more tastier foods in.
I feel that how parents and other relatives dont know how to say no when it comes to junk food. Therefore they just give4 them the food whenever they ask for it. Plus very little amount of kids in that situation do any type of activity whether its daily walks or a type of sports. What lhe is trying to do sounds dumb in all kinds of ways. One its up to the person whether they excerise or not, Plus people will eat what they wont the dont care, if there hungry then there hungry. If you feel that you should give the child junk food whenever they ask make sure that you at least do some type of work out or excersice with them.
I think alot of fast and unhealtyh foods cause the obesity and butter. I like the plan because i feel like in the long ruin there just trying to help the obease people. I would just get rid of fast food completely to lower obesitiy XAVIER DENNIS 3-B
I think alot of fast and unhealtyh foods cause the obesity and butter. I like the plan because i feel like in the long ruin there just trying to help the obease people. I would just get rid of fast food completely to lower obesitiy XAVIER DENNIS 3-B
52 comments:
1. I think one cause of obesity is how fast and cheap it can be to buy unhealthy foods.
2. I think Denmark's new plan of imposing taxes on unhealthy foods is a good idea. If it has good results, it could spread to other countries.
3. A recommendation I have for combating obesity is, showing how much fast, and grease you're actually eating, packed into a burger, or othe foods.
Jordan D.
1B
1- I think obesity is caused by eating greasy unhealthy fat food late at night , or eating a large proportion of junk food i also thinks its connected to the amount of calories food have.
2-I think Denmarks new plan to impose taxes on unhealthy foods is a magnificent conclusion. I think different countries should do the same thing because for one if somethings expensive like junk food then no ones not going to want to purchase it then it will get taken off the shelf and will have a healthy food market in plus you can die from obesity. So they people will have more money in their pockets and they will save their own life .
3-A recommendation I have for combating obesity is watching how many calories you eat a day and everyone get active and lets exercise more
DOMONIQUE MOORE 2A
yessenia flores 2B
1- I think obesity is caused by eating unhealthy food. For example if people eat fast food only & carry out there's a big possibilty that they're become obesity because of all the fat they're eating & all that fat stays inside of you.
2- I think that Denmark's plan is a good example for people to start eating healthy because that way they don't have to worry about infections of any of that. If people continue eating more fats then the gyms will start getting more money because of all the people going in paying to excercise & trying to loose wait & not be the size they are.
3- A recommendation i have for combatiing obesity is that people should start going to the gym or buy their little excercise room in their on home.
i think the saying you are what you eat is true and i think the main cause for obesity is fast foods mainly things with lots of trans fat oil grese and other stuff like your everyday eating habits i also think technology makes people obese by not alowing them to excerise and take up their time i think denmaks plan is good and is a good example for other nations to follow i thinke obama should encourage excerise more than he already has.
I think obesity is caused by eating unhealthy food. For example if people eat fast food only & carry out there's a big possibilty that they're become obesity because of all the fat they're eating & all that fat stays inside of you.
I think that Denmark's plan is a good example for people to start eating healthy because that way they don't have to worry about infections of any of that. If people continue eating more fats then the gyms will start getting more money because of all the people going in paying to excercise & trying to loose wait & not be the size they are.
A recommendation i have for combatiing obesity is that people should start going to the gym or buy their little excercise room in their on home.
caleb self
3b
I think that causes of obesity are fatty acids and unhealthy foods like chicken,pizza,greasy foods, and just any other junk food you can think of. I think that denmarks new plan is ok but i think its unfair but its is benfiticial since it helps out over weight people to eat more healthier since prices on not healthy food is going up and healthy food is going down. My recommendations would be eat healthy and keep that goal.
kayla mitcham 3B
I think snacks and fast food restaraunts cause obesity.For example if you ever take out the time to look at the bottom of your burger container, or on the back of your fries container, that food is high in calories.
I think that Denmark's plan is smart because, then people won't be as tempted to buy snacks and stuff because of the tax.
I have no recommendations because, they are already doing the right thing.
Deyonna Butts
Pd.3B
I think stress and sometimes addictions to how good the food is is causing obesity for some people . i know alot of people eat alot because the are having alot of problems in there life. I think the denmark's new plan is to lower some fat food at school jobs and ETC also make fat food more moneyl. The recommendations i have for combating obesity is that the should leave people alone and if they over weight talk them into going on a diet
Taqiyyah Recio
Period3b
1. I think that the low price of fatty foods causes obesity. Its quicker to eat as well. For example if one was to make baked chicken, one would have to buy the ingredients and then wait for the chicken to cook, or they can just go to McDonalds pay $1 and get a burger and that can be made instantly.
2. I think that Denmark's plan was good, it would make people pay for fatty foods literally and physically. If you want to spend a lot of money on a burger and gain weight from it suit yourself. Or you can buy some fruit for a few cents. Makes a lot more sense.
3. My recommendation is to just watch what you eat and to work out more, other than that I think Denmark is doing the right thing.
i think what causes obesity is that the fast food and junk food that taste so good has ingredients in it which makes you addicted to it and makes you crave it all the time and the food is not that expensive and very affordable so people will keep on buying the food and keep getting bigger as they eat it i think denmark's plan will not work because people will still buy the food even thought its going to be taxed and the fast food companies will just put more of the ingredient in it to make you more addicted to thier food. i think they should make food more healthy to reduce the rate of obesity in the U.S
KEVIN HOLSTON 2B
1. I Believe That Obesity is Caused By Being Lazy and Not Being Energetic. Just Going Outside and Working Out For An Hour Can Make A Big Impact On Your Health And Body. Obesity I Believe Is Also Caused By Well How The Visual Features of Food Seem To Us;If We See A Good Looking Food Or If It Has A Good Smell We Eated Without Being Hungry. I Also Believe That School Lunches are A Big Affect On Obesity and I Feel That They Should Do Something For A Change.
2. I Think Denmark's Plan Is Good Because People Will Have To Pay More For Fast Food And Many Wont Be Able To So They Will Start Buying Healthy Meals.
3. I Motivate Others To Take an Hour of The Day Or 30 Minutes of Working Out Or Going For A walk And They Will See The Results. Start Eating Small Eat Half of The Amount You Always Eat and Save The Rest For Tomorrow Or Share It With Someone. :)
1.I obesity is caused by people eating unhealthy food all the time. most people eat fast food, which has a lot of grease in it.
2. I think their plan is good because their making people may more for fast food. Some people will not pay too much for fast food so they would go to healthy food, or just cut back on fast food.
3. My recommendations would be to walk for at least 30 mins, excerise everyday. Dont lay down after you eat. I would tell people to start trying to eat more healthy and cut back on fast food.
Aneya Dixon 3B
Elijah Powell
3B
I think obesity caused by stress and not taking responsibility. Some people should watch how and what they eat. I think the Denmark's plan was good, because the way they have it set up for schools so that the generation will decrease for obesity people.I recommendation is to just try eating healthy food and you will see how your life can turn out to be better.
I think there are many causes for obesity stress, lack of sleep, self esteem issues there are many things that a effect a persons eating habits. I think their plan is good in a way that it sends a shocked to the kinds of everyday foods that can contribute to gaining weight.I think the food industry should focus more on health than the convenience of a 15 minute microwave pizza or 2 minute microwave meal and try to stress to people through their products that healthy choices aren't gross or nasty but they can taste good and be good for you.
I think obesity is caused by lack of exercise and lack of a healthy diet. I like denmark's new plan, I think it would help,and I also believe it should be incorporated into the U.S. I think if people had to spend more money on less healthy stuff then i don't think they would by it as often if at all. one of my recommendations would be to make fast food more expensive and pay the workers more. and make fresh produce cheaper and with out all the extra chemicals and perservatives. I think that more people should do weight watchers!
I think obesity is caused by little exercise,unhealthy diet and people being lazy,stress,lackof sleep and self esteem issues.i like denmarkes plan, its cool. i totally think it would help
1.I Think What Causes Obesity Is Eating Late At Night And Eating When You Are Just Bored. Some People Eat Just Because They Are Bored.
2.I Think Denmark's Plan Is Great Because It Might Keep People From Buying Food That Are Causing Them To Get Overweight. I Think Every Country Should Raise Prices On Fast Food Because Not Only Are People Are Getting Sick And Overweight But Kids Are Dying At A Young Age.
3.I Think Instead Of Using Food That Are Going To Make Us Fat, Go Get Something That Is Healthy But Still Taste Good.
Kayla Faulk:3B
Kayla Jackson
3B
1. The major thing that causes obesity is the carelessness that people have for their health. People eat very unhealthy. It would not be so bad if the amount of food and drinks that one consumed matched with the amount of execise put in daily.
2. I think that Denmark came up with a very smart plan. The question is if this will really stop people from eating unhealthy food. I work in a Carry Out. When the prices go up, people still buy the food because the food is great. If the food was already too expensive before, this mean that they do have the money. They would not mind paying some extra cents.
3. The only recommendation for combating obesity is that there will be ceratain standards for a company to sell an item. The item will have to reach certain nutrient requirements in order to sell it.
Obesity can be caused by many things; stress, genetics, poor diet, or binge eating. Regardless people are in control of pretty much everything they do. However, I think Denmark's plan for a "fat tax" is pure genius. I stated people are "in control" but with that they generally make the wrong decision. The "fat tax" is very similar to what Governor Cuomo did in New York which was the massive tax increase on cigarettes to get people to quit smoking. As far as recommendations go for obesity all I can say is to seek professional help. Whether it be from a doctor, psychiatrist, or family. Some things are bigger than us and we have to admit it and continue to the next process.
1. I think what causes obesity is when you eat the wrong things and you don't do any exercise. It's like we eat the wrong things but we don't want to exercise at all.
2. I really don't like their plan. I mean yea it may help but at the end of the day people are going to eat what they want to eat. People can eat what they want to eat and the companies aren't going to be upset. The industries can make money and the prices can be lower.
3. Some recommendations I have for combating is exercise. If you exercise you burn all the fat and calories off. You can eat what you want to eat but just eat less. It's all about portion control. Also a real good tip is not to eat so much greasy foods but also eat baked foods so you can still enjoy the food.
I think that obesity comes from the kids eating to much. But its not always the kids its the parents sometimes. Some parents feed their children just to feed them and that can ruin somechildren life. i think that children should eat three times a day morning, lunch, and dinner. But in between that they could if they want it eat a snack just to keep them happy all day and not crying all the time. But no child should go through beening teased in school just for being fat and sometimes its not their fault.
Diamond Nicholas 2b ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1.I think obesity is simily the food people are eating, the reason I think more people are obesed than slim is because its cheaper to buy unhealthy food than to buy fruit or healthy food.
2.I think his new plan and good and bad,because if people dont wont to be healthy then just not going to be healthy. If they wanted to then they would have done something about it them selves.
3.Just for people to worry about them selves.If your obesed then thats your problem. If your not then you dont have nothing to worry about.
Maya Robinson
4A
Obesity is caused by lack of exercise and eating too much junk foods. Also i think that people are eating too many greasy foods such as chicken, pork, and other terrible foods. But people have a choice whether they want to be fat, the only time you cant do anything about it is when you have a disease, But you should have been working on that when you first developed the problem.
Dierra P
1B
Mary Grace Jose/1B
i believe that obesity is caused because of stress that adults and even children are having. Many people also eat their hearts out because of sadness or maybe because of lack of exercise.
denmark's new plan can make many people stop buying foods they normally buy because of the "fat tax" they compromised in denmark and other places. I do believe that it's unfair that they raised the taxes because of the large obesity population. the obesity rate is getting higher and by doing this, i think it will make other people realize that obesity is unhealthy.
recommandations i do have for combating obesity is to watch what you eat and to try and exercise atleast 30 minutes a day so the foods you eat won't get to you. i also enlist that people don't skip meals because it's also unhealthy.
Mary Grace Jose/1B
Obesity is caused by greedy people. They choose to eat that much and they pay the consequences. Also bad parenting. Its not right if the child is eating as much or more food than the parents. I think the Denmark plan is great. Maybe if unhealthy food cost more, people will stop buying them or at least cutting down on it.I think people should cut down on unhealthy foods and work more often.
1. I think the thing that causes obesity is how the U.S and other states around the world have too many fast food places and the chemicals they put into their foods and how much they put in their foods.
2. I think Denmark's plan is really good because they are thinking about raising the prices but some people don’t care about the prices because they’re addicted to the fast food places, but we will see!
3. The recommendations i have are just to cut out all of the fast food places because people are abusing them and are constantly gaining weight and dying.
Acquila Robertson
3b
I believe obesity is caused by people that are careless on how much they eat and thinking nothing is going to happen based on the amount they eat . I also believe that parents dont monitor the amount on how much their children eat so the children over eat and gain a lot of weight . Most kids now a days don't exercise either which doesnt help if their eating a lot of food. I believe Denmark's plan is good because if they raise the prices , they might not want to pay so much to have that certain food they want. My recommendation is that they limit how much people and keep raising the prices on unhealthy food .
-Cailyn Thomas
1B
1. I think that making bad selections of food causes obesity. Eating unhealthy a majority of the time is just not good for the body as a result people become obese.
2.I think Denmark's plan to put taxes on items with saturated fats is crazy. I just think its not going to make people not buy those items. I know for a fact my parents would still buy it regardless.
3. The only thing i can think of to really put an end to obesity is to make unhealthy food illegal. This is also a crazy idea but desperate times cause for desperate meaasures.
1. I think that what they put in the food makes it so good that it makes people want to come back for more and the prices are so cheap that it's easier for people buy that type of food more often
2. I think his new plan to raise taxes will help because then that will push them towards making healthier food choices which cost less and will help them avoid obesity.
3. My recommendation for combating obesity would be to consult with a doctor or nutritionist to guide you in the right direction as far as food choices
1. I think that what they put in the food makes it so good that it makes people want to come back for more and the prices are so cheap that it's easier for people buy that type of food more often
2. I think his new plan to raise taxes will help because then that will push them towards making healthier food choices which cost less and will help them avoid obesity.
3. My recommendation for combating obesity would be to consult with a doctor or nutritionist to guide you in the right direction as far as food choices
Adam Pinkney 4A
Disreguard the last one without my name on it.
first I think obesity can be hereditary, or it can be the amount of fat foods you eat. I think Denmark's new plan will not work because think about cigarettes they raised the taxes on cigarettes that did not stop nobody from smoking. when you come custom to eating those fatty foods you will pay the price to get what you want. I think they should make healthy food more tasting and cheaper.
Khadijah Tyler 1B
1. Many people are born with obesity. They probally were not given the proper food when inside the mother's body. But also obesity comes from an impropper diet. Alot of people buy food from fast food place and don't take the time out to cook. Other people just munch on little snacks. So obesity comes from many differnt things.
2. Raising taxes on the food is a good idea. It can help the people who are serious about losing weight amke healthier decisions. But for the people who want specific food they will get it no matter what.
3. My recommendation is to take out some of the unhealthy stuff in stores and put in more healthier and more tastier foods in.
Shannon Weaver
2A
I think Obiesty comes from people just eating at fast food restuarants everyday. Alot of people dont eat balanced and healthy meals and its not good for them. I disagree with Denmarks new plan to put a higher tax on fatty foods. That isnt going to change anything. The prices have only raised about 50 cent so people really arnt going to care. I dont think its a way that you can stop Obesity. If people want to eat they are going to eat. You cant stop anbody from eating what and how much they want want to eat.
I think obesity comes from families that is use to eating fatty foods from fast food restaurants. I think Denmark's plan was a good thing because this can slow down obesity in a major way. Eventually people will see that it could be more cheaper to eat healthy and motivates them to make a change about the way you look. I recommend that if you still want to eat those fatty foods you should eat small portions of it instead of a big meal from mcdonalds or etc. Also work out daily and add some fruit and vegetables in your daily meals.
Charles Jackson 3B
when you take in more calories than you burn through exercise and normal daily activities. Your body stores these excess calories as fat. Obesity contributing factors,
Inactivity. Unhealthy diet Pregnancy. Lack of sleep. Getting Certain medications , and medical problems. I think Denmark's plan is great Obese people put a huge money drain on medical establishments and now Denmark is attempting to stop that drain and help their citizens become healthy. To stop it
Take control of what you are eating
learn how your mind is responsible for many of your terrible eating habits, and learn to understand the importance of today's lifestyle and how it affects your habits.
I think that Obesity is caused by lack or exercise and eating fast food. I think the new law Denmark is a great way to stop Obesity. I think a way to stop obesity is by teaching people about good eating habits. Reducing the grease that fast food places use.
Deche' Neal
I think obesity is caused by laziness, lack of self control,and in some cases monetary issues. Most people are too lazy to work out daily or cook a nice wholesome healthy meal even though they are well capable of doing so. Fast food is quick and cheap which is why people with low income resort to it. Some parents are responsible for their obesity as well. I think Denmark's plan is a wonderful idea and will be very effective in the future. Combating obesity is not an easy challenge but it pleases me to see that people are addressing the conclusively like Denmark with their solution. Steps can be taken in every household, parents must teach their children how and what to eat as well monitoring them and encouraging good eating habits. Other healthy food eateries should be made more accessible and cheaper in order to promote people to resort there instead of unhealthy fast food.
-Breanna Brown 1B
I think what causes obesity is the love for food and the laziness of not wanting to work out after one is done eating. If you watch and control what you eat you'd be okay. But that's not the case with many people. Everyday theirs a certain amount of calories your suppose to eat. This depends on the persons weigh, age, height, and things of that nature. If you exceed that limit you gain weigh if you stay below that limit you loose weight. So for those who eat a lot of food everyday and don't workout are just packing on pounds and pounds. A lot of people love fast food restaurants, these restaurants provide costumers with healthy food. Although many people are aware of the damage this food can do to their bodies I guess they aren't fully aware. The ingredients fast food contains does nothing good for the body people. If people ate healthy then worked out no one would be obese but the chances of that happening are very slim. I think Denmark's plan is a great idea though, hopefully it'll work. Combating obesity isn't a easy task to complete but parents should start by enforcing good eating habits from birth.
Kevin Washington
1. I think think being uneducated about healthy food causes obesity.
2. I think Denmarks plan is good.
3. I think people should do more research on what foods are healthy
Marques Malone
1.i think it easy a lot easier to be unhealthy than it is to be healthy.
2.I think Denmark's plan is really good it may even influence other places in the world.
3. Simply make the hard choices because they are sometimes the best one to make. (simply put make better choices)
marcus lindsay 2a
Obesity comes froms fats that are burned so the body stores them away for later causing weight to be formed. Denmark's plan is smart because if people begin to see a rise in prices then they will look for something else to eat which will save them money.If people just exercise regularly then it wont be such a hassle because your body will become acustomed to it after a period of time. Im not saying you must eat healthy all the time im saying begin a daily exercise routine to help burn those added and stored away calories.
Andre Lowery 4A
1. Obesity is triggered by the amount of fat in the bread and sausages & also how prices are cheap with dairy food.
2. To me, I think Denmark's new plan of raising taxes 30% is a good thing so people would have less chances of being obese.
3. My recommendation for combating obesity is to eat the really fatty food once or twice a month and eat less fatty food to prevent from becoming obese.
Obesity is caused by, but not limiting to, a)poor diet, b) no or lack of exercise, c) and sometimes it is in your genes.
Now Denmark took a huge leap to combat obesity. Personally I think the "Fat Tax", is ludacris. Taxing butter and sugar and etc.? Not only "fat" people partake in these foods. I'm not sure of a very sure-fire way to combat obesity, but a STEP in the right direction would be to get all of the major eateries nutrition information and release it to the general public.
:Hunter Howard 1B:
this article was extremely outrageous. Seriously tax on fat. I know obesity is a serious problem but i dont think this is the right way to combat it. Obesity is caused by many things not just fat intake due to butter and fatty foods. Although it may be a prominent contributor you can actually be fat and considered healthy. I think Denmark is implementing a "tough Love" plan on it's people. Taxing fat can actually send people hysterical as stated in the article of people hoarding some of those taxed products. I believe the best way to combat obesity is education. In life things take time so gradually rehabilitating the human mind on the importance of moderating food intake will solve the problem of obesity.
I think the food that is cooked around you and what your family eats, if it contains a lot of trans fat that can cause obesity, or if one doesn't monitor what they eat that can also cause obesity. I think that Denmark plan is harsh, however its a good way to reduce cardiovascular diseases. For example when that ban trans fats it reduce the rates of cardiovascular diseases. I recommendation that people that are effected by obesity should be more cautions on what they eat and should know what they are eating.
Nace Denton-Hurst
4A
I believe Denmark's plan is a good idea because it will target the harmful source that cause cardiovascular disease. It could save many lives in the end. I believe eating unhealthy foods without going on diets causes diabetes. A way to combat diabetes is running go healthy campaigns. I also believe serving more healthy foods at public places would also help with the diabetes problem.
Tariq 2A
I think that fast food restaurants and fried foods are the main causes of obesity. In addition, I believe not being able to control yourself and how much you eat is a main cause of obesity. I think that there are other ways to help prevent obesity, rather then Denmark tax plan. For example, have a public gym or make food healthy at restaurants. I think that America is doing anything to get money! I think that a better way to help prevent and help people who is obese is to have a personal trainer and help them to eat healthy.
-Jada Young 2b
1- I think obesity is caused by eating unhealthy food. For example if people eat fast food only & carry out there's a big possibilty that they're become obesity because of all the fat they're eating & all that fat stays inside of you.
2. I think Denmark's plan is really good because they are thinking about raising the prices but some people don’t care about the prices because they’re addicted to the fast food places, but we will see!2. I think Denmark's plan is really good because they are thinking about raising the prices but some people don’t care about the prices because they’re addicted to the fast food places, but we will see!3. My recommendation is to take out some of the unhealthy stuff in stores and put in more healthier and more tastier foods in.
I feel that how parents and other relatives dont know how to say no when it comes to junk food. Therefore they just give4 them the food whenever they ask for it. Plus very little amount of kids in that situation do any type of activity whether its daily walks or a type of sports. What lhe is trying to do sounds dumb in all kinds of ways. One its up to the person whether they excerise or not, Plus people will eat what they wont the dont care, if there hungry then there hungry. If you feel that you should give the child junk food whenever they ask make sure that you at least do some type of work out or excersice with them.
I think alot of fast and unhealtyh foods cause the obesity and butter. I like the plan because i feel like in the long ruin there just trying to help the obease people. I would just get rid of fast food completely to lower obesitiy
XAVIER DENNIS 3-B
I think alot of fast and unhealtyh foods cause the obesity and butter. I like the plan because i feel like in the long ruin there just trying to help the obease people. I would just get rid of fast food completely to lower obesitiy
XAVIER DENNIS 3-B
Post a Comment