Do you think he Soulja Boy needed to apologize or do you think the criticism is violating his 1st ammendment rights?? Be sure to thoroughly explain your opinion!
58 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I think that Soulja Boy was only voicing his opinion just like anybody else would. By him apologizing he was basically contradicting himself. Whats done is done
i think that he needed to apologize because he should have never said f the fbi and the army soliders cause those are the people that protect the country but i also think they violated his 1st ammendment rights if it says you have freedom of speech why couldnt he say that... Deaunte Watson 4A
I don't think that he should apologize, he was just saying how he felt. Even though the comment was very rude, he was just stating his opinion. And if he did apologize he probally wouldn't mean it!
I don't think he should have to apologize because he has the right to say anything he wants but, I do think it was wrong of him to say that. The military is fighting for his safety. I feel he should be grateful instead of careless. I agree with people not listening to his music because he made a very disrespectful comment.
Yes I Do Think Soulja Boy Should Apologize Because The FBI Helps Investigate Crimes That Goes On In Our Country And The Army Troops Go To War For Our Country. So For Him To Say F*** the FBI And the Army Troops Was Wrong. We Need Them In Our Country Because we Need People To Investigate In Our country And Fight for Our Country. With Out Them We Wouldn't Know Where Would Our Country Stand.
-I think they doing a little to much over something that's not serious .yeahs should apologize but then again it's just ent. For young teens. I understand why the army mad because they do fight for our country and rights .I think the army just want RESPECT for the things they do. (taqiyyah recio)
I think that Soulja Boy was only voicing his opinion just like anybody else would. If its wrong then everybody should be apologizing for their opinions.I understand why the army mad because they do fight for our country and rights .I think the army just want RESPECT for the things they do. It should be up to soulja boy to apologize or not.
I think he should apologize. Just because he has the right to voice his opinion doesn't mean it won't create controversy. Even though many people listen to his music, his personal opinions don't matter to most of them. J. Daniel 1B
I don't think he should apologize for simply voicing his own opinion. Soulja Boy was a bit disrespctful to the armed forces in his single but, if that is how he feels about them,then he shouldnt have to apologize for expressing so. Kevin Banks 1B.
I think he should apologize because it was rude. Rappers now a days are wack arogant little retards that can't rap at all. They don't think about their raps and who they will affect. I mean yeah you do have freedom of speech but somethings just shouldn't come out of your mouth. So lets flip the script and say the military said F*** Soulja Boy and we goin blow up his house. I bet he would want an apology. So yeah he should apologize. I don't care what anyone says.
Soulja Boy makes himself look completely uneducated. He is entitled to an opinion...However, when it gets to the point of him disrespecting people fighting for our country it gets disgusting. These people are fighting to keep us safe. Soulja Boy has never been the brightest in the bunch and this song is a reflection of that. I am happy that Soulja Boy has apologized, but then again everyone is allowed to believe in what they want.
I am agreeing with taj. that is just wrong about talking about the army like that if he has problems with them he can talk about it you dont have to blast it all out on a song i dont if he has freedom of speech they could blow up his house for all we know if someone tells the army about what he did
I think that soulja boy sjould apologize even thougb he has freedom of speech he should also know what to say out his mouth. I also agree with taqiyyah because the soliders protect their country with their lives and all they ask is for our support and respect . Raymond Flowers 1B
believe that Soulja Boy was completely in the wrong for his lyrics in his songs. The things that he said about the Military was disrespectful and un-called for. Soulja Boy needs to gain some respect for the Military and what they do for our country. His Right of Free Speech should be used with a little more care.
I don't think his rights were violated in any way. He made a statement in a song and people didnt agree with it, they found it offensive but no one forced him to apologize that was his choice. Although I believe his comments were wrong, they were taken the wrong way. I'm also a firm believer in people saying what they mean and not apologizing for how they feel.
Ashanti Walcott 1/A In my opinion Soulja Boy was just voicing his opinion.Yes he should respect the armed forces but he should not apologize for it. He's stating what he felt, and he has the right to do that, even though it may have been disrespectful.
In my opinion there are ways you should express yourself. In the song he made rude remarks towards the military that shouldnt have been said. I think he owes them an apology and should next time watch what he says. The military is fighting for your country and your saying something thats hurtful. Words Hurt!!
I don't think Soulja Boy should've apologized b ecause everyone has the right to speak their mind. Also, I agree with what he said because how do we suppose to know what is going on over there when all we are informed of is terrorist being here. People just assume there is a war. No one has ever thought about the reason we are over there, who started what, or why they might be here trying to hurt us. Maybe they feel as though their rights are being violated for being watched over like children by another country who probably was never invited to come and "protect" them. -Donyah Bunn 4A
I do think soujaboy should've apolgize which he did,but I still that was wrong of him because he dosent know what they go through and that there a men and women dying everyday for our country and he has a nerve to say f*** the military I dont see him out there fighting for us. I believe he was very wrong for that.
I do think soujaboy should've apolgize which he did,but I still that was wrong of him because he dosent know what they go through and that there a men and women dying everyday for our country and he has a nerve to say f*** the military I dont see him out there fighting for us. I believe he was very wrong for that.
dontonio burdette 2b: i think soulja boy should apolgize for what he said because people in the armed forcesr over ther fighting for the country including him because hes in it. but at the same time look at it from soulja boy point of view maybe soulja boy didnt mean what he said maybe it he was just rapping, rappers lie in ther raps all the time i think they shouldnt take it so serious.
I believe that Soulja Boy was only voicing his opinion just like anybody else would, i'm not saying what he said was right and i totally don't agree with the ignorant comment/statement that was said about the army but that's his believe and his own opinion. To me i love the army and i respect everything the do and i honor them because of their courage and strength/bravery. By him apologizing he was basically contradicting himself about what was said. I think that making a man apologize for what his own opinion is just ludicrous but by making him apologize does not mean he mean it.Look at it from soulja boy point of view maybe soulja boy didnt mean what he said maybe it he was just rapping, maybe it was just to rhyme but those are his words, his song. If you hammer a man about a verse that was said in his song that offended the armed forces, then you would have a long line because rappers,artists,politics, government, presidents, and just normal people have said things that offended a bunch of people but some of the things that were said we just had to suck it up and deal with it because nothing was done about it. And there were lots of things that have been done and wrongfully said but it never made it to the front page of the news paper or channel fox 5 news. But he must really admire the army if he walks around calling him'self solider boy!! But that was just a stupid thing that he had said in my opinion.
Oh jeez, not another one of these "outrages". Since when did "America" turn in to "AmeriSOFT"? There would be a reasonable argument if they said he was sending a treason message, but they aren't. People are absolutely crazy making claims that he should apologize to our "honorable" troops who are in foreign countries killing civilians daily. He's a rapper so he tends to say crazy things, but as soon as he says something he truly believes in he needs to apologize. Noone had a problem when he was dancing like a clown saying "Crank Dat Soulja Boy". This is an absolute breach of Soulja's right to freedom of speech and another example of how the U.S is contradicting it's own basic laws. This whole topic is both ridiculous and a waste of time, this country needs to go back to discussing what happened on "Jersey Shore" last Thursday and stop the sensitivity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0R0BlISqro&NR=1
Soulja Boy does not need to apologize for his criticism against the armed forces. Lawfully he is completely protected by the first amendment. He is merely freely expressing his self by voicing his opinions through his music. Of course this is one the most controversial amendments and as we all know the constitution is a living document in that in can be interpreted to fit modern day issues as long as it remains in the intent of the founders. The big question is where do you draw the line?Freedom of speech is protected as long as it doesn't bring harm to others or disrupts everyday life. Soulja Boy's song does none of that therefore he is not in the wrong. People can approve or disapprove the song as they please. Everyone is entitled there own opinions however everyone doesn't have to listen or comply with each others opinions. -Breanna Brown 1B
I think he should have thought deeply about what he said before he said it. I also think that he also had the right to say anything he wanted to according to freedom of speech. But he should also take heed that the soldiers fight and protect our country. He may not realize how important they really are.
I feel that he should not have to apologize and for those who feel he should should say the same to Lil Wayne for saying "fuc* the police..." in the song "welcome to my hood".
I think that he should have apologized because he did say some wrong things that hurt thier feelings but he said wat he said and we can't change that.....Diamond Nicholas 3 period I have class with Jason
I don't think that Soulja Boy should have said f**k the fbi, but I also think that they did violate his 1st amendment right. He can say whatever he feels that is why it's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. But I'm not saying I agree with him.
In my opinion, Soulja Boy should not have to apoligize for what he said. Being that this is a "free" country, he has every right to say what he want. Clearly, he meant what he said about "f the FBI..." Just because people didn't like what he said, he shouldn't have to kiss up and say sorry. If that's what I honestly meant, I would not apoligize to anyone. Stay true to yourself!
I think he was right to apologize to the soldiers and their families. After reading this I do think he needed to apologize to everyone he offended because even thought we do have the freedom of speech doesn't mean we can abuse it. We have to be careful of what we say because things like this is serious. Danae Stradford Period: 2A
I believe Soulja boy's comment was his own opinion. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. A person's opinion can never be wrong. However even though it cannot be wrong, you should still watch what you say about certain people sometimes because they may take your opinion offensive. Soulja boys choice of words could be better. Tariq Abdullah 3B
I think that Soulja Boy was only saying how he felt. Everyone has the right to state their opinion. But it was still wrong of him to say that. Soulja Boy could have said it in a different way. I can also understand where the souldiers were coming from because they are risking their lives for the United States. So the soldiers took his opinion offensive. Aneya Dixon 3B
I dont that Soulja Boy should have apoligized for his lyrics. He was saying his opinion and he as the Constitutional right to do so. Soulja Boy is a rapper and people pay for his uncesored opinion and he shouldnt have to tailor his business because people dont like what he has to say. I understand that soldiers feel that they risk their lives and that was utter disrespect on his part, but at the same time...no one forced them to listen. If they dont like how he feels jsut stop listening to him.-Stephan Taylor 1A
I agree with the comment above me ^^^^^ because everyone is intitled to there own opinion in how they see things in life. Soulja boy stated an opinion and how feels but like people say some things are meant to be kept to themselves.But souldiers go out and fight for there country and soulja boy was wrong for saying that. ATLEAST HE WAS MATURE ENOUGH TO APOLOGIZE!!!!!! Some people would not have done that. But like the comment above said if you dont like what her is saying DONT LISTEN TO IT!!!!
I Believe Souja Boy should Apologize for what he said, But I don't Believe it violates the 1st Ammendemnet. Yes I do Think it was very rude of him to say what he said. Considering the fact the army is out there risking their lives and all of us here in the U.S. Even though he does have a right to say what he said It doesn't change the fact that it was wrong. Certain things should stay to him self not for the whole world to hear, and the song was one of those things.
No, I don't think Soulja Boy should apologize for his song (as it is in his first amendment), but at the same time, he is definitely in the wrong. The soldiers are fighting for all of our lives so how dare you talk about that negatively. Also, I thought the song was terrible. :Hunter Howard 1B:
I don't think a apology is needed, but it would be nice of him. Souja Boy and everyone else in this country has freedom of speech. So he can say what he wants to a certain extent. If people believe he has to say sorry for the words he rapped in his song they should examine the lyrics of some other artist. Souja Boy is not the first to say F the police and government. Their has been other artist and people outside of the music industry who has said it. So if this dude has to apologize a bunch of others have to, and that's just out of fairness. If Souja boy feels this way about our government and the they way they act who are we to say "oh you have to apologize for saying this"? I have nothing against Souja Boy or anyone else who voices their opinion because it's just an opinion. I defiantly don't agree with him though far as our troops go because their out risking their lives everyday to help protect us and our country so they earn nothing but respect and honor from me. With these police officers I don't like the way they act towards us sometimes. They treat Innocent people us as if were guilty criminals. Police brutality is one of the words I usually use when it comes down to unfair issues concerning the cops. I guess they are just doing their jobs though. I am thankful for them and have respect for most of them it's just those jerks that I don't like. But you never know what problems and experiences people have faced with others. So you can't say Souja Boy was wrong for his song. He just wrote what came to his mind towards this topic.
Honestly I don't feel that he needed to apologized but he did to show respect. He said what he wanted and got his thought across in his song.? Like Soulja said .. "Why Are We Fight.?" this is a question the world will never know. We were fighting for a reason at first but is there a reason now or is it just still going on because its something to do.
I don't think Soulja Boy should have apologized for what he said because it's his rap, his dumb comment, and his opinion. I think it was disrespectful for him to have said that, and the soldier are fighting for a place where he lives (America). In addition, I feel it was to late for an apology because we already know how he feel about the FBI and Soldiers now so his apology is pointless.
I think He should apologize It was very disrespectful, selfish, inconsiderate, igorant, and whole lot of other things. Our soldiers are who fight and die for us so he can make his little music, he looses definite cool points on that one two thumbs...down! lol like that. anyways yeah and our soldiers and our people should be very upset and I mean in the end he has the right to say what ever he wants I guess because it is our amendment but just because you can say something doesn't mean you should or that it's right!
Doria Ashanti 4A: I think he should apologize because he did say it in a negative way. But i also think he doesnt have to because he was expressing his opinion. The way he said was very rude and inconsiderate for the soldiers at war and their families. Their living sad not knowing if their dead or not. He probably shouldn't have said it at all. When he wrote he should have reviewed and think if this was right to say.
Yes I Do think soulja boy needed to apologizeto the military troops because he straight disrespected them . If it wasnt for our troops Soulja Boy wouldn't be were he Is today . I think we all need each other and if anything people in the military and people who serve our country should be more appreciated instead of getting a big slap in the face. And there is alot of famous rappers who think they can disrespect others just because their famous but hopefully soulja boy learnt his lesson we all are humanand make mistakes -domonique moore 2(a)
I dont think Soulja Boy should apologize for anything . Yes the troops are fighting for us , but that is opinion. No one ever says anything when Kayne West makes a rude comment or when Nas says political ignorant things either . He is a rapper , he is going to voice his opinions and probably the same opinions that some of his fans believe too. Its reality .
If souljia boy thinks that the FBI and army troops are doing something wrong he has the right to express what he feels he has freedom of speech too its just that he has to be more careful about what he says because he is a celebrity and alot of people are wathing what he says
So I understand that he was putting his feelings into his music but I honestly think that he should apologize. I think he should apologize because of the fact that people husbands, wives, fathers, mothers and peoples children are over their fighting for their country and also for HIM. The people that are fighting for us really didn't have to do that. so I would like to tell them thank you for doing what they are doing for the United States. Acquila Robertson 3B
I think that like all people he had the right to express himself. However with the freedom of expression comes the possibility of saying things and coming to regret them or possibly having your your point of view mistaken. In this case it seems as if both happened. After his opinion was given it seems like he understood how it sounded to others. I think it was nice of him to apologize though not completely necessary. It sounds to me like an honest mistake that anyone could have made, that was smplified by the fact that he is famous and widely known.
I feel that anyone is capable of voicing their own opinion and saying what they feel. It might not all the time be what everyone else agree's with but it's only what that particular person believe's. In this world comes with lots of critism and judgement. If there was one country that was filled with the most hatered and critism it would definantly be America. But i don't at all think that Soulja Boy should apologize.
I Feel As If Soulja Boy Voiced His Opinion And The Soldiers Have The Right To Voice Theirs , But To Make Him Apologize Is Comepletely Unethical. Freedom Of Speech Is What They Practice In The Government , So Why Not Let Him Voice His Opinion On His OWN Album At That.
No I do not think he should apologize because everyone has their own opinion and that was his opinion so he should not be criticized for it. I also do not think it was right for him to say that because they risk their lives for us but that's my opinion. I think he was wrong for saying that but whats done is done he just better hope that the armed forces don't take offense to that comment. The criticism is violating his first amendment because he has the right to say what he wants to. I don't know if he said it to mock or offend the Troops but if I said something like that i would say i was sorry because they fight to keep us safe.
No I do not think he should apologize because everyone has their own opinion and that was his opinion so he should not be criticized for it. I also do not think it was right for him to say that because they risk their lives for us but that's my opinion. I think he was wrong for saying that but whats done is done he just better hope that the armed forces don't take offense to that comment. The criticism is violating his first amendment because he has the right to say what he wants to. I don't know if he said it to mock or offend the Troops but if I said something like that i would say i was sorry because they fight to keep us safe.
Emmanuel Williams 3a (I keep forgetting to put me name on my blogs so I copied and pasted it back into the comment box and posted it again)
For those who are out there serving this country and for those who have perished doing it and Soulja Boy chooses a song about those as our troops??? I think he needs to apologize. Honestly he could have thought of another song then that, in other words a better song also. These are the people who break there backs, risk there lives and put themselves in dangerous positions just for the sake of us as Americans and African Americans and our country in which they serve. Darrell Coleman 2A
I dont think Soulja Boy needs to apologize for the song he wrote. He was only expressing his opinion which the government can not stop us from doing. The criticism Soulja Boy is receiving is definatly violating his rights because the 1st ammendment says we have the right to say anything we want, it doesnt specify what we can and can not say.
I don't think he should be punished because everybody has freedom of speech. The statement wasn't nice to say but that is how he felt at the moment. He also apologized to the soldiers and explained his statement. Soulja Boy has an opinion just like everybody else so why penalize him for that? Rayven Jones
58 comments:
I think that Soulja Boy was only voicing his opinion just like anybody else would. By him apologizing he was basically contradicting himself. Whats done is done
Tangier May 3B
Like the comment above me said I don't think he really meant to say that I would say he let his lyrics get the best of him.
Pico Cross 2A.
i think that he needed to apologize because he should have never said f the fbi and the army soliders cause those are the people that protect the country but i also think they violated his 1st ammendment rights if it says you have freedom of speech why couldnt he say that...
Deaunte Watson
4A
I don't think that he should apologize, he was just saying how he felt. Even though the comment was very rude, he was just stating his opinion. And if he did apologize he probally wouldn't mean it!
Shannon Weaver
2A
I don't think he should have to apologize because he has the right to say anything he wants but, I do think it was wrong of him to say that. The military is fighting for his safety. I feel he should be grateful instead of careless. I agree with people not listening to his music because he made a very disrespectful comment.
Deche' Neal
Yes I Do Think Soulja Boy Should Apologize Because The FBI Helps Investigate Crimes That Goes On In Our Country And The Army Troops Go To War For Our Country. So For Him To Say F*** the FBI And the Army Troops Was Wrong. We Need Them In Our Country Because we Need People To Investigate In Our country And Fight for Our Country. With Out Them We Wouldn't Know Where Would Our Country Stand.
Taylor Bynum 1A
-I think they doing a little to much over something that's not serious .yeahs should apologize but then again it's just ent. For young teens. I understand why the army mad because they do fight for our country and rights .I think the army just want RESPECT for the things they do. (taqiyyah recio)
I think that Soulja Boy was only voicing his opinion just like anybody else would. If its wrong then everybody should be apologizing for their opinions.I understand why the army mad because they do fight for our country and rights .I think the army just want RESPECT for the things they do. It should be up to soulja boy to apologize or not.
I think he should apologize. Just because he has the right to voice his opinion doesn't mean it won't create controversy. Even though many people listen to his music, his personal opinions don't matter to most of them.
J. Daniel 1B
I don't think he should apologize for simply voicing his own opinion. Soulja Boy was a bit disrespctful to the armed forces in his single but, if that is how he feels about them,then he shouldnt have to apologize for expressing so.
Kevin Banks 1B.
I think he should apologize because it was rude. Rappers now a days are wack arogant little retards that can't rap at all. They don't think about their raps and who they will affect. I mean yeah you do have freedom of speech but somethings just shouldn't come out of your mouth. So lets flip the script and say the military said F*** Soulja Boy and we goin blow up his house. I bet he would want an apology. So yeah he should apologize. I don't care what anyone says.
Taj Tobin 3B
Soulja Boy makes himself look completely uneducated. He is entitled to an opinion...However, when it gets to the point of him disrespecting people fighting for our country it gets disgusting. These people are fighting to keep us safe. Soulja Boy has never been the brightest in the bunch and this song is a reflection of that. I am happy that Soulja Boy has apologized, but then again everyone is allowed to believe in what they want.
-Kiah Williams 1A
I am agreeing with taj. that is just wrong about talking about the army like that if he has problems with them he can talk about it you dont have to blast it all out on a song i dont if he has freedom of speech they could blow up his house for all we know if someone tells the army about what he did
Terrell Proctor
2A
I think that soulja boy sjould apologize even thougb he has freedom of speech he should also know what to say out his mouth. I also agree with taqiyyah because the soliders protect their country with their lives and all they ask is for our support and respect .
Raymond Flowers 1B
Justin Boone 1B
believe that Soulja Boy was completely in the wrong for his lyrics in his songs. The things that he said about the Military was disrespectful and un-called for. Soulja Boy needs to gain some respect for the Military and what they do for our country. His Right of Free Speech should be used with a little more care.
I don't think his rights were violated in any way. He made a statement in a song and people didnt agree with it, they found it offensive but no one forced him to apologize that was his choice. Although I believe his comments were wrong, they were taken the wrong way. I'm also a firm believer in people saying what they mean and not apologizing for how they feel.
Ashanti Walcott 1/A
In my opinion Soulja Boy was just voicing his opinion.Yes he should respect the armed forces but he should not apologize for it. He's stating what he felt, and he has the right to do that, even though it may have been disrespectful.
#DonaldMoore #Period4b I Honestly Think Soulja Boy Shoulden't Appologize. NoMore Then he Should Of Said It,Because The Army Bring No Peace.To Others
In my opinion there are ways you should express yourself. In the song he made rude remarks towards the military that shouldnt have been said. I think he owes them an apology and should next time watch what he says. The military is fighting for your country and your saying something thats hurtful. Words Hurt!!
-Cailyn Thomas 1B
I don't think Soulja Boy should've apologized b ecause everyone has the right to speak their mind. Also, I agree with what he said because how do we suppose to know what is going on over there when all we are informed of is terrorist being here. People just assume there is a war. No one has ever thought about the reason we are over there, who started what, or why they might be here trying to hurt us. Maybe they feel as though their rights are being violated for being watched over like children by another country who probably was never invited to come and "protect" them.
-Donyah Bunn 4A
I do think soujaboy should've apolgize which he did,but I still that was wrong of him because he dosent know what they go through and that there a men and women dying everyday for our country and he has a nerve to say f*** the military I dont see him out there fighting for us. I believe he was very wrong for that.
I do think soujaboy should've apolgize which he did,but I still that was wrong of him because he dosent know what they go through and that there a men and women dying everyday for our country and he has a nerve to say f*** the military I dont see him out there fighting for us. I believe he was very wrong for that.
Maya Robinson
4A
dontonio burdette 2b: i think soulja boy should apolgize for what he said because people in the armed forcesr over ther fighting for the country including him because hes in it. but at the same time look at it from soulja boy point of view maybe soulja boy didnt mean what he said maybe it he was just rapping, rappers lie in ther raps all the time i think they shouldnt take it so serious.
I believe that Soulja Boy was only voicing his opinion just like anybody else would, i'm not saying what he said was right and i totally don't agree with the ignorant comment/statement that was said about the army but that's his believe and his own opinion. To me i love the army and i respect everything the do and i honor them because of their courage and strength/bravery. By him apologizing he was basically contradicting himself about what was said. I think that making a man apologize for what his own opinion is just ludicrous but by making him apologize does not mean he mean it.Look at it from soulja boy point of view maybe soulja boy didnt mean what he said maybe it he was just rapping, maybe it was just to rhyme but those are his words, his song. If you hammer a man about a verse that was said in his song that offended the armed forces, then you would have a long line because rappers,artists,politics, government, presidents, and just normal people have said things that offended a bunch of people but some of the things that were said we just had to suck it up and deal with it because nothing was done about it. And there were lots of things that have been done and wrongfully said but it never made it to the front page of the news paper or channel fox 5 news. But he must really admire the army if he walks around calling him'self solider boy!! But that was just a stupid thing that he had said in my opinion.
Oh jeez, not another one of these "outrages". Since when did "America" turn in to "AmeriSOFT"? There would be a reasonable argument if they said he was sending a treason message, but they aren't. People are absolutely crazy making claims that he should apologize to our "honorable" troops who are in foreign countries killing civilians daily. He's a rapper so he tends to say crazy things, but as soon as he says something he truly believes in he needs to apologize. Noone had a problem when he was dancing like a clown saying "Crank Dat Soulja Boy". This is an absolute breach of Soulja's right to freedom of speech and another example of how the U.S is contradicting it's own basic laws. This whole topic is both ridiculous and a waste of time, this country needs to go back to discussing what happened on "Jersey Shore" last Thursday and stop the sensitivity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0R0BlISqro&NR=1
Soulja Boy does not need to apologize for his criticism against the armed forces. Lawfully he is completely protected by the first amendment. He is merely freely expressing his self by voicing his opinions through his music. Of course this is one the most controversial amendments and as we all know the constitution is a living document in that in can be interpreted to fit modern day issues as long as it remains in the intent of the founders. The big question is where do you draw the line?Freedom of speech is protected as long as it doesn't bring harm to others or disrupts everyday life. Soulja Boy's song does none of that therefore he is not in the wrong. People can approve or disapprove the song as they please. Everyone is entitled there own opinions however everyone doesn't have to listen or comply with each others opinions.
-Breanna Brown 1B
I think he should have thought deeply about what he said before he said it. I also think that he also had the right to say anything he wanted to according to freedom of speech. But he should also take heed that the soldiers fight and protect our country. He may not realize how important they really are.
Adam Pinkney 4A
I feel that he should not have to apologize and for those who feel he should should say the same to Lil Wayne for saying "fuc* the police..." in the song "welcome to my hood".
the comment above is by jibraun whitley 2A
I think that he should have apologized because he did say some wrong things that hurt thier feelings but he said wat he said and we can't change that.....Diamond Nicholas 3 period I have class with Jason
I don't think that Soulja Boy should have said f**k the fbi, but I also think that they did violate his 1st amendment right. He can say whatever he feels that is why it's called FREEDOM OF SPEECH. But I'm not saying I agree with him.
Deyonna Butts Pd:3B
In my opinion, Soulja Boy should not have to apoligize for what he said. Being that this is a "free" country, he has every right to say what he want. Clearly, he meant what he said about "f the FBI..." Just because people didn't like what he said, he shouldn't have to kiss up and say sorry. If that's what I honestly meant, I would not apoligize to anyone. Stay true to yourself!
-Danyelle Perry 3B
I think he was right to apologize to the soldiers and their families. After reading this I do think he needed to apologize to everyone he offended because even thought we do have the freedom of speech doesn't mean we can abuse it. We have to be careful of what we say because things like this is serious. Danae Stradford Period: 2A
I believe Soulja boy's comment was his own opinion. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. A person's opinion can never be wrong. However even though it cannot be wrong, you should still watch what you say about certain people sometimes because they may take your opinion offensive. Soulja boys choice of words could be better.
Tariq Abdullah 3B
I think that Soulja Boy was only saying how he felt. Everyone has the right to state their opinion. But it was still wrong of him to say that. Soulja Boy could have said it in a different way. I can also understand where the souldiers were coming from because they are risking their lives for the United States. So the soldiers took his opinion offensive.
Aneya Dixon 3B
I dont that Soulja Boy should have apoligized for his lyrics. He was saying his opinion and he as the Constitutional right to do so. Soulja Boy is a rapper and people pay for his uncesored opinion and he shouldnt have to tailor his business because people dont like what he has to say. I understand that soldiers feel that they risk their lives and that was utter disrespect on his part, but at the same time...no one forced them to listen. If they dont like how he feels jsut stop listening to him.-Stephan Taylor 1A
I agree with the comment above me ^^^^^ because everyone is intitled to there own opinion in how they see things in life. Soulja boy stated an opinion and how feels but like people say some things are meant to be kept to themselves.But souldiers go out and fight for there country and soulja boy was wrong for saying that. ATLEAST HE WAS MATURE ENOUGH TO APOLOGIZE!!!!!! Some people would not have done that. But like the comment above said if you dont like what her is saying DONT LISTEN TO IT!!!!
3B
I Believe Souja Boy should Apologize for what he said, But I don't Believe it violates the 1st Ammendemnet. Yes I do Think it was very rude of him to say what he said. Considering the fact the army is out there risking their lives and all of us here in the U.S. Even though he does have a right to say what he said It doesn't change the fact that it was wrong. Certain things should stay to him self not for the whole world to hear, and the song was one of those things.
Jade Ellis
Period 3B
No, I don't think Soulja Boy should apologize for his song (as it is in his first amendment), but at the same time, he is definitely in the wrong. The soldiers are fighting for all of our lives so how dare you talk about that negatively. Also, I thought the song was terrible.
:Hunter Howard 1B:
I don't think a apology is needed, but it would be nice of him. Souja Boy and everyone else in this country has freedom of speech. So he can say what he wants to a certain extent. If people believe he has to say sorry for the words he rapped in his song they should examine the lyrics of some other artist. Souja Boy is not the first to say F the police and government. Their has been other artist and people outside of the music industry who has said it. So if this dude has to apologize a bunch of others have to, and that's just out of fairness. If Souja boy feels this way about our government and the they way they act who are we to say "oh you have to apologize for saying this"? I have nothing against Souja Boy or anyone else who voices their opinion because it's just an opinion. I defiantly don't agree with him though far as our troops go because their out risking their lives everyday to help protect us and our country so they earn nothing but respect and honor from me. With these police officers I don't like the way they act towards us sometimes. They treat Innocent people us as if were guilty criminals. Police brutality is one of the words I usually use when it comes down to unfair issues concerning the cops. I guess they are just doing their jobs though. I am thankful for them and have respect for most of them it's just those jerks that I don't like. But you never know what problems and experiences people have faced with others. So you can't say Souja Boy was wrong for his song. He just wrote what came to his mind towards this topic.
Kevin Washington
Honestly I don't feel that he needed to apologized but he did to show respect. He said what he wanted and got his thought across in his song.? Like Soulja said .. "Why Are We Fight.?" this is a question the world will never know. We were fighting for a reason at first but is there a reason now or is it just still going on because its something to do.
I don't think Soulja Boy should have apologized for what he said because it's his rap, his dumb comment, and his opinion. I think it was disrespectful for him to have said that, and the soldier are fighting for a place where he lives (America). In addition, I feel it was to late for an apology because we already know how he feel about the FBI and Soldiers now so his apology is pointless.
-Jada Young 2B
I think He should apologize It was very disrespectful, selfish, inconsiderate, igorant, and whole lot of other things. Our soldiers are who fight and die for us so he can make his little music, he looses definite cool points on that one two thumbs...down! lol like that. anyways yeah and our soldiers and our people should be very upset and I mean in the end he has the right to say what ever he wants I guess because it is our amendment but just because you can say something doesn't mean you should or that it's right!
Doria Ashanti 4A:
I think he should apologize because he did say it in a negative way. But i also think he doesnt have to because he was expressing his opinion. The way he said was very rude and inconsiderate for the soldiers at war and their families. Their living sad not knowing if their dead or not. He probably shouldn't have said it at all. When he wrote he should have reviewed and think if this was right to say.
Ii Believe That Soulja Boy Shouldnt Apoligize Because As Many People Said He Was Voicing His Opinion And Didnt Mean To Hurt Anybody In Anyway
Marquis Anbaz 2B
Ii Believe That Soulja Boy Shouldnt Apoligize Because As Many People Said He Was Voicing His Opinion And Didnt Mean To Hurt Anybody In Anyway
Yes I Do think soulja boy needed to apologizeto the military troops because he straight disrespected them . If it wasnt for our troops Soulja Boy wouldn't be were he Is today . I think we all need each other and if anything people in the military and people who serve our country should be more appreciated instead of getting a big slap in the face. And there is alot of famous rappers who think they can disrespect others just because their famous but hopefully soulja boy learnt his lesson we all are humanand make mistakes -domonique moore 2(a)
I dont think Soulja Boy should apologize for anything . Yes the troops are fighting for us , but that is opinion. No one ever says anything when Kayne West makes a rude comment or when Nas says political ignorant things either . He is a rapper , he is going to voice his opinions and probably the same opinions that some of his fans believe too. Its reality .
If souljia boy thinks that the FBI and army troops are doing something wrong he has the right to express what he feels he has freedom of speech too its just that he has to be more careful about what he says because he is a celebrity and alot of people are wathing what he says
KEVIN HOLSTON 2B
So I understand that he was putting his feelings into his music but I honestly think that he should apologize. I think he should apologize because of the fact that people husbands, wives, fathers, mothers and peoples children are over their fighting for their country and also for HIM. The people that are fighting for us really didn't have to do that. so I would like to tell them thank you for doing what they are doing for the United States.
Acquila Robertson 3B
I think that like all people he had the right to express himself. However with the freedom of expression comes the possibility of saying things and coming to regret them or possibly having your your point of view mistaken. In this case it seems as if both happened. After his opinion was given it seems like he understood how it sounded to others. I think it was nice of him to apologize though not completely necessary. It sounds to me like an honest mistake that anyone could have made, that was smplified by the fact that he is famous and widely known.
I feel that anyone is capable of voicing their own opinion and saying what they feel. It might not all the time be what everyone else agree's with but it's only what that particular person believe's. In this world comes with lots of critism and judgement. If there was one country that was filled with the most hatered and critism it would definantly be America. But i don't at all think that Soulja Boy should apologize.
Karisa Johnson
Period 4A .
I Feel As If Soulja Boy Voiced His Opinion And The Soldiers Have The Right To Voice Theirs , But To Make Him Apologize Is Comepletely Unethical. Freedom Of Speech Is What They Practice In The Government , So Why Not Let Him Voice His Opinion On His OWN Album At That.
No I do not think he should apologize because everyone has their own opinion and that was his opinion so he should not be criticized for it. I also do not think it was right for him to say that because they risk their lives for us but that's my opinion. I think he was wrong for saying that but whats done is done he just better hope that the armed forces don't take offense to that comment. The criticism is violating his first amendment because he has the right to say what he wants to. I don't know if he said it to mock or offend the Troops but if I said something like that i would say i was sorry because they fight to keep us safe.
Anonymous said...
No I do not think he should apologize because everyone has their own opinion and that was his opinion so he should not be criticized for it. I also do not think it was right for him to say that because they risk their lives for us but that's my opinion. I think he was wrong for saying that but whats done is done he just better hope that the armed forces don't take offense to that comment. The criticism is violating his first amendment because he has the right to say what he wants to. I don't know if he said it to mock or offend the Troops but if I said something like that i would say i was sorry because they fight to keep us safe.
Emmanuel Williams 3a (I keep forgetting to put me name on my blogs so I copied and pasted it back into the comment box and posted it again)
For those who are out there serving this country and for those who have perished doing it and Soulja Boy chooses a song about those as our troops??? I think he needs to apologize. Honestly he could have thought of another song then that, in other words a better song also. These are the people who break there backs, risk there lives and put themselves in dangerous positions just for the sake of us as Americans and African Americans and our country in which they serve. Darrell Coleman 2A
I dont think Soulja Boy needs to apologize for the song he wrote. He was only expressing his opinion which the government can not stop us from doing. The criticism Soulja Boy is receiving is definatly violating his rights because the 1st ammendment says we have the right to say anything we want, it doesnt specify what we can and can not say.
Brian Crouse 1B
I don't think he should be punished because everybody has freedom of speech. The statement wasn't nice to say but that is how he felt at the moment. He also apologized to the soldiers and explained his statement. Soulja Boy has an opinion just like everybody else so why penalize him for that? Rayven Jones
Post a Comment