This is an interesting article about Vice President Biden's recent trip to China. He discusses their policy that was created to deal with the overpopulation problem. This policy only allows each family to have 1 child. This policy has been very controversial because it has resulted in couples: killing and abandoning newborns for being the "wrong" gender, forcing unwanted abortions, and even jail.
Do you think that Biden has a right to discuss this law that pertains to another country? Do you share his concerns for the future of China or is it non of our business? How do you feel about this policy? *Sidenote - Girls are more likely to be aborted, killed, or given aw. Second children HAVE to be aborted, penalty is jail!*
29 comments:
After carefully reading this article i don't believe, First That the vice president is not in the position of making decisions & in such serious decisions or any without consulting the president first. And by what the role of an vice president is to be ready at an moment's notice to assume the Presidency if the President is unable to perform his duties. This can be because of the President's death, resignation, or temporary incapacitation, or if the Vice President and a majority of the Cabinet judge that the President is no longer able to discharge the duties of the presidency. And second i strongly disagree with this policy because i do you promote things about kids are the future and say that i want all our children to go to schools worthy of their potential-schools that challenge them, inspire them, and instill in them a sense of wonder about the world around them. I want them to have the chance to go to college—even if their parents aren't rich. And I want them to get good jobs. jobs that pay well and give them benefits like health care, jobs that let them spend time with their own kids and retire with dignity." This coming straight from the horse's mouth (Obama/Biden) and then say something like you can only have one child and if you exceed that limit then something serious going to happen to your kids. Now that does not sound like them care about the children that were born after the first child? What about all that you were saying about going to college, getting all the education you can get,being able to retire and even have kids of their own? Why force the chinese to only have one child , if millions/billions of other people having 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 kids but just because of the low money issue you think you can just force the chinese people to have one child? But what funny is that their in debt with them. But I how would he like if they said that to him, his wife and kids. I know that as being an president you are going to have to make the tough decision. But i don't believe that is not Biden responsibility to demand that of the chinese. I don't even believe it was even that is of the constitution Because it clearly states that "All men are created equal" And Is " promised to be the land of the free". So i Sincerely, Disagree with Biden's policy On the China 1 Child Law!
^Jason 2B
I do think Joe Biden has the right to discuss this law it doesn't matter if it pertains to another country or not. While I feel this law is slightly inhuman it is another country's policy so no I do not share his concern. However, the last time this country said "it's none of our business" a mass killing of Jews occured. While this law is inhuman people know what they are getting themselves into when they become impregnated so I feel no remorse.
I believe that Biden does have a right to talk about that policy. I say this because since we are basically the big brother of the world we should always have a watchful eye over each country! I do share his concerns about the future of China because this can cause alot of corruption and evil in the country. This policy is a good and bad thing. The good aspect of this policy is that it is used to control China's over population difficulty but the bad side is that murder and abortion and jail time is increasing in China.
I dont believe that Joe Biden has the right to discuss this law in China because its none of his business. Its not like he can do anything to change it so what is he concerned for. No matter how many times he dicuss it, China is only going to change their law if they want to. However, I do share his concerns for the future of China. This law could cause alot of problems for the country. I feel that this policy needs to be gone immediately. Just because you have more than one child doesnt have to mean that you have to kill one of them. Why should you have to go to jail for having a baby? The policy just doesnt make sense.
If China is over populated they shouldnt have to kill kids.They should just think of a new theory, that dosent envolve death.I think if you are having other children they should just be put up for adoption and not killed and the parents shouldnt be sent to jail.No I do not think Biden has the right to discuss this, he is the Vice Prersident of the USA not of Asia.
Maya Robinson
4/A
Biden On China 1 Child Law
Doria Jefferson 4/A
I think Joe Biden has a right to discuss this policy because you should have a right to do whatever you please. Even though I go against this law and i think this law is very..odd but, I'm also not living there. So i really don't know who approves it or not and it is really not my concern. But when the people get pregnant they should know what they are getting themselves into and if they really want a certain gender so bad they should go to a doctor and do that, but they cant deny their own outcomes.
I think that Joe Biden should have minded his own business but he also has a right to do/say whatever he pleases.I also say that china shouldnt be taking lives depending on the gender of their child and how many they already have no matter what the population is but thats just my opinion.
I Think That Joe Biden Had The Right To State His Own Opinion, And The People Shouldnt Have Got Mad.I Also Think Ther China Should Of Thought Of Another Resolution To The Problem.For Example:Make Them Move Somewhere Else Rather Than Prohibiting Them From Having Babies Or Killing Their Children.
I like that fact that Joe Biden is trying to help out another country, but to kill a person's life just because of overpopulation is WRONG. I understand that he wants them to go to another country, but it doesn't give him the right to kill them if they don't!
Lyric Freeman 2A i think this is our business Because No Parent should have to kill or give up there child no one can help if they have alot of kids i think this law should be changed it's unfair my mother has 8 kids and if i was in china my mother would not go for that no i guess if the law makers have kids they would have to give them up to no i dont think it's fair
I go against abortion period i feel that just because the overpopulation having to kill your future child is wrong.
Andre Lowery 4A I think that China can do whatever they want to do with their country as long as those decisions dont impact the United States. As for Biden, I think he has the right to say whatever he wants because its his opinion. Im not saying that wat China is doing is correct but they have to find some type of way to deal with the overpopulation that is taking place.
Ron Phillips 3B...... I think Joe Biden has the right to say what he like but, I don't think it was a good idea to speak on something like this when you have your own country to worry about. I believe that anybody should be able to have how many kids they want if they can supply the needs. Killing a baby is sad case. People has a freedom of speech so there not must people can say about his opinion. That's they law and there's nothing we can do. If was was a china citizen I wouldn't have a child.
I am pissed our worlds stupidity. this is the most idiotic solution to over population i've ever heard. A blind man can see that this is not the answer. It goes aginst nature, and as you can see when you go aginst nature you get sickening results.
- Dorian Womble 1A
I too agree that Biden has every right to voice his opinions. The law that every family should only have 1 child is ridiculous! What if you have twins? You will then be forced to give away one of your kids. That's crazy. I would never be able to give up my child. I think that Biden just wanted everyone to see where he was coming from. Some people may agree with him, others may not, however, he has EVERY right to say what he want. I think people are making a big deal out of it because of the fact that Biden DID go into their country and tried to change things...but I'm on his side.
-Danyelle Perry 3B
dontonio burdette 2B: REALLY REALLY WHAT IN THE WORLD a women should have as many kids as she wants to have i think biden has lost it someone needs to slap sense into him how about you focus on america and not china.
By:Jermaine Taylor
I think that Biden can say what he please, China is always trying to give thier opinion on our laws or sayings so we should have our own opinion. plus people all over the world are going to have sexual relationships almost everyday. so china are killing kids that dont even have a say in if they want to die or not but everyone knows thier going to say no they dont want to die but killing a kid shouldnt be a option so yes i do think that Biden was correct in going to china to speak on yhier one child law which is really ridicoulus .
I agree that Joe Biden have the right to state his opinion, but it is outrageous for a women to be forced to give up her child. If a women want to have kids and can't provide for them then that's her mistake. In addition, for them to say that it's better to have male children over female is insane in my opinion a female can do anything a man can!
-Jada Young 2B
Joe Biden has the right to state his opinion.The woman should of played it safe,she new what she was doing.If she doesn't abide by the rules then she should live somewhere else.But life is all about taking risks and if u aren't careful it can negatively affect you.The earth needs to be depopulated therefore NASA should begin building space shuttles so people can start making themselves comfy on the moon or mars or the government should contact the extraterrestrials (seriouusly they really have they just don't tell us).
Langston Parker 3B
I believe everyone has an opinion and everyone in the United States have freedom of speech so saying if he has the right towards expressing himself should be out of the question. But as a United States "VICE" president I do not think his opinion should have anything to do with "China's" government and their decisions towards things going on in "their" country. It's like what we talked about in class the different states having different laws. If the vice president of China put his opinion out about our laws our Government probably wouldn't even consider it. And that's how I think China's government should respond. It's no disrespect it's just ruling your country. As far as this law, I hate it. I think this law will be very detrimental towards China and others who live there. As a government I think China should consider the people feelings towards this law because I'm sure people don't agree with it. I doubt that will happen though because governments do what they want and aren't always considerable. I think this law should be vetoed. Just because the country is becoming overpopulated doesn't mean you have to make this choice. How do you just start aborting unborn children. That's just not in my heart to do. I think they can find an alternative for this harsh law. They can make people leave a certain area or just leave the entire country instead of killing their babies. I think many would choose that option. Then you have people choosing between the death of their child or the time they spend in jail. That wouldn't be to hard of a choice for me I'd go to jail out of love for my children. Rather than killing or abandoning it. But for some parents that's a hard decision. When you look at this law you have to look at the things that will happen after it. The death rate will go up the crime rate may go up like huge riots and uncontrollable things probably will happen. And if the people in China have any type of rights towards this topic they are defiantly being violated. Hu Jintao should really look deep into this law.
Kevin Washington
Yo everyone follow me on twitter Im_Different
Ashanti Walcott 1/A
In my opinion, Joe Biden has the right to state his opinion because of the 1st amendment, but that may not change anything because China may feel that he's trying to change their policy and that he has no right because it is not his place to speak. They may feel that he is interfering with their policies. Although we all have the right to speak our opinions, it does not mean that we can interfere with other counrty policies even if we feel that they are wrong. I feel personally that it is wrong for China to enforce Chinese women to kill their second child. It is also wrong that they may have to kill or abort their child based on the gender. Girls are just as powerful and important as boys. I feel that China has no remorse for second children and girls. On second note, Women should have the choice whether or not to keep their child or not, it should not be up to the law. Women have a right to their own body.
I feel as though nobody but the gov. and people of a nation has the rite to say anothing about their policies there, unless asked. But on the other hand V.P. was just trying to point out some fatal flaws in their policy that would come to the tragic end to a great nation. I am not saying he was in the right for improachin on that matter when he had nuthing to do with that.
Jibraun whitley 2A
I feel as though nobody but the gov. and people of a nation has the rite to say anothing about their policies there, unless asked. But on the other hand V.P. was just trying to point out some fatal flaws in their policy that would come to the tragic end to a great nation. I am not saying he was in the right for improachin on that matter when he had nuthing to do with that.
Jibraun whitley 2A
tyring to post for the 80th time!!! see if it works
yay finally -ashawnti byrd
well i think that is crazy first!!!!! I think I don;t even know what to say about that it is very evil and disgusting, I thinkthat Bidensholudn't be president anymore and that the rule or "law" should be overthrown. I mean some women want to have big dreams and it has to devistate the women to have to give uo there baby like that I don't really understand the concept of a country being over populated but I just think that is inhumane and someone should get involved~!
Ashawnti - Biden is OUR Vice President. He was making a speech in China about their policy. Did you read the article??
Post a Comment